Are the Gr.3 cars much faster than they should be?

Spain
Barcelona
topu999
First, I apologize if this has been posted before. I haven't found any thread.

A few minutes ago, I thought about using BoP to try and get the 4C Gr.3 to match the lap times of GTE cars. I decided to use Fuji, and try and get the 1:47.577 of the 911 RSR that qualified first in class. I added weight to match the GTE regs, and off I went. My time was a 1:41.055, which was pretty weird to me.

So I took the 911 RSR, completely stock except for suspension and gearing, and I got a 1:40.973. And right now I did a lap with BoP, just in case it actually does make that big of a difference, but I got a 1:40.563.

I know Gr.3 is neither GT3 nor GTE, but 6 seconds is a lot. Sure, there's a lot that makes the car slower in reality than in the game but still. Six seconds. The GTS times would put me in between the LMP1s and LMP2s...

I'm assuming that the tires are completely wrong in GTS, that I should slash the power of these cars to match the real BoP, and that WEC has parc fermé rules so the cars are tuned for the race and not qualy.

Just my midnight rambling, tomorrow I'll run some laps with a lower power % for the 911, see if I can make it slow enough:lol:

I did a 2:04.xxx Free Practice time at Mount Panorama, in the Mustang Gr.3, on RS tyres. During this weekend's Bathurst 12H practice and qualifying, the real GT3 cars, were doing 2:04s, depending on car & driver.
When they did the top 10 shoot out, some cars still did 2:04s. Pole was a 2:02.494.
Pirelli made a new compound for this race.

Players were doing under 2:00. The GT3 lap record at the mountain, is a 1:59.29, in an R8 on sticky RS tyres, with no BOP. That day was sunny with some clouds and traffic at the end of Christopher Mies' lap. So, I'd say PD are pretty close to reality.

For an average player like me, times could be spot on.

I think the core GT3 cars are pretty spot on... eg. the 650s you have the video proof etc.

However saying that who can say much about the edge cases like the Peugeot VGT, the Mazda6, the Citroen GT, the Ford GT LM Spec II...

I think the core GT3 cars are pretty spot on... eg. the 650s you have the video proof etc.

However saying that who can say much about the edge cases like the Peugeot VGT, the Mazda6, the Citroen GT, the Ford GT LM Spec II...
Mazda6? Isn't it the Furai or the 787B race car?

05-mazda6-skyactiv-d-race-car-detroit.jpg

I'm not sure if outs is actually that car or its more a PD 'original', It doesnt drive like a diesel.

What tires did you use?

Racing Softs. I'm assuming that they are realistic, which could be wrong. But then again, @05XR8 kinda confirms they aren't too much off real pace.
I did a 2:04.xxx Free Practice time at Mount Panorama, in the Mustang Gr.3, on RS tyres. During this weekend's Bathurst 12H practice and qualifying, the real GT3 cars, were doing 2:04s, depending on car & driver.
When they did the top 10 shoot out, some cars still did 2:04s. Pole was a 2:02.494.
Pirelli made a new compound for this race.

Players were doing under 2:00. The GT3 lap record at the mountain, is a 1:59.29, in an R8 on sticky RS tyres, with no BOP. That day was sunny with some clouds and traffic at the end of Christopher Mies' lap. So, I'd say PD are pretty close to reality.

For an average player like me, times could be spot on.

Yep, they seem to be realistic. I just watched the 2017 6h of Fuji qualy highlights. The cars had their wipers on. 🤬, 🤬. Note to self: don't go to internet forums at 2 am while one half of my brain is asleep and the other is focused on playing a game.:dunce:

Also I found the 2018 6h of Fuji qualy times. Why that was impossible yesterday, I have no damn idea. The fastest lap by a GTE was a 1:36.

End me please...

If anyone's interested I can make a thread to post what BoP the various Gr.3 cars need to match GTE lap times, at least in Fuji. I'm going to do it anyway so it won't be much of an issue to post my results online.

Back