Aussie Cockpit

Hey guys, as you can see from my username im an aussie.
I have just joined and im planning on making a cockpit as i bought a williams ps2 wheel but it jurks from side to side when released...
I already have 2 matching seats which i snatched from a garage sale for $10 bucks each and they look great.

Thinking of makeing my cockpit out of aluminium tubing that you just joint together and inclosing most of it with check plate...
Im going to make it so the wheel is attached onto a platform which you can raise up so you can get in. It will aslo have to house a tv when completed.
Saving some cash to aford a dfp but unsure of where to get one from as in aus. they are around $300 from online shops, $400 in shops and $200 online from ebay.

Just one q, if i bought a dfp from the u.s will it work on a pal system or is it usa system and not work?

Thanks for your time and look foward to hearing from you guys or any aussie guys even (or girls) :lol:

Cheers
Reece

You can get DFPs for about $280 at Harvey Norman.

I don't know where you saw it for $400, I've never seen them over $300 before.

Ah, really
Havent been to Harvey Norman in quite a while will have to have a look around. Eb games down on the Gold Coast (where i live) had them for $400. So i just assumed that was the going rate.
My mistake
Cheers
Reece

Aussie Guy
Just one q, if i bought a dfp from the u.s will it work on a pal system or is it usa system and not work?
Hey Reece, I’d avoid purchasing a DFP from the US, as the cost of shipping will well and truly eat into your potential savings. USPS is also quite tardy, and if you have a problem, it takes a good while to resolve. Looking forward to your construction work.:)

Yeah i was thinking if something went wrong it would be a hassel, just waiting for a dfp new in box to go on ebay and i think ill be able to get one within $250 or there abouts, going down to Harvey Norman tomorow to have a look at a dfp as i have not yet seen one. Parents freaked when i asked for a loan of $250 as i have just finished paying of my breeding stock of birds so hopefuly ill be able to make some quick cash, that was about $1400 worth.
Anyways enough about me
Cheers
Reece

Back