Capp Cup v3.0 - SEASON 3 COMPLETE! DSGERBC CHAMP!

• Thread starter BrandonW77
  • 1,699 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the changes. Excited to get through some of the next couple weeks of holiday prep and toy making so I can get back to racing more often.

:drool:

And you guys may be interested in the news my World Sportscar Masters Series next year may have an Alfa TZ2 class to go on with the GT40's, XJ13's and 330 P4's..

Logo is brilliant, I'll keep watching 👍

Thanks! I've eye-balled your series with envy a few times, REALLY want to run it but I don't think the time works for me. The 20mil cars deserve their own league and it's no coincidence they happen to all be race cars. :sly: Sadly, I don't think the TZ2 could hang with the likes of those thoroughbreds. :(

Excited to get through some of the next couple weeks of holiday prep and toy making so I can get back to racing more often.

I didn't know you were an elf?!?!?! 💡

Alfa's at Monza in the picture I assume? Let me know when it is and if I got the track right and what kind of lap times I need to run to be competitive. Will go head and break her in while testing lap times.

Well I have done quite a bit of carpentry over the years and continue to build scale model cars from time to time. Now with 2 little ones, the next progression seemed to be wooden toys. I have been working on 2 airplanes over the past week or so. Coming along nicely, just a slow tedious process.

TrackBound7
Well I have done quite a bit of carpentry over the years and continue to build scale model cars from time to time. Now with 2 little ones, the next progression seemed to be wooden toys. I have been working on 2 airplanes over the past week or so. Coming along nicely, just a slow tedious process.

Ahhh, the Spruce Moose! I'll buy a round-trip ticket. 👍

I have a question about the upcoming season with the Alfa. I really enjoyed the format we used this season with a mix of double-headers and enduro's and I think it made for a pretty interesting points battle.

Would you guys prefer to run the same format, only double-header's or only enduro's?

I liked mixing it up, didn't enjoy the reverse grid for the second race. If I was having a bad time I end up on pole for the second race and then just get in the way and ruin it for the top runners or stress that it will be the case, especially late season where every point counts.

I like the previous season format as well, however I wonder if the endurance format will be better than the sprints considering most of the tracks will be of longer distance, plus it would be more authentic. Either way, I'll be in for sure.

How about a short sprint and a longer feature race at each track?

What sort of race did the Alfa take part in during the 60's?

Excellent work on the Series Banner Photo Brandon. I too liked the format of last season. Really mixes things up a bit and with these bigger tracks in the mix it should be a little smoother than the reverse grid last season.

^It's going in under the new 56th box rule. It looks like they're going for overall (They had P1 on the car at Petit), so it's either going to own hardcore or fail miserably.

I'm happy with keeping existing format. If you want to tweak things at the margin - change length of the first or second race a bit.

Thanks! I've eye-balled your series with envy a few times, REALLY want to run it but I don't think the time works for me. The 20mil cars deserve their own league and it's no coincidence they happen to all be race cars. :sly: Sadly, I don't think the TZ2 could hang with the likes of those thoroughbreds. :(

Alfa's would run their own class 👍

What time would this series be in GMT?

I'm good with the way you ran the capp series. It was a good mix, I just have to remember that you don't have to pit on the short two race format:ouch:

I prefer longer races. Where you have to pit from tire wear and races where fuel becomes factor. 1- 1.5 hr endurance races get my vote.

But was pleased with the double headers.

So either way the masses decide. Makes me happy.

I prefer longer races. Where you have to pit from tire wear and races where fuel becomes factor. 1- 1.5 hr endurance races get my vote.

But was pleased with the double headers.

So either way the masses decide. Makes me happy.

I thought you had traded in your steering wheel for a rocket launcher?? :dopey:

StigsHero
I thought you had traded in your steering wheel for a rocket launcher?? :dopey:

No no. I mounted said RPG to my Alfa. First race gonna go out with a bang!

Hahahaha

Nah, my brother plays MW3. While I waited for GT5 many family and friends played COD together. Can't just ignore them completely. Did so for a year. Hahaha

What if they combined the two, and we raced in a battlefield environment with bullets and missiles whizzing by, trying to make it to the finish line before the atomic holocaust? I seem to remember a PS2 game like that but the name escapes me at the moment.

EDIT: I've created a social group for the upcoming season and all the other goodies to keep us all in one place until I get stuff ready for the next season. I haven't had time to do much with it yet but I'll have more content ready in the next couple days. If you guys want to go ahead and join up we can start discussing some of our other plans besides the Alfa Challenge. It also has the new PSN ID's listed that we'll be using to host different events in, you only have to add the one's your interested in though. Alfa races will take place in the Champ lounge and CappCup racing will take place in the CappCup1 lounge. If you want to go ahead and at least add the Champ lounge we can start holding Alfa testing and practice races there and you guys can open the lounge whenever you want for some Alfa fun. 👍
You can find the group here: ORCA-Online Racing Championship Association.

Last edited:
I've added an event to the Social Group: Surprise Night.

This is aimed at us not-so-experienced drivers but is suitable for everyone: The focus is on having fun, so all driving aids are allowed (except SRF). It's spec racing, with a car of my choosing - The car is taken from the recommended garage list of cars. No tuning, just pick your colour and slap on some SS tyres.

First one is next Monday at 9PM GMT. If anyone wants to host a duplicate event for those state-side drivers, let me know and I can adjust the registration.

The format is borrowed from the Fun Racers group and I am grateful to DJAbacus for giving his permission.

I've also added an experimental calendar to the group: Just trying out some automation behind the scenes but we should have a google calendar up and running with all the scheduled events in it. If you have a google account yourself, then you should be able to select an event on the group calendar and copy it to your own.

I was a HUGE fan of the format for this past Capp season. With that being said, I would lean towards more of the 40ish minute enduros with a pit stop for the Alfa. My reason lies in the authenticity of the car and the tracks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back