BOP races

• Thread starter Madmaz
  • 6 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
So when doing custom races is there a way to use BOP other than by picking a group ie Gr3? I wanted to race a random group of road cars with my road car but cant see how to turn on BOP. I usually tune my car so its a bit more powerfull , but end up slapping the AI on professional.

Just wondered ...

Thanks

There is no BoP for road cars, that is why there is PP.

Also worth a note: even with BoP enabled all cars dont have similar PP but instead a range of around 25 between highest and lowest.

If your goal is to have a race with cars of somewhat the same PP and you are not goingt to multiplayer but instead want to drive against AI, there is unfortunatly no other means than asigning each AI driver a car from your garage. The other method would always lead to race cars instead.
But even then the AI on professional wont be any better than during all of the premade existing events.
It is even worse, if there is a slower car sometimes the AI is hesitant to just pass and keeps following for long durations.

2 Solutions to this:
1. you need to give the AI cars that will overpower you by a bit, maybe give them racing tyres while you stick on sport or whatever other method may seem to produce better results to your liking
2. the fastest AI cars need to be put in front to reduce the chance they will group up behind a slower car. Once they start lapping the slow cars will yield to the faster one. Also this puts more pressure on you to follow up as a sideeffect.

But this is the most bandaid you can get out of AI racing.
Different approach is to challenge yourself with any sort of personal set goal like "be faster than x total time" within circumstances.

If your goal is to have a race with cars of somewhat the same PP and you are not goingt to multiplayer but instead want to drive against AI, there is unfortunatly no other means than asigning each AI driver a car from your garage. The other method would always lead to race cars instead.
But even then the AI on professional wont be any better than during all of the premade existing events.
It is even worse, if there is a slower car sometimes the AI is hesitant to just pass and keeps following for long durations.

2 Solutions to this:
1. you need to give the AI cars that will overpower you by a bit, maybe give them racing tyres while you stick on sport or whatever other method may seem to produce better results to your liking
2. the fastest AI cars need to be put in front to reduce the chance they will group up behind a slower car. Once they start lapping the slow cars will yield to the faster one. Also this puts more pressure on you to follow up as a sideeffect.

But this is the most bandaid you can get out of AI racing.
Different approach is to challenge yourself with any sort of personal set goal like "be faster than x total time" within circumstances.
Could they make it any more difficult ? ..thanks for the feedback

I did the same when creating a fake BTCC race. I bought all the cars and downloaded the liveries. Then I tuned or detuned each car to have very similar PP. Meythia is correct, that for a fun race you should put the highest PP cars at the front and then lower the PP of your car as much as you need to.

Last edited:
Back