Can I copy saved game to new user?

United States
United States
DazedNConfuzed7
Okay...try not to laugh too hard. I just bought a used PS3 -- for the sole purpose of running GT6. Apparently I've been saving my GT6 data to the old owner's User -- which was very generically named as User1 -- so I didn't think much of it. I created a PSN account. When GT6 launches and it asks me to login, it yells at me if I try to change the default email address that gets filled in -- which was from the previous user. I'd like to be able to login to PSN with the new user I created on my PS3, but don't wish to start the GT6 game over again. I have lots of time, cars, licenses, etc. -- and I'd really like to keep all that. I did try to copy the game data to my new user, but when I launched GT6, it yelled at me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rob

I don't think you can do this. It was the same story for GT5 I think. Might wanna ask someone else to confirm.

Okay...try not to laugh too hard. I just bought a used PS3 -- for the sole purpose of running GT6. Apparently I've been saving my GT6 data to the old owner's User -- which was very generically named as User1 -- so I didn't think much of it. I created a PSN account. When GT6 launches and it asks me to login, it yells at me if I try to change the default email address that gets filled in -- which was from the previous user. I'd like to be able to login to PSN with the new user I created on my PS3, but don't wish to start the GT6 game over again. I have lots of time, cars, licenses, etc. -- and I'd really like to keep all that. I did try to copy the game data to my new user, but when I launched GT6, it yelled at me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rob
Sound like you could use a little friend call GG :rolleyes::boggled:

Rob

i believe this should actually work but you have to "resign" the save file
never tried it on GT6 but i know for a fact it worked on GT5.

Last edited:
i believe this should actually work but you have to "resign" the save file
never tried it on GT6 but i know for a fact it worked on GT5.

Not sure exactly how to resign the save file, but I'll start reading. Thanks.

the method is kind of simple
first you have to have your "old" save file
and then you have to have the "new" one

then you take both to a pc and take out a specific number from the "new" one
and replace it with the one in the "old" one (a.k.a resign them)

this makes your old save act like its the "new" one and the ps3 cant tell.
(youl will have to delete the original "new" one tho so the game picks up the "fake" new one.

the software is free and its called "PS3 Save Resigner"
i can send it to you but it might be complicated for a beginner
the most important thing is to backup the old one and not ruin it incase something goes wrong
i never actually tried it with gt6 but i did with other games including gt5
i could try it but youll have to send me the 2 saves

Last edited:
Gg, how do I actually get the save files I saved them using the in game save option but I have a jailbroken hen console and idk how to get them to my pc

Back