Blogging software...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Super-Supra
  • 13 comments
  • 733 views

Super-Supra

(Banned)
Messages
4,111
I had that HTML blog before, but now I'm going for a PHP and MySQL blog, any idea's of which might be good?
 
Thats what I though of immediately also, but isn't MovableType Perl and MySQL?
 
I think MT uses Perl as its back-end, but you don't have to set up a MySQL database (you can if you want though... the default that MT uses is really easy to setup), and you don't have to actually know any Perl to use it.
 
MovableType is Sage's best friend, is it not?
 
:D

(I promise to work on "it" this weekend ;))
 
I'm going to hold your promise on "it"! - I'm moving house this weekend so it'lll be a bit hectic at my end but you will definately be able to contact me.
 
I'm currently trying to set up WordPress. My host doesn't support Perl, and WordPress only requires PHP & MySQL. It's fully standards compliant and looks fairly spiffy if you ask me. 👍
 
I tried out MT, and that things confusing, I'm suppose to open up the page in a text editor and edit it. I'm too lazy, I'll try out your WordPress thing, Shannon.
 
Why don't you try MT? It's pretty easy and flexible, once you learn their tags. Just try to stay away from installing it in an scgi-bin directory, because I couldn't get that to work (nor in a normal cgi-bin directory)... I just installed it on the root level of the server, and that works perfectly fine.
 
I'll try that out again, but I've found a better solution.

Check your PM's please. :)
 
I just successfully installed WordPress. Fairly easy, the only reason MySQL wasn't working was because the bloody hosting admin gave me the wrong password. :grumpy:
 
Back