• 5 comments
Uruguay
Rivera
Tsukishima-TDUDT
hdEWAqo.png
Bitter GT1 '98
9cvI3R5.png

file.php

Former factory driver Mike Hezemans of the Netherlands, feeling that the Elise GT1's main faults were in its power and aerodynamics, decided that the car should not be abandoned. Buying two former Elise GT1 chassis, Hezemans turned to Bitter Cars of Germany to modify the car. The front end was made longer and smoother in an attempt to increase front downforce. To replace the Elise GT1's Chevrolet V8, Hezemans and Bitter turned to Chrysler, buying Viper GTS-R 8.0L V10s which were being used in their GT2 class racing cars. The new cars were named Bitter GT1s, and promised to compete in the 1998 FIA GT Championship season.

Unfortunately the cars were never able to match even the lackluster performance of the original Elise GT1s. The only race in which they actually competed, Silverstone, saw both Bitters failing to finish. After failing to even get past initial practice at Hockenheimring, the project was cancelled.

Max Power: 620 hp @ 6500 rpm
Max Torque: 590 lb-ft @ 5300 rpm
Weight: 1150 kg

file.php

file.php
file.php
file.php

:lol::lol::lol: I'm sorry but how do you upgrade the engine and bodywork and be that slow to the original car?
It's not that it was slower, it never finished a race, probably due to mechanical problems. I'm sure Bitter got bitter when it rage quited the project. :sly:

They failed because: "To replace the Elise GT1's Chevrolet V8, Hezemans and Bitter turned to Chrysler, buying Viper GTS-R 8.0L V10s". Erich Bitter usually always used/uses GM vehicles and parts for his projects, everybody makes mistakes sometimes, for Bitter, lesson learned I guess!

Back