Can't drive the Shelby Cobra.

VanderbroTT
I fully tuned my Shelby Cobra and now I can't drive it. If i take a turn and start accelerating out of it I just spin out. Holy crap there is a lot of torque...Anyone else having this issue? I even have soft racing tires on which don't seem to help at all.

Yeah, I'm having the same problem.

I fully tuned the 427 Cobra to use in the Historic Racing Car Cup, and I can't drive it in a straight line. I'm not sure what the problem is. Tomorrow I'm gonna play around with the LSD and tune in a ton of understeer to see if that helps control it.

I also might need to get the full custom suspension to tweak it some more. But yeah, that thing is ridiculously difficult to drive with all upgrades. I've had faster cars, so I'm not sure why this one is so hard to drive.

I've been mainly using mine as a drift car but I'm planning to soup it up a bit more, sounds like it's gunna be a fun time :)

If I have a real breakthrough I'll be sure to share it, the Cobra is one of my favorite cars.

I remember the Shelby Cobra being one of the most difficult cars to handle in GT Legends on PC - and there were some other cars in that sim that were definitely quite a handful as well. If I recall correctly it basically wanted to kill you every time it saw a corner coming up :).

I've only had my two Cobras in GT5 (chrome model, plus one I won in some event) out for a few brief spins so far, but they were pretty fun to drive.

only car so far i cant drive is the fully upgraded r8. hit the brakes on a straight from top speed and it does an instant 180 in the middle of the road

I love it! Got every upgrade possible and won the historic racing cup with it. At first it would not drive in a straight line, but it was with this car that I was forced to learn how all of that suspension tweaking works. It was a pain in the butt but I won that cup with this car. I'll tell you, you can start off by lowering it a bunch and jacking the stiffness of the springs way up. Go into a practice race and keep making one change at a time until it becomes a little rigid monster. You will learn a lot for every tuning effort in the future.

i over tuned my mclaren F1. as soon as i mash the gas in any gear, the rear end just goes up in smoke. little gas in a turn and im sudden facing the opposite direction.

Back