Car of the Week | Beater or Sleeper?

Gotta say I'm pretty excited for this week's pick. Gonna be awesome to race on Saturday I can't wait! :)

Then again I was pretty hyped for the NSX GT500 as well, and THAT Saturday turned out mediocre for me at best. :P

I'll hope this week's run will be better for me. :)

Last edited:
Camaro Do Not.jpeg

i was waiting to use this picture for a long time, you have no idea

Honestly I dunno, making a new lobby meme starring my favourite 60's pony car? Let's get this out of the way: I will be 'furious' if anyone nominates this car.

Something like dirt/snow rallying Himedic. Because after a year of it, I'm sure nobody forgets that.
Would be a shame if...

200 (3) (3).gif

Last edited:
Gran%20Turismo%C2%AE%207_20240923011634.png

Back in the 90s, Super GT's fastest class, GT500, looked very different from the FR silhouette racecars of today; Japan's "Big Three" manufacturers—Toyota, Honda, and Nissan—would field their flagship sports cars with their own unique hardware against foreign giants like Porsche, Ferrari, and McLaren, in a class that allowed RR and RMR cars to compete alongside FRs. The numbers in the class names also used to carry meaning, too: the GT500 cars had just under 500PS, and the slower GT300 with yellow headlights and number boards had just under 300PS. Nowadays, though? The silhouette racecars of Toyota, Honda, and Nissan all share the same FR chassis with turbocharged 2L Inline–4 engines that put out figures closer to 700PS, differing only in the body shells and tyres that envelop said chassis. And yet, despite this simplification and cost cutting, foreign makes have disappeared completely from the category. To me, that's just a straight downgrade from the varied grids of what GT500 used to be.

The #16 Honda Castrol MUGEN NSX '00 of Team Mugen x Dome that was added to Gran Turismo 7 in Update 1.48 is a relic of the more honest years of Super GT, and as such, it is powered by a C32B Naturally Aspirated V6 just like the road going NSX that paying customers could have driven out of a showroom at the turn of the millennium. The familiarity with said engine ends in its name and noise however, because in GT500 trim, its displacement has increased from 3,179cc to an oddly exact 3,500cc (likely PD's way of saying, "even we don't know"), allowing the race–prepped NSX to produce the eponymous 488PS (359kW) in GT500 trim. The whole package weighs in at a mere 1,150kg (2,535lbs). While these figures—together with its relatively primitive aero—mean that this relic of a GT500 machine would get spanked silly by modern GT500 silhouettes, they're just by happenstance very close to current–day GT3 specs, allowing the old NSX to slot in surprisingly comfortably into Gr.3 with some success ballast and a slight power nerf, joining its classic rivals like the 1997 #36 Castrol TOM'S Supra and 1999 #1 Nissan PENNZOIL Nismo GT-R in Gran Turismo 7's most prolific and fiercely competitive class of racecars. But does this dinosaur NSX have any business being in Gr.3?

Gran%20Turismo%C2%AE%207_20240923011801.png

Unfortunately, I think we already know how older cars get shafted by "Balance" of Performance in GT7. The '00 NSX may have keen acceleration in a straight line, but I think that falls a tad too short in making up its cornering deficiencies around most tracks in the game. Being an RMR car and part of a three–way tie for the fourth lightest in Gr.3 car under BoP at the time of writing, the '00 NSX's cornering difficulties certainly don't lie in the initial turn–in, but rather, deep into a corner, where its prohibitive rear differential engages to lock the '00 NSX in place and prevent it from spinning out. The last round of the 2000 Super GT season being held at Suzuka, whose turn 1 is a classic RMR deathtrap, might explain this conservative setup we GT7 players wound up getting. Everywhere else, players on a wheel are going to have to put in extra effort to fight the steering wheel to fight the front tyres to then fight the rear tyres, just to coax the the car into somewhat keeping up with the times. Not only is that rather tiring to do in the long run, it's not exactly good for tyre life either, in spite of its low mass of 1,250kg (2,756lbs) under BoP across the board at the time of writing. On corner exits, the extremely progressive—and totally gutless in the mid range—NA engine gives no nasty surprises, with the diff letting the '00 NSX capitalise on its acceleration advantage extremely early, making it a beast absolutely worth the effort to wrestle.

Gran%20Turismo%C2%AE%207_20240923011816.png

However, the '00 NSX isn't just old; it's also a figurative fish out of water. As a GT500 car, the '00 NSX was never built for standing starts, and with increased mass and decreased power to slot into Gr.3, the poor NSX will bog so severely off the line that it might as well have stalled, with modern cars—NA and turbo alike—having to take evasive action around the fossilised car. Japanese racetracks I find are smoothed over to an obsessive level, and cars set up for Super GT duty tend to reflect this mirror smoothness of the tracks in their suspension setups, having no give whatsoever. Take the '00 NSX out of its comfort zone of Japan and into some proper hell like Bathurst and the Nordschleife, and the '00 NSX quickly crumbles into a nervous heap in a shower of sparks, almost as though it were being beaten around the track rather than driven. Combine this unforgiving suspension setup with the stiff, snappy diff, and not even the demonic roar of the C32B engine can convince me to choose the '00 NSX over other, easier to drive alternatives.

Gran%20Turismo%C2%AE%207_20240924021104.png

That all being written, the '00 NSX may sound like a total outlier and a misfit in Gr.3, akin to other racecars shoehorned into the category like the Skyline Super Silhouette and its contemporary GT500 compatriots. One might think then, that driving the '00 NSX would transform the hot–blooded racing action into turn–based combat, wherein the NSX sags embarrassingly in the corners, only to exhibit acceleration beyond anything resembling Gr.3 to catch back up to its more modern competition. However, that is not the case. Instead of the completely disjointed and comical racing that is typical of an outlier, racing the '00 NSX against bespoke Gr.3 cars feels almost like running with slightly worn tyres against competitors with fresh tyres on a fuel saving strat. The '00 NSX's performance isn't so radically out of sync with the majority of Gr.3 that I have to re–wire my brain to drive it—all I have to do is just to brake a tad bit earlier for corners and avoid the more raised kerbs and grass—it very much drives like a Gr.3 car. In other words, proper door to door battles can occur between the '00 NSX and your typical Gr.3 car. It's less a misfit and more the crazy one with an extreme personality in the group, and I can't say the same for any of its contemporary GT500 compatriots.

Gran%20Turismo%C2%AE%207_20240924021118.png

It may not be a meta, or even a wise pick in most Gr.3 races, but I'm incredibly glad nonetheless that there's finally a "real" NSX in Gr.3, and it's a poignant, visible, drivable proof of the ridiculous power creep of motorsports, and how over time, names like "GT500" and "NSX" can come to lose all meaning. The '00 NSX was an incredible racecar during its day, both in real life and in Gran Turismo, and with just the addition of basic driver aids like ABS and TCS, it still can find a way to remain relevant even in 2024—even moreso I suspect if the race has open settings. And despite it's insane asking price of 1.5 million Credits (more than 3 times the price of a regular Gr.3 car!), I argue that it's one of the very few Gr.3 cars worth spending the credits to buy: the sheer N O I S E it makes on startup sounds like a demon being rudely awoken by an exorcism ritual, and you don't get to hear it if you simply rent the car.

Gran%20Turismo%C2%AE%207_20240923011740.png

The 2000 NSX GT500 is truly a car of all time.

BONUS REVIEW: #36 Toyota Castrol TOM'S Supra '97 AND #1 Nissan PENNZOIL Nismo GT-R '99

The Supra GT500 '97 understeers like it's trying to turn into gale force winds, can't put power down in spite of that, has explosive surprise butt sex turbo, and I've never liked the Anti–Lag noises of GT7, so the Supra constantly popping away as it gracefully slides face first into yet another wall is just the annoying swarm of flies on top of the crap cake. No wonder it never won GT500 before all its European makes got bopped to hell and back, and had to wait three years until the GT-R got bored of winning GT500 to finally taste gold.

The Supra is truly the most overrated car I've ever seen.

The GT-R GT500 '99 behaves much better than the Supra, but it's 30 kilos (66lbs) heavier than the NSX under BoP, and its also very nose–heavy. I don't see why anyone would drive it over the NSX '00 or GT-R GT3.

BONUS BONUS REVIEW: Toyota FT-1 VGT Gr.3

Gran%20Turismo%C2%AE%207_20240923011627.png

I reviewed the Toyota FT-1 VGT Gr.3 during Week 18 of COTW, and I was utterly let down by just how bad it was to drive, contrary to the reputation it once had. It's awfulness was at a level so hard to believe that I would occasionally go for quick spins in it, just because I keep thinking, "I must've been mistaken or done something wrong, it can't be that bad!", but every time I thought that, the FT-1 Gr.3 made my figurative quick spin very literal, no matter what wheel, assist, and setup settings I used.

In the 13 or so months since then, I've learned a bit more about the game, and we've even had a physics update. The thought of adding an addendum to that old review has always been in the back of my mind, and Vic deciding to run one bonus race at Bathurst on Wednesday to celebrate Toyota's announcement into entering Repco Supercars Championship gave me the chance to sample the FT-1 again in a mostly Toyota–themed race. Here's me trying to scratch an itch that just never seems to want to go away. Yes, I WANT to like the car. I think it looks fantastic, and it has the right tools seemingly to be a top handling car. I even spent five whole days making a livery for it.

In my original review, I wrote to the effect of the FT-1 Gr.3 being extremely sensitive to bumps on the road, and that it was not able to load up its tyres or shift weight to the rear. The car therefore was incapable of putting power down out of a corner, instead having to limp where other cars are looking to put their best foot forward. Despite some rudimentary tinkering with the suspension setup, like raising the ride height and softening the springs, I simply could not find a way to assuage these issues. And to be candid, it did make me doubt myself and my assessment of the car.

Since writing that however, I've learnt that wheels aren't a purely cosmetic change to a car in GT7, and also how exactly different wheel sizes affect the way a car drives. The FT-1 Gr.3 has 19–inch wheels by default, which is an inch larger than the Gr.3 norm. I theorise that the FT-1 Gr.3 has to run higher tyre pressures to fit the same amount of air to carry its loads, which would explain that annoying sensation of me being unable to load up the rear tyres on corner exits, with the car instantly breaking sideways when I use more than 3/4 throttle with steering lock applied. I would dearly love to test my theory by fitting 18–inch wheels on the FT-1 Gr.3, but unfortunately, the wheels on the FT-1 Gr.3, like most VGTs, can't be changed, only painted, nor are tyre pressures disclosed to players, let alone adjustable. If I'm right about this however, I think I'd be even more disappointed in the FT-1 than before, because this would be simultaneously the stupidest and easiest to fix flaw in a car I've come across in all my years playing Gran Turismo, and it's on a built–to–spec fictional racing machine of an official partner of Polyphony Digital in the most prolific category of racecars in GTS/GT7.

In the current v1.50 physics, the FT-1 Gr.3 still has its old quirks, as though an old injury, but they feel a bit more manageable, especially with the new and improved TCS. It's still much better than the 1997 Supra GT500.

Gran%20Turismo%C2%AE%207_20240923011634.png

Back in the 90s, Super GT's fastest class, GT500, looked very different from the FR silhouette racecars of today; Japan's "Big Three" manufacturers—Toyota, Honda, and Nissan—would field their flagship sports cars with their own unique hardware against foreign giants like Porsche, Ferrari, and McLaren, in a class that allowed RR and RMR cars to compete alongside FRs. The numbers in the class names also used to carry meaning, too: the GT500 cars had just under 500PS, and the slower GT300 with yellow headlights and number boards had just under 300PS. Nowadays, though? The silhouette racecars of Toyota, Honda, and Nissan all share the same FR chassis with turbocharged 2L Inline–4 engines that put out figures closer to 700PS, differing only in the body shells and tyres that envelop said chassis. And yet, despite this simplification and cost cutting, foreign makes have disappeared completely from the category. To me, that's just a straight downgrade from the varied grids of what GT500 used to be.

The #16 Honda Castrol MUGEN NSX '00 of Team Mugen x Dome that was added to Gran Turismo 7 in Update 1.48 is a relic of the more honest years of Super GT, and as such, it is powered by a C32B Naturally Aspirated V6 just like the road going NSX that paying customers could have driven out of a showroom at the turn of the millennium. The familiarity with said engine ends in its name and noise however, because in GT500 trim, its displacement has increased from 3,179cc to an oddly exact 3,500cc (likely PD's way of saying, "even we don't know"), allowing the race–prepped NSX to produce the eponymous 488PS (359kW) in GT500 trim. The whole package weighs in at a mere 1,150kg (2,535lbs). While these figures—together with its relatively primitive aero—mean that this relic of a GT500 machine would get spanked silly by modern GT500 silhouettes, they're just by happenstance very close to current–day GT3 specs, allowing the old NSX to slot in surprisingly comfortably into Gr.3 with some success ballast and a slight power nerf, joining its classic rivals like the 1997 #36 Castrol TOM'S Supra and 1999 #1 Nissan PENNZOIL Nismo GT-R in Gran Turismo 7's most prolific and fiercely competitive class of racecars. But does this dinosaur NSX have any business being in Gr.3?

Gran%20Turismo%C2%AE%207_20240923011801.png

Unfortunately, I think we already know how older cars get shafted by "Balance" of Performance in GT7. The '00 NSX may have keen acceleration in a straight line, but I think that falls a tad too short in making up its cornering deficiencies around most tracks in the game. Being an RMR car and part of a three–way tie for the fourth lightest in Gr.3 car under BoP at the time of writing, the '00 NSX's cornering difficulties certainly don't lie in the initial turn–in, but rather, deep into a corner, where its prohibitive rear differential engages to lock the '00 NSX in place and prevent it from spinning out. The last round of the 2000 Super GT season being held at Suzuka, whose turn 1 is a classic RMR deathtrap, might explain this conservative setup we GT7 players wound up getting. Everywhere else, players on a wheel are going to have to put in extra effort to fight the steering wheel to fight the front tyres to then fight the rear tyres, just to coax the the car into somewhat keeping up with the times. Not only is that rather tiring to do in the long run, it's not exactly good for tyre life either, in spite of its low mass of 1,250kg (2,756lbs) under BoP across the board at the time of writing. On corner exits, the extremely progressive—and totally gutless in the mid range—NA engine gives no nasty surprises, with the diff letting the '00 NSX capitalise on its acceleration advantage extremely early, making it a beast absolutely worth the effort to wrestle.

Gran%20Turismo%C2%AE%207_20240923011816.png

However, the '00 NSX isn't just old; it's also a figurative fish out of water. As a GT500 car, the '00 NSX was never built for standing starts, and with increased mass and decreased power to slot into Gr.3, the poor NSX will bog so severely off the line that it might as well have stalled, with modern cars—NA and turbo alike—having to take evasive action around the fossilised car. Japanese racetracks I find are smoothed over to an obsessive level, and cars set up for Super GT duty tend to reflect this mirror smoothness of the tracks in their suspension setups, having no give whatsoever. Take the '00 NSX out of its comfort zone of Japan and into some proper hell like Bathurst and the Nordschleife, and the '00 NSX quickly crumbles into a nervous heap in a shower of sparks, almost as though it were being beaten around the track rather than driven. Combine this unforgiving suspension setup with the stiff, snappy diff, and not even the demonic roar of the C32B engine can convince me to choose the '00 NSX over other, easier to drive alternatives.

Gran%20Turismo%C2%AE%207_20240924021104.png

That all being written, the '00 NSX may sound like a total outlier and a misfit in Gr.3, akin to other racecars shoehorned into the category like the Skyline Super Silhouette and its contemporary GT500 compatriots. One might think then, that driving the '00 NSX would transform the hot–blooded racing action into turn–based combat, wherein the NSX sags embarrassingly in the corners, only to exhibit acceleration beyond anything resembling Gr.3 to catch back up to its more modern competition. However, that is not the case. Instead of the completely disjointed and comical racing that is typical of an outlier, racing the '00 NSX against bespoke Gr.3 cars feels almost like running with slightly worn tyres against competitors with fresh tyres on a fuel saving strat. The '00 NSX's performance isn't so radically out of sync with the majority of Gr.3 that I have to re–wire my brain to drive it—all I have to do is just to brake a tad bit earlier for corners and avoid the more raised kerbs and grass—it very much drives like a Gr.3 car. In other words, proper door to door battles can occur between the '00 NSX and your typical Gr.3 car. It's less a misfit and more the crazy one with an extreme personality in the group, and I can't say the same for any of its contemporary GT500 compatriots.

Gran%20Turismo%C2%AE%207_20240924021118.png

It may not be a meta, or even a wise pick in most Gr.3 races, but I'm incredibly glad nonetheless that there's finally a "real" NSX in Gr.3, and it's a poignant, visible, drivable proof of the ridiculous power creep of motorsports, and how over time, names like "GT500" and "NSX" can come to lose all meaning. The '00 NSX was an incredible racecar during its day, both in real life and in Gran Turismo, and with just the addition of basic driver aids like ABS and TCS, it still can find a way to remain relevant even in 2024—even moreso I suspect if the race has open settings. And despite it's insane asking price of 1.5 million Credits (more than 3 times the price of a regular Gr.3 car!), I argue that it's one of the very few Gr.3 cars worth spending the credits to buy: the sheer N O I S E it makes on startup sounds like a demon being rudely awoken by an exorcism ritual, and you don't get to hear it if you simply rent the car.

Gran%20Turismo%C2%AE%207_20240923011740.png

The 2000 NSX GT500 is truly a car of all time.

BONUS REVIEW: #36 Toyota Castrol TOM'S Supra '97 AND #1 Nissan PENNZOIL Nismo GT-R '99

The Supra GT500 '97 understeers like it's trying to turn into gale force winds, can't put power down in spite of that, has explosive surprise butt sex turbo, and I've never liked the Anti–Lag noises of GT7, so the Supra constantly popping away as it gracefully slides face first into yet another wall is just the annoying swarm of flies on top of the crap cake. No wonder it never won GT500 before all its European makes got bopped to hell and back, and had to wait three years until the GT-R got bored of winning GT500 to finally taste gold.

The Supra is truly the most overrated car I've ever seen.

The GT-R GT500 '99 behaves much better than the Supra, but it's 30 kilos (66lbs) heavier than the NSX under BoP, and its also very nose–heavy. I don't see why anyone would drive it over the NSX '00 or GT-R GT3.

BONUS BONUS REVIEW: Toyota FT-1 VGT Gr.3

Gran%20Turismo%C2%AE%207_20240923011627.png

I reviewed the Toyota FT-1 VGT Gr.3 during Week 18 of COTW, and I was utterly let down by just how bad it was to drive, contrary to the reputation it once had. It's awfulness was at a level so hard to believe that I would occasionally go for quick spins in it, just because I keep thinking, "I must've been mistaken or done something wrong, it can't be that bad!", but every time I thought that, the FT-1 Gr.3 made my figurative quick spin very literal, no matter what wheel, assist, and setup settings I used.

In the 13 or so months since then, I've learned a bit more about the game, and we've even had a physics update. The thought of adding an addendum to that old review has always been in the back of my mind, and Vic deciding to run one bonus race at Bathurst on Wednesday to celebrate Toyota's announcement into entering Repco Supercars Championship gave me the chance to sample the FT-1 again in a mostly Toyota–themed race. Here's me trying to scratch an itch that just never seems to want to go away. Yes, I WANT to like the car. I think it looks fantastic, and it has the right tools seemingly to be a top handling car. I even spent five whole days making a livery for it.

In my original review, I wrote to the effect of the FT-1 Gr.3 being extremely sensitive to bumps on the road, and that it was not able to load up its tyres or shift weight to the rear. The car therefore was incapable of putting power down out of a corner, instead having to limp where other cars are looking to put their best foot forward. Despite some rudimentary tinkering with the suspension setup, like raising the ride height and softening the springs, I simply could not find a way to assuage these issues. And to be candid, it did make me doubt myself and my assessment of the car.

Since writing that however, I've learnt that wheels aren't a purely cosmetic change to a car in GT7, and also how exactly different wheel sizes affect the way a car drives. The FT-1 Gr.3 has 19–inch wheels by default, which is an inch larger than the Gr.3 norm. I theorise that the FT-1 Gr.3 has to run higher tyre pressures to fit the same amount of air to carry its loads, which would explain that annoying sensation of me being unable to load up the rear tyres on corner exits, with the car instantly breaking sideways when I use more than 3/4 throttle with steering lock applied. I would dearly love to test my theory by fitting 18–inch wheels on the FT-1 Gr.3, but unfortunately, the wheels on the FT-1 Gr.3, like most VGTs, can't be changed, only painted, nor are tyre pressures disclosed to players, let alone adjustable. If I'm right about this however, I think I'd be even more disappointed in the FT-1 than before, because this would be simultaneously the stupidest and easiest to fix flaw in a car I've come across in all my years playing Gran Turismo, and it's on a built–to–spec fictional racing machine of an official partner of Polyphony Digital in the most prolific category of racecars in GTS/GT7.

In the current v1.50 physics, the FT-1 Gr.3 still has its old quirks, as though an old injury, but they feel a bit more manageable, especially with the new and improved TCS. It's still much better than the 1997 Supra GT500.
Good review, but I will never forgive you for doing ma gurl Supra so dirty...

tenor (4).gif

...and seriously outright saying the effing '99 R34 GT500 is a better to drive car, than the Supra...

200 (3) (7).gif

Last edited:
This might be where you were expecting a review of the 1973 Porsche 911 Carrera RS 2.7, but I don't want to review it.

This is going to sound rich coming from someone who writes reviews on a (nearly) weekly basis, but I really don't like having to analyse and critique things. It's tiring. It's work. More importantly, it takes me out of the moment, because I have to take myself out of the experience to be "above it" to see and understand what's going on as a whole, and to point out what's working and what's not. I dislike that.

When I go on a rare vacation to a foreign country as a broke boy, I've never liked being on my phone, much less be taking photos, even if I recognise that that's super important, because it lets me remember the trip and share the experience in a small part with other people. But having to take photos with that aim in mind takes me out of the moment and dumps responsibility and stakes where there should be wonder and freedom instead. When I play a murder mystery game and it adds something out of the blue and seemingly irrelevant into my list of evidence, or has a seemingly throwaway scene rendered, I'll know it'll become relevant later "as a surprise", but knowing that in itself makes it not a surprise, and now that seemingly irrelevant item has become more prominent in my mind than the literal blood–soaked murder weapon. When I play a Like A Dragon game and the only cute, young adult woman in the entire game thus far acts in an antagonistic way, betraying my trust and screwing me over, I know she's only doing that to show spunk and make herself look attractive to the mostly male demographic of the games. I know she's never going to be a villain, because the director of the series has been on record saying he's not comfortable with having his male protagonists attack women, so I fully expect the woman to have a redeeming arc and end up a good person or even an ally after, immediately taking away all legitimacy of her being a threat and bleeding away any tension the scene might've had. Wrestling was much more enjoyable when I was a kid and really believed that Triple H was really trying to break his ex–friend Shawn Michaels' spine with a sledgehammer. However, now that the backstage ongoings have become so much more widely known and "kayfabe" is dead, I know that wrestling is scripted, choreographed performance, I know that they have a planned storyline, and thus I don't expect the story to end in a stupid, anti–climatic way. If Wrestler A wins today, he can't keep winning against Wrestler B because it totally makes Wrestler B look inept and destroys Wrestler B's stock, and that isn't healthy for the business. If Wrestler A just won a world title from Wrestler B and Wrestler A's first title defence on the next day shows his newly–won belt on his entrance movie, I know no one would've put in that effort to use that graphic for just one night, so Wrestler A is retaining, by hook or by crook. At that point, I'm not even consuming a story anymore; I'm evaluating storywriting and props. I'm not on the edge of my seat waiting to see what happens next with baited breath, I'm not flabbergasted when a twist hits; I'm wondering what made them choose this direction, and how good I think that direction is. I'm not consuming entertainment anymore; I'm taking on voluntary work. And it sucks.

You see how knowing something, knowing too much, ruins any form of entertainment? Being able to critique something fairly and wholly requires that you explain the joke, to know where and when the smoke and mirrors of a magic trick are deployed, to say out loud that Santa isn't real, and point out things like marriages are a scam and that half of the "till death do us part" vows end in divorce anyway (bad language in the linked video). And once you know that, how are you supposed to be immersed or taken by any of it? In fact, depending on the company or industry, one might even find themselves irreversibly repulsed by how the sausage is made.

And in this day and age, what's really the point of reviewing anything? In my opinion, technology has come so far to a point now where technical faults are now simply an unacceptable excuse for a bad product, whatever it may be. I can't speak for anyone but myself, of course, but I used to be impressed by lag in a video game, because to me, a game lagging meant that so many epic things are happening in this totally badass game that even the console can't keep up with all the badassery the game has to offer. Now when a modern game lags however, I just think that the game is a piece of poorly optimised spaghetti software, because consoles nowadays is so powerful that it's inconceivable that anything within reason should run poorly. I think back in the day, a Ferrari F40 being wild to drive meant that it had so much unfathomable power that no metal and rubber could contain it, giving it so much character and mystique, but if a fast Ferrari drove like that nowadays, the company would be sued to hell and back. Companies now also have an instant avenue of customer feedback, along with the feedback of its competitors and predecessors all readily available for free on the internet. And so if I happen to buy a bad product nowadays, I just default to thinking that they've either cut corners and/or costs, or have tied their creators' hands with the red tape of incompetent, out–of–touch overlords. In other words, I think that any technical fault with products nowadays is wholly man–made. And so what's the point in me saying "ayo airbags shouldn't explode and kill people" to a company run by qualified people smarter than I, under circumstances and stresses I can't see? Or am I supposed to believe that an obviously unfinished game rushed to market with content locked away behind pre–order bonuses, DLC, and paying to skip a menial, repetitive grind is supposed to serve some poignant narrative the game is trying to convey, or be fun in some way? Am I really supposed to believe that console manufacturers nowadays can't make a controller without stick drift issues if they wanted to, in a world where joysticks have existed for well over thirty years? Where their predecessors never had these issues? Am I really supposed to believe a phone without an aux port that I can't have third parties repair, or a plane without properly secured door plugs is supposed to serve me, the customer, in some way? Why the hell does my fridge or washing machine require an internet connection? It has one job! Appliances decades older than today's newfangled, idiotic offerings still work just fine without that requirement! Am I really supposed to believe that in the literal hundreds of years we've had the internal combustion engine and car manufacturing, that there are still things companies don't know and can't do optimally if they chose to spend the time and money to do things properly?

I don't know if this is me getting old, but I think I've come to see that people are hard–wired to be selfish and greedy, and that being an uncompassionate greedy bastard focused only on profits with zero regard for the people around them is seemingly a requirement to attain a position of power in this flawed world shaped by the flawed humans that comprise it. In other words, I think I've seen and know enough of the real world to review it, and as a result I just can't be immersed into or taken by it any more. In fact, I find myself hating it very much sometimes.

So I consider it a good thing then, that I know nothing about music, or anime, or art in general, because I don't see their inner workings, I don't see their evils, and that means that I can just immerse myself into what I believe to be the "intended experience" of those products. When I listen to a song or watch an anime I don't like, I don't have to ask myself, "why don't I like that?" I simply don't like it, and move onto something else. It's a very liberating experience to not have to explain or justify myself for not liking something, even if it's a critically acclaimed work. It's much simpler—and better—that way. As I get older and life gets harder, I find what little patience and time I have dwindling, and the more I learn about how to take care of my mental health, the more I value and respect my own inner peace. If something or someone isn't good to me, I don't have to fix it. I don't even have to point it out. I've learnt that it's not my responsibility. I can just choose not to engage with the defective products. Simply put, I've ran out of time and patience for bad products, goods and people alike.

And if I do like a piece of art? I don't have to take myself out of the experience to view it from above to dissect it to tell the world why it's great. When I listen to a song I like, what's going through my mind isn't, "oh wow what a well–trained voice, and the tone and subject of the lyrics is at such a stark, jarring juxtaposition to the character it's supposedly about, selling the narrative that his playful and devil–may–care attitude on the surface is just an act, or perhaps even a coping method to deal with the weighty responsibility his dysfunctional family left on his shoulders alone". No, I'm not thinking boring things like that; I'm instead headbanging and and screaming, "YOU CANNOT KILL MEEEE, I AM OMEGAAAA", or just silently sobbing to myself listening to Yoru ni Kakeru. When I watch a really good anime, I'm not thinking to myself, "oh huh, what's the author setting me up for here? There's clearly a twist coming. Wow, the pacing of the story is really good. The characters are so complex and come together so well"; I'm instead thinking, "OOOHHHH MY GOD WHAT DID YOU JUST DO? Do you have ANY idea what that's going to do to him? You blithering, inadvertent asshole! How will he react next?! The poor guy!" I consider it a rare honour when I'm shocked—offended, even—when the ending theme comes on at the end of an anime. "********! That was NOT 22 minutes! That was 7—at most!!" That I think is the surest sign that I've been so engrossed in its world and the story the show is trying to tell, so much so that someone who plays racing games regularly has had his sense of time completely thrown out of whack.

Those, I think, are the "intended experience" the artists had in mind, whatever medium they create in. And for that kind of immersion to be possible, of course the work can't be hampered by blatantly obvious faults even an average Joe would notice, like an incoherent plot or a bad audio mix. Something good should by nature be technically sound, and something technically sound should be beyond the dissection of your average Joe. I shouldn't have to learn storytelling structure or how to write a compelling character to appreciate a good, well paced story; it should naturally happen if the work is good. I shouldn't have to take singing lessons or learn how to read music sheets to love a good song. I shouldn't have to be a person's parent or their mental healthcare specialist to be spoken to with basic respect and courtesy. I shouldn't have to be an MMA champion or be a marksman with a weapon loaded and cocked at all times simply to not be mugged on the streets, or to not have my home broken into. I shouldn't have to be a hacker or a developer for my AAA game to come with advertised features and be devoid of game–breaking bugs. I shouldn't have to learn how to tear apart and reassemble the engine in my car for it to run. I shouldn't have to write any of this in a better world. None of the above mentioned is my job nor responsibility. The moment that responsibility or necessity falls onto me, its creators have failed at making a good/reliable product.

I am, at the end of the day, a nobody. An average Joe. And perhaps even that's being generous. I'm unqualified for almost everything under the sun. I'm just some dude writing about the one subject I can barely claim to be an expert in: my own feelings. Absent any real technical knowledge of any industry, I can only opine that something has been obviously made with a lot of passion and care, and quite frankly that's all I wish I had to say. Instead of me taking myself out of the experience to write a fifty page essay dissecting and geeking out over them in an incoherent ramble, I wish all I had to say is something along the lines of: Devil May Cry 3 inspired my creative thought so much and DMC5 spoiled me irreversibly with its game design philosophy. Oshi no Ko made me simultaneously laugh and cry, and feel things I never thought possible before. Yoasobi songs are always a solid bop made by very talented and passionate artists, even if you don't fully understand the language or don't have the life experiences for some of its more mature themes to speak to you, and the quality of their work is consistently top notch. You have to try eating a Tori Q bento on the spot when it's fresh. And the driving experience of a 901 Carrera RS 2.7 is something I refuse to take myself out of.

Last edited:
This might be where you were expecting a review of the 1973 Porsche 911 Carrera RS 2.7, but I don't want to review it.

This is going to sound rich coming from someone who writes reviews on a (nearly) weekly basis, but I really don't like having to analyse and critique things. It's tiring. It's work. More importantly, it takes me out of the moment, because I have to take myself out of the experience to be "above it" to see and understand what's going on as a whole, and to point out what's working and what's not. I dislike that.

When I go on a rare vacation to a foreign country as a broke boy, I've never liked being on my phone, much less be taking photos, even if I recognise that that's super important, because it lets me remember the trip and share the experience in a small part with other people. But having to take photos with that aim in mind takes me out of the moment and dumps responsibility and stakes where there should be wonder and freedom instead. When I play a murder mystery game and it adds something out of the blue and seemingly irrelevant into my list of evidence, or has a seemingly throwaway scene rendered, I'll know it'll become relevant later "as a surprise", but knowing that in itself makes it not a surprise, and now that seemingly irrelevant item has become more prominent in my mind than the literal blood–soaked murder weapon. When I play a Like A Dragon game and the only cute, young adult woman in the entire game thus far acts in an antagonistic way, betraying my trust and screwing me over, I know she's only doing that to show spunk and make herself look attractive to the mostly male demographic of the games. I know she's never going to be a villain, because the director of the series has been on record saying he's not comfortable with having his male protagonists attack women, so I fully expect the woman to have a redeeming arc and end up a good person or even an ally after, immediately taking away all legitimacy of her being a threat and bleeding away any tension the scene might've had. Wrestling was much more enjoyable when I was a kid and really believed that Triple H was really trying to break his ex–friend Shawn Michaels' spine with a sledgehammer. However, now that the backstage ongoings have become so much more widely known and "kayfabe" is dead, I know that wrestling is scripted, choreographed performance, I know that they have a planned storyline, and thus I don't expect the story to end in a stupid, anti–climatic way. If Wrestler A wins today, he can't keep winning against Wrestler B because it totally makes Wrestler B look inept and destroys Wrestler B's stock, and that isn't healthy for the business. If Wrestler A just won a world title from Wrestler B and Wrestler A's first title defence on the next day shows his newly–won belt on his entrance movie, I know no one would've put in that effort to use that graphic for just one night, so Wrestler A is retaining, by hook or by crook. At that point, I'm not even consuming a story anymore; I'm evaluating storywriting and props. I'm not on the edge of my seat waiting to see what happens next with baited breath, I'm not flabbergasted when a twist hits; I'm wondering what made them choose this direction, and how good I think that direction is. I'm not consuming entertainment anymore; I'm taking on voluntary work. And it sucks.

You see how knowing something, knowing too much, ruins any form of entertainment? Being able to critique something fairly and wholly requires that you explain the joke, to know where and when the smoke and mirrors of a magic trick are deployed, to say out loud that Santa isn't real, and point out things like marriages are a scam and that half of the "till death do us part" vows end in divorce anyway (bad language in the linked video). And once you know that, how are you supposed to be immersed or taken by any of it? In fact, depending on the company or industry, one might even find themselves irreversibly repulsed by how the sausage is made.

And in this day and age, what's really the point of reviewing anything? In my opinion, technology has come so far to a point now where technical faults are now simply an unacceptable excuse for a bad product, whatever it may be. I can't speak for anyone but myself, of course, but I used to be impressed by lag in a video game, because to me, a game lagging meant that so many epic things are happening in this totally badass game that even the console can't keep up with all the badassery the game has to offer. Now when a modern game lags however, I just think that the game is a piece of poorly optimised spaghetti software, because consoles nowadays is so powerful that it's inconceivable that anything within reason should run poorly. I think back in the day, a Ferrari F40 being wild to drive meant that it had so much unfathomable power that no metal and rubber could contain it, giving it so much character and mystique, but if a fast Ferrari drove like that nowadays, the company would be sued to hell and back. Companies now also have an instant avenue of customer feedback, along with the feedback of its competitors and predecessors all readily available for free on the internet. And so if I happen to buy a bad product nowadays, I just default to thinking that they've either cut corners and/or costs, or have tied their creators' hands with the red tape of incompetent, out–of–touch overlords. In other words, I think that any technical fault with products nowadays is wholly man–made. And so what's the point in me saying "ayo airbags shouldn't explode and kill people" to a company run by qualified people smarter than I, under circumstances and stresses I can't see? Or am I supposed to believe that an obviously unfinished game rushed to market with content locked away behind pre–order bonuses, DLC, and paying to skip a menial, repetitive grind is supposed to serve some poignant narrative the game is trying to convey, or be fun in some way? Am I really supposed to believe that console manufacturers nowadays can't make a controller without stick drift issues if they wanted to, in a world where joysticks have existed for well over thirty years? Where their predecessors never had these issues? Am I really supposed to believe a phone without an aux port that I can't have third parties repair, or a plane without properly secured door plugs is supposed to serve me, the customer, in some way? Why the hell does my fridge or washing machine require an internet connection? It has one job! Appliances decades older than today's newfangled, idiotic offerings still work just fine without that requirement! Am I really supposed to believe that in the literal hundreds of years we've had the internal combustion engine and car manufacturing, that there are still things companies don't know and can't do optimally if they chose to spend the time and money to do things properly?

I don't know if this is me getting old, but I think I've come to see that people are hard–wired to be selfish and greedy, and that being an uncompassionate greedy bastard focused only on profits with zero regard for the people around them is seemingly a requirement to attain a position of power in this flawed world shaped by the flawed humans that comprise it. In other words, I think I've seen and know enough of the real world to review it, and as a result I just can't be immersed into or taken by it any more. In fact, I find myself hating it very much sometimes.

So I consider it a good thing then, that I know nothing about music, or anime, or art in general, because I don't see their inner workings, I don't see their evils, and that means that I can just immerse myself into what I believe to be the "intended experience" of those products. When I listen to a song or watch an anime I don't like, I don't have to ask myself, "why don't I like that?" I simply don't like it, and move onto something else. It's a very liberating experience to not have to explain or justify myself for not liking something, even if it's a critically acclaimed work. It's much simpler—and better—that way. As I get older and life gets harder, I find what little patience and time I have dwindling, and the more I learn about how to take care of my mental health, the more I value and respect my own inner peace. If something or someone isn't good to me, I don't have to fix it. I don't even have to point it out. I've learnt that it's not my responsibility. I can just choose not to engage with the defective products. Simply put, I've ran out of time and patience for bad products, goods and people alike.

And if I do like a piece of art? I don't have to take myself out of the experience to view it from above to dissect it to tell the world why it's great. When I listen to a song I like, what's going through my mind isn't, "oh wow what a well–trained voice, and the tone and subject of the lyrics is at such a stark, jarring juxtaposition to the character it's supposedly about, selling the narrative that his playful and devil–may–care attitude on the surface is just an act, or perhaps even a coping method to deal with the weighty responsibility his dysfunctional family left on his shoulders alone". No, I'm not thinking boring things like that; I'm instead headbanging and and screaming, "YOU CANNOT KILL MEEEE, I AM OMEGAAAA", or just silently sobbing to myself listening to Yoru ni Kakeru. When I watch a really good anime, I'm not thinking to myself, "oh huh, what's the author setting me up for here? There's clearly a twist coming. Wow, the pacing of the story is really good. The characters are so complex and come together so well"; I'm instead thinking, "OOOHHHH MY GOD WHAT DID YOU JUST DO? Do you have ANY idea what that's going to do to him? You blithering, inadvertent asshole! How will he react next?! The poor guy!" I consider it a rare honour when I'm shocked—offended, even—when the ending theme comes on at the end of an anime. "********! That was NOT 22 minutes! That was 7—at most!!" That I think is the surest sign that I've been so engrossed in its world and the story the show is trying to tell, so much so that someone who plays racing games regularly has had his sense of time completely thrown out of whack.

Those, I think, are the "intended experience" the artists had in mind, whatever medium they create in. And for that kind of immersion to be possible, of course the work can't be hampered by blatantly obvious faults even an average Joe would notice, like an incoherent plot or a bad audio mix. Something good should by nature be technically sound, and something technically sound should be beyond the dissection of your average Joe. I shouldn't have to learn storytelling structure or how to write a compelling character to appreciate a good, well paced story; it should naturally happen if the work is good. I shouldn't have to take singing lessons or learn how to read music sheets to love a good song. I shouldn't have to be a person's parent or their mental healthcare specialist to be spoken to with basic respect and courtesy. I shouldn't have to be an MMA champion or be a marksman with a weapon loaded and cocked at all times simply to not be mugged on the streets, or to not have my home broken into. I shouldn't have to be a hacker or a developer for my AAA game to come with advertised features and be devoid of game–breaking bugs. I shouldn't have to learn how to tear apart and reassemble the engine in my car for it to run. I shouldn't have to write any of this in a better world. None of the above mentioned is my job nor responsibility. The moment that responsibility or necessity falls onto me, its creators have failed at making a good/reliable product.

I am, at the end of the day, a nobody. An average Joe. And perhaps even that's being generous. I'm unqualified for almost everything under the sun. I'm just some dude writing about the one subject I can barely claim to be an expert in: my own feelings. Absent any real technical knowledge of any industry, I can only opine that something has been obviously made with a lot of passion and care, and quite frankly that's all I wish I had to say. Instead of me taking myself out of the experience to write a fifty page essay dissecting and geeking out over them in an incoherent ramble, I wish all I had to say is something along the lines of: Devil May Cry 3 inspired my creative thought so much and DMC5 spoiled me irreversibly with its game design philosophy. Oshi no Ko made me simultaneously laugh and cry, and feel things I never thought possible before. Yoasobi songs are always a solid bop made by very talented and passionate artists, even if you don't fully understand the language or don't have the life experiences for some of its more mature themes to speak to you, and the quality of their work is consistently top notch. You have to try eating a Tori Q bento on the spot when it's fresh. And the driving experience of a 901 Carrera RS 2.7 is something I refuse to take myself out of.
I see what you did there.

200 (3) (13).gif

The best post ever written, nothing even comes close to it.

:bowdown:

Good review, but I will never forgive you for doing ma gurl Supra so dirty...

View attachment 1391826

...and seriously outright saying the effing '99 R34 GT500 is a better to drive car, than the Supra...

View attachment 1391827
Driver preferences are a very strong, very real thing.

Like, take me as an example. I find myself more comfortable in the RXV Gr.3 than any of the Group 3 GT500s, and if I had to choose between the GT500s I might prefer the R34. The Supra is a good car, don't get me wrong, but I imagine XSquare just can't really click with it.

As we know, the NSX made it's debut in 1990 and garnered a lot of positive publicity, with fighter-jet inspired looks and incredible performance from a taught, lightweight chassis. A few years later it would see competition in the newly established JGTC, but it was not an easy start. The first few seasons were troublesome as they fell to the likes of the Supra, Skyline and McLaren F1. It might've looked good but the performance was lackluster and by no means befitting of the image that Honda created for it. However, in 2000, wins started to come and suddenly they were in the mix for a championship. The Mobil One car found the top step several times but the Castrol car was never far behind, and come season's end, it was victorious despite not winning a race. Honda had finally done it, and a legend was born. It's success was celebrated by PD as they included it in GT3 a year later, introducing the car to a whole new group of enthusiasts. As a result, it's return to the series was welcomed with great fanfare and I have to say, when I drove the car for the first time I was impressed. A very well balanced, neutral car that wouldn't bite your head off if you jumped on the throttle a millisecond too early. This sentiment has not changed despite a frustrating night on Saturday. Some of it was my fault I'll admit but I cannot complain about the car because it's great and totally deserving of it's place in Japanese motorsport folklore. I'm soo happy that GT has replicated it soo well in digital form, as it ensures that future generations can get a taste of the engineering prowess.

SPD Writes Gran Turismo 7's Car Of The Week: Week 76 - Porsche 911 Carrera RS (901)

full

Yes, you beautiful freaks of nature: I used a copy and paste. From afar, I'd be surprised if you can tell the difference.

Look: a car I can copy paste from the Horizon 5 COTW thread rather than write something up. BUT I AIN'T GONNA DO THAT!

But you see this post? You know something's up. This is one of the cars that is on my list of non-Signature cars that I want to write. Hooray for us all! Especially me who got this done on Friday. Talk about motivated!

Anyhow, thanks to the success of the 917 on Le Mans, causing it to start a new chapter, the people in the Porsche racing division was thinking: let's use that championship winning race engineering for the masses that want something fast, and great for the track as well. But instead of developing a road going 917 (they kinda did, but think about how the exotic car world would be moulded because of it), they grabbed their current flagship: a stretched out Beetle they called the 911, and got to work.

This 901 Carrera RS would be honored to exist as the first ever homologation road car, essentially born due to a race car needing to adhere to certain rules of their series to allow it to compete. More specifically for the car's upcoming Group 4 racing series, Porsche would have to do something different to allow people to look at it different rather than be just your usual hack job. First thing: they set up a patent that, let me get my glasses on, reads: 'a passenger car with a rear spoiler – one preferably mounted between side panels, and an aerodynamic device in the rear to increase the dynamic rear wheel pressure'. This would come in the shape of the iconic ducktail spoiler that was, stated repeatedly, inspired by the 917 Kurzheck. It's not all aesthetic, as it does provide the downforce needed at the back that has a tendency to lift upwards. Along this, the car would have liberties in weight reduction, and of course the wide fenders that Porsche cars in times ahead would adopt and further exaggerate.

Unveiled in the 1972 Paris Motor Show, the Carrera Rennsport would take center stage and be seen as admirably grand from the people, due to how it looks compared to the usual 911 then, and also the fact it became the top performing German production car at the time. The combination of 200 horsepower carrying a ton of the bare necessities through a race spec 5-speed manual does that. It's done so well, that Porsche's initial 500 model limit was instantly broken with people buying it en masse. In the end, the production of this car in all its trims would reach at about 1580.

Having a quick look back on my Horizon 5 write up of this, figure it's time we now mention this classic causing modern PTSD thanks to its dominance within the recent NFS games of Heat and Unbound. While in Heat is THE no contest best of the best with what the game offers, in the latter game it serves very well for a detune to the B and A classes there as one of the few top tier picks, but suffers with higher speeds of the amped up classes, losing its best car throne to the Regera, which now is contending with the recently released Evija.

I guess for story I can finally proceed with the development of the Historic Sports Car Masters. Candy needs a new classic, and it's not this car. I'll let the script do the story telling for you.

As one of the Mini Mexico Imports, this week's theme song is.. from another Horizon that's not Mini Mexico, or one with Porsche cars either, actually..

This week's theme song:
Animal
Neon Trees
Habits

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Episode: Vintage Speed Demons of Kyoto

Kyoto Driving Park
Higashiyama Ward, Kyoto Prefecture, Japan
Afternoon

full

What might look to be a fine afternoon for racing unfortunately would be deemed close due to the role of various tuning firms taking over the garages for the day.

With a wide assortment of low cost local sports machines, mechanics and test drivers from around the area come together to take advantage of such a grand opportunity.

One such group taking control of a great stake in the pit lane would be Ayumi's Kuro Uma Autohaus, as she observes a customer car just finished with its work.

full

Her underling, while exhausted, affirms her with an honest smile caused by a job well done.

"All in order here Yumi-san."

Ayumi: "Hmm, hmm.. fine job! Uhh, don't push yourself. Just wipe this mess clear, and take it for a spin after."

"Will do!"

Writing a few notes on her tablet, she moves on to another set of cars, and their mechanics on standby..

full

A quick inspect then follows, which Ayumi spoke after..

Ayumi: "Are the new parts fitting fine?"

"Yes ma'am! We'll evaluate if it's safe as is, or if we need to optimize cooling."

Ayumi: "See to it, Kondo-san. The last thing we all want is extra costs for destroying something."

Past that garage and noting, Ayumi starts to feel a weariness from within, sighing in exhaustion..

Ayumi: "Phew.. busy busy day. I need an escape.. Hmm.."

After a quick breather, she however noticed someone out of place.

An American man, tall, blonde, and pointing his phone to himself akin to a man posting a social media short.

Luckily for said American, the owner of this small garage does recognize him, as she remarks as she puts to thought..

Ayumi: "I don't think I remember inviting Rike-san today.."

She comes close, and overhears his eager voice..

Maverick: "Look here.. This is the dyno, where power is put to the test after work's been put in. Now, the people here are professionals, so don't think of getting one of these puppies if you don't got the training done."

He was to stop his recording, but not before Ayumi came in to do a quick photobomb, while inquiring away..

Ayumi: "WOOP! I hope you're not live, Rike-san."

Maverick: "Nah, this is going on my shorts, soldier. So, looks like you, and a chunk of other local tuner gigs got their hands filled?"

Asked Maverick in his casual tone, unsurprised by this sudden introduction.

She replied with a similar indifference..

Ayumi: "Tell me about it. I mean business is good, and credits are rolling in.. "

Maverick: "Happy days! Don't be such a downer: I think I approve the whole surrounding's work ethic, Alpha Tango. No rebellions or sourpuss workers in sight.."

Ayumi: "Well, I'll do anything so my job's easy, and any sad faces will be dealt with. Don't you agree a happy workplace is the best workplace?"

Maverick: "Affirmative."

They walk through the pit lane, though Ayumi had something telling her from within..

Ayumi: "Now, we like having you around, Rike-san, and.. well, I swear Deki-san is here somewhere.."

A quick glance about, and she sees her young husband having a drink by the vending machine.

She has nothing against that, but decided instead to say hi..

Ayumi: "THERE YOU ARE!!"

Hideki: "Eeeyaaah! E-easy there, Yumi-san.. I see Rike-san's here.."

..with a bombastic flair.

Nearly dropping his drink, the young artist however didn't get a chance to speak as their guest shouted..

Maverick: "You bet'cha. Stand up straight, soldier!"

Hideki: "H-hai! Eehhhh.."

The couple share a quick embrace, then look at the super soldier, as Ayumi questions..

Ayumi: "So, you visiting, or?"

Maverick: "Work. Not military, but well, it's more than just plain ol' visit, Alpha Tango. Was hoping for some service. My 70s Challenger R/T, you up?"

The enegergetic lady then turns to her husband, and affirms his skill set with a quick question..

Ayumi: "Muscle car, Deki-san. You love it, right?"

Hideki: "Why of c-course, Yumi-san! Emm, I got you, Rike-san. Lead me to her."

1 min 37 secs later.jpg

This joined group then walked not far off from the vending machines, reaching a recently occupied garage.

full

Maverick: "Just right here."

Probably the most well kept vintage Challenger this side of Japan, the couple gets a quick sneak at Maverick's Signature Car..

Ayumi: "Whoaa... it's not my first time, but I guess it's natural for me to fall in love with American V8 machinery.."

Hideki: "Ahh.. I've always a soft spot for your Challenger since that Clubman Cup Plus event. I'd be excited, but I'm not.. her.."

Ayumi: "Are YOUUU talking about MEE?!!"

Hideki: "Of course.. please no hit!"

To his dismay, the arms are already flailing like a Ponco shooing meddling lawyers out of a private area.

Maverick, unsure of leaving his car for long, then hatches a suggestion..

Maverick: "I know it's a stretch, but.. think you can get it down by the end of the day? Get this done, and there's a bonus in my wallet with your name on it.."

Hideki: "Ehh, sure thing. I'll clear my list now, so.. if I may?"

Back to normal, Ayumi cheers on her husband as he readies the car for a quick service.

Ayumi: "Go for it, Deki-san! I'll get someone else to clear the Evo III."

Hideki: "Alright! Now if you mind.."

Remembering those words, she checks her management software, and confirms some bad news, as she laments briefly..

Ayumi: "I guess I'm on the Evo III shortly. By the way, see that Beat over there?"

Maverick: "What? Beat? Heard it was designed by Pininfarina. Tiny car, ain't you?"

Placed on a nearby table are the keys, which Ayumi grabbed, as she continues her analysis, noting..

Ayumi: "I see the work on it's done. It's only due a test run."

Maverick: "Any reason why we're stopping on this smallsville car?"

Ayumi: "Oh, just want you to meet the mechanic I hired specially for it."

Maverick: "This doesn't look like it needs anyone special, I'll be honest."

The pair then hears whistling..

And as they turn, a figure approaches: a short statured racer finishing with grooming her hair.

Maverick: "Son of a.. I take that back."

Realizing the crowd gathered, the little racer questions..

Candy: "Here already, Yumi-san? I, umm.. see you found Maverick."

Maverick: "Candy! Stand tall, soldier! Been a while, eh? I smell.. lavender?"

Sniffing her like a dog, being that it isn't the first time gaver her comfort it's not strange.

Maverick: "That, boot stain, is confirmed lavender. Final answer!"

Candy: "Nice one! Trying out this brand of soap only sold around here. Might bring some as a souvenir."

The energetic boss lady however has something to say about what she heard..

Ayumi: "You! How would.. you took a shower, Candy-san?!"

Candy: "Well, you don't want to know the amount of fluid that ended up on me the whole morning I worked on this little Beat, right?"

While memories of accidentally getting oil in her mouth start to return, the super soldier gets confirmation of her presence, deducing..

Maverick: "The rookie's onto the mechanic business? Talk about expanding your horizons!"

Ayumi: "I'd agree, but in reality: she owes me something, and refuses to give up credits this time around. Reason undisclosed, I might add.."

This finding didn't give Maverick reason to calm, as he urges..

Maverick: "Aww, c'mon, rookie. Way to let me down a little.."

Candy: "It's already annoying as is.. You know what: f[BLEEP] that work, this is my one and only gig! It's even moreso when you're STILL calling me rookie!"

Maverick: "I know I promised that'd change, but change's harder than you think. You ain't a rookie in anything but designation, doolie!"

The moment's heated, but the energetic boss lady's thoughts are more professional, as she declares..

Ayumi: "You know what.. let me inspect your work personally, Candy-san."

As she heads to the insides of this newly refurbished Beat..

Ayumi: "Doo doo doo.. laa laa laaah.."

Candy is left with dealing the super soldier, asking..

Candy: "What brings you here? There's no hint in your socials that you're coming over.."

Maverick: "If I see THEM, then I'll tell you."

Candy: "Oooh, discreet. You're still into theatrics as always, eh?"

Maverick: "Yeah, well you have to live in the moment when you're given the spotlight, rookie."

Hearing that word, she reaffirms as she crosses her arms..

Candy: "I hate the spotlight, you know?"

Maverick: "News got that covered for me, soldier. So, there any reason you had a Beat for breakfast, or.."

He was to finish, but Maverick then noticed on the table behind..

Maverick: "What's this? A lion plush?"

Candy: "Oh, that was in the Beat.. I had to clear out the car for general cleanup, and installing dials."

Maverick: "How did you learn that?"

Candy: "Actually, not that hard.. but the short answer really is that I didn't work alone."

Though, Maverick's whole focus is stolen by said lion plush, as he grabs it..

Maverick: "Hmmm.."

Candy: "What's wrong?"

Maverick: "This looks to be one of those squeezable toys. I wonder.."

He presses hard by the belly, and out came a realistic roar sound.

Maverick: "Wow, it roars."

As if children found a new toy, Candy snatched it quick and declared..

Candy: "Let me try!"

Maverick: "Letting our inner kid out, eh, rookie?"

Candy: "Shut up, this was a stressful morning for me. I still taste GT Auto branded oil in my tongue.."

Oddly however, when Candy pressed it, the sound that came instead wasn't expected..

Given a little roar was sounded, Maverick's laugh box would soon get to work as he bellows..

Maverick: "BWAHAHAHAA! Oh man, I APOLOGIZE, rookie. That's the cutest little roar I've ever heard! You know what, if there's something I can fully call you rookie for, it's.."

However, being an in story recurring joke, the roar did do its job, as a chubby Dutchman then enters at an instant, announcing..

Carlyle: "You's a called?"

Maverick: "HOLY JESUS!"

Putting Maverick off balance for karma was enough for Candy to find satisfaction, as Carlyle's arrival put her in a better mood.

Candy: "Lyle! You're here early."

Carlyle: "Naww, I's not early. It's one o'clock, doll. How you doin? Graham and Miss Miranda sends their condolences, by the way."

Candy: "Ohh, cute. Send it back. As for me.. well.. it's exhausting. Never did extensive mechanic work before today. Lucky for me I was prepared or you never know.."

Thoughts then creep up towards the chubby lion and the super soldier, which had Candy ask as they get together..

Candy: "So, you two know each other?"

Maverick: "Negatory. If I'm not mistaken, he's one of The List."

Carlyle: "Ehh, you's quite the detective. Wasn't expecting the super soldier himself. I'm uhh.. Carlyle van Orrin. Actor. If not acting, then.. I outrank you, pal! Former Commanding Officer of.. of.. some unimportant squad. Heck, I'll be honest: I'm a fan."

Candy: "To be honest: who isn't?"

Maverick: "You'd be surprised. Question.. you're the same van Orrin?"

Carlyle: "Of.. 'wanting to buy the best cars cheaper than on Auto Plus or the Hagerty Collection' van Orrin? You's looking at the right man, sarge!"

Hinting their soldierly background for a good relationship moving forwards, Candy though then wonders..

Candy: "So, Lyle.. where's my new car?"

Carlyle: "And your car is.. wait.. oh yeah! Associate's driving it over."

Candy: "And would you say.."

Carlyle: "Yup. You paid for the service, and we's find the car spotless a couple days back. And if you's like, we can iron out any problems on the body or in the engine, no charge."

Candy: "Good, good. I got a knack for fixing up bad leaks and other.. knick knacks today. My Understeer stuff's over there, maybe I want them in later."

Carlyle: "Bill by tonight, doll. Let me do this.."

The smuggler then takes his phone out, and his impaired vision still manages to catch the message he has great interest in.

He then announces to the little racer..

Carlyle: "You's expecting any surprises today, doll?"

Candy: "You telling me this is ruining that idea of yours."

Carlyle: "Yeah, shoot. Your car's here, and coming over. He's coming to my GPS.."

And not even half a minute later, they peek out the front to find..

full

..an R31 Skyline, looking better than the pictures the little racer found online.

The man handling the sale then gestured..

Carlyle: "Tadahh! So.. what's your take, Candy doll?"

Candy: "My take? It looks better in person! One good review, coming your way."

Carlyle: "Thanks so much, doll."

Maverick: "Nice one, rookie! I like your taste."

Thinking of the RB20's state, she took her time looking up close with the new shade of red, noting..

Candy: "Paint's flawless.."

Rudeboy: "I say the mother f[BLEEP]er you buy it from is good with keeping it."

Candy: "Tell me about it, Manh.."

Realizing Carlyle's surprise attack wasn't the car, she looked back and noticed a certain bomb happy mercenary about.

Confirming with her eyes, she leaps aside in shock.

Candy: "Manh?!"

Rudeboy: "KABOOM! What's up, mofo Candy? Ha-haha!"

Proclaims Rudeboy joyfully as he widens his arms for a grand greeting.

In her thoughts however lingers their last meeting back in Week 64 (not yet released), prompting her to wonder.

Candy: "I haven't seen you.. umm.. your mercenary unit got an arrest warrant for domestic terrorism in Florida."

Rudeboy: "Keh, you, me and super soldier knows those mother f[BLEEP]ers can't even arrest any of us. Diplomatic immunity."

Candy: "No, it doesn't work that way, Manh. You just got lucky."

Maverick: "Can I say he's sort of right, you know, rookie?"

Candy: "I still bet it's luck."

However, as Carlyle enters the scene, he remained close with the bomb expert, as Rudeboy then announces..

Rudeboy: "So, I know you're wondering, and it's true: I am now partners with the mister van Orrin organization of car smuggling. Confirm if for me, my main mofo!"

Carlyle: "Yup. Been said that: instead of a full refurbish, I can make's me more money putting certain cars to parts, while I sell him engines."

Impressed, Candy added..

Candy: "Wow, I'm surprised it's this soon you come together."

Carlyle: "As a bonus of our partnership, doll, you's can thank him for that quick refurbish and relook of your new R31's engine. Spotless was the report, was it mister Rudeboy?"

Rudeboy: "Mother f[BLEEP]ing A. It's like the mother f[BLEEP]ing GT Auto but free!"

After a quick laugh together as partners, the sly Carlyle then continued..

Carlyle: "We'll ask the shop to help us install the aftermarket race parts after they's get here."

Candy: "I appreciate your professionalism at least, thanks."

And quickly, she whispered towards the super soldier..

Candy: "This is why I'm not paying Yumi-san one credit, Maverick. I hope she didn't hear that.."

Maverick: "Message received and sealed, rookie."

Leaping straight back towards her car again, she then mumbles on, as she rubs it with glee..

Candy: "Ahh, it's so boxy. You men mind if.. I get my one on one time with the car?"

Rudeboy: "Why I say no to your car, mofo Candy?"

After adjusting the seat to her tastes, Candy exits the pits with her new boxy RB20 powered precursor to the Godzilla.

full

And after one greedy tap later on the first turn, she then realized, with wide open pupils..

full

Candy: "Slidey!!"

Being highly familiar with the place, a wonder passed when she realized the venue not being used for any Group 3 tussles as of late.

full

And then memories flow towards her last adventure in Eiger..

Candy: "It's not Adachi-san's Boxzilla, but I can definitely challenge that Hakosuka with the right upgrades.."

full

eventually.jpg

Candy: "What's this?"

Laps come through, and the little lady sights cars on a closed track.

Estranged, she investigated..

full

Candy: "I never thought I'd see something as rare as a 70s 911. Is it a.. no, how can it not?! That lip means it's the acclaimed Carrera RS.."

full

Candy: "Following a.. that's a 308 GTB? Thomas Magnum's own detective special?"

full

And the presence of these two gave her any a reason to shift up and get out of cruise mode, and into attack mode.

Candy: "I wonder if these are some of Rudeboy's associates on the expressways? Let's test them!"

Animal
Neon Trees
Habits

You know, there are an ample amount of firsts we've seemed to cover on this whole adventure we go through every week. Honestly, it's cars like these I'm expected to keep me alive these days unlike some of the lesser roster we run into. I'm surprised we're getting into tirades just to get everyone on your ass to get everyone to love you more. I'm not into this crap: I do more elegant work, only to not get such a reaction. Such is life: when they give you lemons, it's not everyone that gets the talent to make lemonade. I make lemon soap.

Jeez, calm down, Past SPD. It's like I've been seeing anger all over the place these days. It brings out the worst in me. And you can't spell SPD with worse. But now: soothing calm senses that come from the first ever homologation special to ever come to the public.

full

Odd right? Soothing, and calm. Quick disclaimer however: I know who I am.. the smooth criminal who drives a stock Miura comfortably, so this is quite a surprise really. I am expecting, from that same era, a car that wants to kick you in the ass, and make you feel good about it. But no. This car instead is the sort that makes you feel good akin to wearing socks on your slippers: not like you should, but who's saying you shouldn't. The Carrera RS is personally the only 911 I've grown to care, despite not being a Signature Car enough kind of love.. of which 2 911s are in this designation.

..and for those sniveling sinister planners, the cars I will write in this brand are plenty, being the Cayman GT4, 991.1 GT3 RS, and the younger brother Carrera RS (964) as Signature Cars, and MY favorite Porsche of all time being Paul Walker's coffin on wheels in the Carrera GT.

Gah, I am taking too much time away from the analysis. Soo, being a Mini Mexico Export, I'm going with my usual first step being brakes, and since we got here the closest thing to a race car: they are super duper. I mean, you will find no complaints, and their functionality is the closest thing to God you can feel when behind the wheel. It makes me think though that the idea of RennSport here in Gran Turismo is sort of like having a pseudo legendary in Pokemon: they cannot do you wrong despite existing to bridge the muggles with the Albus Dumbledores/Lord Voldemorts of Pokemon. You are going to get people complaining the RS Porsches are not road legal. Yes, they are, and you can pretty much put just about any car in this designation thanks to the sort of robust aftermarket parts choices you can do with a lot of the roster. In this original Carrera RS, you're going to find, in comparison to cars in its era, to be a rather grippy, simple to pickup classic car that I promise isn't out for you.

full

As stated earlier: the grip is an easy 8/10 great, but not perfect. You'll find the car will grip tightly on the turns, but any long lasting action will get you a mini-slide that'll get some grass on your ass wiht extended exposure. Now, with the context of classic sports cars, this is easy, but there are cases where you'd think otherwise. Say.. you let go of the accelerator mid corner. You're going to go sliding, and since this is an easy mode car, it's not going to end you. And on turn exits, well, the car's low power, and the fact that this is the glacier of the three variants we're getting, means that traction off the line is going to be the only time you should let the tires rip. And funny enough: the car is a decent drifter. I'd say the world is your oyster, but when I found you can't put dirt tires on a 911 era that has rallying in its bucket list, I can't say that honestly. I mean, you can rally the 992 GT3 RS for some reason, and look at all the moving parts on that beast!

I wonder if there's a sad remix of Nelly's Here Comes The Boom.

Speaking of rallying, it allows me to talk about the car's one main weakness that isn't acceleration: curbs. Even the sort of easy curbs in Kyoto Driving Park are a no-no for the car's 60:40 balance as the look of the car heading for a curb is an invitation to disaster. I think if you know a track that you want to learn but has lines that wants you to stay away from the curbs.. here's the keys, man. It's strange, because you can see the car staying high and mighty, and you can even play around with the braking to put those suspension physics in the work. What's more: for a car that's proclaimed to have downforce levels in real life, there's none of that in game as stated in the settings sheet. But you will swear that after driving this, it's at least 100 in the rear. I swear it too so you won't feel bad for thinking so.

Another weakness of this car is acceleration. I mean, to say this is a weakness is to compare it to its competition, which is exactly what I've found on Wednesday alone. While there are such odd lessons as 'the car is exceptionally fun in the rain and I completely recommend you have a go at it despite the whole shindig is SPD having a brain fart', the car has trouble having a grand show of power, be it on the straights or the sweeping turns. The factors come mainly to the low, non-aspirated power, to the tall gears. But considering the strengths and weaknesses I can find, I can say.. actually, it's kind of odd to say.. handling car? Because that's exactly the thought I have after seeing it fly though the corners as if it had that giant wing its successors 50 years down the line would be known for. Oh, and you do shift early this car, just about '3/4 ways of the shift light' kind of early shift.

I should get the transmission based techniques handled here: no worry for engine braking, no need to short shift in the corners, and you won't have much issue turning that means putting the power while turning isn't too necessary.

full

Now, I want to tackle something else.. what we have here is a car that is akin to skating on ice: perfect if you have the control done right, and it's hella delicate, darlings. But let's say the ice is from a different material rather than water.. where am I going? Well, considering the kind of person I am, I can answer that with anything and you'll be fine with it. I meant to revisit briefly what I said in Mini Mexico of the car, and come back to what we got here right now. In there: it's a man killer, plain and simple, even without the presence of a turbo. It's strange that it's really dangerous there, and here it's a graceful ice skating master.

Aww man, this breaking of worldly barriers is also reminding me of Cathedral Circuit. Jeez, screw that place.

And as laps fly, so does Candy's confidence, as a bad sector has her think..

full

Candy: "Try and try again.. those cars are on a whole different level."

Now back at the garage, Candy leaves her car to this new partnership to get to work on.

full

Candy: "Now that the dream team of Leo and Manh working on some Understeer upgrades, I wonder if there's someone else around and about for me to mess with."

As she believes right now being free, that whole idea came to ruin as soon as she noticed a quick surprise attack from behind..

Ayumi: "JYAAAN!"

Candy: "WAAAHH!"

On the floor now, Ayumi, towering above her, angrily remarks..

Ayumi: "Enjoyed your drive? SUCH A BETRAYAL OF YOUR DUTIES!! I'M GOING TO FIRE YOU FOR DOING SUCH A BAD JOB!!"

Candy: "WAAHHH!!"

But all that fury after all is a farce, as she then states..

Ayumi: "Nan-chatte! You did fine for a first timer, Candy-san. You passed. But.. how dare you speak up to me!"

Candy: "WAAHHHH!!!"

[sigh], never mind..

Though this time, the jokes end, as the energetic boss lady then inquires with her responses..

Ayumi: "3 in a row? Is 'WAAHHH' going to be the only words I get from you for the time being?"

Candy: "No, of course not. Get me up?"

After getting her off her back, the ladies then settle their debt..

Candy: "So, we're square, right?"

Ayumi: "Oh yes!"

The ladies then bow towards each other.

However the moment of quiet didn't quite last, as Ayumi has another thing to ask..

Ayumi: "So, umm.. it'd be nice if you can help us further, but my next couple of customers are driving real finicky classic cars. No offense, but we don't need you getting in our way on that."

Candy: "Rude! But well justified, so I'll let you have that."

As they begin to walk, Candy took a pause with the words presented earlier, mumbling..

Candy: "Finicky.. classic cars? Oh, I know what this is: a Porsche and a Ferrari?"

Ayumi: "You saw! Naughty naughty, ehehe."

Candy: "As Rin-san would like to say: Guiltyy~"

The impression of the one Japanese woman missing in the scene did give Ayumi a good chuckle as she remarked..

Ayumi: "Ahahaha! You've got her impression quite nicely! That will never get old from me.."

Candy: "To be honest, it's not hard. But you know how I feel about our Rin-san."

Ayumi: "Well.. come with me, then.. I have a.. GUUHEEEEHEEE!! Ohh, Candy-san, I know you don't understand, but.. these are big money from all the way in Texas, of the US. Rike apparently told them to come over, and all.. that man sure knows how to keep us on our toes!"

She can't mask her excitement, thought Candy.

Though, that wasn't the only thought to linger..

Candy: "Maverick.. Texans.. (I think I can see who's coming up).."

The ladies then arrive at the scene.

full

And in front stand a pair of Americans: a sickly thin one, and one with an enlarged personality.

Not willing to keep them waiting, Ayumi gets to work..

Ayumi: "Good afternoon! Welcome to Kuro Uma Autohaus! I'm the big boss of the establishment.. Tanaka Ayumi.. and.."

Putting her phone back into her handbag, Candy then noticed her hypothesis on who these Texans are being quite correct, as she quickly leaps in to hail..

Candy: "Hey look! The Scott brothers!"

Teddy: "Oh F-A-B-ulousss! Candy's here!"

Demetrius: "Well look at that cowpoke come on down like a ro-dee-O, Ted. Howdy, little one!"

The millionaire brothers put aside their professional side to greet a friend, which Ayumi then realized, but still find herself befuddled..

Ayumi: "Eh?"

Leaving her behind, the three began to get conversation rolling..

Candy: "So the Carrera RS is yours? Why would I be surprised?"

Demetrius: "That all our cars so far are straight up Ferraris and not something pe-tite and cute like a lightweight race bred 911? Come on, Candy.. you can do better than that!"

Teddy: "After the DeLorean, you can't expect her to predict what's next in our garage, Dimma."

Demetrius: "Stow it, Ted. I prefer she keep an open mind about what we bring to the track these days."

Candy: "I can gather.. Maverick brought you guys over? I mean, it had to be the only reason."

Teddy: "Ahhohohoho.. not quite. I've struck a deal with some major Japanese adult entertainment corporation. We're mostly here to seal the deal, but maybe a visit to some prospective investments can't hurt anyone, mmm?"

Demetrius: "Like he said. I'm on holiday, dogs! Mack's here on his own. Don't get any ideas!"

Teddy: "Might I add you are marvelously staying in the same hotel, perhaps same floor.. oohh, same room?"

Demetrius: "I said don't even, God DAMN IT, TED!"

The amount of banter among the group was unfortunately getting Ayumi feeling..

Ayumi: "Woww.. I'm soo left out!"

Candy: "Aww, Yumi-san. Don't say that. These are just some of my richer than rich friends of life. We ditch the work attitude for them. Umm, this one's Demetrius.. or Dimma if you like."

The heavy set fellow then waved, showing briefly the gleaming condition of his teeth and spectacles.

Demetrius: "Yup yup yup. I'm Dimma Scott! Umm.. here's my card. Wonder if you Japanese folk use cards too.."

She's handed a card, but has hesitations giving hers back. as she describes..

Ayumi: "Oooh.. you might not be able to read, though.."

Demetrius: "No biggie, darling. I got Candy for that."

Hearing her name without warranting got her to get a quick pause to precede the whole procession and lead to the pink haired queer man nearby..

Candy: "Let's not keep waiting mister Theodore. But call him Teddy."

Teddy: "Charmed, my dear. Nothing from me.. I've no business here."

And to finish off..

Candy: "Oil barons and sports investors. Brothers, literally made of money."

The brothers then decide to look about the place, and Demetrius asks, as he wonders of the service..

Demetrius: "So, what's on the menu? I'd say our cars need a GT Auto kind of service, but better."

Teddy: "Dimma? Dimma-darling? Is she alright?"

The brothers then notice the lady boss on the floor, and Candy then reassures..

Candy: "She's.. umm.. processing."

Demetrius: "She is? I know a bunch from Silicon Valley that can get you the best processors money can get you, but.. she's human, ain't she?"

As Ayumi gets up, Teddy gets to work with words that'll get her on her feet.

Teddy: "Ohh, Dimma, PLEASE. Take into consideration of the little lady's needs. Umm, you service, correct. Both our cars, please.. How's a starting fee of seventy thousand credits sound to you? No wait: I'll make it a hundred thousand.."

Those words however caused her to ooze to the floor..

Demetrius: "Yikes! She got hit by some kind of de-bone-ing ray or something!! You alright, pussy cat?"

Candy: "This is normal! R-right?"

She lays on the floor, money on her eyes as she whimsically cackled on..

Ayumi: "T-thank you for your patronage.. lalalala yeeeeee.."

Demetrius: "Here."

Laying an e-leaflet on the big presentation screen, Demetrius points to Candy of an upcoming race event.

While it is titled for the Historic Sports Car Masters, Candy's focus solely lies on the date..

Candy: "This is.. for tomorrow?"

Demetrius: "Yup. Just got a call last night, see? Our good pal Boniface's new race series featuring classic sports cars ain't kicking it here out East."

Now in business mode, the brothers put their worth on the table of the meeting room.

Teddy then continues..

Teddy: "Traction for that fabulous little shindig's gone wild all over Europe and especially in the US, but asides there we're not seeing any action. I'm shocked to see Japan: a brimming hub of car culture, not taking this offer seriously!"

Candy: "Well, Nippon's whole history with cars means there has to be some kind of mistake, like.."

Teddy: "Mistake? Money does not make mistakes, darling. Next slide."

From her chair, the little racer stood quickly as she saw..

Candy: "EHH?! No sign-ups?"

Sitting back down, she commented with disbelief..

Candy: "That can't be a glitch in the system, isn't it?"

Demetrius: "I'm afraid it ain't, Miss Candy. I don't wanna insinuate that the classic car scene in your country's dead, or maybe your folk are into technology so much you'd hate to go back to the stone age or something."

Candy: "Or that we like our cars not like what you see in Goodwood or in Laguna Seca."

Demetrius: "Bout we agree this be all in tandem."

Candy: "I guess in tandem."

Moving his way to the front of the screen, Teddy then explains..

Teddy: "We know there's more to it than just poor luck, Candy, darling. You're not wrong, but we don't want problems we probably have noted. We'd like solutions."

Candy: "Hmm.. what do you have in mind?"

Demetrius: "Use your head, toots! Does the presence of our cars ring a bell?"

A classic Porsche and Ferrari helped fill the blanks for her, as she then remarked intelligently..

Candy: "You want to participate?"

Demetrius: "Sure as sure can be. We're able enough to come over ourselves! And more importantly: we're not as well suited to win the race as you are, Miss Candy."

Candy: "Who's saying I'm going to be in the race?"

A tap on the man's head was an enough clue for Candy to began objecting..

Candy: "Oh no. Shut up. Shut up right now, before I figure.."

Demetrius: "Oh yes, we're hiring you. We caught wind of your car coming over and it's perfect!"

Unhappy with her R31 shaped plans being wedged from under, Candy complains..

Candy: "Do I get a say in this?"

Demetrius: "Ted, give me stats. Slides 15 to 34!"

As they lead to the first of these slides, Teddy explains..

Teddy: "95% chance of you saying YES. Do you want more economic analyses, darling? These are well crafted slides, I must say.."

Candy: "I'm more afraid to find out! I concede."

Demetrius: "Smart lady."

Teddy: "Aww, shame. I had so many graphs to showw~."

Demetrius: "Nothing like scaring to submission the illiterate with the power of your money making mind."

Teddy: "Ohho, well said, Dimma darling, well said."

Not wanting to let these men boss her about, the little racer momentarily becomes the little negotiator..

Candy: "Since you're so into making deals, can I have make an offer?"

Teddy: "So long as she's not taking all the winnings.. I'm all ears.. Dimma?"

Demetrius: "Me too! What'd you got in mind?"

Starting easy, Candy explains..

Candy: "You see, I got a 2 hundred thousand credits hole because of my new Skyline, soo.."

Demetrius: "BAM! Paid for. Easy. That it?"

Displeased with that lack of difficulty, Candy then puts a paused thought to good use as she notified..

Candy: "No.. I want to push it to the limit tomorrow. Since you two are racing, I want you to put up your A-game. Either Porsche or Ferrari up on the leagues, or the future of hiring me will be.. sour.."

The men really weren't ready, as Candy showed her inner smug Anya while watching them talk among each other..

Teddy: "Oh my. It's a challenge. Excuse me, darling.. can you explain?"

Candy: "Oh! Umm.. Think you're up for it? Kyoto Driving Park opens till midnight. You have.. about 8 hours to convince me that I'm going to have a good time. Because I too spent some money on Understeer products.."

The brothers huddle..

Demetrius: "It's tough making this BAM, Ted."

Teddy: "I know, brother. I know. But it is a fabulous opportunity for us to level up."

And with that done, they face the lady and announce..

Demetrius: "You know what: we're in. Ted, you tell them."

Teddy: "Fabulous!"

As Teddy makes his exit, Candy wasn't quite ready with what follows from them, asking..

Candy: "Tell them? Tell them what?"

Demetrius: "That you're getting your ass a good spanking.. no relevance to you being a fine lady and all."

Her mind screams to her: she's being taunted, and she can't let that slide, as she begins to boast..

Candy: "You really think you can stand up to ME? I have trophies! I have nicknames! I have a record streak! I am.. am.."

The moment to let one's loose however turned as she thought..

..it's yet another chance for her to shine with the people she has at least a smidge of care about.

Candy: "..quite glad for an opportunity like this."

Demetrius: "Way to crash and burn on that, Miss Candy."

Turning away, ashamed perhaps, she explains..

Candy: "I don't get chances to run classic cars at all until I met people like Boniface.. like his Grace Lysander the fifth. And you! I should be happy, but pride gets in the way."

The heavy set fellow however thought of it as kind of a way for her to grow, as he comes by to comfort her..

Demetrius: "There there. I don't care what you think, but when I saw you think this with a happy face, I'm sold! Now, for this race, me and Ted's gonna cover any costs running and you bunch smashing. And as Ted knows how to manipulate his pals as I can with money, there's quite a bunch already signed up, actually. You have a look.."

Candy: "Umm.."

She takes a quick look to the screen, now showing the slide that shows registrar entries..

..but this time, what was zero now became something at around 10s, rising slowly..

Candy: "You're using my word.."

And at the top of this list are..

Candy: "You grabbed just about anyone I know of and so happen to bring a classic car they own or have access of?"

Demetrius: "That's all Ted's idea, by the way. It's so sinister, even I'm afraid!"

As he shook off some sense of shivers in his spine, Candy however did feel the presence of the queer millionaire at play..

Candy: "It's working.. I'm sort of hooked, Mr. Scott."

Putting on her stern face, she reveals..

Candy: "Okay, you know if this was how the roster was going to be, I was already in without the scary board meeting presentations.."

Demetrius: "It was a gamble, missy. Speaking of gamble.. tomorrow, there will be investors watching the race. They want to see if historic car cups have a thing they can promote. Perhaps a deal with Goodwood, or them one make sissies.."

Candy: "You really REALLY set this one up?"

Demetrius: "A Scott brother double team, that is. We're not expecting an instant return on this one, but if all the forecast is done right, we might as well get rich blinking! Hehahahaah! Or not."

Candy: "Grim."

the news day.jpg

Ready for a nice calm race, Candy exits the nearby hotel, wanting to unfurl..

Candy: "Good morning, world. Time to.. to.."

full

..but sees an unwanted broken down car, quoting from her thoughts.

Candy: "Distracting. Already broken down at this time of day?"

Knowing whose car this is, Candy has the words as he approaches the men around the car's flat 6.

Candy: "Mister Scott?"

Demetrius: "Morning, Miss Candy. Seems to me something's gone iffy in my Porsche. Lucky I got this guy to take a peek."

Red cap worn backwards screams Rudeboy, as Candy looks over.

She notes the amount of tools about, hinting to her the amount that's been done already, as she speaks..

Candy: "I hope nothing needs replacing."

Demetrius: "Me too! Unless Mack's tuner pals has spare parts for a 50 year old flat six, I'm f[BLEEP]ed!"

However, the handy bomb expert then stands back up, and announces some news.

Rudeboy: "Whew.. surprised you didn't see the leak last night? Ahh, I fix your tubes, and now the blue mother f[BLEEP]er's going to need some air and also new coolant. Hmm.. I check first if have spare, okay?"

Demetrius: "Y-you do that, you beautiful beautiful b-word, you!"

As Rudeboy walks out of the scene, there's only one person left to talk to, she thinks.

It eventually led to it being her next move.

Candy: "Peculiar. Have any idea how it happened?"

Demetrius: "Well, we were so ingrained in practice all day, I forget my car's been leaking the aqua pura! I mean, I'm lucky it didn't explode on me! It seemed okay this morning, I start up the engine, then this Vietcong guy coming up on my window, told me there's steam coming out!"

Candy: "Mercenary like him comes with good eyes, you know?"

Demetrius: "It's a good thing he also has this know how to mess with an engine it seems."

Candy: "He an illegal engine supplier. It makes sense. And you can say he's handy at those, or bombs."

Demetrius: "I hope you aren't handy with THAT kind of work."

Not quite as handy as a certain chunk of the roster, Candy shares honestly..

Candy: "Least I know how to swap a tire, but if you look at me, I'm sure you figured little ol' me got some trouble reaching a larger car's inner workings."

Demetrius: "That's what pals like me, you and that Vietcong kid are for!"

Candy: "Hmm.. I agree."

Speaking of Vietcong, the not quite rude fellow then re-enters, with a bottle filled at the ready.

With a grin, he announces with joy..

Rudeboy: "Take a look! You are one lucky lucky mother f[BLEEP]er, you know?"

Demetrius: "AHAHA, why thank you kindly, good sir."

Rudeboy: "I'm ready for a pay day, mother f[BLEEP]ers! Oh, and can you find anyone from the Autohaus? They might know if they've touched something funny like."

Candy: "I thought you have her card.. well.. alright, it's fair you can't read. I have their number."

Rudeboy: "Thanks, Glace."

later 4.jpg

Now about the hotel entrance, this strange pair with differing dimensions stand about there, awaiting certain people.

full

Candy notes Demetrius acting a little tense, as she asks..

Candy: "We should wait here.. you okay, Mr. Scott?"

Demetrius: "Oh, yeah. Sure! I mean.. I have potential shareholders watching us race. Swear the meetings are going to get rowdy when they mention my Porsche taking the likes of you. Or worse if it breaks down!"

She's prone too to this kind of behavior, but now on the other side, she tries to calm the heavy set fellow..

Candy: "This isn't your day job.. think of it as another track day with the board of directors."

Demetrius: "I'd like to think so too, but Ted's also on track.. we both handle different sides of the family businesses, see.."

Candy: "That so?"

Demetrius: "Yup!"

They may be brothers, but if there's one thing brothers do, they tussle, as the little racer starts to piece together..

Candy: "And... ohh, it's like on Goodwood and Tsukuba that time: you seem to be quite competitive with your brother?"

Demetrius: "That's right too! Brothers do fight, be it in our line of work or in sport. There are times it ain't so, but that's not today!"

Candy: "And with today.. I hope your Porsche's able to run.."

Demetrius: "Don't sweat: your friend's competent, I can confidently say."

Candy: "I don't doubt him, whether if it's with cars or bombs. You know: was wondering.. you inherit the car, or.."

Demetrius: "Bought it. From some organization of party goers in Mexico! Car's got miles, but I swear it runs like it ran off the factory floor."

Taking out his top spec smartphone, he scrolls through folders and finds the car's papers and registrations, eventually showing it to Candy..

Demetrius: "Had me a scan of the car's papers, and it goes back to this.. hardy bunch, goes by the name: Car of The Week."

While the first she's heard of this name, her gut tells her she's strangely related, leading to her asking further..

Candy: "Car of The Week? That.. sounds fun? Fun? I can't judge them by name alone.. but at least it piques me curious. You have.. umm.."

Demetrius: "Afraid not. Don't seem like they're the money kind of bunch. Sorry, you're on your own.."

However, as Demetrius plans to share more, that gets interrupted as he spots the orange clad Dutchman walking towards the parking lot.

Demetrius: "Excuse me.. yo! Mr. Car-to-the-Lyle! Wait a sec!"

And now alone, Candy's mind is on one thing, looking it up on her smartphone..

Candy: "Car of The Week.. not even a social media presence?! Gruuh.. I'll find them one day."

Back to the Driving Park as noon passes, a roster of racers line up for a classic bout.

full

And as the lights turn green, the hope of not breaking down starts to envelop the racers as the short race begins.

Animal (Instrumental)
Neon Trees
Habits

full

It's such a sublime classic to drive and experience, I keep asking: when cars are near to perfect as they are, why do I have to take it up a notch with Tuner's? I'm afraid it's part of my charm.. I mean.. the contract I signed.. with myself.. that only I can read.. which none of you should be able to access unless you're me on the week I nominated the Hakosuka.

full

The best answer I can give is that.. well, I guess because it's part of a script I established from Week 1. Yes, this is a dishonest SPD right here. So.. what do you want to do to kick the car up a level?

To say swaps are a blessing or a curse would be quite true for a car like this. The Rennsport earns a right to receive the twin-turbocharged flat 6 from the rallying monster that is the 959. Umm, it's an easy pass considering the car still looking sickly thin to handle that bonus power, and how nice the whole thing drives with its original powerplant. It does possibly solve the acceleration problems the car might have, so you have that to consider.

Now, what problems do we have here? I hate curbs is one, the others include a rear happy setting that juts out notably when in the middle of a turn. It's manageable, but let's manage it without worry. It might be a classic, but I don't have any issues putting wide kits on the car or a better aerodynamic profile. Like most cars in this age range, it's kind of mandatory to have all that extra work in for more power.

full

Suspension time. Now, usually, I would go for a hard rear. In this car, that can't be any more wrong. I even had to look up what tuners are going for this, and there's nothing hard in the back on any of their setups. Though, what you want to gun for to solve the initial problems is a slightly taller front, a mostly equal damping ratio that's low as it is, and then notch that rear down a little bit. Camber is some other place I touch, with 3 as a minimum on the back.

Differential needs some tweaking? I know what you want from me. Put up braking to a middle-high value, something like at least 40. It'll keep the car happy and going where you want on the turns, notably with the suspension we messed with earlier. If nothing goes your way, keep experimenting. This is going to be more critical if you.. say.. put the car at 600 PP. It can do that, and it's something, I assure you. It's like.. umm.. a cruel kid?

full

Since it's quite a light car, you can play around with the ballast if you like to have a less rear happy experience. Giving it a 55:45 is a difference already if you think your suspension setup is giving a reaction akin to getting your genitalia in the toaster. If you want more rear, why am I stopping you? This car's a fine drifter, and you have the choice to make it work that rear even more. Shame about that 'unable to rally' nonsense though..

Final note: I keep the car's gears nice and tight with a large bunch for early. It's for those who put power in and not use TC to launch. I mean, a car like this doesn't have TC. It also explains my ratchet way of starting racer, alright: screw TC like Bathurst.. if I have to use it, it means I'm desperate. That usually comes with cars that are out of this world, by the way.

full

"Around the first turn, and things are starting to take shape!"

full

Demetrius: "That R31 has gone up a level like your share's up 2% on the stock market! Or is the girl inside THAT fired up for her pay day?"

full

Carlyle: "With these new suspension, Big Bird's ready to hunt!"

Teddy: "That's a NASCAR Superbird.. the way it's taking those turns is.. simply divine."

full

Ayumi: "Just the news I need that they're pulling no punches. HRRGGG, I'll show them quick!"

full

Hideki: "T-that's one of those touring cars from the 90s, right??"

Rudeboy: "The Dragon is here, little mofo!"

full

Candy: "Come now.. the only way you're getting me is if you cheat."

full

Maverick: "That civvie's got some balls racing THAT around."

Carlyle: "DS 21 Pallas? You for real? Against Big Bird?! You's got a death wish, punk?"

Teddy: "Cute won't win you racer, my two cents, hmm?"

full

Rudeboy: "F[BLEEP]ing A!"

Hideki: "Okay: I'm sold.. that is the fastest Volvo wagon in the world.."

full

Maverick: "Dimma's doing good! Wonder what motivated him?"

full

Ayumi: "Deki-san.. I'll show you something, you watch out!"

full

Teddy: "Tsk tsk.. I like this racing stuff. Now I see why Sonny Meng's in it.."

Carlyle: "Gay boy's got an upgrade.. but I brought Big Bird. Let's get it down!"

full

Demetrius: "Jumpin Jehoshaphat, she's fast."

full

Teddy: "I'm gonna pay you a hundred credits to f[BLEEP] off, Mack.."

Maverick: "Whoa there! I am restricting you to be behind me, Ted!"

full

Maverick: "Train formation! Man! If only we got communicators.."

Carlyle: "Looks to me we's got a choo choo cruise coming about here.."

full

Hideki: "This is 200 KM/H!! That S800 is.. iss.. oh my goodness!!"

full

Hideki: "What just happened?!"

full

Ayumi: "That small fry's spooked the Mercedes? Whoa.. calm.. calm.. now I'm getting the heebie jeebies! Uhh.. calm.."

full

Candy: "Ohh, looks like those men are going to get in my way for the next Candy Lam trophy cabinet resident. Eh?! I wonder if Minori-chan's rubbing her men hating off on me.."

full

Rudeboy: "There is a dragon slayer, and it's THAT S800 motherf[BLEEP]er.."

full

Maverick: "Away with you, big guy! Next.. the rookie!"

Demetrius: "Ohh, damn it, Mack! The board is going to eat me alive.."

full

Ayumi: "Is that a.. French sedan? Racing with us? Strange.. I wonder if the owner might come to the shop for.. more exposure."

full

Maverick: "I'm taking this race, rookie!"

Candy: "I'm not letting you smell me this time, Maverick!"

full

Hideki: "Self reminder.. talk about that S800, see if it's one of our customers, or some real daredevil.."

full

Demetrius: "YOU AIN'T GONNA GET ME THIS TIME, TED!"

Teddy: "HISSS! I NEED MORE POWER!"

full

Carlyle: "Big Bird feels good today. There's my victory parade settled in fifth place for.."

full

Hideki: "Volvo's done!"

Rudeboy: "KWEK! I hope nobody on the expressway gang's watching today.."

full

Candy: "I.. have no regrets for this purchase. At all! OH! Have to give Leo his five stars.."

full

Ayumi: "AAHHH!! WHAT IS THAT?!"

full

Ayumi: "I'm not letting some flea make mince meat of ME! Else, Jake-san wouldn't hear the end of it!"

full

Candy: "Chalk one more win for me. Ohh, that was some contest.. I likey."

full

As the sun comes down, the crowd start to dissipate, and the track returns to normal after some clearing of the roads.

Standing by the main atrium, Candy settles on some of the chairs there, going through her social media..

Candy: "Oh wow."

Rudeboy: "What trouble you have now, Glace?"

Candy: "I've never gotten so much invites to certain vintage car groups. They are in love with how I brought the R31 coupe to victory."

She puts her phone aside, and now puts her perspective on her old racing partner, who seems to be acting quite calm for finishing second to last.

Thinking to help him cope, she speaks with thought..

Candy: "I know you had a bad time, Manh, but.."

Rudeboy: "Don't worry about me, mofo Candy. My skills on the twisty turny roads is still something for Dragon of Da Nang to get a grip on, no pun intend. Wife would lambast me if I break the car, so me surviving is a win."

Candy: "Think you can call it a wake up call? I swear, there was a time you always presume you're ahead of me at all times."

Rudeboy: "Sure! I mean.. let's go with that."

As they remain quiet for a while, footsteps were heard, and from there: two men walk in, being the other two that consists of the race's podium finish.

Candy: "Hey guys. Any news of our little soiree?"

Maverick: "Socials are going haywire, rookie! Cockpit view of my signature Clubman killer Challenger be trending! Not millions trending, but it's good."

Candy: "I'm sure you got a good view of my backside."

Pretending to be teasing with her rear, Maverick did however get baited to a furious reply..

Maverick: "God DAMN it, rookie! I'd discipline you for that!"

She playfully hides behind the trophy placed nearby, and proclaims..

Candy: "Since I'm the winner, I get all the rights to be the bad girl."

Demetrius: "You hear that, Mack? She gets to talk s[BLEEP] with all justification."

Rudeboy: "Wasted."

With the burning about, Maverick joins them in the chairs, with Demetrius following suit.

Candy, now out of hiding, then asks..

Candy: "How's your day going, Dimma? Third place?"

Demetrius: "Swell as swell can be! Shareholders are eating my investment dry! Me and Ted.. we knew this was easy money!"

Candy: "And the good position?"

Demetrius: "Winning's just a bonus. By the way, Ted's got your bonus ready. He's waiting for you by the pit lane."

With curiosity in his head, Maverick however had to ask..

Maverick: "Why him, and not you, Dimma sir?"

Demetrius: "Brothers got a wager, and the loser gets to pay Candy's bonus. Life is good, YEAH!"

Rudeboy then adds, with this action..

Rudeboy: "Wow, after this morning work, mother f[BLEEP]ing money's not an issue with these guys?"

Maverick: "Say you get a chance to work for them, you better say hecking yes."

Candy: "I made them a deal, Maverick, and due to their solid results, it pretty much secured my want to work with them again. Money be darned."

As Candy ready to leaves with her trophy, Demetrius has something to say..

Demetrius: "One more thing, miss Candy?"

Candy: "Yeah?"

Demetrius: "You drive good, and I'd be lying to say I am not interested. Maybe Ted and I can consider sponsoring you if you're in the mud."

Candy: "Ohh, you better talk to Hamza about that."

Eyes opened up, he replies with great interest..

Demetrius: "Hamz sponsors you?! Well, that's news! And an idea brews.."

meanwhile.png

Now by the pit lane, it's quiet..

Too quiet..

However, Candy isn't quite into those cliches and murmured to herself..

Candy: "After Teddy pays me, this Skyline's already been paid off! Ohh, my luck is grand at times!"

However, before she even realizes it, wrestling memes have entered the discussion, as a certain announcement begins to play..

"And look at Teddy Scott, slithering in.."
"Watch out, WATCH OUT, WATCH OUT!!"
"OHH AN RKO!!"

In a blink and you miss it moment, Candy finds herself on the floor, hit by someone landing a jumping cutter slam.

This man responsible kips up, and then announces through microphone handed to him from off screen..

Teddy: "I apologize, but to be frank, I won't.. it wouldn't be Fabulous of me to remain infuriated, so you'll have to do to cool off my steam."

A now soothed gay millionaire then puts softly a metal case, and releases its hinges, revealing the credits he's owed.

Just as he starts to strut away with this sudden heel turn, Candy had one peek before laying down, coping with the pain of an RKO out of nowhere as she then mumbles, watching her trophy roll about..

Candy: "Aaaaaa.. how dare you.. aaa..."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It started this trend of race ready classic cars, so.. just like in Mini Mexico, this is a very easy Sleeper, but with a different line of reasoning this time around.

Anyone having trouble with classic cars need no worry, for this is the one you should head in. It's not quick on the straight, but it'll serve anyone well if you need something peppy on.. Tsukuba, be it WASHING AWAY THE ANGER or not. Just one of those investments you should do for a pleasant drive with something older than your mama.

Screw Cathedral Circuit.

So, it's one of those weeks where Candy doesn't get in the car of the week. I mean.. it has to be, or she's already driving the likes of certain Formula open wheelers.. something I restrict real heavily.

Something to note: I had a dream the night before the nomination of this Porsche that the Nissan Fairlady Z (RZ34) would be the next car. It's odd and out of the way, but I guess it needed mention for some reason. It's also a Signature Car I hinted from.. I think Week 11?

Lot of the lesser side characters on the show today. There's a bunch I'm looking at to include more frequently. Most notably being a pair of Texans from the Sport Era. Hmm..

With my motivations on a funny place, I thought I'd never write the Scott Brothers again, but here we are: me proven very wrong on that, considering Demetrius meant to have this car.. what do you mean it's not on his biography? That's the thing with the Scotts: they're one of those characters where you can't quite measure what kind of cars they have about. This is a trait shared with the insa-not so insane Irishman Murph.

Getting increasingly cheeky with the references. The more I learn about people here, the more I am going to insert their traits into the story. Letting Candy get a hint of the Car of The Week in universe presence (that I'm sure still exists, I mean, come on lah) might open a door for something I might be able to do in the future with the regulars around. I mean, present SPD says I need to expand! But I'm not anticipating anything of this developing. That makes me sad. And sad makes me mad. And mad makes me.. umm.. I need another word that rhymes..

This week's roster wheelspin winner was Maverick Martinez.

As the main character, Candy Lam is bound to appear in every segment, be it either as the lead role, or as a small mention.

The infamous Sweet Toothed Lone Wolf of Asia, or known worldwide as Le Glace Pacer. While her social presence is significantly poor, her presence on the track hasn't been short of perfection, now under the pressures of being a monetary source of higher powers, as well as her role being the most prime form of woman racers.. But don't let her hear that.

Theme Song: Def Leppard - Bad Actress
Racing Duel Music: Def Leppard - Nine Lives
Nationality: Hong Kongese
Current occupation: Professional racecar driver
Distinct features: Long, clean, straight ashen hair tied to a ponytail via traditional red braids. A stiff, stoic Asian beauty that starts to show sign of wrinkling, covered by heavy layers of makeup. Thin, rounded diamond face, with various beauty signs of it being worked on unnaturally, especially her unblemished small snub nose, heavily lipsticked mouth and thin brown Asian eyes. Short body with small proportions.
Choice of clothing: Typical modern glossy sleveless Hong Kong dress, but 90% she will have her favorite on, that's in blood red with a white bauhinia pattern on, with matching sandals. Most of her clothes and themes come in red or white.
Cars: Toyota GR Yaris 1st Edition RZ "High Performance", MINI Cooper S, Honda NSX Type R '02, Mazda Demio XD Touring

Even though she's a proud Hong Kongese, Candy is actually born in high society Tokyo, and more exposed to living in a usual Japanese lifestyle. An only child, it was easy to find herself spoiled rotten from a young age, getting what she wants and not caring how it got there, thanks to wealth she inherits strongly. Her father notably was an executive in Toyota's racing division.

A target in her younger ages, Candy's early life was full of trouble from others that are against her being a Hong Kong native in Japan. She never made any friends as a result, and this loner habit of hers remained even after changing schools, going so far to even give her a new alias. While her parents have a strong standing in the society she lived in, she remained in their shadow, because she couldn't find comfort out of it.

Upon reaching her adult days, Candy's first 'milestone' would come when an incident in a high class event caused her to run, leading to a manic police car chase spanning several weeks before she was arrested. The victim of these events would have deep ties with various Yakuza families. While her parents retreated to Hong Kong, Candy stayed in Japanese prison, learning that if nothing needs to come her way, she needs to learn something she initially dreaded to do: manipulate the human mind, a state of thought she was once a victim of.

After her sentence, she regained her freedom, and it didn't take long that was noticed by the city's largest street racing community. Still with her inherited wealth, she started off strong in the streets. Years then pass, in which she eventually proves herself as a top competitor for racing in many top endurance races worldwide.

While her fans are out there in many parts around for being a woman dominating a man's sport, she's not exactly a great social interactor, and is a nobody outside the racing community. With many questions still left unanswered, maybe there are more ulterior motives with the unsanctioned blue MINI project..

A shy but determined prospective artist with a variety of talents thanks to his smarts and willingness to learn. Now handling a tuning shop, he's eager to keep his craft fresh by travelling around the world.

Theme Song: Gorillaz - O Green World
Racing Duel Music: Cheap Trick - Everything Works If You Let It
Nationality: Japanese
Current occupation: Tuning shop co-owner
Distinct features: Short spiky black hair above an oval face. Small, brown wide set eyes, thin almond nose and unpronounced mouth. Faint presence of freckles under the eyes. Always with a skin repair bandage on some part of his face due to acne. Bright skin. Average height and build.
Choice of clothing: Always with large rounded glasses, but is transitioning to contacts due to racing more often. Usually with a combo of a tight t-shirt with a buttoned up jacket/thick jacket based on the season. The lower body is always covered with sports slacks and sneakers.
Cars: Toyota 86 GRMN

Kyoto native Hideki was born into the world without much of a tale. Him and his two sisters lives has been mostly within the city, specifically nearby the cherry blossoms of the temples and shrines around. His early life come to following the footsteps of his scientist father: a man with dreams to make it big within the fields of life preservation. But a quick look concludes that he really only inherited his father's geeky and fast learning nature.

Despite that, the children were more into the arts, inspired by the natural beauty of japan. The sisters moved to being a pop star and actress respectively. Hideki took on arts and crafts, coming from his interest in doodling from a very young age, and reading manga. Strangely, his favorite manga consists of those with cars in them, especially Speed Racer. This doodling eventually gave way to his skills in precision sketching he uses today.

Coming into university with a stellar portfolio, Hideki's time on the side came to bolstering his interests. He bought a guitar and started earning on the side performing for small venues, and took on requests for sketching. And the moment he could, he earned his driver's license. While his muse and art are doing great, he gained a desperation to fill in his want to drive, not willing to save for a car. This led him to the racing community of university undergraduates, often mistaken for stalking the woman leading it: Ayumi Tanaka.

A small scuffle between local hotshots and universities wanting to show dominance in the racing groups caused the otherwise unremarkable and shy Hideki to raise his voice. A challenge was coming, and he had weeks to prepare. This is where it started with meeting and eventually bonding with future girlfriend Ayumi. In the end, he overcame it barely, and earned an inner drive to race, and respect in the local racing scene.

Over time, he graduated, and started a tuning shop with his girlfriend. Still together, and also strong on his side hustles, Hideki's main thought today stemmed from a pivotal meeting with an American in Gion, whose dark side seems to keep getting darker.

An easily excitable young lady, who doubles as a young major art graduate and a master of Mazda's rotary cars, this energetic little bubble opened a small JDM tuner shop with her boyfriend to an initially mild, then great enough success, leading them to journey all over the world to expand their horizons.

Theme Song: The Bangles - Everything I Wanted
Racing Duel Music: Girlschool feat. Motorhead - Please Don't Touch
Nationality: Japanese
Current occupation: Tuning shop owner
Distinct features: Medium-long, curly black hair tied as a ponytail. Semi sharp oval face. Large, wide green eyes, narrow aquiline nose and a small mouth that can truly expand when she gets excited. Average height, slightly underweight with average proportions.
Choice of clothing: Western influenced dailywear, usually in the form of a crop top and rolled up jeans. Colder climates prompt her to wear a single size winter jacket over it. Usually has a cap or beanie with the kanji Ayumi on it.
Cars: Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD), Mazda RX-7 GT-X (FC)

With an origin from Kyoto, Ayumi is an only child whose upbringing mainly comes from her family's traditionalist views. She didn't mind it at all, as it would mean her life would be family oriented as she grew up. Her father: a traditional calligraphy expert, endlessly suggested his only daughter to move on to the future, but always remember the past: a statement she can't let go of, as it moved towards her leaning for a certain car with a certain engine..

What set her inspiration for her hobbies was a visit to the Mazda Museum in Hiroshima, seeing the roster of Mazda's cars was a passion after the first visit, and it became an annual thing for her. She would eventually get her first Mazda from a wealthy and generous relative in the form of a classic FC RX-7 GT-X. Her peers in university would often see it shake up the track, as she learned to drive and race at the same time. Years in her freshman university days are appropriated to her winning similar class races of various scale, earning her the moniker of Rotary Queen.

With an on track name, she somehow got a bit of attention, good or other wise. Notably, she made a name when clashing with some local Kyoto racers over their heads. It went in her favor thanks to a man who stood up for her: her future boyfriend Hideki. While he didn't impress from the outside, his heart convinced her enough to connect them. Time passes, and with their art majors completed, they would head into finding work. If it weren't for a certain dark horse, who she would idolize and cement his fame in Japan through his unofficial fan club, it would never lead them to their small but eventually flourishing tuning garage based in Fuji.

While her boyfriend Hideki is quite the introvert, Ayumi is a most definitive opposite, having a booming voice, a metabolism for high speeds and gets excitable really easily. And her name as Rotary Queen starts to grow as she would try to get behind the wheel of every rotary powered car she can, eyeing on a new RX car Mazda has been conceptualizing.

The newest member of infamous street racers The List so happens to be one country bumpkin that puts his charm above all else to any sweet talking, pretty lady he finds, whether they like it or not.

Theme Song: The Alan Parsons Project - Psychobabble
Racing Duel Music: Cinderella - The More Things Change
Nationality: American
Current occupation: Stunt actor
Distinct features: Blonde hair, often slicked upwards to a folded twirl, revealing his charmed, rugged diamond face. Small green eyes behind medical sunglasses, with a chubby hook nose and a wide mouth that drastically puts a nasty idea to his often showing grin. Average height, with slightly wide profile. Skin is blemished in many places. Always chewing wheat.
Choice of clothing: Never consistent, but it's always action oriented. He can be wearing a tank top, to army fatigues. His lower body usually has khakis and combat boots. Has an affinity for orange. Wears special sunglasses due to an incident that damaged his eyesight.
Cars: Plymouth Superbird, DeTomaso Mangusta, Maserati Merak SS

This ravishing, but honest down to earth lover was born from a long line of the first Dutch immigrants to America of the 19th Century. Being a rural countryman of Illinois descent, Carlyle hasn't been of note in the racing world. But everyone around him know this man can get into the career without issue, as he's got the moves thanks to his long experience as a prime stunt actor of a small Los Angeles movie studio: Aurea Signum Studios. And one mantra that follows would be how that studio never fakes their stunts. Carlyle specializes in the vehicular aspect of this, notably, aside from women, he gets his arousing fix through high speed chases.

How Carlyle manages this is due to his family's ties with the classic car communities all over America. He's never without his Superbird ever since he turned 16, and it's always seen nearing 200 MPH. No doubt this would lead to how he's a frequenter to the police stations all over the nation, taking chances to just woo at just about any woman he sees within. Most commonly, that would be in central Los Angeles, where his own mother works at, and he would meet a significant link: a Japanese officer living in America, who has ties with the most infamous street racer in the nation.

A night stint of The List was interfered when Carlyle made their legendary speedster sweat with nitrous behind them. Not only did it get him a spot on The List, codenamed "Hot Shot" as per their rules, but he would prove invalauble as team support, along with being a creative thinker stemming from his army cadet youth, especially if he'd be deluded to say women were on the line.

In fact: a figure such as he somehow carries major weight in the underworld, particularly being the man to go to procure older cars, be it a used car or a Hagerty appraised classic. There are strong suggestions his role in the classic car communities are just a front for smuggling, but rumors remain as rumors.

Prime model US Marine that has served his nation in so many ways, you'd lose count. A known adrenaline junkie and jack-of-all-trades, Maverick's always on the prowl for new experiences to add to this growing dossier of his, racing now the newest target on his sights.

Theme Song: Celldweller - Louder Than Words
Racing Duel Music: Motörhead - Runaround Man
Current occupation: U.S. Marine
Distinct features: Blonde upswept, short spiky hair. Wide diamond face. Scruffy, thin 5 o'clock shadow. Sleek round blue eyes, thin straight nose and small, straight mouth. Tattoos on his arms with army based symbols. Slightly tall build with a fit, well built body.
Choice of clothing: He's never without a shoulder mounted radio and his dogtags around. But in the public, he's often with a leather jacket, thick leather cap and combat boots, wearing a combo of a tight t-shirt or tank top, with khakis or jeans under.
Cars: Dodge Challenger R/T, Chevrolet Corvette (C4) ZR-1

Born Mack Martinez of Alabama, Maverick was the runt child of a small, well handled family that stands strong in the persisting cultural Alabaman historical preservation society, specifically on the Civil Rights movement. As white and blonde as any white skinned supremacy is, Mack as a child is often targeted by those who oppose his family's work defending the American racial equality, while being a child of semi Hispanic descent. If there was one thing Mack was taught, it was to defend his rights and thus it's known that he as a youth was violent and rather unforgiving in defense of his beliefs.

Though, all this trouble enabled an inner violent self, one day he went too far and got involved in vigilantism, attacking known racists and related to those who would torment him in his youth. Nothing was subtle, leading to an arrest, and the officer in charge gave him a proposition rather than jail time: forced servitude to the US Marines. Changing his name to Maverick, he would later find himself positioned in the army to escape the stresses of his home, even though they hailed his presence as a hero rather than a villain. These initial years, Maverick underwent therapy, keeping that inner violence in check with discipline taking it over: a milestone to his favorable, supportive personality he adopts to today.

While life was rough, Maverick would be paired up with some other volunteers, eventually being the closest thing he has as good friends. These would include a dark skinned senator to be, a keen virtuoso doubling as all American patriot, and a young mentally traumatized man of shade. By the end of their service, they would part ways, with Maverick opting to stay in the marines, believing that the rights of his nation were the most important thing to him. A long decade has passed since, and after being discharged honorably as the greatest sergeant around, he returned home as a hero.

Now married to an international flight pilot, Maverick's often alone and in peace with his violent past, but as a result, gets easily bored. After trying out various hobbies to test his fitness and agility, he would get into motorized sports, such as stunt flying, paragliding, and various other sports and activities. Known around his local neighborhood as a jack-of-all-trades, Maverick's newest venture would be in racing cars, usually behind the wheel of a Challenger with roots in Trans Am. However, this all stems mainly from him finding out one of his squadmates eventually became The Outlaw of infamy.

Big oil man Demetrius might be in many ways big, be it a big personality, giving big fat checks, a big weight set, or also a big heart, even. A herald of big opportunities, big money is the game he plays, and he will take a mile to achieve it.

Theme Song: David Bowie - Oh You Pretty Things
Current occupation: Oil tycoon
Distinct features: Straight, combed down medium blonde hair. Wide square face with thin almond green eyes, a thick roman nose, and stiff semi-thick lips. Mild showing of wrinkling over always oiled up face. Tan skin. Above average height with wide set build.
Choice of clothing: Whatever the ocassion, he will wear it, be it a texan business outfit, casual hawaiian with shorts, or a t-shirt with slacks. But they're always with a platinum colored top over silver bottoms. Never without his signature, expensive white cattleman cowboy hat.
Cars: Ferrari 512BB, Ferrari F8 Tributo, Porsche 911 Carrera RS (901)

Born one of the 2 from a rich Texan oil magnate, Demetrius knew wealth wasn't going to be a problem as he grew. Raised appropriately to ensure the money is kept in family hands, his focus in life comes in the form of his little brother, who would grow to be an eccentric queer king of his own kingdom. Demetrius, who prefers a simple life, kept telling himself: 'life is good, but I can always make it better'. As a result of embedding these ideals, he eventually taught himself that money is the ecstasy of life, despite all the allures wealth tends to bring ruin to those that hold it. Growing up without much hassle, Demertrius developed himself as this self loving, rowdy individual who don't mind sharing the happiness around.

Sticking to his guns as the successor of a large Texan based oil corporation, Demetrius got straight into the business as soon as he's finished his master's degree in business. Troubled by close family issues, and especially his little brother's drug habits, Demetrius took his money across the Atlantic and went to an old family friend. Also in some trouble financially, he pitched in and held shares, leading to the revival of the Kirkham Foundation. His brother healed, and his family in good standing, he then was playfully known as Dimma, for bringing the light to this dark age.

Feeling good about this outcome, Demetrius then on considered growing his monetary gains with others in mind. As a suggestion from the Kirkham Foundation's board, he found investing in sports to be a good place to start. Starting off with gaining ownership in various football leagues and teams, he went on to ventures in motorsports, prominently as the main sponsor of one of America's number 1 racers: an egotistical half Singaporean.

The success story of one who holds all the cards for worldwide entertainment enterprise All4Fun LLC. A strange, feminine man who knows how to play the money in his way that'll satisfy his dirty pleasures and bank account.

Theme Song: Freddy Mercury - Mr. Bad Guy
Current occupation: CEO
Distinct features: Dyed pink medium/long flattop with some punk-ish hues. Wide oval shaped head with close green eyes, a thin snub nose and average sized mouth. Has a thin beard and some facial marks around. Slightly paler skin than usual. Has dark lipstick and eye makeup on him often. Average height with a slim build, with moderate, unpronounced muscle underneath. Tattooed on his chest are the words TTFS in a fancy font.
Choice of clothing: Hardly seen without his puffy black/pink jacket with nothing under, meaning to show his chest at all times. Underneath usually are dark jeans and pink pleather boots. Wears earrings, a nose ring, and has an 80's pink tinted shades on him at all times.
Cars: Ferrari 365 GTB4, Ferrari F12berlinetta, DMC DeLorean S2, Ferrari 308 GTB

Born a rich Texan oil magnate's son, Theodore wasn't pleased to find the wealth has to be split from his greedy older brother. They might like each other, but Theodore wouldn't show his inner side that keeps telling him to try to claim what's rightfully his. While that phase has passed, this idea has seeped into his personality strong, giving people ideas that he can play the sinister vibe very well, as well as scheme devious scenarios to a devastating effect, while that hasn't materialized yet.

Using his wealth, Theodore would get an education and receive his master's degree in business and psychology. However, in his schooling years, he would develop various severe drug addictions that luckily didn't kill him, but instead would garner him various side effects that linger on today, such as his thin body, a shift to this more feminine side of his, and prominently: his sex organs having a shutdown. Not content with this personality, he shifted gears and used a good chunk of his capital to reinvent himself, leading to the pink haired Teddy Fabulous character he's been playing today.

Entering the toy market with his family's oil business as a means to start up strong, Theodore found wealth an everyday commodity to him, donating a good chunk of them to underprivledged children around the world to keep his face. These days, he's been seen investing into sports, now currently wrestling in indie development brands and putting his money where his brother has: a sign he's still clung on to their competitive past. Notably, he now is one of the main sponsors of a certain egotistical half Singaporean racing master.

A top tier expressway bandit defines the Rudeboy's racing talent, but this excitable Vietnamese security agent defines himself as the man who put Tokyo Expressway on the watch list for FIA events, and that's just one thing.

Theme Song: Slash, Myles Kennedy And The Conspirators - World On Fire
Racing Duel Music: The Mowex - War (feat. Marcus Klavan and Matt Litwin)
Nationality: Vietnamese
Current occupation: Security advisor
Distinct features: Medium dark brown braids tied to a ponytail. Tall, sharp diamond face. Brown, sharp asian eyes. Wide hawk shaped nose, and average downward mouth. Muscular wrinkling on his thin cheeks. Narrow, thin handlebar mustache and tied up goatee. Reddened patches of skin over face. Average height, but with a slim build, while muscular underneath. Has a tattoo of a red Vietnamese star on his forehead.
Choice of clothing: His clothes are always tight fit flexible. It's always a standard issue security outfit that he usually goes to work with, that includes a long sleeved buttoned up shirt, slacks, combat gloves, boots and a combat vest. Various jewelleries are similarly present, such as an amethyst nose ring, his platinum wedding ring, and ruby studs on his ears. In some form carries grenades on him, be it a sole one in his pockets, or laid out his combat vest.
Cars: Toyota Crown Athlete 'G', Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STi (GD), Volvo 240 SE Estate

As an only son, Manh was born out in the villages just a few clicks away of the great beaches of Da Nang. Life for him wasn't hard, however, as his parents were both army veterans that survived and got honours for serving during the Vietnam War. Never usually with any of his parents, or any close family as he grew to a teenager, Manh lived his life simply, helping with errands with tourists on the beaches. His hard work, despite not getting schooled properly, ended up helping him get extra funding for his own purposes, as well as maintaining his family's sole non-scooter: a Volvo 240 Estate.

Growing up, he got main exposure to the many criminal groups that reside around Da Nang. During this time, he not only learned essential survival skills, but somehow had a penchant to use the word 'mother f[BLEEP]er' very frequently. This ended up not only getting him favors from the local crims as a known figure that brings excitement, he also was granted the Rudeboy name he still clings on to today. The Rudeboy name however began to circulate as a feared name as soon as he found another interest in making makeshift bombs, stemming from him training dogs to detect mines in the army. This however turned for him as a moment to think, as he wonders if his parents are heroes, why are they risking their own to pursue the good life.

To avoid further criminal infamy, the wealthy parents decided to send Manh to Japan, but he knew that's not his future. Standing with failing grades aside phys ed, he was to return, but enjoyed life in Japan so much, he had to find an excuse to stay. Searching hard, he got a spot working for a small security firm providing both mercenary work and manpower for safety. It's do or die for Manh, but his influence in the gangs and the military paid off, giving him commendations and he rose up the ranks. Bringing his family after their retirement, he would proceed to marry a young lady he worked with.

However, his adventure in cars began when his wife would introduce him to the expressway racing in the night. How he got into this league was like when he learned how to make bombs: unrelenting. Entering the field of racers wasn't easy, but to him: he's never bothered with an easy life. Also rising these ranks, he would become the second in command of a crew that carries purely only non-Japanese racers, to give them a safe space to be aside the locals. One such person he took interest during this time was a short Hong Kongese lady with great fame on the circuit.

Eventually, time passes, and as the leader of this crew he's in for years, he wonders if he can reach further.

Back