Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,275 comments
I see, I also have (no idea why) a Dunlop map in the car extension map, filled with 8 .dds, but they are all transparent,

View attachment 1392834

while the ones in the skin folder:

View attachment 1392837
Found it. I had some config files located in \extension\config\cars\mods\t78, so I edited this one then and quoted out some entries for the tyres, now it works. Thanks for your help anyway @Fanapryde

hey guys, i've seen Nascar 1980-1990 cars on this thread somewhere, can't find them, just wondering which car/track combos you would find the best to recreate a late 80s/early 90s race. Something bumpy, visceral, with a decent AI? I know very little when it comes to Nascar, and i kinda want to dig a little into it.

hey guys, i've seen Nascar 1980-1990 cars on this thread somewhere, can't find them, just wondering which car/track combos you would find the best to recreate a late 80s/early 90s race. Something bumpy, visceral, with a decent AI? I know very little when it comes to Nascar, and i kinda want to dig a little into it.

www.facebook.com/share/p/XU4ow2x4udmnvUXR/?mibextid=oFDknk

All the 1990 Cup cars can be found here. Not sure about what tracks are best with them

Last edited:

Use this one - the best Winston Cup car available.

1727608936940.png

Skins:

Last edited:
Hey, does anybody know what's going on here?

Why is the AI choosing a mix of SS and M compounds? This is Brno (5.4km) so 20 laps would totally kill supersofts, but didn't the AI used to just choose whichever compound was set as the 'default'?
View attachment 1392894
I tested and rolled back to an old version of CSP (0.1.79) and it worked as it used to, with all cars choosing the default medium compound. Doesn't seem to be caused by the 'New AI Behavior' CSP settings either; turning that off made no difference.

Any idea what's going on here? Or does it not even matter due to how Assetto Corsa doesn't really bother with calculating AI tire usage?

Also what does the 'ai_tyres.ini' file in the data folder for each car do? It looks like it should govern which compound the AI uses based on how far the race distance is, but I have found it to never work.

Thanks for your suggestions, folks. :)
You need to make an ai_default.ini setup for the car at each track with each car if you want the Ai to start on specific tires. Otherwise the game just uses random tires, Wish this was something that Ilja could work on next so we could start being able to have Ai run track specific tunes etc.

Look at these skinpacks, working links were provided in the Readmes.

NASCAR Winston Cup

Last edited:
2004 Rollcentre Racing Dallara SP1 for Assetto Corsa Version 1.1

download link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/jg0d...entre_Racing_Dallara_SP1_and_ALMS_1.1.7z/file

Credits

Team: RMS

Model: PerfectDark, Unknown

Converstion: Marneus_boss

Model Scaling and Model Work: Marneus_boss, Peugeot905, Kamil Cader,

Updated Model: Fullnoise

Animations: Fullnoise, Peugeot905 Sound: RMS

Physics: Peugeot905, Kamil Cader Screenshots: AndyGTR

Other Lemans Prototypes: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/7g6488jsyt2ux/Lemans_Prototype_Near_Finalized

4kmURd.jpg

48nEBx.jpg

Uk4WEa.jpg

ipnuww.jpg

49MB0l.jpg

IWROtO.jpg

jdXBX6.jpg

Jepe3y.jpg

kZFRXq.jpg

r6yWhO.jpg

Rc6LLD.jpg

sioIev.jpg

X3GI3E.jpg

zyLGQp.jpg

3CjrBv.jpg

Attachments

• f5VJSm.jpg
    f5VJSm.jpg
    294.2 KB · Views: 1
  • acmMhf.jpg
    acmMhf.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 1
  • fqQS4r.jpg
    fqQS4r.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 4KkaEb.jpg
    4KkaEb.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 1
2004 Rollcentre Racing Dallara SP1 for Assetto Corsa Version 1.1

download link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/jg0d...entre_Racing_Dallara_SP1_and_ALMS_1.1.7z/file

Credits

Team: RMS

Model: PerfectDark, Unknown

Converstion: Marneus_boss

Model Scaling and Model Work: Marneus_boss, Peugeot905, Kamil Cader,

Updated Model: Fullnoise

Animations: Fullnoise, Peugeot905 Sound: RMS

Physics: Peugeot905, Kamil Cader Screenshots: AndyGTR

Other Lemans Prototypes: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/7g6488jsyt2ux/Lemans_Prototype_Near_Finalized

View attachment 1392990
View attachment 1393007
View attachment 1393003
View attachment 1393004
View attachment 1392991
View attachment 1392992
View attachment 1392993
View attachment 1392994
View attachment 1392995
View attachment 1392996
View attachment 1392997
View attachment 1392998
View attachment 1392999
View attachment 1393000
View attachment 1393001
hi, if you release an updated/reworked model in 2024 , then the "in your face" parts should look like something in a 2024 mod imho (else I would not mention having updated/reworked the model , then it's just an import into AC, right?)

these I mean for starters, are the reason I do not download and try this mod:
1727612080360.png
This could be the best feeling car in AC , but many will not download it , since it will look like playing a 1999 sim...

Don't take this wrong, it is meant as positive building feedback! :cheers:

Last edited:
For all those who love vintage mods... Exceptional mods especially for physics

Mate, tell me which mod you got from there that is any good, cause i sure have the Gr2 Fiat 127, 128, 850 and they are probably the worst thing that happened to my eyes in the past years.

OK it's the Assetto Nascar Mod group on Facebook, I'm sure you can join them, and then search for the 1990 cars.
God it drives me crazy i cannot acces them thru any opf the links i find online. Ihave this screen when attempting to go to your link, or thru any links i could find

Sans titre.png

Mate, tell me which mod you got from there that is any good, cause i sure have the Gr2 Fiat 127, 128, 850 and they are probably the worst thing that happened to my eyes in the past years.

God it drives me crazy i cannot acces them thru any opf the links i find online. Ihave this screen when attempting to go to your link, or thru any links i could find

View attachment 1393016
I tried the WTCC 2007 updated a few days ago, the Fiat Tipo and the Alfa 33 Imola and I'm happy with it... There are some mods that are definitely not updated that the modder is slowly updating. Try asking him directly about what you tried with the things you consider inadequate, he will surely answer you

oke a really stupid quistion

to light tires on fire ,is there a settings to change ,or is it a car thing

i tryed several donuts ,burnout..only smoke
Maybe light a hay stack with exhaust and use that fire to light the tires?
I guess it must be really cold on track, if lighting your tires is the last resort for heating your tires 😜

Last edited:
I tried the WTCC 2007 updated a few days ago, the Fiat Tipo and the Alfa 33 Imola and I'm happy with it... There are some mods that are definitely not updated that the modder is slowly updating. Try asking him directly about what you tried with the things you consider inadequate, he will surely answer you
I’m maybe wrong, but tell me your are the modder from this paywall website?

I assume where most of us mean vintage cars and tracks when we say "vintage mods", you must mean vintage as in, old and not up to current standards because every CIR mod I've used would've been good in maybe December 2013 but not since...

I assume where most of us mean vintage cars and tracks when we say "vintage mods", you must mean vintage as in, old and not up to current standards because every CIR mod I've used would've been good in maybe December 2013 but not since...
I only took the cars mentioned above that I like for my personal collection; I can't express opinions about the others since I didn't buy them. I only know that many of them are not updated at the moment, but that they are being updated after having spoken in chat with the modder who owns the website.

1727624237630.png

The BOAT (Biggest of all time) of F1 cars, is making a return soon to assetto corsa, Presenting you a complete rework of the F60 of SDD.

1727624334855.png

1727624438184.png

The car has been 3D fixed to fit the proportion of the real F60, and the cockpit area has been modified to fit more the F60 cockpit lines. Same goes for front wing and rear wing. And more accurate callipers.

1727624650112.png

1727624671411.png

It will also have new physics, new carbon texture, better AO map, and 3d helmets for Massa Raikonen Fisichella and Badoer. And real life cockpit badges.

And real life led animation

1727624764098.png

1727624772819.png

Will come early october

Last edited:

for sure confident pricing :dopey:

Some cool cars there, but not for that money

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back