Cadillac Northstar LMP 2000

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 3 comments

RACECAR

Keeper of the Undocumented Changes Threads.
Premium
United States
Addison,Texas
GTP_RACECAR
Cadillac Logo.png

On the 50th anniversary of Briggs Cunningham finishing 10th in a almost stock Cadillac de Ville, the company announced their return to Le Mans with the Northstar LMP. Through enlisting the services of Bill Riley and the Riley & Scott company, Cadillac hoped to capatilize on the success and pedigree of them while combining the winning ways of the GM Program success with 4 cam engines in the IRL. Extensive work was done using C.F.D. to establish the shape, which shared many styling cues from Cadillac's model lineup. Both the body and wing were a mix of carbon fiber and Kevlar with Nomex honeycomb used as a core. It utilized a carbon fiber monocoque with an aluminum honeycomb core. The suspension utilizes unequal length wishbones with pushrod-activated shock and spring. its geometry is derived from the Riley Mk III, but improvements have been made for turn-in and power applications. All of its suspension was mounted to the outside of the tub for safety and reparability with suspension loads fed through carbon fiber and aluminum bulkheads. Its powerplant was a 4.0 liter twin-turbocharged 32-valve Northstar V8 with McLaren racing engines reworking it and adding two IHI turbo chargers, Boosting it to 660 Horsepower and transferred through a 6-Speed gearbox from Xtrac. The car would be campaigned in its first and only season with little success. This would add another Cadillac race car to GT and while it doesn't boast a successful resume like its comtemporay rivals from the time did, It has a place as the car that brought the Cadillac name back to Le Mans.

Engine: Northstar 4.0L Turbocharged V8
Horsepower: 660 hp
Transmission: xTrac 6-Speed Manual
Weight: 900Kg
Drivetrain: RWD

Vote for the Northstar LMP-01 here
Vote for the Northstar LMP-02 here

Last edited:
...Anything to increase the number of Caddys in the game. Gets my vote. I thought someone might have already suggested this, however.

Anyway, this car still makes me smile, whenever I look at that tacked-on Caddy grille. It looks so much like an afterthought.

...Anything to increase the number of Caddys in the game. Gets my vote. I thought someone might have already suggested this, however.

Anyway, this car still makes me smile, whenever I look at that tacked-on Caddy grille. It looks so much like an afterthought.

While the 2001 car has basically a sticker that hid the two small intakes, the grille on this one was actually functional (which kinda makes the fact that it had the exact same shape grille with badge and everything as the CTS more funny).

While the 2001 car has basically a sticker that hid the two small intakes, the grille on this one was actually functional (which kinda makes the fact that it had the exact same shape grille with badge and everything as the CTS more funny).

...Didn't know they were functional. Huh. You learn new things every day...:boggled:

Latest Posts

Back