Best FFB settings revealed !

• Thread starter Rotax2020
  • 11 comments

Rotax2020

(Banned)
Fiji
Fiji
Hello,

did a lot of testing in the last days with my T-GT II regarding FFB in GT:S and GT7.

My recommendation for max. FFB-detail:

Max-Torque: As high as possible, for me 10

Sensitivity: As low as possible, for me 1

And then turn the Overall FFB-strenght in your wheel/driver down to a value so the steering-forces in corners feel right and not to strong, for my T-GTII this is 25%

By this method maximum FFB-details/effects are sent from the game-engine to the wheel.

Z28 has made a video where he recommends the same, and he is experienced.

Last edited:
Does the driver adjustements on PC not only affect the wheel for PC use? My understanding is, when the wheel is used on console, those settings from PC is not being used. Or at least that is the case with my T-GT (version 1).

it applies to console as well. If you turn off some of the stuff that isn't used in other games (I forget what they are called) in the driver and then plug it back to the console they won't be used in GT7.

Ok, sweet. I did some research here on GT Planet, and if this is indeed the case, the recommendation is to adjust the spring and the damper settings all the way down to 0%, as these settings are seen as DYNAMIC FEATURES for force feedback. Constant and periodic are seen as STATIC FEATURES. They need to stay at 100%. For the GAIN, I adjusted it down to 30%. For GT7 I run torque at 3 (in my head 3 out of 10 is 30% in GT7, so 1:1, my opinion). Sensitivity I run at 5. Tested this last night, and I can not say it is better, or worse, but there is something different, yes. Will play around with GAIN some more today.

Ok, back again everyone. So I am incorrect, and apologize. These Driver settings on PC do not affect the T-GT version 1 or 2 on PS4/PS5. The console overrides this. So I put this down to a placebo effect on my side.

I settled on 4 for ffb. torque, and 1/2 for ffb. sensitivity.

GT Sport had a bigger "deadzone" feeling as opposed to GT7. The ffb. sensitivity has the effect of tightening this deadzone up a bit.

I wish Polyphony had added more settings for us to customise ffb. but alas, they seem to do what they feel is enough.

See you on the tracks.
Safe driving everyone.

Anyone know best settings for g29, I'm using 5-5 and find the overall feedback to be pretty meh

I use 2/8 as in GTS.
The clipping starts at torque 3 on a G29.
FFB sensitivity is a reversed damper setting. Over 8 wheel feels unstable.
More details below.

Last edited:
Hello,

did a lot of testing in the last days with my T-GT II regarding FFB in GT:S and GT7.

My recommendation for max. FFB-detail:

Max-Torque: As high as possible, for me 10

Sensitivity: As low as possible, for me 1

And then turn the Overall FFB-strenght in your wheel/driver down to a value so the steering-forces in corners feel right and not to strong, for my T-GTII this is 25%

By this method maximum FFB-details/effects are sent from the game-engine to the wheel.

Z28 has made a video where he recommends the same, and he is experienced.
Interesting. This states the opposite:

I have PS4 Pro with G29. In my experience both in GTS and GT7 I get the less damping effect (i.e. the most feedback from the ground) with FFBS=10. It is so much, that in the straight you have to grab the wheel! If you increase the torque it reduces (hides) this sensitivity, so I use 2/8 (strength / "sensitivity" = reversed damping).
Try test this with Tomahawk over 400mph:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/fastest-top-speed-car-on-gt7.407139/post-13666356

To sum up:
FFB Torque = strength of forces
FFB Sensitivity = "inverse damper" (low number = wheel more stable on straights but u get less detail)
Controller Sensitivity = linearity (it is said smaller effect than using Dualshock 4, IMHO this setting only valid for the wireless controllers) => I keep it on 0

Last edited:
Interesting. This states the opposite:

I have PS4 Pro with G29. In my experience both in GTS and GT7 I get the less damping effect (i.e. the most feedback from the ground) with FFBS=10. It is so much, that in the straight you have to grab the wheel! If you increase the torque it reduces (hides) this sensitivity, so I use 2/8 (strength / "sensitivity" = reversed damping).
Try test this with Tomahawk over 400mph:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/fastest-top-speed-car-on-gt7.407139/post-13666356

To sum up:
FFB Torque = strength of forces
FFB Sensitivity = "inverse damper" (low number = wheel more stable on straights but u get less detail)
Controller Sensitivity = linearity (it is said smaller effect than using Dualshock 4, IMHO this setting only valid for the wireless controllers) => I keep it on 0
In my experience Controler Sensitivey is Turning sensitively. 0 is 1 to 1 wheel rotations with the real car. I like setting 1 for most cars as I don't have to turn as sharp

Is there any way to disable the centering spring on G29? When on PC there's a checkbox in the Logitech software, but there doesn't seem to be anything similar available on Playstation...

Back