Brake Bias won't be in for initial release ...F1 2010-2016 

• Thread starter MS7XWDC
  • 14 comments
Not sure if this warrants it's own thread on GTP. I don't want to see this sub forum end up like the codemasters forum (from which I recognize you). On the cm forum, there are so many topics about the most ridiculous things.

Not sure if this warrants it's own thread on GTP. I don't want to see this sub forum end up like the codemasters forum (from which I recognize you). On the cm forum, there are so many topics about the most ridiculous things.

This. I was appalled on first visit, it's literally unmoderated. The mods are the developers, and they do little more than post a few bits of info and answer questions of users. It was woeful after the release of F1 2010, but now, it's actually fine, at least a lot better than it was, since most users are pleased with what F1 2011 will be offering.

About the brake bias, unless F1 2011 has stronger and more realistic braking, I can live without brake bias, as in F1 2010, i'd adjust it by no more than 1 to the rear, that's enough, any more will induce rear locking and cause you to go into the usual uncontrollable slide.

Peter.
This. I was appalled on first visit, it's literally unmoderated. The mods are the developers, and they do little more than post a few bits of info and answer questions of users. It was woeful after the release of F1 2010, but now, it's actually fine, at least a lot better than it was, since most users are pleased with what F1 2011 will be offering.

I think we have become a bit spoiled here on GTP. :lol:

I'm sure that they'll be able to patch in brake bias relatively easily.
And quickly.

About the brake bias, unless F1 2011 has stronger and more realistic braking, I can live without brake bias, as in F1 2010, i'd adjust it by no more than 1 to the rear, that's enough, any more will induce rear locking and cause you to go into the usual uncontrollable slide.

The CM forum is actually moderated by people other than the devs, but they tend to go easy on things like double posts. Even things like starting threads for minor things seem to be ok there. Even if someone made a thread recently about the same thing.

As a result, the forum is a strange mix of enthusiastic people, people who will never be satisfied and in some cases (although it seems better now) complete and utter idiots.

Has this actually been stated by the developers, or a rumour circulating on another forum? I use the brake bias a lot, just finished the Malaysian race and that is where I use it the most (42:58 was latest setup required). Sounds like they are improving the brakes though which is good, and GT5 doesn't allow brakes to adjusted that much either...

Has this actually been stated by the developers, or a rumour circulating on another forum? I use the brake bias a lot, just finished the Malaysian race and that is where I use it the most (42:58 was latest setup required). Sounds like they are improving the brakes though which is good, and GT5 doesn't allow brakes to adjusted that much either...

I think it has been confirmed, however, they only confirmed you won't be able to change mid-race. You'll still be able to in setup.

As a result, the forum is a strange mix of enthusiastic people, people who will never be satisfied and in some cases (although it seems better now) complete and utter idiots.

Sounds just like us :lol:

Ah right, thats different! Going to be busy on the DS3 controls whilst trying to race....

Very busy. Still, real f1 drivers are always complaining about having so many buttons to press. At least us fans can empathize with them.

Sounds just like us :lol:

Maybe a little bit, but the kind of things people have been asking for on the cm forums is nothing short of ridiculous. There are a few sane individuals, but I get the sense they're starting to get fed up.

I think everyone is going to have their hands full with KERS and DRS

Brake bias is not too important to me, they just need to fix the physics of "braking" and the actual braking points on the circuits

I never tune my cars in 2010 so I'd imagine I won't in 2011. I just want the new game to get here so I can start a racing game from the beginning with my wheel and not have to relearn everything lol.

I never tune my cars in 2010 so I'd imagine I won't in 2011. I just want the new game to get here so I can start a racing game from the beginning with my wheel and not have to relearn everything lol.

Tuning has really helped me - I never used to touch anything until I started driving with no aids. Certain tracks with the proper tune will get you a good few seconds actually, it's pretty incredible :)

Myself and a few others in this sub-forum could help you out with some initial tunes if you want brother, just hit us up

Thanks!

I won my first race without driving aids yesterday at Hungary. What I am doing is practicing with only the driving line on and once I get comfortable with the track I qualify and race without the driving line. I really like it because with a wheel you have so much more control over a car than with a controller it's not even a contest lol. I am sure that once I get back to racing online in this game I will have to do some tuning to keep up with you and the other people online lol.

Back