Are any of the invitation cars particularly good for any races?

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
breeminator
breeminator
With the 4 star tickets we've been getting, I now have some options for buying invitation cars that I don't already own:
AM Vulcan '16 3.3m
Lambo Veneno '14 3.64m
Pagani Huayra '13 1.35m
Bugatti Veyron '13 2m

I don't have enough credits to buy them all, and even if I did, there are lots of other cars I don't own that would probably be better ways to spend the credits.

Are any of these cars good performers for any specific races in the game?

With the 4 star tickets we've been getting, I now have some options for buying invitation cars that I don't already own:
AM Vulcan '16 3.3m
Lambo Veneno '14 3.64m
Pagani Huayra '13 1.35m
Bugatti Veyron '13 2m

I don't have enough credits to buy them all, and even if I did, there are lots of other cars I don't own that would probably be better ways to spend the credits.

Are any of these cars good performers for any specific races in the game?
I really enjoy the Vulcan and especially the Huayra, but they’re not easy to find races for. They “tweeners” that are too powerful for some races and too underpowered for others. I think I won with the Vulcan at Le Mans, but it was a pinch. If you can afford them all, though, they’re fun.

Last edited:
Ferrari Enzo for Ferrari Circuit Challenge. Porsche Carrera GT for Schwarzwald. Pagani Huayra and Bugatti Veyron for Race of Turbo.

Last edited:
I've seen a lot of people comment on how good the Vulcan is compared to GT Sport. Is it just that it was so bad in Sport, or that it's genuinely a great car in 7? I'm wondering if I should buy one.

I own all of the Invite cars. The only one I was disappointed in was the Citroen.

I've used the four cars you mentioned to win the WTC800 races. Specifically the one in Sardegna. The Bugatti was the only car that is hard to drive, but you just have to treat it like any other "muscle" car (LOL) and ONLY use the accelerator when your car is pointed straight.

It's been a while since I raced them but I do believe the Vulcan and Veneno were a lot of fun to drive. I should go back and race them all again, I think it was pre 1.13 when I did it last

Edit - I just took the Veneno to the wtc800 race at Monza. Only upgraded the brakes and brake pads to racing and put racing tyres on it and it was 759pp. It drives like an AWD supercar should drive, like a dream. It's like easy mode. It takes corners at the same speed as a Gr3 car but has to brake a little earlier. It is thirst though. Had to pit after 4 laps in FM6.

Then I took the Huayra to Daytona WTC800, stock with Racing Hards it was 737pp. It is very fast here, hitting 195mph in FM6. It too is a thirst SOB, but not as thirsty as the Veneno. It completed 5 laps in FM6, making for a 1 pit race. It is a bit less agile, but only a little. For example, the infield curve we normally take flat out, you should tap the brakes in the Huayra. And I had to drop down to 88mph to nail the exit on bus stop. She was gentle on the Hards, taking one set for all 10 laps.

Last edited:
IMO, Veneno and Huayra for 800. Veyron can be good for 800 as well due to sheer acceleration. Carrera GT and Enzo pretty good for 700. LaFerrari was pretty average in 800 but apparently in 1.17 they tweaked the loss of speed from hybrids when battery runs out, so maybe it became better, like its sibling the FXX-K. One-77 has poor cornering ability but still usable. Vulcan has too little range. Citroën GT is bad at 600 and probably 700 too.

But remember that, at 800 PP and more, sometimes even 700 PP, you can run racecars and downgraded prototypes/F1 cars in the game, so there's no way these invite cars can win against them. The Suzuki Escudo will destroy any of them except for LM. Stronger Gr.3 cars like McLaren F1 are superior too. Gr.1 and Gr.2 cars are a no brainer.

Last edited:
Am I the only one who doesn’t enter road cars in WTC700 and WTC800? At best I go multi-class, but I always stick to racing cars in these events.
One of my biggest disapppointments with GT7 is how PD chose to cater to Sport fanbase in single player mode by making AI in higher WTC events all use racecars.

They should have had separate Gr. and road events for these levels. I find GT4 cars extremely boring to race. GT3 are better, but not that much better.

WTC 600 is brilliant because it turns the GT pros into AI characters you can race against and curse at, similar to G.Ceara and A.Picos of the classic racing games. A true 1990s experience, but in 4K. WTC 700 and 800 are kinda the opposite as the racecars from recent years are mostly lacking in character.

The only game today to give this experience to me in single player is NFS Heat. AI has specific race cars and you know they mean business when some of the harder ones appear. GT7 follows it too, but not in every event.

Last edited:
Am I the only one who doesn’t enter road cars in WTC700 and WTC800? At best I go multi-class, but I always stick to racing cars in these events.
Why would I cut myself off from using a large portion of the cars available just to stick to some arbitrary rule about race cars? The 700 and 800 aren't restricted to racecars so we can enjoy some of those high priced cars sitting in our garage. Seems like a waste to spend 1-3 mil on a car that I'm not going to use. Yes, you have to pit an extra time cuz they have small gas tanks but they go so fast that it doesnt matter.

One of my biggest disapppointments with GT7 is how PD chose to cater to Sport fanbase in single player mode by making AI in higher WTC events all use racecars.

I don’t know how you arrived at such a specific conclusion. To me the WTC events seem like nothing more than a minimum effort in populating the “latter half” of World Circuits, as Kaz once described these events.

If PD was serious about WTC, the opponent cars would have ranged from moderately to highly modified road cars, sporting custom liveries. Like a proper step up from the Clubman Cup. To me the whole concept just reeks of poor imagination.

Why would I cut myself off from using a large portion of the cars available just to stick to some arbitrary rule about race cars?

Because racing tires are required for entering WTC700 and WTC800. In my opinion road cars feel numb on racing tires, and I find it usually takes some serious tuning upgrades to justify stepping up from the sports compounds. Costly affair if applied to many cars, especially if you install irreversible modifications on cars you also enjoy to drive in stock form (hello buying every car twice :crazy:). So to me it’s just more feasible to stick with the Group cars for WTC700 and WTC800. They’re ready to go.

All this may sound like I’m against exploring a plethora of possibilities. I’m not. I just try not to spend too many credits I don’t necessarily have to. Blame the economy.

The 700 and 800 aren't restricted to racecars so we can enjoy some of those high priced cars sitting in our garage. Seems like a waste to spend 1-3 mil on a car that I'm not going to use. Yes, you have to pit an extra time cuz they have small gas tanks but they go so fast that it doesnt matter.

You can use the road cars in some of the events I mentioned to begin with. For example, Ferrari Enzo on sports soft excels in the Ferrari Circuit Challenge. You get to enjoy the car in its natural element and get paid around 150K with clean race bonus for 5 laps at Maggiore.

Ferrari Enzo for Ferrari Circuit Challenge. Porsche Carrera GT for Schwarzwald. Pagani Huayra and Bugatti Veyron for Race of Turbo.

Unfortunately there is no Ferrari race at Monza. Which is nonsense. So in order to race my Enzo there competitively I enter it into the 800 race.

Most of the invite cars slot right into a 700 or 800 race with only race tyres. No need for all of those irreversible mods.

Idk, the guy just asked if they were good performers for any specific races so I figured he wanted to know if they were competitive in their PP range, not if they could blow the doors off of a bunch of Ferrari street cars. If the OP has additional questions about Invite cars I'll br here to answer those too

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies, I decided to pick up the Veyron and Veneno and do a run of the Tokyo 600 race with each of them to recoup some of the credits. Both can win against hard AI comfortably enough, but the Veneno was a lot nicer to drive while maybe not being quite as fast. Both were over a minute slower than the DP-100.

I think I'll at least also buy the Vulcan before my invite expires.

After 120 x 4 star tickets I still don't have a Ferrari invite.

The Veneno is an excellent car at Le Mans. All you need is a power restrictor and a set of racing hards.

They should have had separate Gr. and road events for these levels. I find GT4 cars extremely boring to race. GT3 are better, but not that much better.

WTC 600 is brilliant because it turns the GT pros into AI characters you can race against and curse at, similar to G.Ceara and A.Picos of the classic racing games. A true 1990s experience, but in 4K. WTC 700 and 800 are kinda the opposite as the racecars from recent years are mostly lacking in character.

The only game today to give this experience to me in single player is NFS Heat. AI has specific race cars and you know they mean business when some of the harder ones appear. GT7 follows it too, but not in every event.
Or maybe the problem is they lazily just created "World Touring Car" events which don't require touring cars to enter and are just open to anything at the PP level.

Idk, the guy just asked if they were good performers for any specific races so I figured he wanted to know if they were competitive in their PP range, not if they could blow the doors off of a bunch of Ferrari street cars.
Good luck beating those Ferrari street cars without coming relatively close to 700 PP, which is exactly where the Enzo lives. Same with the Porsche Carrera GT in Schwarzwald. At least that’s my experience at difficulty level
🌶️🌶️.

Latest Posts

Back