[ASK] Uploading tobacco and liquor decals

• Thread starter fikridroid
  • 6 comments
Indonesia
Bikini Bottom
FueledByMisery
SomeRandomAce
Is it safe to upload decal of tobacco and liquor brands? Because I've seen the Marlboro and Martini decal in the discover menu got deleted by PDI, which makes me nervous about my PSN account even if I only to plan to upload the local brand of tobacco decals

Is it safe to upload decal of tobacco and liquor brands? Because I've seen the Marlboro and Martini decal in the discover menu got deleted by PDI, which makes me nervous about my PSN account even if I only to plan to upload the local brand of tobacco decals

If they are less well known you should be relatively safe, I have loads in my library still and have used lots of them already, If you want to be doubly sure you could just upload them to your library and not put them on share 👍

If they are less well known you should be relatively safe, I have loads in my library still and have used lots of them already, If you want to be doubly sure you could just upload them to your library and not put them on share 👍
Crap, I've already shared it, since it was requested by a PSN friend lol. But if that's the case it sounds really reassuring tbh :lol: Thank you!

There are still plenty out there so search first.

Besides, they can't really police it. If they delete all the Marlboro decals for instance, people will just go back to making their own with the in game font, which IMHO looks pretty damn close when done right. Same goes for the Martini logo.

I did it for Durex. PD was deleting Durex decals so I just made one with the shapes. Policing desirable decals is a fools errand. Not to mention the immense bad will that will occur from banning all these people with a following just as the social aspects of the game are hitting their stride.

There are still plenty out there so search first.

Besides, they can't really police it. If they delete all the Marlboro decals for instance, people will just go back to making their own with the in game font, which IMHO looks pretty damn close when done right. Same goes for the Martini logo.

I did it for Durex. PD was deleting Durex decals so I just made one with the shapes. Policing desirable decals is a fools errand. Not to mention the immense bad will that will occur from banning all these people with a following just as the social aspects of the game are hitting their stride.
Ikr, I think the best they can do was implementing the filtering system for particular PSN account based on the DOB (it works similarly as the birthday gift cars). So let's say that you're under 18, it'll not showing any Marlboro, Martini or any tobacco and liquor-related decals/livery because it was marked as explicit or mature content. cmiiw

Still, in some cases PD might be legally required to do something, even when they know it's a loosing battle and/or don't really care in the first place.

What does Forza do? They've had theirs for a while so I would imagine they've already had to deal with it.

Back