Anybody else?

• Thread starter PassWrd
  • 16 comments
United States
United States
RomanianBeast
I'm experiencing some trouble with GT6, it tends to make my PS3 shut down... I've read around on other forums and this is happening to a lot of people with the old fat 60gig backwards compatible PS3 and I'm hoping this issue can be fixed via a software update because I don't want to buy a new PS3 just to play GT6 when I'm saving up for a PS4. Has anybody else experienced anything like this? Does anybody have any news on if this is getting fixed or something...

I'm experiencing some trouble with GT6, it tends to make my PS3 shut down... I've read around on other forums and this is happening to a lot of people with the old fat 60gig backwards compatible PS3 and I'm hoping this issue can be fixed via a software update because I don't want to buy a new PS3 just to play GT6 when I'm saving up for a PS4. Has anybody else experienced anything like this? Does anybody have any news on if this is getting fixed or something...
With old firmware and new firmware they do not see eye to eye so there will be no software update to solve your problem you just have to buy new PS3 or a used PS3 slim or you just have to wait for PS4.

With old firmware and new firmware they do not see eye to eye so there will be no software update to solve your problem you just have to buy new PS3 or a used PS3 slim or you just have to wait for PS4.
Isn't that something, guess I should wait a year or two before I buy a PS4 so this doesnt happen again. I love wasting money on games I cant play.

Seriously though there has to be a fix, but realistically I guess there wont be since there are only a couple hundred people who are experiencing this...

I'm going to revert to 1.00 and see if that fixes it. This didn't happen before the first big update so crossing my fingers that I can still play offline.

I'm going to revert to 1.00 and see if that fixes it. This didn't happen before the first big update so crossing my fingers that I can still play offline.
Do that and tell us if that fix your problem.

I can bet it has something to do with the console temperature. GT6 is a resource junky and runs your ps3 hot. Try different ways off cooling it; leaving it out in the open, keep a window open to blow cool air once in a while etc.

I have mine stacked on a very thick book, narrow but thick. I have a slim where the vents are along the bottom outer area so there's plenty of ventilation. Mine was running hot but now it's pretty quiet and cool (1st gen slim 4-5 years old).

Its not the update, played on 1.00 and it still happened. And I really, really doubt it's the temperature because I put my PS3 next to my open window (its 0 degree's outside) and it still shutdown.

The issue is only related to the old Fattys and is probably a technical issue with the system whereby the old systems cannot handle new software demands. Here is an interesting topic thread on the Playstation Network forums about it (doesn't help fix the issue but demonstrates Sony's lack of caring about it):

http://community.eu.playstation.com...ht-flashes/m-p/20303747/highlight/true#M58429

There's also a thread about it on this forum:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gt6-continuosly-freezes.291270/

And another thread form the PSN Forums:

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Gran-Turismo/Gran-Turismo-6-Bug-Reports/td-p/20309163

I know they don't really help fix the issue but it shows that it is not a fault with your system (overheating etc) but a global issue with Gen 1 PS3s

I have the first 60GB original model PS3. I can't play GT6, plain and simple. It shuts down the PS3 after 10 - 15 min in game.

It's not overheating, since I can play every other game for hours straight, including GT5, CoD, FIFA... First I thought it was, I have it clean up and resolded by a professional, new thermal paste (Artic Silver 5) and it's running every other game fine as day one. I always took a good care of it, the system is always cleaned and had a vacuum once in a while.

I've tried running it with a directed cold air from a portable air conditioner, and after 10 min it shuts down the same way. The PS3 was not even warm.

I've tried lowering the resolution, from 1080 to 720, then 480p, but even so, it shuts down the same way.

The GT6 has this bug which prevents playing. The maximum time I did play was about 15 minutes.

Updating to 1.03 right now, hope it helps.

Alexandre

As of today (1-14) I can't boot up the game on my ps3, which is the newest ultra slim model. It says that there is an update, and after some time and a blank loading screen, it just reboots. 4 times in a row that my PS3 has restarted and checked for corrupted files...

Apparently it is a Polyphony issue, you can get round the problem by hitting the update button in less than 2 seconds after it appears, I also un plugged my wheel just in case and this seemed to work.

Apparently it is a Polyphony issue, you can get round the problem by hitting the update button in less than 2 seconds after it appears, I also un plugged my wheel just in case and this seemed to work.

What old nail said, hit update button within 2 seconds. Worked for me. I was having the same issue with my FAT PS3 60GB crashing trying to update to 1.03.

What old nail said, hit update button within 2 seconds. Worked for me. I was having the same issue with my FAT PS3 60GB crashing trying to update to 1.03.
Confirmed. This actually happened with the updat eto 1.02 for me as well.
I've had 2 freezes so far on my fat ps3 60GB, both during long play sessions, so I'm guessing overheating or something might be the cause...

Back