Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,494 comments
Can anyone help. I want to add another version of a car that has been modified but still want to keep the original.
I have tried changing the name by adding car name then added _v2 but it gives errors when you select it to race.
Any ideas please.
If you want to make a clone of an existing car (works only for unencrypted cars!), you first have to unpack data.acd in the original car folder (that's very important!) to create a "data" folder. In the second step you make a copy of the original car folder "carname" and rename it to "carname_new" or what you like and delete the data.acd in the new car folder. In the last step you must go to the sound folder "sfx" and rename the sound file "carname.bank" to "carname_new.bank" and edit GUIDs.txt and change every entry with "carname" to "carname_new". Now the cloned car willl work. It's also a good idea to change car name in the "ui_car.json" of the new car, so it's different to original car.

But don't forget, this works only for unencrypted car and if you unpack the data.acd in the original car folder before renaming it!

shi
Alternative billboards skin for Clydeside Street Circuit
View attachment 1353791

Clydeside Street Circuit by Nukedrop ( @pk3r72owns );

Used @Masscot textures.

Alternative billboards skin Download (mediafire)
Nice thank you shin! Are you able to do this also for Tyrone´s track Thermalito?

If you want to make a clone of an existing car (works only for unencrypted cars!), you first have to unpack data.acd in the original car folder (that's very important!) to create a "data" folder. In the second step you make a copy of the original car folder "carname" and rename it to "carname_new" or what you like and delete the data.acd in the new car folder. In the last step you must go to the sound folder "sfx" and rename the sound file "carname.bank" to "carname_new.bank" and edit GUIDs.txt and change every entry with "carname" to "carname_new". Now the cloned car willl work. It's also a good idea to change car name in the "ui_car.json" of the new car, so it's different to original car.

But don't forget, this works only for unencrypted car and if you unpack the data.acd in the original car folder before renaming it!
All that tedious editing of the sound bank isn't necessary. Just replace the new car's audio with that of the original car in Content Manager.

Maybe a good idea for Nuzzi and his "special" apps. I mean, no one thought about rolling starts but nowadays, thanks to him, we have it. Is he around here reading maybe? I would love to have such an app.
+1 to that. Maybe it´s possible to fix awareness with one of his special apps?:

This. With a mid race save feature and better AI's awareness AC would be perfect.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back