Brakes - why don't mine ever lock the wheel?F1 2010-2016 

• Thread starter catsfather
  • 6 comments
catsfather
I've either got the skills of an F1 driver (which I don't), or there's some setting I'm missing. I can stand on my brake pedal, but the wheels never lock up. There must be some setting in the game that I've got set to "brake behaviour: far, far too easy", but I can't find it.

How do I get my brakes to behave a bit closer to reality?

I believe under options > difficulty (custom) there's a setting called "Brake Assist" or "ABS" or something. You need to disable this if you want your wheels to lock under hard braking.

Also changing the size of your disc's and calliper pressure will have a dramatic affect on the feel aswell as front and rear bias adjustments, you do this in the pit on your lap top and it will explain the diferences aswell.
Note in carrear mode you have to have done the R&D.

Last edited:
As has already been mentioned, you need to turn ABS off. But it's worth mentioning that you can never lock your brakes when braking in a straight line as far as I know, at least in the dry. You only tend to lock up when you turn into the corner while still decelerating too much.

the wheels in an f1 car never get locked up in straight lines (except when a single tire is locked for the balancing of weight in hard brakes). the grip is high. but if you steer and brake all the way down, tires lock up immediately. that's because they loose all the grip and downforce. try yourself

Latest Posts

Back