Any fast way to skip some days in GT4?

• Thread starter D.E
  • 19 comments

D.E

Hi.
I wonder if there is any fast way to get 196 days skipped in GT4?
In 196 days the black beauties will spawn and I can´t wait...

Thanks.

- D.E

Go grab a car you don't much care for, head to the Wheel Of The Day section of GT Auto, and just keep buying the first wheel in the list. Buying a wheel counts as a day, and this method doesn't involve you having to move the cursor at all, so it's just repeatedly pressing X.

I did this back when the game came out to open up all the tracks quickly. Try to find something to do while you wait though; I sat down with the roomie and watched a movie ;).

that uses money though....

not the easiest but the cheapest: run family cups for a quick 500 and to waste a day

The easiest and best money maker is to sell some pricey cars you don't need, as long as they're not the "one time only" cars.

go to a track in practice mode, when the screen comes up that showes the a.spec, b-spec, settings, and all that stuff, exit and do it again, you dont have to race, just get to the race screen. Enter, exit, enter, exit. It's free, and it's pretty fast.

The final method to mention here is one that cost nothing, works semi-quickly and always works. 👍

Photo mode!

Specifically, the "Photo Travel" area in the top left hand side of your GT mode screen.

Each time you use that photo mode a day goes by.

That's how I skip days for free and still manage to not get involved in races I might not want to run. :sly:

Good luck,
Btw, I just did a search for "skipping days" and found nothing so this thread is staying open!!! :dopey:
(atleast for now ;) )

Sorry Kent, I found a thread that is about advancing days. :)

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=67368

It was quite a while ago that someone posted but there are some good ideas in there. Anyways D.E., have fun trying any or a combination of the things people listed to get the Black Cars. I'm about 80 days away from getting them myself too. 👍

Also D.E., welcome to GTPlanet :cheers: .

chinko
that uses money though....

not the easiest but the cheapest: run family cups for a quick 500 and to waste a day
Do that on B-Spec to build your driver's skills up. Or run the Nurb 24 hours ten times (at least) to make sure you have enough money. When the LMPs came around, i only bought one (I could only afford one of the cheaper ones anyway) so I bought the 787B for novelty value. When the GT-One comes around again I'll get it, but I won't touch the R92CP (looks like a fish) or the R390 (too slow).

SlipZtrEm
Go grab a car you don't much care for, head to the Wheel Of The Day section of GT Auto, and just keep buying the first wheel in the list. Buying a wheel counts as a day, and this method doesn't involve you having to move the cursor at all, so it's just repeatedly pressing X.

I did this back when the game came out to open up all the tracks quickly. Try to find something to do while you wait though; I sat down with the roomie and watched a movie ;).

This is the best way to pass days, its even faster than the license tests.

Kent
Good luck, Btw, I just did a search for "skipping days" and found nothing so this thread is staying open!!! :dopey:
(atleast for now ;) )

@ Kent, actually .... there is a thread (19 June 2005) on this started by El Gigante
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=65889&highlight=days+faster

And I'm pretty sure there was another one I read (but cant find at the moment)

(oh dear, I'm spending too much time on reading this forum, must get myself a life) :)

Crash852
Sorry Kent, I found a thread that is about advancing days. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=67368
[Edit] hmm, yep, that's the one
Signed,
AMG_SLK

I'm not sure I know all about these advancing days scheme.. but let me try it out.

Sorry, GT4 newbie here!

GT3: 100%
GT2: 96%
GT1: 100%

For the record, I don't know (yet) if there is a cycle that the Black cars come around with 10km/6.2 miles on them.
AS it is, they look good, but kind of suck compared to their "painted" brethren.
You spend a boat load to get them, then a boatload to refresh the chassis, and for the turbo upgrades, then you still have a car with an engine that is way down on power...even after the oil change.

Back