Am i the only one?

• Thread starter sik180sx
  • 17 comments
Australia
mackay,qld
sik180_tR
Who wants to able to use my clutch and H-pattern when upgrading to a fully customizable transmission?
Please tell me i am not the only one?granted some cars don't have conventional manual transmissions and i'm fine with that.

But the majority do,and should still have when you upgrade the transmission.Let the community be heard,tell me what you guys think.

I agree. It makes no sense that I can use paddles or no clutch/H-pattern on a stock car but I can't use clutch and H-pattern with a custom trans.

Right. The thing is that with the full customizable transmission, you're getting a sequential shifting box. So no, you shouldn't be allowed to use the H-shifter when you upgrade to that.

You should be allowed to use the clutch, because a lot of cars with a sequential box (C6-R, Radical SR8, Skip Barber F2000) have a clutch pedal to accompany their sequential box.

Not allowed to use the H-Shifter? Realistic
Not allowed to use the clutch? Broken

Right. The thing is that with the full customizable transmission, you're getting a sequential shifting box. So no, you shouldn't be allowed to use the H-shifter when you upgrade to that.

You should be allowed to use the clutch, because a lot of cars with a sequential box (C6-R, Radical SR8, Skip Barber F2000) have a clutch pedal to accompany their sequential box.

Not allowed to use the H-Shifter? Realistic
Not allowed to use the clutch? Broken
Actually the description doesn't say its a sequential it says its a dog clutch trans and there are H-Pattern dog boxes.

Finally! My LCC Rocket have the fully customizable box and I cant use my H-shifter... too bad
Same with Caterham, Elise, and others.

Realism when it comes to using certain controllers is not a good argument.
You can use flippers in a car that doesn't have flippers. Even worse…you can drive ANY car with a DS3!!!
They could just as well let you use the H shifter and clutch on cars with a customizable gearbox.
Useless restriction.

Actually the description doesn't say its a sequential it says its a dog clutch trans and there are H-Pattern dog boxes.
From what I can gather, H-Pattern dog boxes are far less common than sequential ones (nowadays), which may be PD's reasoning behind it being sequential only. I don't know why they do what they do, though.

But hey. More options can't really hurt, I guess.

Finally! My LCC Rocket have the fully customizable box and I cant use my H-shifter... too bad
Same with Caterham, Elise, and others.

According to this road test, it comes equipped with a sequential trans, and manual clutch.
The car is powered by a 1070cc Yamaha motorcycle engine.

I ran into this same issue, regarding the transmission upgrade on the rocket car.
Fortunately I have a TH8RS shifter that also does sequential mode.

That is correct on both counts. 👍

EDIT: Posted in error, text and graphic not applicable to the discussion.

As per wikipedia:
A Dog-Leg Gearbox is a manual transmission shift pattern distinguished by an up-over-up shift between first and second gear

DogLeg.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------

So maybe this is a case of PD developers not properly labeling the custom transmission as sequential... :lol:

Last edited:
According to this road test, it comes equipped with a sequential trans, and manual clutch.
The car is powered by a 1070cc Yamaha motorcycle engine.

I ran into this same issue, regarding the transmission upgrade on the rocket car.
Fortunately I have a TH8RS shifter that also does sequential mode.

That is correct on both counts. 👍

As per wikipedia: .

View attachment 89277

So maybe this is a case of PD developers not properly labeling the custom transmission as sequential... :lol:
Dog leg and Dogbox/clutch are different. My friend's Mercedes 190e 2.3 16v has a factory dog leg trans.

this is a dogbox.

So yeah PD has the wrong description for the transmission.

I've only had this problem when driving a "standard" car.
All of my "premium" still works with the clutch.
I just tested it with the evo ix gsr and I could use my clutch and h-pattern with the custom trans. I can't believe I never noticed that. I guess I drive a lot of standard cars.

I've only bought one car yet, all the others I got are premium that came with my game (15ae) or I win in the game :P

The DOG is for the clutch operation in the transmission, similar to the DSG in a VW R32, GTi, etc., and transmissions in Audis (sportronic) with 2 rotating shafts and gears instead of 1 shaft.
That is what makes them quick.
They also use no clutch to shift as a synchromesh auto transmission would, again aiding quickness.
A more detailed article.

The H pattern is a different subject.
Sequential is also a different subject than the DOG and just like the H pattern or paddles, just a way to engage different gears.

Our Audi A4 2.0t has a tiptronic 6 speed, which can be shifted sequentially.
The sportronic in Audis and the VW DSG can also be shifted sequentially.
The biggest downfall in most cars is that gears are always shifted in sequence.

The whole racing world is rapidly advancing transmissions all the time.

So unless the language barriers the game faces is the reason for calling it what it is, it (DOG) should be only for the transmission's way of shifting gears, not how we to tell it to shift.

And of course GT is game but all peripherals should work all the time.....

Taking away the player's option is a pretty bad move. And it gets even more ridiculous in some cases like the McLaren GTR '95. The car has an H-shifter in real life, in the interior view you can see the driver change gears with his right hand like he does on an H-shifter car, and yet you can only shift with the paddles. Some logic...

Please PD, let me use my H-shifter. I bought a G27 because of it (I know its not very good, but it's something). If I had bought a TH8RS and couldn't use, I would be very angry.

Not sure if it's related, but I switched over from the H pattern to sequential on the TH8 and it wouldn't work at all and in fact stopped the paddles on the wheel from selecting any gear except reverse lol has to be a bug

Latest Posts

Back