Bonneville Salt Flats

• Thread starter Maxitsu
  • 27 comments
Maxitsu
Would't it be cool to have "Bonneville Salt Flats" in the game. For testing Max speeds and some drag races?đź’ˇ

Last edited:
Would be cool in a historic sort of way, but not much in the way of scenery though. ;)

Gonna go look for "In Search of Speed" on YouTube now.

Super easy to make, put in a blue sky box with some mountains, then just a flat surface you can drive in any direction forever.

PD could do it in a day.

I would just like to see the test tracks that where on before make a comeback. The oval and drag strip would be good. Particularly if you could do the drag strip against other people on line.

a hotwheels style racetrack a figure of 8 that crosses over each other

a online selection that lets you play football with cars
use a v8 as the players(user controleld) and a fiat 500 (idle car)as the ball
and have a score system

Sweet idea. This yields endless possibilities for racing and photomode (not to mention cars with chrome paint would be epic here). No such thing as too many venues!

Would't it be cool to have "Bonneville Salt Flats" in the game. For testing Max speeds and some drag races?đź’ˇ

It would be useless to me since I have no more interest in drag racing than I do NASCAR and since top speeds are fairly useless except for drag and superspeedways, but I could see it having appeal to some folks.

Super easy to make, put in a blue sky box with some mountains, then just a flat surface you can drive in any direction forever.

PD could do it in a day.
I was thinking the same.

Same here. It would need basically nothing for graphics, since it's just a generic white texture for the ground and some crude, hazy blue mountains on the horizon. It would take thirty seconds to produce a perfectly flat polygon map for the ground. It would be the easiest track add-on in the history of racing games and like a 2 MB download. Wait, this is PSN, so it would be like 40 MB for 2 MB worth of content.

bonneville-salt-flats.jpg

Unless there are 2500+ hp cars in the game, then I dont see a reason for the flats for top speed testing. The current fastest cars in the game, the speeds can be easily reached on SS7. But bringing the vegas drag strip from gt4 into gt5 would be more useful than the flats.

Which btw I was disappointed not having the online drag racing offering 1/8, 1/4, 1/2, and full mile tracks in gt5. Since I could give two turds about nascar and wrc, drag racing and road coursing are my only interest.

Why has this never been done ? That's an awesome idea. Can you imagine 2 Ferrari Enzo's battling it out ? I say someone tweets that to Kaz ASAP and get this is on the next updates

Boy, that would be great. We really need a long, smooth, flat surface for high speed runs. I test most of my cars when I get them to see how fast they go. Sarthe is too bumpy and narrow.

I like to test 2 supercars VS eachother on salt flats. or testing max speeds with available leaderboards. like we could do on Test Course before, only now we don't have to turn and losing speed.

take the X2010 and imagine (i havent got an x2010) reducing the downforce to however low it goes and just just pointing the thing to the horizon and letting it go to the max....

It would be nice to have a quarter mile section with a start and finish line, but they can't forget a load of free space for powersliding and generally mucking about.

Back