Broke by GT6 Ltd ED Disc when opening it, any ideas?

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hi All,

1st time poster, long time reader of the forums.

Got GT6 bundled with a new PS3 and Last of Us for Crimbo, after setting it up tonight, I think I may have damaged my GT6 limited Ed disc which getting it out of the plastic wrapping... the disc is damaged, and it may have been my fault as I used a knife to open the plastic surrounding the disc and the knife slipped inside the case.

The consoles recognises the Last of Us and Runs fine, with GT6 it recognises the Disc but when doing the 1.02 update the screen goes black and the PS3 makes some strange noises... nothing else happens, so I presume the disc can't be read passed that point.

What do you recommend I should do? Take it up with the online retailer (they would probably want the whole bundle back) which would be a pain as spend 6 hrs setting up the room to accommodate the new PS3. I don't even know if I have any right to contact them in this situation (I'm in the UK)

Do Sony/Polophony do replacement discs?

Can I just buy a normal GT6 disc and use my Ltd Edition code to get my cars and credit? Will I miss anything?

Thanks again for any advice provided.

Decline the update and see if the game plays. I really doubt you damaged the disc.
If the disc still plays start it up again and sit on the screen asking you to update for a minute before saying yes. Some games seem to get weirded out if you say yes too fast.

Decline the update and see if the game plays. I really doubt you damaged the disc.
If the disc still plays start it up again and sit on the screen asking you to update for a minute before saying yes. Some games seem to get weirded out if you say yes too fast.
i will give that a go, but i can see from looking at the disc that it is damaged... An almost 4cm squared bubble has appeared on the shiny side of the disc

Blu-ray discs are pretty durable...amazed by that.
If you do use the code it still should work if you use a different non Limited Edition disc.

Latest Posts

Back