Can anyone recommend me a good wheel for f12011?F1 2010-2016 

• Thread starter Ev0d3vil
  • 21 comments
Ev0lutionzd3vil
I'm using a thrustmaster ferrari GT and unfortunately, the build quality is kinda crappy. Here are my choices, Logitech driving force GT - budget wheel for both f1 2011 and GT5? Not to mention the G25/G27?

The DFGT is not only a budget wheel but also one of the best wheels you can buy for it's price. Slap some GranTurgismo paddles on it and you're good to go.

Okay hmmmmmmm. Whats with the G25/G27 then? I know games like GTR2, GTR Evo, Rfactor really utilise them well, but those games are not that popular are they? I've got a question too, does the pedals stick to the floor when u push them hard? Cause my thrustmaster ferrari GT isnt that good at making the pedals stick strongly to my parapet floor.

I have a G27....no issues with it really, but am leaning towards getting a Fanatec wheel.

I don't have any issues with the pedals slipping, but I have a custom made wheel stand that holds the pedals in place. My house has tile floors so I've never tested how well the carpet grippers work.

The G27 isn't the best wheel for GT5 (IMHO), but it works fine for F1 2011 and other racing games.

I agree, for a budget wheel the Logitech DFGT is very good. I have not had problems on any game on PS3 or PC.
But, I really want cross-platform functionality (Forza 4 and F1 2011) so have a Fanatec CSR and Elite pedals on order. These new wheels should be released in the next week or so. The Elite pedals have a load cell pressure sensor for the brake which is a very good deal.

http://www.insidesimracing.tv/videos/view/583/0/Inside-Sim-Racing-Episodes

I think the G27 is a fantastic wheel, the new Fanatic FM4 wheel looks a bit cheap to me but I much prefer the racing car wheel style of it compared to the bulky sports car porsche wheels they make.

If I was to make any choice on a wheel I would want the Ferrari F1 version of the Thrustmaster TS500, but it hasnt been released yet and it will probably end up being very expensive. As a recommendation though I would highly recommend the G27, great build quality and it feels great, good force feedback and the pedals are pretty good, the clamp is the best one available so you don't need to hard mount it to anything and it comes with a 6speed shifter.

The DFGT type wheels are much cheaper but you pay for what you get, it is decent but the other more pricey wheels are in a completely different league.

Fanatec demo'd a F1 wheel....looks interesting. I'm more or less waiting for that bad boy to start selling (or at least, starting to take orders).

i think u should save up for the g27,its truly much much better than dfgt and others 100-150e wheels..and its great for gt5 too!

I've heard bad reviews about those paddle shifters from GranTurgismo being too flimsy. The DFGT pedals are terrible. They're plastic, and way too flimsy. Hard to get any response with their lack of weight.

Get a G27!! Solid metal paddle shifters for F1-style driving, metal pedals, stiff brake pedal, clutch, H-shifter. A huge step up from a DFGT, and I own both.

And I got my G27 for $204 which included shipping. Keep an eye out for promo deals (not sure if I'm allowed to name the company).

My driving force pro, which i got when gt4 released has served me very well over the years, so much, that i have not had a need to replace it. With my frame, and custom seat, it makes any racing game, that much better. But i am curious to whether buying a top of the line wheel will really improve my laptimes.

I doubt a better wheel will improve your laptimes, the extra quality and solidness, better force feedback and especially higher quality pedals might result in more consistant laptimes, but probably not faster.

I think it's possible that a pedal upgrade would improve your times, ie braking distances. Maybe not though if you are really accustomed to your setup as it is.

Zilla
I think it's possible that a pedal upgrade would improve your times, ie braking distances. Maybe not though if you are really accustomed to your setup as it is.

Well, the thing that bugs me about mine, is the feather light Accelator pedal, does the G27 have any resistance on that? Because accelarating is fairly tricky.

PAWEL17
Well, the thing that bugs me about mine, is the feather light Accelator pedal, does the G27 have any resistance on that? Because accelarating is fairly tricky.

A bit more. Driving in socks would be your best bet.

Shoes forget it.

Yes, that's one of the biggest improvements over the DFGT that I also own. All of the pedals (metal construction) have more resistance. They are also at differing stiffness levels - brake, clutch and accelerator from hardest to softest. I've switched to left-footed braking now and I'm faster because of it. The pedal gives me a lot more sensitivity there.

I was looking at the G27 online the other day, dang that looks like a sweet wheel. I got my dfgt only a few months ago so it'll be awhile before I upgrade, but when I do the G27 will be at the top of the wishlist.

Just holding the wheel is epic. I guess it's the leather, but it just feels so much smoother. The only other wheel that I would want other than the G27 would be THIS:

Thrustmaster-Ferrari-F1-Wheel-Add-On,X-6-309642-1.jpg

*drools*
158228.gif

My driving force pro, which i got when gt4 released has served me very well over the years, so much, that i have not had a need to replace it. With my frame, and custom seat, it makes any racing game, that much better. But i am curious to whether buying a top of the line wheel will really improve my laptimes.

Good wheel/pedals can improve your times a bit. Take for example a load cell equipped brake pedal (pressure sensitive) - provides a much more realistic feel and helps a lot with braking control. Also, wheels that feature adjustable controls (Adjustable Deadzone, Linearity, Spring and Damper settings, etc.) on the wheel itself allows for adjustments in areas where the game may be deficient.

I have a dfgt and a g27 I recently upgraded to. The dfgt is a very nice wheel and operates with precision. The pedals of the dfgt as compared to the g27 is what separates these two wheels.

I used my dfgt for two years without any malfunctions the only thing to complain about this wheel is the noise. The g27 is much quieter but still makes some noise just not very noticeable.

The DFGT ended up hurting my hands trying to reach for the paddle shifters. Seriously, I ended up with some tendonitis.

Hi, I use a DF GT wheel for GT5... great... but with F1 '06 and F1 '10 I find it's really "sloppy". Not sensitive enough in the straights and the car wanders too much and I can't seem to adjust it enough (deadzone). The force feedback responds less than in GT5 too, can't feel the bumps in the track as much....have fun.

Last edited:
Whatever wheel you decide on, can I recommend that you attach it to a Wheelstand Pro. I have a DFGT and use it on the Wheelstand pro, with a comfortable seat, ( I use an XRocker) you are very close to a racing setup on a budget.
Good luck.

Back