Best Car 2008 Series : The R8 Takes It!

• Thread starter YSSMAN
  • 324 comments
Hey, hey, HEY! I only voted R8 once, first round, and I don't think it was against all that flattering of a car.

I'm calling it the Audi Obama. That's what it is. The GT-R is McCain, and the Hyundai Genesis is Ron Paul and Bob Barr combined. When Audi stops making the R8 because nobody is buying it you'll all realize you should've voted Libertarian.

Last edited:
Well, I guess this seals the deal: Behold: the new face of Controversy:

0712_03z+2008_audi_r8+front_view.jpg

Replacing the Previous...

112_2007_tokyo_motor_show_11s+2008_nissan_GT-R+front_view.jpg

And the Perrennial Favorite...

Chevy_Corvette_Front_red.jpg

Anyone want to take bets on the next car that gets people so wound up that bans are threatened?

You forgot the big bad Veyron.

Elections aside...
I've had the pleasure to drive the CTS, C class, and a few others (maybe).
I just got to drive a C300 the other night. Dude driving it said "wanna go for a ride?" and I responded by saying "only if I'm driving" and he said "sure." I had good fun with the car but wasn't as impressed as I was with the CTS.

That said, the the C300's steering wheel > CTS's wheel. :ouch:
CTS would still get my overall nod. :sly:

Don't think I got to vote for the CTS. :dunce:

Therefore, we all (except me) voted for the R8.

Erm... I don't think I voted for it either, as far as my memory serves me. I went for the GT-R in the semis and the 500 in the final.

But I'm not that arsed. It's all a bit of fun, and it's not really going to change any of our lives...

You either get an orgasm or you fainted after looking and thinking too much about it. :P

Sick? :P Sorry, couldn't resist. You know I like your car really, Paul :D

It was just gok's wording "sparkle of joy and love" :lol: I didn't know LSD was still available...

:lol: This kind of harmless joking fun I like.:D

homeforsummer, you are the only person on the entire forum that calls me Paul.;) I used to be called N4HS for short, then for some reason they lengthened it to Holden.

That doesn't matter. All that matters is that we all agree the R8 shouldn't be GTP's car of the year. Look, now all of us fools have made an automotive parody of this year's US Presidential election. Ever since the R8 came out the media has hyped it to supercar status and we haven't heard anything from the other cars. Therefore, we all (except me) voted for the R8. The crappy candidate.

But that's just your opinion. I voted for the R8 in the final and since it beat the GT-R (which I thought was the best car of 2008), then I agree that the R8 is the best car of 2008 and have absolutely nothing against it. So no, we don't "all" agree that the R8 shouldn't be GTP's car of the year.

If the R8 was hyped then what should we say the GTR was. Its been the most hyped car since the veyron.

… are you purposely being daft? It’s getting old.

If you're talking to me, then the answer is "no". I told you guys that I learned my lesson. If you guys think I'm wrong then correct me :rolleyes:

Last edited:
If you're talking to me, then the answer is "no". I told you guys that I learned my lesson. If you guys think I'm wrong then correct me :rolleyes:

Then kindly prove you've learned your lesson by not posting anymore daft statements in this thread.
This is the "Best Car 2008 Series" discussion thread, not the "gator of kana's inane drivel thread." (Don't even think about starting that one. :mischievous:)

We know you're new here and it's nice to see your own name on the forums, we know there's a lot of threads to post in, and we've picked up on the fact that you're quite partial to the GT-R, message received loud & clear, so there's no reason to labour the point.

If you're going to post in here again, make it relevant to the topic at hand please. (The same goes for everyone else too.)

Then kindly prove you've learned your lesson by not posting anymore daft statements in this thread.
This is the "Best Car 2008 Series" discussion thread, not the "gator of kana's inane drivel thread." (Don't even think about starting that one. :mischievous:)

We know you're new here and it's nice to see your own name on the forums, we know there's a lot of threads to post in, and we've picked up on the fact that you're quite partial to the GT-R, message received loud & clear, so there's no reason to labour the point.

If you're going to post in here again, make it relevant to the topic at hand please. (The same goes for everyone else too.)

Roger that

Or, here is another idea.

Get off the chair, go outside and ride your bike, toss a ball, throw a frisbee or something. Do something active instead of passively sitting in front of the computer. There's nothing wrong with you being here except your irritating and obviously immature statements. If you thought before opining I could tolerate you, but this type first think later stuff is old.

Or, as someone has already stated, research something before you post it.

Back