Bumped from 1st place after Race is Over… Glitch 🤬?

• Thread starter BobDx123
  • 21 comments
United States
United States
So technically I have no idea if this is new but I’ve never experienced it before… Have any of you?

Just did the 700 Le Manz with the new Honda. Was also doing other stuff so it was a lazy low attention span race and I was aiming to cut it off at 6 laps. I think I drove around 40MPH for the end of the last lap so I wasn’t waiting at the finish line.

Anyway at the end of the race, after crossing the finish line I was bumped out of 1st position into 3rd. Received the 3rd place prize and all the race information showed up blank…

As you look through the pictures you can see it displays me as finished (6 laps), entering the 7th and the others at all times say they are on their 6th and final lap… By the way, 5 Drivers Entered the Pits before the 30 minute mark hit.

When I was bumped from 1st to 3rd both pit animations are still in the exact same sequence

0A8212D4-06CB-4111-AB5A-A18B32562B0B.png

967A75A3-EFC7-4878-82CD-ED7FDBA835BA.png

32D3F4E6-B9DD-4238-A084-DE07648E9F97.png

FC97DA69-8E50-4264-9E35-054D65750B3B.png

Last edited:
Not new, it happened to me. If the following cars are close enough to enter the pits before you cross the line, they will pass you instantly and you will lose your position.

So technically I have no idea if this is new but I’ve never experienced it before… Have any of you?

Just did the 700 Le Manz with the new Honda. Was also doing other stuff so it was a lazy low attention span race and I was aiming to cut it off at 6 laps. I think I drove around 40MPH for the end of the last lap so I wasn’t waiting at the finish line.

Anyway at the end of the race, after crossing the finish line I was bumped out of 1st position into 3rd. Received the 3rd place prize and all the race information showed up blank…

As you look through the pictures you can see it displays me as finished (6 laps), entering the 7th and the others at all times say they are on their 6th and final lap… By the way, 5 Drivers Entered the Pits before the 30 minute mark hit.

When I was bumped from 1st to 3rd both pit animations are still in the exact same sequence

View attachment 1233548

View attachment 1233546

View attachment 1233549

View attachment 1233550
They crossed the finish line in the pits before you crossed the finish line, the other 3 cars entered the pits after you crossed the line

@AlexWilmot @peyepete @wowbaggerBR
So why am I still declared the winner after crossing the finish and the race has ended as shown in the first picture? All the cars still say they haven’t completed their last lap, both after I crossed AND after they are bumped ahead… their clock is still rolling on lap 6

When this has happened to all of you were your race screens blank after with no times for anyone?

Edit: sorry @Gingerale I’m gonna change the title to make it more clear. Was poorly named… Was trying to convey it was simultaneously frustrating but funny

@BobDx123

PD thought couple months ago it is a good idea to change the rules, where u enter the pit and the lap counter change instead of change wile exiting the pits.

@BobDx123

PD thought couple months ago it is a good idea to change the rules, where u enter the pit and the lap counter change instead of change wile exiting the pits.
It depends where the finish line is. At Le Mans it's well before all of the pit boxes, so cars that get teleported into their pit sequence automatically cross it.

@BobDx123

I’m still confused… From my understanding In the pits there are 2 different time periods.

1. beginning stage where the time is counted on your current lap
2. still in the pit process before the out lap the timer turns white (i believe) signaling its moved toward counting in the next lap.

Last edited:
I have never seen this but is there a chance the first two crossed the line after the timer ended and before you did?
If so, they finished ahead of you and no time listed as they were in the pits....

It depends where the finish line is. At Le Mans it's well before all of the pit boxes, so cars that get teleported into their pit sequence automatically cross it.
@Famine but what about it saying I’m first and it still says they are on the lap before me?? and the weird finish screens with no info? Did you take a look at the first 3 pics?

oh… my PSVR2 was just dropped of by UPS as I’m writing this…. sweet!

image.jpg

Last edited:
But before they patched it, it dosnt happen. The lapcounter switched by exiting the pits not by entering the pits.

Last edited:
They finished the 6th lap before you, because they finish the lap as soon as they cross the pit lane entry line (and crucially before the 30 minute mark) but couldn't exit the pit lane because the race was over while they were on the pit lane.

A sub product of the pit lane/teleportation coding of pit stops.

But before they patched it, it dosnt happen. The lapcounter switched by exiting the pits not by entering the pits.
Yeah but it’s supposed to Turn white and start counting towards the new lap like this… they were all still counting in red in the 6th lap way after this finished and the replay cuts out
and their cars had not even reached the pit guys yet

CB694270-2045-42EB-999E-70A613EBC051.pngA0B5F1AF-5172-408A-9973-1598F9081991.png892F8548-AD50-4094-AFC1-D93DCD39AAA0.pngBD46042B-B824-422C-BAA4-583BF7D5DFD5.png

Last edited:
Been this way since day 1. I made the mistake of doing this on one of my first times grinding this race within the first week of GT7 launch.

Not new, it happened to me. If the following cars are close enough to enter the pits before you cross the line, they will pass you instantly and you will lose your position.
This sounds hilariously short-sighted by PD. Does this also apply to the player car?

I think the thing I having trouble conveying is this series of events happened “After” the race was over and I have the Flag in 1st position. I’m across the finish line in first place then couple seconds go by and I’m brought to 3rd place.

Even after they “won” they never reached the pit crew and their clocks are still rolling in red for lap 6, not just the lap counter but their individual timers. I understand that the pit lane propels forward but there’s a transition between laps like I was saying above when it turns from red to white and the clock starts at 0 again for the next lap.

If it’s the case as shown in the pics and that every time this happens you get 2 blank screens of race info then that’s all good. I just want to be clear on the way everything happened

Last edited:
I think the thing I having trouble conveying is this series of events happened “After” the race was over and I have the Flag in 1st position. I’m across the finish line in first place then couple seconds go by and I’m brought to 3rd place.

Even after they “won” they never reached the pit crew and their clocks are still rolling in red for lap 6, not just the lap counter but their individual timers. I understand that the pit lane propels forward but there’s a transition between laps like I was saying above when it turns from red to white and the clock starts at 0 again for the next lap.

If it’s the case as shown in the pics and that every time this happens you get 2 blank screens of race info then that’s all good. I just want to be clear on the way everything happened
Again, happened to me last week. You finish the race as first place, but the game shows you behind some cars that have entered the pits. It is nothing new.

Back