Baldur's Gate boxset problem...

• Thread starter Golfman
  • 1 comments

Golfman

(Banned)
Just wondering if anybody else in the UK has had this little problem and if there is any way to fix it.
Recently got the Baldur's Gate boxset for my laptop(since my interest in DragonAge: Origins made me want to check out these early BioWare RPGs). It contains Baldur's Gate, Tales Of The Sword Coast, BGII:Shadows Of Amn, and Throne Of Bhaal. Each one comes on it's own disc (4 discs).
Here's my problem. Every one of them work fine except for 'Tales Of The Sword Coast'. It installs ok but whenever I try to run it I get the message 'Wrong Version. This only works in Canada and USA'.
And since during installation it overwrites some of the files from the original Baldur's Gate install, it render's both of them unplayable. I then have to re-install Baldur's Gate to get it to run.
It isn't that much of a pain - 3 out of 4 games for £4.99 isn't bad. Just wondering if there is any way to fix it, or if I could send the offending disc to Atari or Interplay or even BioWare themselves and get a replacement?

Back