Can't finish MGS!!

SkylineObsession

Expert daydreamer
Premium
New Zealand
New Zealand
SkylineObsession
Mangosaurus
Have the game saved just before the final playable bit (where you jump into the jeep and head up to ground level again while being chased by Liquid Snake) and it plays perfectly from there.

Until the very end of the credits though, where they stop rolling when the following is displayed only by itself;

Developed by
Konami Computer Entertainment Japan Co., Ltd.

Production/Copyright
Konami Co., Ltd.

Tried cleaning the PS2 with a lens cleaner, cleaning the disk itself (in immaculate condition) but nothing works. Just done the last mission for a third time and the game still pauses at that spot - leaving me unable to finish the ruddy game!

Has anyone else experienced this problem before? How do you think it could be fixed?

I had this problem aswell. I think it must be something wrong with the PS2 itself. MGS:VR Missions (I think it was called) was known for not working on the PS2 either.

Im afraid I did not. A thorough google search didnt provide any help either. I think the only way around it is to buy/borrow a ps1 and complete it on that. I am still annoyed that I have not completed the damn game.

Buy a PS3? 💡
If they suspect that the problem is being caused by a small deficiency in the backwards compatibility, why would they buy the system that has even less backwards compatibility?

W00tage. Borrowing my brothers PSOne and finished the game! Already up to Sniper Wolf on my second time round and have only saved twice or thrice so far.

Back