Building A Gaming PC (Closed) Check Computers & Technology Sub Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
United States
United States
TurboJunky34
*Reposted this under Computers & Technology Sub Forum*

This thread is for anything related to building a good gaming PC and helping others with building a PC. If you have any suggested pieces of hardware you use or have heard about please share it below. I am also going to be building my own gaming PC once I get some money saved up and what not. That is the main reason I made this thread. To see what you guys would suggest. I have been looking around on newegg.com for all the hardware so far and I came up with a list of hardware that I might buy once I get the money so could you guys help me and tell me if they would function correctly together. I am not the smartest person with building a PC so I need some input on what to look for and how to properly build the PC without having any problems with the hardware.

Well here are the parts I was looking at so please let me know if I will run into any problems using them together.
Antec Twelve Hundred V3 Black Steel ATX Full Tower Unbeatable Gaming Case
Intel Core i7-4770K Haswell 3.5GHz LGA 1150 84W Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics BX80646I74770K

ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK1 LGA 1150 Intel Z97 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

EVGA SuperClocked w/ ACX Cooling 02G-P4-2774-KR GeForce GTX 770 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 SLI Support Video Card
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-1600C9D-16GXM

WD BLACK SERIES WD2003FZEX 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive

LG Black 16X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R 5X DVD-RAM 12X BD-ROM 4MB Cache SATA Blu-ray Burner WH16NS40 - OEM

CORSAIR HX Series HX850 850W ATX12V 2.3 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply New 4th Gen CPU Certified Haswell Ready

So there is that is the parts I was looking at but I am mostly confused about the Disc Drive to use. I wasn't sure if that is the one I want or is there a suggested Disc Drive to use.

Last edited:
These are all high end parts and would make a very good PC. Either of them would work fine. The only thing I would suggest is an SSD. In fact, I would insist! It will make a huge difference.

You would be better off looking in the Computers and Technology sub forum though.

What would your maximum budget be?
Anyways, this is my idea of a good gaming PC without breaking the bank

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($228.98 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: Asus Z97-C ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($129.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($151.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($79.00 @ B&H)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($88.97 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 770 2GB Superclocked ACX Video Card ($344.99 @ NCIX US)
Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case ($109.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: Corsair RM 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($99.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $1233.89
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-06-01 13:37 EDT-0400)

These are all high end parts and would make a very good PC. Either of them would work fine. The only thing I would suggest is an SSD. In fact, I would insist! It will make a huge difference.

You would be better off looking in the Computers and Technology sub forum though.
Is there a certain SSD that you would suggest? I know that the Samsung EVO is a good one because my friend put one in his laptop and it loads things much faster haha. And would I be able to just copy this post and put it into that sub forum?

Is there a certain SSD that you would suggest? I know that the Samsung EVO is a good one because my friend put one in his laptop and it loads things much faster haha. And would I be able to just copy this post and put it into that sub forum?

Although you've asked him, I guess I'm free to answer too.
The 840 EVO is the best bang for the buck really, it's reasonably reliable (much more than advertised by Samsung) and decently fast. Other good drives are the SanDisk Extreme II, Kingston Hyper 3k or the Crucial M500.
If you want something more on the budget side then the Kingston V300 would be a very good option, if you want something very reliable the Intel 530 Series is very good or the Samsung 840 PRO. The Crucial M500 is also pretty reliable.

Anyways, in my opinion, SSD's are the best performance upgrade you can do to your PC, since it really adds snappyness to your system and of course (as you said) improves boot up and boot down times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back