Best Car 2008: World --> Democracy Rulz! Vote!

• Thread starter YSSMAN
  • 56 comments

Vote for Best "World" Car

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

YSSMAN

Super-Cool Since 2013
Premium
United States
GR-MI-USA
YSSMAN
YSSMAN
You guys know the drill:

- Vote for two
- Banter a bit
- Three days

======

The Nominees for 2008 Best "World" Car are:

saatur_x_sprtcmbi_08_1_gallery_image_large.jpg

The Saab 9-3 TurboX

Holden_VESSV.jpg

The Holden Commodore (Includes all HSV high-performance variants, wagon and Ute models as well)

The Volvo XC70

koenigsegg-ccxr.jpg

The Koenigsegg CCX-R

2316412376_f39e3cbdb8.jpg

The Proton Satria Neo R3

10tata2.jpg

The Tata Nano

ktm-x-bow.jpg

The KTM X-Bow

c30paris1.jpg

The Volvo C30

Car1.jpg

The SEAT Leon Cupra

kia-c%27eed-hatchback-2007_mare0.jpeg

The Kia C'eed

Hyundai-Genesis-1.jpg

The Hyundai Genesis

fpvgte-locat-02-4.thumbnail.jpg

The Ford Falcon (Includes all FPV high performance models, wagon and Ute models as well)

Go to town kids!

To be honest, I've left my Saab to wither and die. The Commodore is a great car, so I had to vote for it. Its so flexible in its different variations, it just comes off as an excellent car. As for the other vote, I felt compelled to go for the Hyundai. It will likely turn the luxury car game on its head, so it deserves a cracking good shot in the game.

Last edited:
Voted for the Satria and the Leon Cupra. I think both hatchbacks looks great and would handle quite well as a FWD car. Most of all, both cars are extremely cheaper than their competitors...... 👍

But I have a bad feeling that the CCXR and the X-Bow will win this one. :indiff:

Voted Volvo C30 because it's awesome and the Hyundai Genesis because I think it's significant in the automotive world.

Knowing full well what an incredible rip-off it was couldn't stop me from voting for the Volvo C30.

Kia C'eed for being a genuinely good car and not just a genuinely good Kia, and the Koenigsegg by default because I couldn't honestly choose anything else as "the best car" (though the C30 was tempting). I considered the Commodore but I don't know nearly enough about the car or the platform to vote for it.

Tata Nano. reinventing the wheel. Will it be another Model T. Another Beetle.

Hyundai Genesis. Bringing luxury to the masses. Again. Possible game changer. Will the established have to reinvent what luxury is?

Interesting way events are unfolding... The Volvo is out to an early lead with the Genesis right behind. Can the Aussies catch up? What about everyone's favorite Swedish supercar?

Saab and Kia, although there are no wrong answers up there.

Except the Satria.

Hyundai Genesis. Bringing luxury to the masses. Again. Possible game changer. Will the established have to reinvent what luxury is?
I dunno if ze Germans have to worry about another Lexus style onslaught. Early reviews of the Genesis have been kind of a let down considering what we thought it would be. Rather than a reincarnation of the original LS400 it was promised to be, it seems more like a cheaper, RWD version of the Cadillac DeVille. Especially unhelpful is that it ended up costing about as much as the Pontiac G8, which it isn't really that much better than overall.

I can't believe I did it, I voted for non-Ford products. The Commodore is my vote along with the Genesis. The Genesis will change everything once the word spreads. Its hard not to vote for the Seat or Saab or Falcon. But the Koreans really did something magical with the Genesis and the coupe too.

Vote X-Bow or die.

Also Hyundai Genesis, because, like what has been said over and over here, it is indeed significant.

What exactlyis so significant about the hyundai genesis. Cheap car trying to compete aginst the big boys at a cut price.

I voted the Holden and the Genesis. The Holden (apart from looking far better than the others:P) is a revolution for Australian vehicles, and a true competitor to the Euros, especially with the W427 now here to play. The V8 is one of the best sounding in the business, and it offers everything for a complete baragin price. Same performance for less than half the price of competitors? Yes please.
The Genesis is the coolest Hyundai I've ever seen, I mean, a V8 Hyundai RWD Sedan, who seen that coming? On top of that, Hyundai are already considering stroking it to 5.0L and adding direct injection, the game is changing- Euro aren't as "all that" as they once were, I'd much rather be seen in a Hyundai or Holden then I would be in a Merc or Bimmer.

What exactlyis so significant about the hyundai genesis. Cheap car trying to compete aginst the big boys at a cut price.

Standing up well to rivals in terms of quality and space as well as being cheaper. That is what's significant.

So you'd rather look like a snotty rich dude or blind fad follower than someone who cares and enthuses about cars?:P (Kidding of course)

:sly:

Given that I'm in a position to afford neither, I have the luxury of unbiased choice :D

That said, I wouldn't get a Benz either, so that pretty much leaves me with the BMW.

Sounds like a SEAT. 💡

Not really though is it. Its just a different take on the golf gti/audi s3.

Golf GTI chassis, better suspension, audi S3 brakes and audi S3 engine for a cheaper price due to saving made on the interior. The enthusiasts choice if you havent got or dont want to spend GTI/S3 money, or just purely want a car that performs like a GTI but without the tarted up interior with the added bonus of better performance at a lower cost.

So you'd rather look like a snotty rich dude or blind fad follower than someone who cares and enthuses about cars? (Kidding of course) [/qutoe]

the holden perhaps, but the hyundai you can keep.

Standing up well to rivals in terms of quality and space as well as being cheaper. That is what's significant.

Not really though as apparently it handles like a boat. What cars exactly is the hyundais rival anyway?

Last edited:
:sly:

Given that I'm in a position to afford neither, I have the luxury of unbiased choice :D

That said, I wouldn't get a Benz either, so that pretty much leaves me with the BMW.

I see, the most bland of the lot.:P And with the pending facelift, it's about to get plain old ugly, then someone will fly past in a DI 5.0L V8 Genesis and you'll have to drive your Bimmer off a cliff.:lol:

I prefer the surgeon's scalpel to the rubber mallet...

I prefer the quiet and sexy Brunette to the loud and obnoxtious sexy blonde. Note: Engine noise not considered in that sentiment. Loud engine sounds are fine by me.

So do I, that's why my girlfriend is a brunette :D But the Genesis is more like a 20st girl eating a pie, who's up for a cheap date...

So do I, that's why my girlfriend is a brunette :D But the Genesis is more like a 20st girl eating a pie, who's up for a cheap date...

The Bimmer is the blonde though, it screams "look at me, I want to be popular". I guess that makes the Commodore the brunette.:dopey:

VE Holden Commodore ftw.

Surprised the Falcon has not got as many votes as well, it's the first Australian-manufactured vehicle with a 5-star safety rating, has better fuel economy than any of it's predecessors and it's Commodore competitor and looks great.

VE Holden Commodore ftw.

Surprised the Falcon has not got as many votes as well, it's the first Australian-manufactured vehicle with a 5-star safety rating, has better fuel economy than any of it's predecessors and it's Commodore competitor and looks great.

I would have voted the Falcon 2nd, but the Genesis took that privelege away.

I vote for the SEAT:

- Spanish
- Stylish
- Fast (The TDI version CRUSHED the rivals in thw WTCC)
- Cheap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back