Assetto Corsa PC getting started help

• Thread starter Jezza819
  • 7 comments
United States
Alabamistan
I picked up the Assetto Corsa Ultimate Edition for PC yesterday and so far it has been an absolute nightmare to get it set up. It's been many years since I played it on Xbox. I don't remember having to do this level of setup on the Xbox versions.

When I first went into the game all of the menus, logos, etc. are very tiny. They are so small my cursor dwarfs the sliders so I can't exactly get what I want. This can't be right but how do you fix it?

Do you have to make your own HUD? When I drove my first car just in practice, I had nothing on screen. Then I found a video where you have to enable everything by using the menu on the right side of the screen. It's putting everything in the upper left corner of the screen. You just drag and drop things where you want them? Is the leaderboard only allowed on the bottom of the screen?

I think I remember that you used to be able to choose the color of the car you're using but I can't find where that is. Also do you have to run a races as single make races for production cars or do you get to run against a class?

Hi, start with that one here.

I highly recommend not to use the default GUI and only use CM and CSP as in the video. Then please feel free to use our huge AC thread here on GTP.

Last edited:
Assetto Corsa's slogan is "Your Driving Simulator." You can make this game as simple or as complicated as you like. I recently started playing AC again after playing little of it on my former PC. You sort of build up your HUD almost like a buffet- pick out the apps you want to use to represent your HUD. Some will be more useful to you than others, and you'll really need to consider which works best for you. As I found out, you can have about three different HUD layouts. Maybe you want a layout to handle things like certain Formula 1 features like DRS or KERS or MGK(?). Set up your HUD accordingly for certain other uses.

I also highly recommend Content Manager to handle your viewing of skins, sorting of mods, and the like. Pay the extra money for the full Content Manager experience. It's worth it.

It has been a while since I recall first setting up Assetto Corsa, so I am not sure of the relevance of anything I just discussed. AC really is a great game once you really settle in.

[OMISSION/OFF-TOPIC] Even my current avatar of the 2016 Audi R8 GT3 was made through Content Manager.

Last edited:
Downloaded Content Manager and now my wheel and pedals do not respond. This is the same issue I had with ASM2 initially and I think I had to delete a certain file then relaunch the game to create a new one but I don't know if this is the same deal or not. The input method on settings says wheel but nothing works.

Downloaded Content Manager and now my wheel and pedals do not respond. This is the same issue I had with ASM2 initially and I think I had to delete a certain file then relaunch the game to create a new one but I don't know if this is the same deal or not. The input method on settings says wheel but nothing works.
Try remapping the controls in content manager, see if that works.

Try remapping the controls in content manager, see if that works.
Thanks, you were right.

This having to go manually set up every single bit in this game is getting quite frustrating. For every single race you run do have have to go set up the opposition field every time?

I did find out how to increase the size of the menus in the game but not in the HUD and in game menus. All of that is still very tiny.

I ran a race with the Porsche 919 Hybrid and the tires stayed blue on the graph the entire time and the car felt like it didn't have a lot of grip. I seem to remember from back in the Xbox days there was something strange about the Porsche 919 tires.

Set the AI aggression to 80 and I might have to back that off a bit. It's not that much of a problem until you get up to the leading two or three cars. Then they get very naughty but especially the lead AI car. I've been ran completely off track trying to pass and it's taken us both out of the race on two occasions.

Thanks, you were right.

This having to go manually set up every single bit in this game is getting quite frustrating. For every single race you run do have have to go set up the opposition field every time?

I did find out how to increase the size of the menus in the game but not in the HUD and in game menus. All of that is still very tiny.

I ran a race with the Porsche 919 Hybrid and the tires stayed blue on the graph the entire time and the car felt like it didn't have a lot of grip. I seem to remember from back in the Xbox days there was something strange about the Porsche 919 tires.

Set the AI aggression to 80 and I might have to back that off a bit. It's not that much of a problem until you get up to the leading two or three cars. Then they get very naughty but especially the lead AI car. I've been ran completely off track trying to pass and it's taken us both out of the race on two occasions.
Yeah, it's a pain. Thing is, you've got to think of it as less of a game more as a simulator with a fancy front end.

You can import championships such as @Rainmaker87 is creating to give you something to move through and have a complete game set up for you. Alternatively, it's worth having a look at Assetto Corsa Evoluzione, which provides a Gran Turismo-style front end: https://www.patreon.com/alexmail/posts

For your HUD, you could try the GT7 Hud which resizes and makes life much easier: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/gt7-hud.56420/

Back