Anyone else getting PSN warnings for McLaren liveries?

United States
PNW
IcarusDragon
So I've been making liveries for cars since GT Sport dropped and made a fresh batch of Formula 1 liveries for the 2024 season prior to Bahrain.

BUT I've also started getting emails from Sony saying I'm in danger of having my account suspended for 'violating the code of conduct' policy, without giving any details as to why. (Because of course they wouldn't give us such critical information.)

The first one that garnered this was my recreation of the McLaren livery honoring Ayrton Senna at Monaco GP, and since then, two more of my McLaren F1 cars and ONLY the McLarens have given me the same violation.

Gran Turismo® 7_20240522124501.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20240522124530.jpg

Now I totally get it if I were making liveries that had stuff which blatantly violated the TOS and CoC, but this is 99% accurate to what McLaren had on track this last weekend...so how could it possibly be considered offensive if it's acceptable for both the team and the FIA?

Anyone else getting notices from Sony for similar things? I'm thinking it's a glitch in their monitoring system and they need to be made aware of it. Unfortunately, there's no way to do so, based on their website.

Last edited:
So I've been making liveries for cars since GT Sport dropped and made a fresh batch of Formula 1 liveries for the 2024 season prior to Bahrain.

BUT I've also started getting emails from Sony saying I'm in danger of having my account suspended for 'violating the code of conduct' policy, without giving any details as to why. (Because of course they wouldn't give us such critical information.)

The first one that garnered this was my recreation of the McLaren livery honoring Ayrton Senna at Monaco GP, and since then, two more of my McLaren F1 cars and ONLY the McLarens have given me the same violation.

View attachment 1359521

View attachment 1359522

Now I totally get it if I were making liveries that had stuff which blatantly violated the TOS and CoC, but this is 99% accurate to what McLaren had on track this last weekend...so how could it possibly be considered offensive if it's acceptable for both the team and the FIA?

Anyone else getting notices from Sony for similar things? I'm thinking it's a glitch in their monitoring system and they need to be made aware of it. Unfortunately, there's no way to do so, based on their website.
It's the DeWalt logo.

No, we don't really know why either, but that's really what it is.

Of all the things that could set off the filter, that's rather crazy.

Good to know that all I need to do is pull it and should be fine.

I do remember back when GT7 went online that all the DeWalt decals had been pulled, so clearly they think there's something up with it in the same way they think Koenigsegg is a racial term...even though it very much isn't.

I can only assume it's got something to do with DeWalt wanting to license the use of their logo ??
It is a registered trademark of the Black & Decker corporation, and it appears to be registered in classifications that protect it in computer games software. As such, prevention of use without permission would be the norm, rather than in GT7's case, being the exception.

The fact we're not used to seeing takedowns is probably because of most brands being somewhat pragmatic about it, but - if for instance DeWalt already licenses their logo to somebody else it could be their obligation to enforce trademark registration...who knows.

I prefer Makita anyway...

1716998466492.png

Not the Jack Daniels sticker? An alcohol sponsor isn’t a violation?
Considering the long history of alcohol and tobacco sponsorship in racing? There'd be no point in making that a violation, otherwise why allow us to make liveries in the first place?

Last edited:
I did check if Roush-era Matt Kenseth liveries have to deal with similar issue, and I can confirm that too.
Pretty sure if the logo was an issue, whatever livery was being used would not have mattered. Pretty sure someone tryed to replicate the one for the TVR Tuscan some time ago (Based off this car) and they had the same issue.

Last edited:

View attachment 1359521

View attachment 1359522

It’s 100% the DeWalt decals.
There are some clever alternatives around that should help you get around this

I’ve never had an issue with these

Last edited:
Back