Buying classic edition from PS-StoreF1 2010-2016 

• Thread starter Crusha148
  • 4 comments
United States
Gilbert, AZ
Crusha148
Hello, maybe a dumb question but in the PS-Store the classic edition sells for $74.99. Now this is the full game plus the classic DLC right? Also, I only have the DS3 controller and have heard how difficult this game is. I'm decent at GT6 with the DS3, I just won 24 minutes of Spa by a full lap on the whole field.

From the PS Store:

Make history in FORMULA ONE™! F1™ 2013: CLASSIC EDITION is a premium package which expands F1 2013 with additional 1990s content featuring 6 cars and famous drivers, including Jacques Villeneuve, Eddie Irvine and David Coulthard, plus additional Classic Tracks – Estoril and Imola.

So I'm assuming that it does have the Classic DLC included with the full game. Might wanna ask someone else too for confirmation.

Yes, I bought the classic version from the PS store online for $75 on the original planned day of release - it does include all of the classic content, with cars from the 80's 90's and 00's - be aware that you aren't able to use all of the cars in all of the classic modes (some cars only available in time trial, etc), but I would say that it is definitely worth the addition, otherwise you're really just getting F1 2012 with slightly different physics and much faster tyre degradation.

One other thing to note though, I had read on Codemasters forums (before they were inconveniently closed a few weeks ago due to their server contract expiring, so they're currently evaluating options - or some other BS excuse along those lines) that people with the classic version couldn't find people in online lobbies with the non-classic version (basically meaning that it was tough to find races online w/ classic version). I have no idea if this has been resolved or not, and haven't really played the game much since the season ended / GT6 arrived, so I don;t know if updates or patches have rolled out to correct this issue. I'd recommending adding a thread on these boards, so hopefully someone with that specific knowledge can fill you in, if the ability to find people online is a major influence in your decision.

Also, I only have the DS3 controller and have heard how difficult this game is. I'm decent at GT6 with the DS3, I just won 24 minutes of Spa by a full lap on the whole field.

I have played F1 2010 and 2011 and I can confirm that playing with a controller isn't as fun as it would be with a wheel. (I don't own a wheel sadly, but i tried a couple of laps with one)
Yes, GT is also better with a wheel, but with a controller, its not that bad. But for this game, playing with a controller feels slightly weird compared to a wheel. You could say steering is sensitive .. (its like playing a racing game with arrow keys on a PC)

Hello, maybe a dumb question but in the PS-Store the classic edition sells for $74.99. Now this is the full game plus the classic DLC right? Also, I only have the DS3 controller and have heard how difficult this game is. I'm decent at GT6 with the DS3, I just won 24 minutes of Spa by a full lap on the whole field.
Yes that's the FULL GAME if you have game you can buy DLC for $14.99

Back