AMG CLK-LM '98 and the WTC700 at LeMans

• Thread starter jrbabbitt
  • 10 comments

jrbabbitt

Premium
United States
Charleston, SC
TCR_JimyBee
For those that have this wonderful car, it is the easiest car to win the WTC700 @ LeMans and pick up 825K with the CRB in 31 minutes (or so).
I will provide the setup and optimum race strategy to win.
Setup tune:
Need to purchase W / IM / RH / RM / RS tyres.
1) With a clean setup sheet switch to RS tyres.
2) adjust the transmission to the numbers below in pictures. Set the Top Speed first to 300 then adjust final gears. Re-measure PP
20220414_112036.jpg
3) adjust ECU, Power Restictor, and Ballast as in picture below. Re-measure PP
20220414_112116.jpg
4) Adjust other items to match and re-measure PP
20220414_112100.jpg
PP should be below 699.

RACE STRATEGY-
Start with RS and Fuel Map at 1.
Race for two laps and pull into pits at end of lap 2. (Starts to rain...)
Change to IM tyres and get full tank fuel, when exiting pits stay in fuel map 1. You should find yourself around P4 or better, easy to regain lead.
Race in rain for 2 laps, at end of lap 4 enter the pits.
Change to RM or RH, get full tank of gas, when leaving pit road change the fuel map to 3 and that will be enough for remainder of the race. Easy win with about 1 minute ahead of P2.
Works for me...
20220414_112211.jpg

I did that race in a stock 699 pp scirocco and gapped the pack by 2 mins. Lean on hards, 4.20ish lap times. Weather is hit or miss, but with such a gap was able to feather throttle and put along.

Loved it so much bought the gr4 version and spank them even worse with less fuel.

Wasnt rich enough for clk 🤕

I did that race in a stock 699 pp scirocco and gapped the pack by 2 mins. Lean on hards, 4.20ish lap times. Weather is hit or miss, but with such a gap was able to feather throttle and put along.

Loved it so much bought the gr4 version and spank them even worse with less fuel.

Great to know, will be trying this race in other cars, love the vw sirocco

I work for cadillac, and am no fan of fwd".

I stumbled upon this gem by accident.

Turns out roulette tickets can be like a drug dealer with "something new"

Of course, you anticipate 5000 credits, but it landed here. I was like wtf, i dont want no fwd.. well, i was sold after winning this. I bought a stock one to compare it too, and the gr4 version just to do it with less fuel.

Over 700 pp with aero. 699.95 with racing hards and all upgrades.

#sleeper.

Attachments

• 20220411_015259.jpg
    20220411_015259.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 87
I work for cadillac, and am no fan of fwd".

I stumbled upon this gem by accident.

Turns out roulette tickets can be like a drug dealer with "something new"

Of course, you anticipate 5000 credits, but it landed here. I was like wtf, i dont want no fwd.. well, i was sold after winning this. I bought a stock one to compare it too, and the gr4 version just to do it with less fuel.

Over 700 pp with aero. 699.95 with racing hards and all upgrades.

#sleeper.
Schwiiiingggg🚘

Ive been luck with the weather, I never switch to rain tires. I shift early and just put along and hope rain clears before pack cathes up. I did get 2nd one time, but it was a monsoon. Havent seen heavy since, must be random?

You know it will rain at least a little, just hope your lead is enough.

1 set of hards last me entire race, long as its lean. Bring into power its pretty hard on them.

The gr4 zuki' is 4wd Iay have to try that one to even tire wear.

For those that have this wonderful car, it is the easiest car to win the WTC700 @ LeMans and pick up 825K with the CRB in 31 minutes (or so).
Setup tune:
2) adjust the transmission to the numbers below in pictures. Set the Top Speed first to 300 then adjust final gears. Re-measure PP
View attachment 1137695
View attachment 1137697
View attachment 1137696
PP should be below 699.

RACE STRATEGY-
Change to IM tyres and get full tank fuel, when exiting pits stay in fuel map 1. You should find yourself around P4 or better, easy to regain lead.
Change to RM or RH, get full tank of gas, when leaving pit road change the fuel map to 3 and that will be enough for remainder of the race. Easy win with about 1 minute ahead of P2.
Works for me...
View attachment 1137698

Thanks mate. I used your setup but pitted after lap 3 to switch to IM tyres and fill up the tank. That was the only pitstop required. Ran FM1 for those first 3 laps and FM5 for the last 3 but probably could've done it on FM1 the whole way. Had plenty of juice left over.

I don't quite know why you needed 2 refuels?

Last edited:
Thanks mate. I used your setup but pitted after lap 3 to switch to IM tyres and fill up the tank. That was the only pitstop required. Ran FM1 for those first 3 laps and FM5 for the last 3 but probably could've done it on FM1 the whole way. Had plenty of juice left over.

I don't quite know why you needed 2 refuels?
The first few times I was doing this it rained heavily starting at end of lap 2, I filled tank so as not to worry about running out. Since I've changed up my pit schedule to accommodate the rain, it does get random, sometimes not at all...

Racing Hard tires even during the rain?

Setup tune:
View attachment 1137695
View attachment 1137697
View attachment 1137696
PP should be below 699.

RACE STRATEGY-
Works for me...
View attachment 1137698
Doesn't the rain vary? How much it is and when?

Racing Hard tires even during the rain?
You can use RH tyres in the rain only if the "wetness" meter is less than half full, if it goes more then suggested you change to heavy wets.
Doesn't the rain vary? How much it is and when?
Yes, the rain does vary, expand the weather radar out to the maximum distance so you can get a better idea of the intensity of the coming rain, if it is spotty with holes in clouds and such the rain can be light, if it is solid light blue and has spots of darker blue expect heavy rain.

Back