brakes since the 1.50 update.

Canada
Canada
I have noticed that since the 1.50 update my brakes now are absolute Garbage. I can never get slowed down enough without locking up or i have to start braking extremely early. I have had to change my ABS to default cause now i can never keep it from locking up. I am using a G29 wheel and pedals. Not sure what settings other people use to keep this from happening but any hints or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Brake at less maximum pressure or trail off the brakes earlier as you begin turning in. You'll lock up the most under a combination of braking and steering input.

I find it to be more subtle than just pressure applied. Same corner, same car, different results lap to lap and even stranger seems to have little in relation to tyre wear, to a point.

I can never get slowed down enough without locking up or i have to start braking extremely early. I have had to change my ABS to default cause now i can never keep it from locking up. I am using a G29 wheel and pedals. Not sure what settings other people use to keep this from happening but any hints or suggestions would be greatly appreciated
I also use a G29, and consistently drive stock cars with SH tyres and without ABS. Even install sports or drilled brakes on those cars that do not lock up with standard brakes (and SH tyres), just to have the extra freedom and challenge to allow the car to lock up in a straight line. Imo it is question to getting used to carefully press the brake pedal. Makes the car much more lively and fun to drive.

Last edited:
I have noticed that setting the brake balance has much more effect since 1.49/1.50. Shifting the brake balance forward now helps a lot more against locking up. You might give it a try.

Last edited:
As I'm not a very sensitive braker, i try to brake in a straight line without being on a weight transfer and buy sports brakes maximum instead of racing brakes so that maximum brake force isn't that maximum. I'm very ok with this.

Brake at less maximum pressure or trail off the brakes earlier as you begin turning in. You'll lock up the most under a combination of braking and steering input.
It's actually always worked this way when Countersteer Assist and ABS are off. You'll want to brake hard at first while down force, and thus traction, are still very high.

Considering PD has a large casual fan base, they'd do everyone a favor by releasing tutorial/videos when they make major physics changes.

Personally, I love the changes but I can understand how it could be very frustrating depending on your controller/hardware type, in combination with not fully understanding the breadth of the changes made to the game.

I've just posted this in another thread and previously posted about this in the TT thread

Back