Budget Laptop Which one?

United States
Heaven
Looking at this two

HP - 15.6" Laptop - AMD A8-Series - 4GB Memory - 750GB Hard Drive - Flyer Red
Code:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-15-6-laptop-amd-a8-series-4gb-memory-750gb-hard-drive-flyer-red/8771095.p?id=1219364752291&skuId=8771095

Or

Dell - Inspiron 15.6" Touch-Screen Laptop - Intel Core i3 - 4GB Memory - 500GB Hard Drive - Black
Code:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/dell-inspiron-15-6-touch-screen-laptop-intel-core-i3-4gb-memory-500gb-hard-drive-black/8733863.p?id=1219364751493&skuId=8733863

The Dell is gonna be $299 for black Friday

but a 50$ difference is not the problem

which one do you guys thinks is the better of the two?

The Dell. The HP has better specs but is stuck at 4Gb of RAM.

The Dell has an i3 processor which isn't quite as good as the AMD A8.... but with an extra 4Gb of memory that's no problem. The Dell only has a 500Gb hard drive compared to the HP's 750 though, consider a plan to upgrade the drive later.

Get the Dell and fit 4Gb RAM and an SSD for Christmas, brilliant :D

I would go with HP has better specs
The Dell to me looks much better specs wise compared to the HP. It has got touch-screen, better CPU and better GPU. It is a U version of Haswell processor and is also on 22nm Node so I imagine it will have decent battery life improvement over the HP and maybe will run cooler and any low threaded applications, it should be considerably faster. Also might have better webcam and also has bluetooth. The only thing HP has in its favour is that it has 250GB more, weights a bit less but is also more expensive.

Thinking twice about the dell? now that its out the rating is just going down with every review

Customer Rating: 3.4 (7 customer reviews) :nervous:

While the HP still at

Customer Rating: 4.1 (28 customer reviews)

Going on Tuesday to finally buy one :D

Thinking twice about the dell? now that its out the rating is just going down with every review

Customer Rating: 3.4 (7 customer reviews) :nervous:

While the HP still at

Customer Rating: 4.1 (28 customer reviews)

Going on Tuesday to finally buy one :D

As I said before; you can't upgrade the RAM in the HP as it's board-bound. You may be turned off the Dell but I'm not sure the HP is a very long-term option.

The Acer in @Saidur_Ali's post is also a pretty good buy, and it's an MS Signature version so has a nice software setup. Easier to kill MS bloatware than most types :)

Latest Posts

Back