Capp Cup v3.0 - SEASON 3 COMPLETE! DSGERBC CHAMP!

• Thread starter BrandonW77
  • 1,699 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Torzilla
this is the best idea Ive heard in a long time

I was waiting for you to say that. I think I need to organize a tank car series for Torzilla that runs exclusively on jump tracks. :)

I'd like to plan on getting together Saturday at our normal time for some more Alfa racing. One thing I want to do is a little bit longer race at la Sarthe with advance time change, maybe 6 laps where we start at sunset and it cycles through to morning. The first couple laps would be in declining light, a couple laps in the dark and the last couple laps with the sun rising. I'm planning on running the full race this way but want plenty of people to experience it first. We've done it a couple times already and I found it incredibly exciting. 👍

Last edited:
I'm so happy this is coming together so well. I've added a couple of Alfa pictures and I'll join Branddon in flooding it with more pictures one we start racing.

I'll add all the IDs so I have them.

I might be interested in hosting the US version of Surprise Night, just need to make sure I don't have anything on Mondays to spoil it, so if someone else wants to do it, I'll step aside.

Menown
I'm so happy this is coming together so well. I've added a couple of Alfa pictures and I'll join Branddon in flooding it with more pictures one we start racing.

I might be interested in hosting the US version of Surprise Night, just need to make sure I don't have anything on Mondays to spoil it, so if someone else wants to do it, I'll step aside.

That would be great if you could! I won't be home from work in time for the early one and since I've never done one I'd like to see how they work first before trying to host one myself. 👍

If you are interested, let me know. I can amend the registration form so that it can be used for both events. I'll need to know what time you are starting at and also what time zone you are in.

This is all looking so promising!

RDA, just was reading thru the banned user log, that is classic, making time go fast sitting here at work bored out of my mind. Nice work. 👍

Perhaps this may tide Torzilla over in the meantime.

I was having trouble with that link, but I think it was for an old "Stunt car racer" game. Personally Im into "Street Rods" and "Micro Machines" more but I appreciate the thought. I have a place in my heart for vinatage video games and guitars, I can get to the end of "Pole Position" and my high score on Galaga is around 275,000. But thats a different message board. Im always up for any racing with the capp cup guys.

Torzilla
I was having trouble with that link, but I think it was for an old "Stunt car racer" game. Personally Im into "Street Rods" and "Micro Machines" more but I appreciate the thought. I have a place in my heart for vinatage video games and guitars, I can get to the end of "Pole Position" and my high score on Galaga is around 275,000. But thats a different message board. Im always up for any racing with the capp cup guys.

I loved Micro Machines. I still play RC Pro Am regularly with a couple buddies and even have a game on my iPhone that's almost just like it. :)

StigsHero
I loved Micro Machines. I still play RC Pro Am regularly with a couple buddies and even have a game on my iPhone that's almost just like it. :)

I'm now gonna waste my whole day tomorrow playing these two games because of this post... Thanks! :sly:

I'm now gonna waste my whole day tomorrow playing these two games because of this post... Thanks! :sly:
RC pro am, for Nintendo right?? I have hours and hours logged on that game, loved it. Like driving on ice if I remember right.

So.
About these Alfas.
Are we going to race them? :)

This weekend would be good for me.

RDAardvark
2pm EST = 7pm GMT = 6am in Eastern Australia
You'll have to swear very quietly.

I've added this to the group calendar

Lol..... Thanks for the calendar notice, now if only I can become a morning person, Ha! so are the sessions for more than 3 hours?

Lol..... Thanks for the calendar notice, now if only I can become a morning person, Ha! so are the sessions for more than 3 hours?

Usually 2-3 hours depending on how many people are around. I open the lounge around 2 but we usually don't start any races until 30 minutes later or so, after some people join up. Hope you're able to rise early and join us! Do you have any other OZ/NZ buddies that might be willing to join us for the Alfa season or the Club races? I could push the official Saturday time slot back by an hour so you guys don't have to get up quite as early.

RDA, that calendar is slick as snot. Very nice job and I think that's going to come in very handy. 👍

Will we be in your lounge or under a new PSN ID? If so, what's the new ID?

I think we'll try running it in the new championship lounge, the PSN ID is ORCA_Champ.

I've added some content to the social group that goes into more detail about what the lounges are for and how we plan on using them. If you haven't joined yet, please do!

ORCA Social Group

Bah! Can't make it again. Missed Thanksgiving, missed the Saturday, now another Saturday. If enough people are interested I'll be in ORCA_Champ tonight and Friday at 9 p.m. EST for a few short races around. Monza, Nerbynorby, Le Sathe, Spa and was it Monaco? Post if you are interested, so I don't just spend 30 minutes hot lapping alone before I give up cry into my beer.

Last edited:
Bah! Can't make it again. Missed Thanksgiving, missed the Saturday, now another Saturday. If enough people are interested I'll be in ORCA_Champ tonight and Friday at 9 p.m. EST for a few short races around. Monza, Nerbynorby, Le Sathe, Spa and was it Monaco? Post if you are interested, so I don't just spend 30 minutes hot lapping alone before I give up cry into my beer.

We only have a few people added to the Champ ID so far. I have other plans for this evening but I will jump on after work and accept any new FR's. I should be home slightly after 9pm EST so I can hop back on to accept any more FR's and hopefully that will allow people to join up with you. I won't be able to participate tonight but we'll try to get a group together for Friday night.

Johnnypenso and RDAardvark have access to the ID's so maybe they can log on to them this evening and accept any FR's in my absence. :)

I won't be able to add these "accounts" until the December update that allows my DLC on other accounts. Right now I have weeded out my list like 5 times and at the point I can't remove anyone else with out offending people.

I won't be able to add these "accounts" until the December update that allows my DLC on other accounts. Right now I have weeded out my list like 5 times and at the point I can't remove anyone else with out offending people.

Yeah, I figured. You don't have to add all of them, if you only want to run Alfa's then you only need to add ORCA_Champ. You can delete me for the time being if you want, we can meet up in the Champ lounge or open lobby's until you get some more spaces available.

I can probably come today for 30-40minutes @9pm and maybe tomorrow. Not sure about Saturday.

Looks like I will miss out on a lot of racing. If your not friends with the name people are in you don't enter.

To be honest this just pushes me away.

I kinda pleaded early along that this wouldn't work for myself.

Oh well. Guess if I drift away you guys know why.

Edit:

Why don't I just delete any friends from Capp Cupp that don't race in other leagues with me. I can replace them with these "room names". Then check this names to see who is in what.

Hmmm that may work.

OwensRacing
Looks like I will miss out on a lot of racing. If your not friends with the name people are in you don't enter.

To be honest this just pushes me away.

I kinda pleaded early along that this wouldn't work for myself.

Oh well. Guess if I drift away you guys know why.

Edit:

Why don't I just delete any friends from Capp Cupp that don't race in other leagues with me. I can replace them with these "room names". Then check this names to see who is in what.

Hmmm that may work.

You can delete me in exchange for one of the rooms, I promise I won't cry... After a few days anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back