Are there any video games that accurately depict Los Angeles?

• Thread starter Suzumiya
  • 9 comments
United States
Los Angeles
racingheartruby
RubyWooby
Just curious, are there any games that are like almost a replica of L.A? I'm pretty curious. L.A Rush and MCLA aren't that accurate. :/

LA is huge. It would be pretty hard to do so and at the same time make it fun.

I think that's the problem with most games in real life areas, they are sometimes too big and they have to compress it, compromising accuracy. An example is Midnight Club: LA.

I'd recommend Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. In that game, you can drive around "Los Santos".

close_enough.png

LA Noire is supposed to be pretty accurate and I'm sure Los Santos in GTAV will be pretty close to the modern day LA since Rockstar has the LA model and all they really had to do was change signs and things.

Well Google Earth is not really a game but it has a flying simulator in it! So I would say that it depicts LA better than any game(You can display 3D buildings too).

NFS: The Run is using real life locations and someone I knew flipped out all happy because they did the Philadelphia section nearly spot-on according to him.

Don't know about LA

Midnight Club Los Angeles is without a doubt the most realistic interpretation of the city out there and is fully licensed so the names and styles of various landmarks are accurate however they have taken some liberties with the road layouts but its the best your going to get in current gen graphics.

True Crime Streets of LA is the only game to feature GPS accurate streets from 240 square miles of the city the only problem is the last gen graphics let its realism down.

Robin.

True Crime was MASSIVE for its day. It was insanely huge for the PS2 console and it was showing it at times but it had to be seen to be believed. Unfortunately, it also meant that there was a realistic bore factor in the driving around from one end to the other....

Back