United States
North Dakota
RacingCowboy570
RacingCowboy570
2015-callaway-chevrolet-corvette-sc627-fornt-three-quarters.jpg

2015-callaway-chevrolet-corvette-sc627-rear-three-quarter-in-motion-02.jpg

Power: 627 HP @ 6,400 rpm
Torque: 610 ft-lb @ 4,400 rpm​

Reeves Callaway is no stranger to high-performance vehicles. The professional racer turned engineer developed a twin-turbo kit for the C4 Chevrolet Corvette in the 1980s, and he's been building high-horsepower Corvettes ever since. His company’s latest creation is the 627-hp Callaway Corvette SC627.

Based on the C7 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray, the Callaway Corvette SC627 makes 627 hp at 6,400 rpm and 610 lb-ft of torque at 4,400 rpm — increases of 167-172 hp and 145-150 lb-ft of torque over the stock Corvette Stingray/Z51. The centerpiece of the Callaway Corvette SC627 is a new Callaway-designed supercharger based around the Eaton TVS2300 rotor pack. The supercharger housing features an integrated intake manifold with a tuned runner and cross-section and a new triple-element liquid-to-air intercooler. Callaway claims that with the supercharger and intercooler system, inlet air intake temperatures increased less than 10 degrees after repeated dyno runs compared to other setups that saw increases of 35 degrees or more.

Source: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...UOUDYc&usg=AFQjCNFb1HBsuhqW7YH53c1_ubrP93aoMQ

It's a very subtle number of changes...but it creates a monster nobody would suspect. 👍

Plus it won't overheat the supercharger and it doesn't have a permanent airbrake on the back. :lol:

...Love it obviously, but here's a question: why buy this over the stock Z06? Rarity?
It'll work better "out of the box". Their supercharger won't have the "heat sink" issue, and they didn't add a spoiler which doesn't work as planned.

It'll work better "out of the box". Their supercharger won't have the "heat sink" issue, and they didn't add a spoiler which doesn't work as planned.

No it wont, it'd work just like the stock version would with ECU tweaks. Also the supercharger doesn't have a heat sink issue, and the CFD of the rear wing doesn't perform like an air brake. I'm sure you can read the the C7 thread and learn more or ask otherwise rather than spouting the popular stereotypical claims.

...Love it obviously, but here's a question: why buy this over the stock Z06? Rarity?

Looks and stealth. All bodywork added to the Z06 looks terrible imo.

Haven't looked into prices but owners of the C7 might also want more without buying a new car again.

...According to Chevy, MSRP for a base Z06's $80,395 including destination charge.

But Callaway's cheaper - $73,990 for a 1LT trim.

So I guess Callaway wins this argument - so long the warranty's not voided.

With the change, buy the extra gasoline/petrol...

How does it win? When the power is better in the Z06. The Z06 is more aero efficient and weighs less since it's the stock stingray platform with a supercharged/intercooled system being introduced.

How does it win? When the power is better in the Z06. The Z06 is more aero efficient and weighs less since it's the stock stingray platform with a supercharged/intercooled system being introduced.

...Easy, I'm a cheapskate - so pricing wins the day.

Besides, I've got unbelivably fat sausage fingers - even if hypothetically I can splurge nigh on 80 grand on a two seater, extra 20+ horses won't make much of a difference when I'm crashing into a wall after a wild oversteer.

...According to Chevy, MSRP for a base Z06's $80,395 including destination charge.

But Callaway's cheaper - $73,990 for a 1LT trim.

So I guess Callaway wins this argument - so long the warranty's not voided.

With the change, buy the extra gasoline/petrol...

I meant the price for having this retrofitted on a C7 you already own. As I said I didn't look into prices, just a thought and a contributing factor.

Interesting, I wonder how the Z06 with a wider body, wider wheels and that weird wing (not to mention the awful fender flares) is more "aero efficient". Also interesting how you mention weight, the Z06 is indeed lighter, very impressive (Callaway: 3532lb, C7 Z06: 3524lb), woah. Similar story with power figures. The point is, you get 99% of Z06 performance, for a cheaper price and with a prettier body that doesn't look aftermarket pimped.

Edit: Misread 0-60 times mentioned in the MT article, it's 3.3 vs 3.6 seconds. Doesn't change the fact that they are equally impressive and make no real world difference.

Last edited:
...Easy, I'm a cheapskate - so pricing wins the day.

Besides, I've got unbelivably fat sausage fingers - even if hypothetically I can splurge nigh on 80 grand on a two seater, extra 20+ horses won't make much of a difference when I'm crashing into a wall after a wild oversteer.

Fair enough, I too am a cheap skate.

Interesting, I wonder how the Z06 with a wider body, wider wheels and that weird wing (not to mention the awful fender flares) is more "aero efficient". Also interesting how you mention weight, the Z06 is indeed lighter, very impressive (Callaway: 3532lb, C7 Z06: 3524lb), woah. Similar story with power figures. The point is, you get 99% of Z06 performance, for a cheaper price and with a prettier body that doesn't look aftermarket pimped.

Edit: Misread 0-60 times mentioned in the MT article, it's 3.3 vs 3.6 seconds. Doesn't change the fact that they are equally impressive and make no real world difference.

Not sure why you seem to think 0-100km/0-62mph is important to the cars we're talking about in general. Also if you're curious as to how aero efficient it is simply compare it to the car it was clearly modeled to represent in GT racing, unlike Callaway ( who end up using the C7.R/Z06 frame to go racing). You seem to imply that the added grip and wider body is some how more prone to drag, yet the CFD and the side by side development with the C7R says otherwise. The 20 or 30 extra power with a smaller supercharger, that performs over a wider band at a higher rev and with the direct injection.

The car for what is provides could be obtained and even more so with the extra 4k or so you'd spend on an actual Z06. As far as power goes it's always going to be subjective, clearly you don't seem to care for the Z06, and for the price I don't see why the Callaway is a better option when you look at the overall performance.

Last edited:
Back