Car of the Week | Porsche Carrera GT '04

I was going to have a huge writeup about the DBR9, but I'm too pissed off at the race I just had at Daily C to write my thoughts out properly.

Long cut review short:

Technology marches on, and the DBR9 hasn't really aged as well as I'd like it to.

Neutral.

I was going to have a huge writeup about the DBR9, but I'm too pissed off at the race I just had at Daily C to write my thoughts out properly.

Long cut review short:

Technology marches on, and the DBR9 hasn't really aged as well as I'd like it to.

Neutral.
I too taken this car to the Daily Race C and had a rough time of it. I do believe that the BoP restrictions have neutered this fine car and added weight to which it handles like a pregnant cow. I will give details....
I do not believe in quitting nor giving up on a task so I will try again tonight after I get home from work.
(Later that night....)
I got in the midnight running of race C, qualified with a 8min 50sec time. As I mentioned earlier that this car is neutered by BoP I found out I was right...
192b787bcb834-27720657D01D4B63844.315B375F96579043_message_442791905808861_1729655882065.jpg

BoP added 89.3 Kg and killed off 261 horsepower and with this lack of power and added weight this car was heavy to drive and just didn't have the speed to compete, everyone was passing me!
I started in p8 and finished in p7 (due to quitters)
I honestly tried to give it a good go of it.

Last edited:
I must say that the attendance for this weeks lobbies are pretty weak, are people not liking the car or something?
Hey Aiko, please don't take the following comment as accusatory...

I just want to mention that your comment comes off as a little rude. We've had attendance issues every now and then, and usually bounce around a bit unless a really popular car comes along and attracts extra people. What matters to us is that the core members of COTW are still active and participating in the lobbies and thread.

I know y'all have had some issues here, so I'm just offering my thoughts as a bit of feedback, in the hopes that you guys can integrate better into the community after the dramatic few weeks we've had.

I must say that the attendance for this weeks lobbies are pretty weak, are people not liking the car or something?
With this group it really ebbs and flows. I've been with this group since GT5 when we were doing shuffle races. I believe it was GT6 era where we had the most people in our group. Since then we've had people move on with their lives whether it be marriage, kids, starting esport team and other commitments. We still have a core crew that show up ever Tuesdays and Saturdays that just enjoy each others company and racing.

If you have any ideas to grow the group to where it was let us know.

Between doing a bit of Manu practice throughout the week, I was able to sporadically put about 100 miles on this car the past few days. Like OB said, current technology has passed this car by, but it’s going to be one of my new favorite hot lap cars. I would almost put it right up there with Square’s 08’ NSEEEEX as far as how visceral of a car it is to drive.

In VR, the sound of this race-spec, high compression V12 is just…..WOW.

Couple the motor sound with a very low roof that puts a cross member of the roll cage inches from your helmet. The roof, tight cage and a very lax windshield angle, and you can’t help but feel like you’re in a very,VERY raw race car. I didn’t research this particular aspect, but it definitely feels like they moved the drivers seat back from its homologated position, I’m assuming for mass-centralization purposes.

As most of you know, I insist on driving every car as authentically as I can, which means heel-toeing with the sequential shifter on the way down. Out of curiosity, I’m going to try paddle shifting it in the future, just to see if there’s any noteworthy pace I can pull out of it.

I actually remember this car being good in sport mode in GTS, but with the current GT7 Bop, it’s clearly outmatched.

However none of that actually matters to me, as my yardstick of judgment revolves solely around how a car makes me feel. I could care less how good, or crappy a car is from an objective standpoint. If it makes me smile, or gives me a shot of adrenaline when I get behind its respective wheel - I’ll be a fan

Definite sleeper in my book 😎

Last edited:
SPD Writes Gran Turismo 7's Car Of The Week: Week 80 - Aston Martin DBR9 GT1

full

You know it's about dang time we write about an Aston Martin for however long I got to writing these SPD COTW writes...
..although it's nothing to do with how 4 of the in-game roster are on my shortlist, but regardless..

Do you like surprise writes?

I'll just assume you're nodding because if you're not, I think your role in reading this overblown post is over. But if not..

To start, let's talk briefly about the Aston Martin DB9. Heralding the name for a bit over 10 years as its main flagship GT car, the car was praised mainly for how pretty it is thanks in many parts due to Henrik Fisker's touches since the DB7. Not to mention how it was a proper successor of said DB7 and took the brand to a good standing as it entered the 21st century. Aside that, there wasn't much else to say other than it was one of thoes Aston Martin cars where James Bond didn't need a presence to make its worth.

Now, since this is the very Aston Martin, whose semi-ancient bloodline has racing oozing and rooted deep within, they of course went on to bring it to the track. For that, I can lead you to this: the freaking book about the car in its entirely. A 296 paged documentation that's going to satisfy anyone on this regard.. if they can afford the 400 dollar asking price. There was that time in Mini Mexico I had to direct to a book, what was it for.. (post edit: it was the Lola). Though, for something so niche. If I'm buying this, I expect.. oh, I dunno.. a dancing Jesus?

I can do more than spend you 400 dollars on such a book with varying degrees of expectations, so let's not assume this is the SPD marketing channel and move on.

Using a select batch from the road going car, the DBR9 was mainly penned from the guys at Prodrive: the very same bunch who produced championship winning pedigree, most notably the 959 taking on Dakar, the Subaru rally dominance of the 90s, and to more recent times have been rallying one of the Extreme E racers, and of course a MINI Countryman.

No, I'm not making this up, but you know me how it HAS to be mentioned.

Putting aside off-road, Prodrive though did have history making GT racers out of GT cars, with them handling the 550 Maranello and turn it to a race car. After that they head off to help Aston Martin with development of the DBR9, and that relationship still goes on with them handling the current Aston Martin Vantage GT3s that.. really should be in the game by now, how odd. I was going to mention the Isle of Man WRX, but when that gets nominated, I'll get into more detail on that (if I feel like writing more surprise posts here).

In the operating room, the car received a whole collection of race ready upgrades. Things like.. a readjusted V12, race shocks and spring setup by Koni, an XTrac 6-speed, a new set of carbon fibre body parts, reinforced chassis and other lightweight components, and more that buyer's remorse of a 296 paged book probably can detail. What isn't purely detailed there however are the factory numbers. 600 horsepower, 490 lb/ft of torque, with 1.1 tons. On BOP.. I figure I should detail my grievances with the car's BOP in the sole Analysis Segment.

Then, the car was ready to be shown to the public by the end of 2004, and applications to race it have been made available to teams then after. Interesting note is that if you're a factory team, the car will come with the special single digit numbers with the most prolific example being the #007. While customers will get the three digit treatment.

And how did it go? Well, in its debut race of the 2006 12 hours of Sebring, the car slaughtered the local favorites in form of the Corvette C6.R, and other victims such as the Saleen S7-R, Maserati MC12 GT1.. yup, this is preceding its reign of terror in its GT1 class for a few more years until the whole class is discontinued. What a great example of a car that helped its company come back to the racing world with a bang.

I thought about this week's little shindig real quick.. a plan I had was to revive a rival trinity I had back when making ideas on museum man slash Vulcan racing gentleman Giles Crowden's entire identity in the Sport era. And with this car's nomination, I might as well reveal it due to this very car playing a good role for it.

And what's this? A familiar face? This very Aston Martin is known to be the Signature Car of a certain Codemasters track racing franchise on its prime that's not the ZB Viper. We're at Lap 2 with using that one team from Race Driver: GRID. And unlike the S15, this one's quite available on Share. Only that..

To an.. evil egotistical SPD standard, if it's a replica, and not made by yours truly, the livery is automatically trash anyways, so I had to make a new one from scratch, with proper references and a touch of the little details. Colors are inclusive of my S15, and even a cross reference to the game itself so I get the colors right in some way.. And you can then say that's my own ego taken care of. Was my soul shattered in some form in the Wednesday lobby? Why, yes, but I did have a backup should such an occurance happen anyways Not to mention the story livery..

Umm.. it's short but the whole episode is straight outta nowhere like. The intention is more how funny can I make it without breaking any immersion of a real life like scenario.

This week's theme song:
No One Knows (UNKLE Reconstruction)
Queens Of The Stone Age
Race Driver: GRID

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Episode: An Inquisition Like No Other: The Big 3's Group 3 Invasion Arc

Brands Hatch Circuit
West Kingsdown, Sevenoaks, Kent, UK
Dawn

Another day, another miracle in the English summertime covers the skies of the island nation.

South of London comes Brands Hatch, a venue recognized by both local and not local race fans.

full

Even as early as 6 in the morning, the pit lane accumulates a select gathering of geniuses and workforces of the race world.

A brown Cayman rolls through the back, highlighting an arrival..

full

Inside, Scottish up-and-coming racer Paul directs the driver and owner of the aforementioned car: his sister Fiona Henderson to an open parking slot.

Paul: "Right here! Giles gone got us a slot, sister!"

Fiona: "All righty!"

As the car settles, Fiona shuts down the petite Porsche and the siblings exit the car, not keeping quiet.

Paul: "Ach. Bugger me, that Giles. Lad knows I hate early mornings. Thanks for keeping me company, sister."

Fiona: "Don't bother! It's nothing.. was hoping Carrie could come and.."

Mention of his wife got Paul to stammer as he interrupts..

Paul: "Of course she be! Just that it's exams season, and me darling can't afford another day off. Not to mention it's 6 AM!"

Fiona: "Logical. Y'know I'm here mainly because ma always wants me to keep yer molded hair clean of any mess?"

A tease from the supermodel lady didn't do his emotions justice, as he mildly argues back in grief..

Paul: "Oi, you mention me locks one more time, I.."

Fiona: "What? Can't take a little fluff, laddie?! AHAHA!"

She then struts towards the pits, followed hastily by her little brother as he continues..

Paul: "But seriously, sister.. you being here confirms that I'm in a spot of bother, and you being here makes up fer a million, honest."

Fiona: "Again, man.. I mean.. you scratch me itch, I scratch yers! It's the Henderson sibling life's agreement, Paul."

After a quick yawn and stretch, Fiona's then thought of her exertion of the early morning, querying with concern..

Fiona: "Though.. remind me why ARE we here in the wee hours? Hour out of London on sun break, and you can bet I could really go fer a quick snoozer."

Paul: "Me boss is concerned too of my well being on track, and we've only got a window this tiny to meet and hopefully get that sorted out.."

Putting her right hand under her cheek, she commented as they keep moving..

Fiona: "Fancy way of saying he's got a tight schedule?"

Paul: "Aye, pal's got a museum business to expand all o'er the Earth. I don't got much else to carry on with that.. it's not my thing."

Fiona: "No worries. So as long he's not a git or anything.."

1 min 37 secs later.jpg

There isn't another garage as busy as with Aston Martin, and the arrival of these Scottish siblings has them learn that statement personally.

full

A select roster of the crew that accompanies Paul in his race days keeps the place in order, in the expense of their own stamina.

As Paul waves hi to his mates, Fiona then ask..

Fiona: "I recognize that! That's your car?"

Paul: "That it be, next to something else.. focus for a moment, Fiona: you find this fellow that stands out? Lad's got.. dark skin, clean patches of hair, and this high class vibe offa him?"

Fiona: "Scanning.."

Before she could complete a sweep with her sights, said decription of a man did already appear, and also already came close, giving the supermodel a quick hum.

Fiona: "Mmm.. I'd say he found us, brother."

Museum owner slash Aston Martin race manager Giles then greeted..

Giles: "6 in the morning. Prompt and on time like always, are you, Paul?"

Paul: "Ehh.. I hate it when you do this, but I try me best. You alright?"

His amber eyes then turn towards the companion he knows little of..

Giles: "Good. Good. And this is.. Carrie?"

While Fiona glanced, Paul already came in between to point out, amused slightly..

Paul: "Fraid not, you goof. This is Fiona."

Fiona: "Fiona.. umm.. fashion model. On and off, actually. I'm studying to get a degree in dance. You might've seen me on Strictly Come Dancing.."

Fiona's greet was full of the character and beauty she's quite famous for, giving Paul a hint to the staring Giles..

Paul: "Don't be saying ye be off that hook, lad. I know you were thinking it, you eejit. She be my sister."

A quick slap to himself follows as Giles shakes himself silly before sincerely proclaiming..

Giles: "Oh Jesus. Developed it has, yes, but honest: that thought hadn't escaped me, honest! Please accept this blighter's apology, ma'am. Giles Crowden. Here's my card."

As he hands his museum's business card, he follows with a kiss to Fiona's hand, akin to greeting royatly.

Fiona: "Charmed. And of course."

Spoke Fiona softly as she reddens a little.

Turning back to Paul, Giles asks..

Giles: "Considering your sister's here, can I assume she's not kept up to speed on why you're here?"

Paul: "Not in detail, is it?"

Fiona: "Don't hold back the details, now."

Knowing it's time, Giles then gestured the pair to a set of arranged plastic chairs, though shamefully had to admit..

Giles: "Sit! Don't worry, I mean, it's a pit lane, not a lounge for crying out loud. It'd be different if it was my property we're on."

After they've sat and settled, Giles then questioned the lady, speaking gently..

Giles: "Now.. let's see what you already know. If you please, Miss Fiona?"

Fiona: "That.. my little brother here's the face of some racing league. That much I know. But what I also know is that he's in a rut. Again. And I play a main role in digging him out of it. AS ALWAYS.."

Giles: "My my! I'd agree on that, but.. it's going to take more than you to help this poor sod out."

He was the target, so of course he was offended, as Paul then talked back disgruntled..

Paul: "Oi! Uncalled for!"

Fiona: "HAH! But true."

Seeing an image on how much she knows, Giles decided to use those words literally in his head, and presents..

Giles: "Anyhow.. well, I can help draw that picture for you. He's in a rut because.. don't take it the other way now.."

The siblings take a quick whisper to each other as the curator pauses..

Paul: "He knows of the family rage."

Fiona: "I bet he does with that face."

Knowing he's interrupted, Giles at least paused, until now where he returns..

Giles: "..bluntly saying, he's been underperforming. Simple as that. Thing is, I've known Paul for years cause there was a time we were racing, and trust my years consulting museum pieces: this blighter can never be simple when we go and try settle his problems."

Not knowing this, Fiona then asked..

Fiona: "You. And him? You guys raced?"

Paul: "It's a past time, Fiona. When I was so angry, I'm surprised I dinna kill anyone."

Keeping order, Giles then moved on, reassuring the pair..

Giles: "We won't be worrying about killing nobody now, you blighter.. For today, he's among friends and close buddies. Max's on his way as we speak, and I think we might have a small but competitive lot to have you sorted for the future."

Fiona: "Fascinating! You're going to have a proper showdown today, it's what it is? REAL shame about Carrie.."

Paul: "Aye. True, but this all just be me needing a kick in the arse, is all. I don't even know why we haf ta bring all kinds of people about when we can just call up the lads on Goodwood or something."

Responding, Giles then stood from his seat, looking down as he declares..

Giles: "I.. well, this is all Max's idea, see. He feels that.. if we laugh together in our comfy zone, you'll eventually learn to laugh out loud when you feel like it."

Fiona: "This is a pretty s[BLEEP] analogy, would you say?"

Paul: "Agreed. Creepy uncle Max is the kind of man that knows what he says."

Giles: "Don't shoot the messenger, Jesus.. Sam, give me a hint, will you?"

Hearing mention of that, Paul looks to the side, seeing a suited up secretary, holding a paperback and noting the conversation..

Amused by the devilish secretary's now revealed presence, Fiona noted..

Fiona: "Odd, I didn't realize we're being documented."

Samantha: "Could be worse, trust me. Sir Giles, may I.."

Now off her chair, the devil walks with her pumps clacking and leaned towards her superior's ears, whispering.

With that in mind, Giles then announces to the siblings..

Giles: "Ah! Well! He wants you to.. not feel bogged down that everyone around the world is watching your exploits! Those truly are the words. Thank you, Sam."

A better analogy in play, Fiona then enthusiastically stated..

Fiona: "Paul! You really feeling the weight, or.."

Paul: "Honest to goodness.. maybe a little..ish?"

Giles: "'A little' is precedence for a lot if we don't address this now. I wish I had control of whatever cloud that casts upon that head of yours."

With mention of head, Samantha adds..

Samantha: "It explains the poor hairdo."

Giles: "I feel that's not relevant, Sam. So.. I think I need Max to be around before we can get something going. One more question. Fiona?"

Fiona: "Aye?"

Moving closer, Giles then questioned..

Giles: "Max tells me your presence always seems to work wonders if Paul's not in his groove.. care to comment?"

Fiona: "Comment? Not quite. Confirm? That's accurate to a T. If I could, I would follow my brother to every race if I could! Da' wouldn't mind seeing us both on the telly, you know?"

Paul: "Fiona! You don't haf ta! I mean.. you've got a career too, and a degree to study fer!"

Not liking this sudden raise in tone, the museum man stepped in.

Giles: "And so do we. I'd prefer we keep out careers intact. Now, how about a quick trip to the past? If you may, Sam?"

Knowing it's time, the devilish Samantha walked across the garage, and opened a light, lightening up a dark side to the room that veils..

full

Recognizing the car, Paul speaks in amazement.

Paul: "Well hold me down some.. It's a DBR9!"

Giles: "You like it? Bought it months ago for the museum. And after some testing last weekend, today I take that V12 out of dormancy and back to where it belongs."

Samantha: "Honestly.. Mr. Giles, the test numbers don't lie. Analysis indicates it's able for official competition."

Giles: "Why, yes, Samantha.. I was getting to it. However, we don't quite have the numbers for Group 3 BOP. That's coming in later.."

Seeing Giles's grubby hands all over the car's present, Paul thought, then exclaimed..

Paul: "How's about a request we ride the roads together, like old times?"

He couldn't hide his excitement for one moment, but regained composure as Giles then replied..

Giles: "Calm down, you blighter! Again, I have to make a request.. I am managing your team this season, so.. it might not be soon."

Samantha: "Perhaps I can prepare the proceedings for this?"

Giles: "Why of course, Sam. Actually, you compile what I need to fill and know, put it for first thing tomorrow on my desk, if you please? Cheers."

On that cue, Samantha leaves, but to herself, she mumbles with hints of lust and joy combined..

Samantha: "Capital! And tomorrow, Sam.. it's going to be.. 'oh jolly good work, you are indeed the very best, I love you, mwah mwah mwah'!"

Back to the three, Giles then had more to reveal to Paul.

Giles: "Like some good news, Paul? Old times really was on the radar, so I had to call a certain someone to bring his team over and we can measure out our.. you know."

Paul: "Honestly.. lad, I'm impressed you can even do that. I mean.. with me, it's a 50-50 at best. Probably worse."

Giles: "Having a similar aura between us, as refined gentlemen, I mean, has its benefits. I mean.. I get it, why he calls you THE brute."

Fiona: "Brute? Oh, I know the only one person with that on his frequent miles.."

As Giles mingles with the crew, he then uses the power of his ears to listen out from the track..

Giles: "A Nissan V6.. I presume he has arrived."

He dismisses the men quickly, then signals his team's racer, now sitting after a quick stretch session.

Now dressed in proper racing attire, Paul gets off his seat, and then is approached by Fiona who then wondered..

Fiona: "I've only heard you buried the hatchet with that Frenchman."

Paul: "Get to know him, and you can say.. he's a solid fellow."

As they follow Giles to a nearby open garage, they then collide into him as he makes a sudden stop, eventually shouting..

Giles: "W-WHAT ON EARTH?!"

The Scottish siblings then looked ahead and saw a pit crew worker walking out, noting the largest words on his outfit..

Fiona: "Nissan? I mean, I'm not that into the car knowledge lot, but I know that's not French or anything, is it?"

Paul: "No.."

And from inside the garage comes a giant of a man, allowing two ladies to sit on his large shoulders.

One of the women however is someone the man facing this group has great hatred of.

This lady known as Peggy then shouted in joy..

Peigi: "GILESIE!"

Giles: "Good grief, Peggy, what in the blazes are you doing here?!"

The giant titan can't hide his amusement as he..

Daijiro: "Heh heh."

Peigi: "I'm getting to that, Jiro-san! Let us down?"

He then kneels, and puts the women off his shoulders..

The other woman then spoke up.

The Cinderella: "You really knocked him funny this time, ehe.. Morning, Giles."

Giles: "Ahh, morning to you too, princess. Seems you're here too? Actually, the less I know, the better."

He however wasn't ready for this, but had his manners give him the idea on what to do next, as Giles then greets the man holding these women..

Giles: "Hello there, big man."

Daijiro: "Hmph."

Before anyone could speak of what the hell is going on, Peigi broke the silence, revealing..

Peigi: "Sooo... we're here because.. Cindy, can you?"

The Cinderella: "Gotcha. FLASH.. BACK!"

flashback.jpg

TURBO
Tokyo Machine
Monstercat UNCAGED

full

A couple nights ago..

Amidst The Big 3's inner circle comes a race that includes a duel between a familiar MC20, and the hafu DJ's latest acquisition.

While not a dominating win, the bright pink GT-R would make its mark on its first night race by showing one of the Chosen what for.

full

At the post race gathering, Peigi, guised under her mannish Mountain God persona, shook hands as always and readies to leave with a smile behind her kitsune mask.

However, she overhears a phone call from her rival: the aristocratic Frenchman, and notes in her head the key points.

Group 3.

Brands Hatch in 2 days.

6 AM.

Day trip.

Smirking at such an opportunity, she decides to pull some strings.. which is essentially how she sees trying to contact The Messiah himself: a man we all know who also cannot stomach the crazed DJ.

Having a quick look up, the princess then added as she looked back at Week 11..

The Cinderella: "Least it's not me getting rammed, zapped or whacked or anything this time round."

With the gist of the explanation now formed, Giles then asked..

Giles: "So, you done him in a race, and you beat the marbles out of him or what?"

The Cinderella: "Actually, he made mention and didn't mean to share us about what's happening here. So, we figured we're going to come about and ruin your day."

Giles: "Peggy alone is testament to that kind of blasphemy.."

Peigi then slid close as she announces..

Peigi: "Kee.. I made contact Clark about it too, and he can't deny.. seems to me you two lads are going to have a good ol' time without me! RASCALS!"

Giles: "Not like you're going to add anything to what might come about. We run quite a tight ship, and if you think some tuned GT-R is going to roll.."

She predicts he's going to be stuck up about this, and then loudly declares..

Peigi: "BEEEEPPPPPP!!! WRONG! Think you two be nice and bring it over."

The Cinderella: "Right then.. come on now, big fella."

As her cohorts exit the scene, the pair behind Giles finds it the perfect time to enter, as Fiona wonders..

Fiona: "Mind if we cut in and.. find out what's going on?"

While Fiona wonders on what's going on, Paul however can't believe his eyes on sight of the hafu DJ, as he informs..

Paul: "Let's see.. I tell you that's DJ Peggy."

Fiona: "Hold up. Radio 6's DJ Peggy?"

Paul: "Very one."

Giles: "She's also brought her cohorts too.. including our favorite little princess."

Hopping in between, the DJ then caroled on, grimly..

Peigi: "Nyaaa~ I know this guy."

Fiona: "Eh?"

Paul: "Umm.. morning to you again.. it's been years, was it?"

Remembering a past age on when she made a quick radio interview with Paul and Boniface, a riddle of emotions fuel her next words..

Peigi: "Years? You swore you never wanted to see me ever again. But let's say I choose to forget that memory, KEEKEEE!"

The other two watch on..

Giles: "The runt's got quite a memory."

Fiona: "Or imagination. Take your pick, Mister Giles."

Hearing the Nissan V6 ready, Peigi finds it a suitable time to disclose..

Peigi: "But.. I think it's time I tell you fellas what's up!"

Moving out their garage, Daijiro then drives out..

full

A poorly designed GT-R GT3 race car, but not without a kabuki shout to follow..

Unable to decipher what they're seeing, Paul broke the silence as they round around the Nissan..

Paul: "Why the bloody hell are you surprised. I mean.. you did hear a Nissan V6, right?"

Giles: "If not the out of place kabuki shout, I say.. indeed I do. One that you're familiar racing against, it seems."

The mannish DJ once again steps in front..

Peigi: "KEEKEE! What'd you think, lads? I mean.. I spent my own earnings on this one! Granted, it's not the latest one, but still! Swear on my car smuggling verification eyes it's the real deal!"

A detailed look though confirmed those words, as Giles then affirms..

Giles: "It's.. the real deal alright."

Paul: "Aye. You get no arguments from us whatsoever. Nice piece of car you got here, lassie."

Daijiro: "Heh."

Now in a more planted position, Peigi smiles as she spoke..

Peigi: "Why I appreciate that, Henderson! KEEKEE! When Clark told me it's going to be a GT3 race with you lot, I figure now is the time I reveal my latest project! I mean.. I get race classes in Silverstone every Friday evenings!"

The Cinderella: "With Nissan UK. Buncha official lot."

Giles: "Aren't they going to oust you as.."

Peigi: "You thought I didn't think of that, Gilesie? KEEH! Of course I feigned innocence, ain't that so, Cindy?"

The Cinderella: "Yeah, sure.."

She spoke with a tone that would come from your usual Sunday sermon attendee, but..

As soon as she notices Peggy taking out a gun shaped electrically powered self defense object from her chest, she didn't think twice to change her tone..

The Cinderella: "YES I MEAN YES, ABSOLUTELY, NO OBJECTIONS, ALL TRUTH! 99.9% TRUUEEE!"

She ran straight to Daijiro after that panic attack, who then catches her and with haste shields her with his own body.

That whole scene had Giles wonder..

Giles: "No crap now, Peggy, but.. why is The Cinderella here?"

Peigi: "Well.. it's my turn right now, after all. But.. Brands isn't a safe house, right? Well, I want her to experience a Group 3 race in much more focus than when she should be going out on public."

Fiona, who's remained quiet for a while, then weighed in..

Fiona: "So.. how is a radio DJ this keen into racing as if she's at you level, Paul?"

The Cinderella: "Trust me, lady.. tis a long winded story, that is."

Giles: "Milady, I'm sorry, but there are going to be more questions that'll come up with the roster I'm expecting later on."

With The Cinderella on her sights, she then adds..

Fiona: "Questions? Don't fret. I mean.. looks to me you lot are handling the living definition of a question. Surely that's not nice."

Only hearing the final words of that sentence, the amnesiac princess then decided to turn Super Saiyan 2 as she holds back her fury..

The Cinderella: "Cor, what you saying? That I'm not nice?! Bugger this! I'll show you NOT NICE! AAA-"

And before she could lunge, an unexpected limb came to her throat and not long after, chokes her with great effort, breaking her link into the mortal realm.

THe scene then pauses briefly as the announcer then points out..

The Cinderella: "BLARHHAAA!"

As the lady drops down to the floor, Samantha: the street fighter who's responsible for this, spins back to her usual pose, getting noticed by her superior..

Giles: "Why, Sam! Impeccable timing, I might add."

Samantha: "It's what I do. Now, I think we'll head to the side so you bunch can have some fun. Toodles."

Daijiro: "Heh."

With the side character out of the way, carrying The Cinderella with them, Giles then notes to Paul about the star of that moment..

Giles: "They call her the devil, but her recruitment to my outfit has been all kinds of divine joy."

Paul: "If ye think it's all right with the world, I'm gonna have to refer to you for this kind of crap, Giles."

And a few meters away from all that, the ladies then meet proper..

Fiona: "She ever leap about like that without warning, or.. well, I'm Fiona by the way. His older sister."

Peigi: "Aww, yeah. Now this is a party. Call me Peggy. So.. how much older, KEEH!"

Giles then walked by and added..

Giles: "Ohh, consider that to be a part of normalcy, Miss Fiona. I suppose we can wait further on a little longer, right?"

Fiona: "So far I've been relatively amused, at least.. Well, if you say so."

meanwhile 2.jpg

As Peggy shares some tips of her trade to the Scottish pair, Giles sits alone in their team's garage, bored as he checks through his phone.

One notification by Boniface that reads: 'at the pit lane, monsieur' later, the museum curator then stands, announcing loudly.

Giles: "NOW he's here. Come now, you three."

As they now leave once again, Paul reassures..

Paul: "So, sure ye know how Bon's like and all, the funny unserious stuff I'm sure ends here."

Fiona: "Ohh, Paul.. what happened to you keeping your mind open? I mean, I can also expect something else even more bizarre."

With the supermodel's superwise words at heed, the group that exits the garage then finds what looks to be Boniface dragging a wheeled pillory stock, with what looks to be a masked teenage girl on.

The group that announced normalcy to be out of the question however found themselves shocked with this, as they comment..

Peigi: "Keeh?"

Fiona: "Mmmhmm? Kink is in the building, much, lads?"

Paul: "Sometimes, I REALLY hate you with a passion, Fiona."

Giles: "Blimey, what in the world's going on NOW?!"

He tries to keep composed, but couldn't as the aristocrat then stopped his device by the group.

Giles: "Boniface. Welcome. I see you.. have been quite busy. Ohh my goodness.."

Boniface: "Ahh, bonjour a tous."

Paul, now given a reason to feel furious about this moment, argues..

Paul: "Achh.. Bon! I don't want to be reminding you that we're here, under oath and credits due, to give me a boost in confidence, not fer yer disgusting kinky pleasure, lad!"

Boniface: "You barbarian. Don't just presume it was all my idea. Believe it or not.. it was hers. Say hello, mon petit cheu."

He then walks towards the head of his sick pleasure, and unwraps the mask, revealing..

Candy: "Oh, Paul. How rude to not say hi first! And no, this is not what it looks like."

Now ready to unlock the stocks, this loving pair then shared a moment..

Boniface: "Perhaps I should let you down for the time being?"

Candy: "Oh, sure. I need some time in the ladies room.. eventually."

Peigi: "Soo resilient! I'm falling in love for the WRONG REASONS! KEE!"

Candy, now finally here, looks about this four person group and observes..

Candy: "Let's see now.. Giles, Paul, Peggy.. and you are?"

Not liking what she sees, Fiona then gives an honest remark..

Fiona: "My, aren't you quite the someone? It's so strange.. to see a poor reflection of one's image in a mirror."

Candy: "M-mirror?"

However, the hafu DJ watched on with the stocks in mind..

Peigi: "Yah! Me so horny, me love you long time! KEEKEE!"

Boniface: "(Oh mon Dieu she IS here!!) My regrets have come to fruition.."

And before the animosity could escalate, Paul got in between and announced..

Paul: "Fiona! Bloody hell, this is the one I've told you about. Rin's new bestie."

Fiona: "Eh?"

Now placing that fact in her words, Fiona's whole image of this Candy woman shifted, as she tries to collect her words..

Fiona: "S-s[BLEEP]te! I.. umm.. screw that moment! You're Candy?! I mean.. oh man, that Rin didn't lie. She's a mop headed, poorly dressed, bite sized lassie, ain't she?"

Candy: "Hello, yes, it is I, and I can hear you perfectly fine!"

And what came from memory too has made itself relevant as the little racers realizes..

Candy: "Speaking of hear.. I heard Paul has a sister. From that white haired spectre Nash. That's you? I mean.. you're like hilariously pretty."

Fiona: "Ohh that's me! I suppose you're using Paul as some basis for beauty, huh?"

Paul: "Oi! That's like.. terribly uncalled for! And twice now!"

The gentlemen, now on the side as they dismantle the pillory stock, then looks at this meeting..

Giles: "That's another on the unannounced visitors we'll be having. Fancy telling me why she's here?"

Boniface: "Forgive me for the unexpected appearance. We knew long distance will never work, and now it's her turn to come over."

Candy then moved over, then adding..

Candy: "I actually have a race, canceled last minute. And I guess that's the picture all painted for you. You know I got that hint of how bad long distance is from Ginnie?"

Boniface: "It's expected. She's been trying with that Gary brute for years."

Candy: "Don't tell Ama abou-"

Just as that sentence came out, a crackling sound too came out, colliding with the little racer's right shoulder..

Candy: "-UUUWAAAAHHH!"

Everyone around then looked to her, noticing the presence of something nasty, French and rich.

Amadine: "OH?! Excusez-moi?! Not tell Madame Ama about WHAT NOW?!"

With 'keeping her in control' as the only thought about, Boniface replied, acting ashamed..

Boniface: "Mon dieu.. how long distance relationships are doomed to fail from the start."

Amadine: "Ohh? Do you believe that, Mir?"

The other lady walks in slowly, instructing..

Mirielle: "Ama, it's ask first, whip second. And non: I don't care what is to be believed. But look forwards.. a horde of people to whip and beat senseless await!"

Amadine: "That so.. wait.."

A quick look from the Emerald Lust's viewpoint has her imaginary in-vision HUD lock on to certain people..

Amadine: "That's Paul. Good old Forrest waiting to run and flee if not his unspoken development in play. And! And that's that little lady from an incredibly moist Fuji that day!"

Realizing who they were from Week 20, Peigi jumped and climbed behind the closest person, exclaiming in fear..

Peigi: "HISS! FOUND, AGAINN! I can't believe it! SAAVEE MEEE!! CINDY! Shield me!"

Paul: "Lassie, I am not yer Cindy! Get. Off!"

The unfortunate DJ didn't get a warning before getting tossed by Paul, straight into the mistress in green.

Peigi: "KEEEEH!! Y-YOU TRAITORRR!!"

While he's supposed to be concerned, Giles watched on this whole scene

Giles: "Blighter's brought the whole family, of course.. I don't believe Nash will be joining us, Miss Richelieu."

Mirielle: "No worries, monsieur. We're here to see Boniface and his new belle work out your team's issues, as promised. Isn't that so, Ama?"

These two would then witness a theatre of pain in the pit lane of Brands Hatch, as Amadine tried to reply..

Amadine: "Uh.. yes! Yes! Now WHO'S BEEN NAUGHTYY?! Very very VERY NAUGHTY?!"

Peigi: "WWHAAAAHAAHAAA! OWW! OWW! OWW! OWW! OOOWWWOWWOWWOWWWOOWWWOWWW!"

..as she continues to whip away Peigi with an unrelenting barrage, damaging just about everything on her, especially her..

Candy: "Any of you sick headed freaks around? Let this be the first I've seen Peggy naked without her own intent."

Mirielle: "Heeee~ I heard she enjoys to be bare of cloth, so I let Ama have at it."

A naughtly gleeful smile came from the Nuclear Baroness, but Fiona then came over to wonder..

Fiona: "I know our gripes with the Emerald Lust, but.. something is wrong with that DJ."

Giles: "If you were in my shoes, Miss Fiona, you'd truly understand."

Paul then joined the crowd of this theatre of pain, reminding everyone in concern..

Paul: "Whew. Supposedly, lad.. this was to be a nice little Group 3 sprint race to help get me back up and running.. it's turning to be quite the fiasco, this be. Lass, why were you on a stockade?"

Candy: "I'm being paid 5 thousand credits to enter this episode on a pillory stock. And we're experimenting if pain's going to help me focus for later. You should've seen how red I was yesterday.."

Mirielle: "It's mainly to please me, however you see it."

Giles: "Still causing some form of chaos is not going to get you out scot free, Miss Lam."

Fiona: "Any idea how we're going to step in and regain order?"

To answer that, the last of the expected people then arrived as he greets..

Clark: "Morni-"

..grimly, possibly even moreso as he sees the lady whipping frenzy, the small afraid crowd, and a pillory stock on wheels, deducing with disappointment..

Clark: "Did I enter the f[BLEEP]ing bondage circus, or.."

Giles: "Long story short, Max: pardon the language, but thank f[BLEEP]k you're here!"

The strangeness come into full force as not seconds later, Clark has the museum curator groveling at his feet.

later 3.jpg

full

Now with the collective of racers in a briefing room, A quick presentation was to start.

As Candy comes in the room last, she finds seating by some fellow racers.

She rushes in and sits by the chair, mistakingly colliding by the other woman in the room, all brightened and wounded..

Peigi: "KEEEH! Don't touch! Don't touch or I'll KEELHAUL YOU!!! NYAAAA!"

Candy: "I.. whatever you say. (We don't have to say one of those keywords to get her in a bad mood now..)"

She may have caused a ruckus, but it hasn't the power to keep on.

With everyone in position, the man leading the whole of today's adventures began to speak on a mic..

Clark: "Alright. Let's get started. Now.. I thank you all for coming. While Giles has done a splendid job arranging a lot of what's coming today, can I address a few things first?"

Mumbling then followed, eventually quietening down enough for Clark to continue explaining..

Clark: "Supposedly, Alan and my brother are to be here with the tamed racing animal, but a last second roster swap for a race in Silverstone means they're not coming. We're short on manpower.."

By those words, he then further proclaimed upon seeing the ladies in the room..

Clark: "But I see a pair of women that shouldn't even be here. Especially you, Peggy."

Peigi: "Are you blaming me?! After all this... WHIPPING?! [sobbing]"

She shouted in anguish, still feeling the pain receptors in her body working as intended.

Not really caring, Clark had none of it, but yet had another concern..

Clark: "Though, if you and I and Giles are all here.. the Cinderella must be here too, correct?"

A silence follow again; enough to confirm this angry mastermind of the fact..

Clark: "The lack of worry also means I'm right, and we should move on. Candy, do you have a car?"

Candy: "Fortunate I was part of the last second roster swap Nash and Alan was in, so yes."

Clark: "Good. We don't have any extras right now, so let's not go into the mood of touring cars and scratch paint unless it can't be avoided."

Hearing of what came, Giles stood off his chair, explaining..

Giles: "Worst comes to worst, the Crowden Automotive finances shall cover any major costs."

Clark: "Shut your hole, Giles. That's my job."

And from the bottom of her heart, Peigi excitingly explained through her own pain..

Peigi: "Is this some potluck?! I'm in! I mean.. any funny business and I'll cover it, KEEH!"

The Big 3 came to stand, and those not in this exclusive squad watch on with interest.

Paul: "Interesting how ye Big 3 bunch come together when this whole teamwork shenanigan's not in yer vocabulary."

Candy: "It's amusing the more I see it. They're never meant to be together, was it?"

Boniface: "Gist of it, oui."

With Peigi and Giles joining Clark up front, they stand by him as he then drags in a wheeled whiteboard, and explains further..

Clark: "So, with assurance covered, let's put up some numbers. Full circuit, 10 laps. Grid start. Race time at 12:30 sharp, so if you like, we can be done here by tea time."

He then turns to notice Giles writing it all down with his usual clean handwriting..

..along with Peigi doodling away what looks to be a green figure being shot at by a well drawn giant taser that hints it should kill rather than incapacitate.

Not wanting to get in her way, he turns back and asks with Paul in center..

Clark: "[sighs] As I represent the Mythic Initiative on this all, would you like any f[BLEEP]ing other things to say?"

He's hesitant at first, but a quick peek at Candy and Boniface, besides him, got him the courage to get up and speak his heart out.

Paul: "I.. confess.. I mean, I shouldn't even need this kind of help. Come in the end, I hope what comes of this is both good and fruitful for not just me own development, but us all. I mean.. I see Clark here: fastest growing seed in the European leagues, me good rivals and friends."

Boniface: "Oh please. You won't be calling me 'friend' after I'm through with you later."

Giles: "He aims to soften us. Classic."

And after those close to him, now he speaks for those not as close..

Paul: "Those two.. I'm going to get my backside whipped into shape by some streetwise racing talent too."

Peigi: "Keeh! Don't you worry a thing, you silly golfing drunk, you! The reason why everyone about loves to be a Mountain Blazer is because our record is spiffy clean!"

Paul: "Not to mention the highest scoring lass in all of Asia.."

Candy: "Keh. Here on a whim, by the way. Don't take it the wrong way: I like these coming together moments, even unannounced."

Paul: "Aye.. contest here is tight, be it by personal reasons, or professional. I'll do my best. Aye, maybe I'll find some form of motivation from today that'll amp up my progress."

This might be all for his team, but Giles wasn't quite satisfied as he added..

Giles: "By the way.. I'd like to add something else to sweeten the pot.. no, not money. The winner of this race gets an all expenses paid one day voucher for.. this DBR9 I am going to be racing with today."

Candy: "A DBR9? You must mean the GT1 Aston Martin?"

Paul: "What other DBR9 is there in yer head, lassie?"

Not expecting more, the Messiah then asked..

Clark: "You done?"

Paul: "Nah.. I want to thank everyone here again.. but especially to me sister Fiona. I thought after I got meself sorted and Bon on our side, my role with you be more or less over. But I admit.. that's not what it looks, sister. Need ye more than ever, admittedly!"

Hearing her name, the supermodel, sitting in the back, knew in her instinct that she had to come up front.

Fiona: "Gahh, Paul! I won't ever stop having your back much I can ever help you. Besides.. I scratch yer itch.."

Paul: "Ye scratch mine."

While a mutual agreement between siblings isn't so special, for Candy, who's never had a real sibling..

..her smile proves she couldn't hide a tear her heart bled out.

A long practice session in the morning follows.

full

A collective of various decade old GT3 cars make their names proud, with a Scottish styled Aston Martin playing with fire..

full

As is Clark's own Ferrari that's been blessed by the service of the entertainment show he's taken on..

full

The presence of a wildcard in 22 year old Peigi however is bound to unease the competitors today.

full

As is the Count of Sainte-Croix himself, who's luck has been gaining as is his traction in the contest.

However..

Garage 1
Ian Livingstone
GRID 2

full

The supposed highlight still remains in the garage.

Its driver, Giles, a former touring car savant turned to the fanciest street racer in all of the UK, has trouble collecting himself in the situation he so desires to fall into..

Giles: "Oh Lord, high and mighty.. lend me some courage into what sounds like a grand idea.. Amen."

Done with a brief prayer, he looks back, takes a breather, not realizing Fiona comes by with a look of concern.

Naturally, he puts himself aside as he goes to address her.

Giles: "Miss Fiona? May I help? Are you.. unattended?"

Fiona: "Not quite. Just coming about.. coaching my brother's on track gimmicks is stressful, y'know? I know when a man like him's stubborn, but.. you people act different in those cars, hmm?"

Giles: "Oh I do agree.. I'm his racing manager after all! On the pit lane, barking about what that ignorant blighter should be doing, and cross your fingers he gets them done. Though, one season in, and I've not a clue if he has a problem with authority."

Fiona: "Nah. I wouldn't call him or me either a rebellious sort. What's got you worried?"

Unwilling to stay put, he starts making rounds as he expresses his inner despondence..

Giles: "The fact that.. us being on track together has a tiny chance it's going to ruin him on the grand scheme of it all."

Fiona: "Care now.. it seems you're quite stressed about it. Need a hint?"

Giles: "I suppose anything is good. I blame Peggy for all this, just so you know."

Fiona: "Very well. I've an idea."

An idea did however come, as Fiona momentarily leaves the scene..

Fiona: "And.. here's my Chinese stress toy."

..and re-enters, placing what might be an incredibly detailed cutout of Candy Lam as Le Glace Pacer in front of her, complete with a squeaky sound.

Fiona: "Do with it as you see fit, while I go see how Paul's doing. Cheers."

While Fiona leaves, Giles then realizes this cut out of Candy is the real deal, which he followed with a quick shaking of his head in disbelief.

Giles: "Jesus.. Candy? It's really you, is it? You alright? I mean, of course you are. Are you not seething that she called you a toy?"

Candy: "Maybe, but I've been told she's a racist, and haven't been called a yellow skinned ching chong Asian waste of air yet. So.. I don't think that's on the script. Unless I cross her or something."

Giles: "I say don't give ME any ideas, but let's go with that."

However, Candy went into a hunting wolf mode, using its eyes to see Giles better, and deduced..

Candy: "Soo.. I can see you fiddling your fingers and stepping out of rhythm. Sophia teaches me those are some of the common signs of stress."

Giles: "You're going to use someone else's notes to lecture me? Poppycock!"

Candy: "(I haven't read a man in a while now, ohh.) That dejected response is telling me more than enough. My master plan in my head says to get you calm and give you something else to focus on.."

A quick pause then follows with the little racer's big idea..

Candy: "You know what my sweet Boniface told me? He told me you guys were on track rivals when he was on touring cars. There's like a Vauxhall, a Lotus and a Honda up front. Bon thinks they're good memories.. there are nights where we'd have replays on your highlights. The racing, the contact, the drama. I had no idea, you know?"

And Candy too finds these moments a revalation of sorts, as she moved on further..

Candy: "But one idea I have now.. well, I know why you're stressed. Let me make a guess.. You're looking at Paul with this.. fire! You want to be better than him today, like a younger you trying to be better than him then."

Dishonest with that truth, Giles argued..

Giles: "I hadn't thought of it that way, you know? I can't say I'm one to hold grudges or anything.. I've a business and the lot.. says I'm better as is."

Candy: "How about.. we say you still want to show that you're not left out of the group?"

Feeling ashamed he's being figured out, he wants to fight back, but couldn't..

Giles: "I.. deary me.. I wager Boniface must've made mention of my early exit in said rivalry, correct?"

Candy: "Where else do you think I'm going with this? Those highlights earlier aren't as much fun when one important piece of the puzzle's missing.."

And that puzzle comes down to..

Candy: "I know what's up. You're helping Paul because of you. You want in the game, and since I managed to talk Clark into getting on track as well.. let's face it, there's something in you that wants Peggy to be racing along too."

And just like a supervillain's super plan thwarted, he snapped in a mild fashion..

Giles: "Ohh hoo.. You little bitch. May I say you're quite the detective? Right.. I admit. I suppose I'll come clean. I want Paul the best he can, so he can survive being the face without me. And most importantly: with me in his way. I'm driven to get back in, with my lessons in speed compounded with my role as the Spitfire. And since I got no avenue to enter, suppose I'll be representing the museum."

Candy: "A drip of dishonesty in the cloud of purpose. Another friend's words, not mine."

He's not exactly a man who believes in divine intervention, but Giles realized he could soar the sky if he can be honest about his intentions in the future, despite his insecurities.

With a more confident tone, he then admits..

Giles: "Let me say the nerves are real. I've not been on the track for nearly a decade, y'know?"

Candy: "Talking always makes me feel good.. Something past me regrets deeply is not exhibiting that.."

She's not going to help him, she thought, and what came after was a twist in her intentions, as she declared..

Candy: "Tell you what.. want some more.. direct pointers? Give me the DBR9 for a few rounds. You'd like what I can give from someone that's been racing all kinds of the fast and the furious."

Giles: "Hmm.. indubutably, I say.. very well!"

And with that approval sealed, she excitedly begins to dash towards the DBR9..

Candy: "Oh boy!"

Feeling mildly betrayed, Giles however realizes with that request though..

Giles: "She too has a drip of dishonesty in her own cloud of purpose. Ohh goodnes, you blighter."

Candy: "As my little sis says.. guiltyy~ now OPEN UP!"

She opens the door, only to find the car's already occupied.

The Cinderella: "BRUUUMM BRUUMM!"

Candy: "BWAAH!"

Knocked down to the floor in surprise, Giles closes in on this sudden seating asking away..

Giles: "Cindy, my dear, what on earth are you doing in there?"

The Cinderella: "Well, since I've been knocked out royally again by the devil in the prada, I was told I'm in the okay to have a sit in the DBR9! Hiya, Candy!"

Candy: "Heyy.."

However, seeing she's in the way, Giles didn't relent.

Giles: "Alright, out now, princess. The FIA gets a hint of this, and mark my words: it's more than just a slap on the wrist for you license."

The Cinderella: "Slap, schmap. Alright."

As the amnesiac exits the car, the little racer clears herself as she gets up, then wondering..

Candy: "Doesn't her being around with all the Big 3 means you're a prime target for.. you know.."

Giles: "Yes. Yes. To be fair... I didn't count on Peggy coming over at all. Anything else can we add on that?"

Candy: "It might riddle how in a hurry Clark is today."

The qualified racer now the one in the car, she adjust the bucket seat, but not before some trivia comes around..

The Cinderella: "That Peggy's probably going for more than the gold medal.. probably also comedy gold. Some reason, her racing number is kanji for 'fast' or something?"

Candy: "And something IS wrong right there. To think: Paul says he's the one needing a kick in the bum.."

A sunny shiny morning too brings out the best in what might be an old outdated Aston Martin racecar..

full

Candy: "A car like this.. isn't letting me think in peace!"

Passing laps gives her a familiar vibe with the track, prompting Candy to decide it's time..

Candy: "And go! Whew.. lucky for me.. I can reach that lever shifter.."

No One Knows (UNKLE Reconstruction)
Queens Of The Stone Age
Race Driver: GRID

We hardly ever get anything with a big V12 these days. I mean, of course the Miura's one of them. But as a fan of more valves than 7, I come bearing.. sort of bad news with this week's undertaking. After a drive with this car, I do want some pills alright. Ones that'll help me sleep tonight because oh boy: it's the kind of car that tests the entire spectrum of emotion in one package. At least on how it's portrayed here. That I can say it does with flying colors.

full

But unlike some cars that exist to spite your entire experience with hatred in every sense, the DBR9 has some good points. Sort of like last week's Volvo, it has gold stars in its presentation. The interior is nostalgic yet projects the car's effort to lose weight in a rather presentable package. As it is presentable, it's not even a car that's difficult to drive or requires a skill to survive with. For issues like this, the back of my head says the car does have power oversteer that isn't out of place for any RWD race car in this power range.

The sound is easily the best part of the car: Aston Martin sounds are top notch when done right, and this isn't something that the game doesn't muck up, even if Gran Turismo car sounds are amazing, while not top of the line. I'd even say, if not the overly dark shade in the interior, the car is presented even better here than it was in the last game I drove this: in Race Driver GRID.

The car serves as a form of precedence: for perhaps a good chunk of other GT1 cars of that era to come in the game. Now, this is a statement I say be treated as a double edged sword, because while I do not mind the likes of an MC12 or an S7.R in the game, anyone who's driven the car from when it first came out in Gran Turismo Sport has a hint on what's to come with this. I guess we forego the usual review type and drum for.. a list. A list explaining how and why is the car in its worst form, particularly as it appears in Gran Turismo?

It's a quick 3 point list. The first of this details what the game's done to the car.

This one will remember mainly for how the car is placed in Group 3. it loses 65 hp and gains 180 kilos to get it to Group 3 standards. I can't confirm why they gave it a sumo wrestler diet, but I wager the car's fuel economy and tire saving abilities are top notch enough that they have to somehow justify this obesity atrocity. But really: 180 kilos isn't even 2 SPDs (1 SPD is 85 kilograms), although for a car that starts out at just above a ton, you are going to feel that bump up in weight. And more weight means the car's handling is affected in such a way that you'd hope you're Sundowner fast, but remember you're the easiest boss in Metal Gear Rising. Generally with a loss of power, you'd have no issue putting the power down on exit: which this car does have trouble with, and while you do see a noticeable gain in the turn exit grip, the band aid solution a poor BOP isn't going to cut it, and you are going to still get power oversteer. In fact, since it's a sequential manual we have, I suggest not shifting the car at all mid turn, mainly because powerband says it's a climb from low revs.

This brings us nicely to point 2: the drive. There's a good chunk of meat here, so bear with me.

This segment uniquely covers a summary of how the car comes out of Brand Central without BOP. The DBR9's modus operandi consists of a weighty, well balanced handling profile, combined with a grand spanking V12's dosage of power oversteer. However, the main culprit being the BOP causes all that to spiral down, amplifying its many naughts in a grand fashion. But what's not touched? Well, the balanced drive, attributed to its 51:49 ratio, and the brakes are race car brakes, so any issues will be noted if there were. And the acceleration for a Group 3 car is actually one of its strong points.

As is, the car comes with a turning profile that's smooth and weighted: something like a GT car turned to a racer, because yes: there's nothing deceiving of this transformation. It turns around where you want with understeer, albeit nicely and in a planted fashion that makes you think of the streams you get in the UK wilderness: mostly pleasant and cool. Suddenly, with the BOP on, you find yourself suddenly in a flow that's meandering off the given course and bifurcating to a new path that's not where you want to go, but you find yourself unable to change course because nature is cruel. Just like how kids are cruel! Anyhow, the car has understeer built in, and without BOP, this all is just at worst a footnote.

However, with it on, said footnote turns to the meat of the essay, as the car is defined by the many high level racers as the Group 3 definition of understeer, especially in higher speeds. Not to mention trying to correct this understeer in general is a pain in the butt, so you have to get the car angled in horrendously right at every moment, and I know enough that nobody's capable of that kind of patience. Interestingly, I can find a test of input discipline in the car mid turn. When throttle braking and bouncing the revs mid corner becomes a suggestion that punishes those that don't do it perfectly, in here I'd rather you drop the idea of that on the whole, or you know.. bifurcation to the grass and probably into Barry R. So, on the whole: turn into a mid to high speed corner is safe, but so safe, understeer has joined the discussion. And don't worry much about the curbs: it's not notable enough and issue like we had with the NSX GT500.

On to the braking. Now, I have no qualms with the braking, but the big heavy fat car demands that.. usually when you do have a brake marker at the ready for Group 3, with the DBR9 you might want to play that game a wee bit earlier. Like about half a car length's back? It made me realize the brakes are perfect if the car wasn't in the sumo BOP diet it's getting that neuters it. We already have a solid package, just what's given to us to keep up with the new kids on the block is.. too much.

full

This has been going on quite a bit, so let's go to some comparisons in my final point: it can't compete.

First, I mentioned it's got good acceleration, right? Like with the Ford GT LM Spec II, the DBR9's gist is that it's a speed car that can't turn. But unlike with that old Ford GT, that car's got a mid engined setup and can do corners with less difficulty than the DBR9. I don't find it surprising that the car does find use in Sport mode racing too.

Not to mention.. you're going to like this: the DBR9 has a poor top end. YES, for a car with this niche to work with, it can't even stand out with it!

Just like Luke finding out who Darth Vader really is, you do think that's impossible, yes? Oh yes. It's not because it's slow on the straights.. it's acceleration is specifically placed at the earlier gears. It has a really tall final gear that it can't work with with BOP on. Yes sir, it didn't get BOP transmission ratios, and still uses the GT1 values for 'em! If you like some proof on how this is witnessed.. we did a race on Wednesday in Spa, where it duked out against the PEUGEOT VGT Gr.3. At similar exit speeds on Eau Rouge, the DBR9 reached Les Combes around 2-3 MPH behind that.. thing! Not to mention while I'm sure you all have gripes with the longboi Gr. 3 car itself, the car is still mid engined and can turn around the speedy bends of Spa exceptionally well. I remember seeing a Sport race where that car is like a whole second per lap quicker there because of how skewed the BOP is for that car in a track like this.

Quick side note: the Peugeot VGT Gr.3 is my favorite Group 3 car in both here and GT Sport, so a nomination on that thing is coming eventually.

Okay, so it's not going to be a choice car for speedy venues, and if you haven't been reading, I'm hilariously confident you never want to bring this on the tighter circuits. But the idea of running the car without BOP does come. What if we judged it purely as is?

Well, say we do get all that nice juicy power and the handling profile we get is the car as is rather than the fat guy we got in BOP racing?

Time for me to take it to a quick test: and that means a run in Yamagiwa, and.. not to keep anyone waiting with boring tables and.. times where I did Showcases in Mini Mexico, it sucked. Well, the gist of it is that I had a time in Yamagiwa with the last Group 3 car we nominated in the NSX GT500. On stock, that car's around 715 PP, and it got around the track half a second quicker than my best with the DBR9. Let's put in the Ford GT Spec II, and that car's a whole 2 seconds quicker than the DBR9, while it did have a 10 PP advantage. A fair comparison is the longboi Gr.3 car, and while it nailed similar times, that car has a 10 PP disadvantage.. see where this is heading? The DBR9's PP value is bloated, me buckos! And as you already realized: the GT500 cars are getting better treatment in the performance side of things in class.

What's the correct band aid fix for this car? Well, here's what'd I do, without changing the BOP much, that is. Because we're not so gullible to assume a little bit of weight down and power up by themselves ain't going to cut it. I'd say.. PP go down by 8-12 so less nerfs on the BOP (it's 690 now vs a newer, less nerfed 690PP is going to be a game changer, trust me), give it a more suitable braking potential (in addition to already having it bring down the lard, fatcakes). And of course tighter gear ratios on gears above second to combat the poor top end, and the turn exit oversteer. And a new default setup. This setup will consist of perhaps a substantial soft front and hard rear difference it will ever have to go through, though not as much if you're not going to give it the BOP treatment and nerf its power rather than both. Generally, any settings that touch with grip such as negative camber, toe and LSD values aren't so important to change about here; they're fine with or without BOP. If you do want to raise the weight, how about putting some of it by the back so we get some of the car's rear out: perhaps a consideration if you need to sumoweight your DBR9. Speaking of which.. if brake balance is changeable, at least +2 is going to make it more towards your usual Group 3 car. I mean.. it's also okay if you want it at +5 since the car is very stable if you don't play with the throttle funny.

Thinking of signing with Aston Martin? Well, before you consider the historic, well refined engineers of Gaydon, it might not be a good idea as of writing. The V12 Vantage somehow got shafted as it transitioned into GT7, so I can fairly say their Group 3 performance is in shambles, and the Group 4 car, while solid in almost every way (especially sound), isn't enough for even the fastest, hardcore Group 4 master out there. I have a feeling a Group 1 contender's coming over, but this is the same feeling I have with a certain British-German crossover SUV.

full

Truly wish the current era Aston Martin racecars would come quick: should my words and analysis not sway, you don't need them to tell it's a cry for help.

Candy: "Oh, that Giles. Now I get why he's so worried.. this car's quite a cumbersome one. It can still work, I know it!"

full

As midday lands, the group of cars then put themselves on the line for a quick 10 lap skirmish.

full

As the light turns green, the racers punch forwards, with an exception..

full

Boniface: "Sacre bleu, that should not have happened!"

So, I've ran the 10 lap race 5 times, and there was no drama involved whatsoever.

Yes! The AI disappoints me for the first time on this! If you look at weeks with Group 3 racing, there are times where we do get some action about. But not this week I'm afraid.

There's no way I am writing people getting tense at each other for nothing. So.. quick photo shoot.

full

full

full

full

full

full

And how it ended..

full

Paul: "Look at that! P1, Giles. I'd congratulate you, but I say it's all dumb luck."

Giles: "Sod off, you blighter; it's always been my skill and elegance that trumps you. Always! (and tutelage from that Candy, of course..)"

full

Paul: "Thought this race was to cheer ME up! Not serve your agenda!"

Giles: "Blimey! He sees right bloody through me. W[BLEEP]er! I knew you miss me!"

Paul: "AHAHAHAHA! Like old times, lad. Aye aye, sir."

full

Okay: f[BLEEP] it. I lied. It's an Alfa Romeo. What you gonna do?
actually foreshadowing next week's song

As time passes, the track remains open to the public.

full

As Candy then notes as she awakes from a quick nap, a good chunk of today's roster gone by tea time.

Readying to check in at her favorite hotel in London, he attempts to leave was interrupted..

Fiona: "You. Sweet buns! Got a minute, little lady?"

Knowing her mental folder on Fiona Henderson being quite poor, Candy's confidence shutters down, with a quieted reply..

Candy: "Umm.. you still here?"

She however knew enough that's not her normal tone today, and thus launched a verbal assault..

Fiona: "What's wrong? That experiment in pain caused a small change in something, did it? I hear 'how dare you' is kind of the catchphrase for a wee lass like yerself."

Candy: "...that's the thing. I was so focused in the race, I forget to consider it! Infuriating. Still, that best lap means.. maybe there is some merit to pain."

Fiona: "Merit or not, I am not letting you scot free on hurting yourself for results!"

What she however saw wasn't your run of the mill supermodel, but a sister at heart, with the compassion Candy can sense under those harsh words.

The genius Fiona however read enough on the little racer's face to recognize.

Fiona: "Don't tell me I sound like Rin.. well, you know.. I never thought Rin had a sister. Uncle Alan told me she's an only child, and.."

Candy: "When she needs to describe that, she said that we're not related, but we're bonded.. then proceeded to squeeze the bones out of my tiny body."

Using Rin as a place to refer to, Fiona then commented a happening from back in Week 2.

Fiona: "She also told me not to call you cute."

Candy: "Rin-san found out the hard way what happens when I get called cute."

Fiona: "No s[BLEEP]t! Little runt like you and capable of intimidation. What a combo."

Candy: "There's a whole roster of capable in my body. And race the good race for your brother is definitely one of them. Speaking of which.."

The roar of the mighty V12 that shuddered the racing world then powered through the start line straight.

full

Knowing what's going on, Fiona continues, rambling on..

Fiona: "Aye, well. With everyone now gone, he be alone in that DBR9. I mean.. I didn't quite see the fuss about how he's been doing after the race, but hear me out: the fact that he's got a whole posse coming over for a quick sprint race to get his spirits up.. that fact, and that fact alone, I can tell from all his and me life together, definitely can push up his motivations."

That mental folder of Fiona Henderson has been stuffing up as the little racer applauds this superb character..

Candy: "Well said. You remind me how inspiring your brother can be.. like the day I first met him in Suzuka. Did he even.. actually, it doesn't matter."

Fiona: "Something on your mind?"

Candy: "I figured Giles was being a good race manager, but after I found he's arranged this all for himself.. actually again, never mind. Unimportant. How is it I've never seen the likes of you before?"

Fiona: "You're just an upper class stuck up, and I'm of that caliber as well, lassie. Just that.. I figure a divine force is stopping us to meet or something. No bloody way I can confirm. We're really two peas in the same pod. Sort of."

Candy: "I don't know.. you having a masters, plus that better body that makes me jealous.. it's different enough."

A bulb lights on Fiona's head as she described..

Fiona: "Oh, for sure! I figure this all be.. it explains why the hatred on the word.. cute, don't you think?"

Candy: "Oh right.. aren't you a smartass? Might it surprise it also explains my disorder on eating sweet stuff?"

Fiona: "You have a disorder that.. No. It can't b-no f[BLEEP]ing way you're named 'Candy' because you like to eat?"

Candy: "No, that's just silly. But well, he's right."

She's smart, but not able to predict the name that comes, thus the query..

Fiona: "Who?"

Candy: "Jacob. The dark one. I figure you know him too since you know Rin-san. He seems to have a stake at whatever your brother's been doing.. it's creepy."

Fiona: "You mean 'godparent' Jacob Ross?"

Those words however wasn't the one she's expecting, as she replies with a shock in her mind.

Candy: "Godparent?"

Fiona: "Paul's a father, you know? They're coming over in a bit. I'll let you meet his bairns: Amelia and Jacob."

Hearing that name again, Candy then figures they should meet, along with the stopping of her hotel plans..

Candy: "Jacob, eh.. well, I hope they'll grow up to be taller than four foot eleven of me."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's all so dismal, but if you ask me, the whole reasoning behind all of this is also all so unfortunate and forced upon. Due to these thoughts I'm not giving this car a rating.

It's just that.. when you're so comforted with the idea of other Group 3 cars, you just wonder.. we're really moving on, and this car is the prime example of having trouble keeping up. It's the Group C of the Gr. 3 bunch, but even where it shines, it can't quite outglow the others that can also do the same. It's such a pity, and winning Le Mans and other events en masse isn't something to pity upon.

Interesting how I prefaced the fact nobody's going to write this car, but look at all the posts rolling in! I was feeling a bit cruel this week, y'know? Can I say I have every right to tease and do this kind of in-your-face attitude to those who decided to just keep the car done and dusted with 3 sentences. It's an insult to one of the most iconic GT1 race cars before said class's end. To say it might be more insulting than what the game's done to it.. is just me being real harsh on the situation, but not entirely false.

I'm writing next week with the Carrera GT, and.. I must be real: while I have experience with that car for over 2 years, I'm quite sure it's not going to be like the Miura where I properly slaughter the lot of you that's not Vic because major skill issues. This I assure you. If you do need a substitute car, the MC20, 430 Scuderia and the 12C are excellent candidates with a similar vibe, though not with a straight up manual.

Bah, the main complaint I have with this write up is that.. why is this episode focused on someone completely different?

I guess the whole idea is that Candy is getting WAY more screen time than that of other main character, either has been, or to be. It's mainly because of the cars I want to write are connected to story writing, with a very small bunch that are not, such as the Ford GT '17 and next week's Porsche Carrera GT.

But let's introduce yet another returning fellow. At the time I started writing in the Gran Turismo 6 era, Paul Henderson was the main character and it led to a bevy of new roster that revolves around him. Personally, the best that came from this is easily the French siblings of Sainte-Croix, considering how soon they came in the story and this writeup on the whole. What follows from that is Rodulf Sorensen, the bounty hunter in a Bugatti. And Billy Bob Marsden, who got a fastlane up the roster entry because Signature Car. The next entry now comes in the form of Paul's sister: Fiona Henderson. Now, the thing about rebooting Fiona is.. how the hell do I do it? Her whole schtick is that she's a smart beauty who seems to have trouble in her social abilities.. see the similarities between her and Candy? Just a purpose only side character I hope to flesh out and develop further, and can this be the opportunity for that? Her old car might not make it through (Range Rover Sport Evoque), but her old theme song still remains: it's one of my favorite given leitmotifs.

This week's roster wheelspin winner was Daijiro Sasaki. I know he only gets like 2 or something lines, but he won, alright?

As the main character, Candy Lam is bound to appear in every segment, be it either as the lead role, or as a small mention.

The infamous Sweet Toothed Lone Wolf of Asia, or known worldwide as Le Glace Pacer. While her social presence is significantly poor, her presence on the track hasn't been short of perfection, now under the pressures of being a monetary source of higher powers, as well as her role being the most prime form of woman racers.. But don't let her hear that.

Theme Song: Def Leppard - Bad Actress
Racing Duel Music: Def Leppard - Nine Lives
Nationality: Hong Kongese
Current occupation: Professional racecar driver
Distinct features: Long, clean, straight ashen hair tied to a ponytail via traditional red braids. A stiff, stoic Asian beauty that starts to show sign of wrinkling, covered by heavy layers of makeup. Thin, rounded diamond face, with various beauty signs of it being worked on unnaturally, especially her unblemished small snub nose, heavily lipsticked mouth and thin brown Asian eyes. Short body with small proportions.
Choice of clothing: Typical modern glossy sleveless Hong Kong dress, but 90% she will have her favorite on, that's in blood red with a white bauhinia pattern on, with matching sandals. Most of her clothes and themes come in red or white.
Cars: Toyota GR Yaris 1st Edition RZ "High Performance", MINI Cooper S, Honda NSX Type R '02, Mazda Demio XD Touring

Even though she's a proud Hong Kongese, Candy is actually born in high society Tokyo, and more exposed to living in a usual Japanese lifestyle. An only child, it was easy to find herself spoiled rotten from a young age, getting what she wants and not caring how it got there, thanks to wealth she inherits strongly. Her father notably was an executive in Toyota's racing division.

A target in her younger ages, Candy's early life was full of trouble from others that are against her being a Hong Kong native in Japan. She never made any friends as a result, and this loner habit of hers remained even after changing schools, going so far to even give her a new alias. While her parents have a strong standing in the society she lived in, she remained in their shadow, because she couldn't find comfort out of it.

Upon reaching her adult days, Candy's first 'milestone' would come when an incident in a high class event caused her to run, leading to a manic police car chase spanning several weeks before she was arrested. The victim of these events would have deep ties with various Yakuza families. While her parents retreated to Hong Kong, Candy stayed in Japanese prison, learning that if nothing needs to come her way, she needs to learn something she initially dreaded to do: manipulate the human mind, a state of thought she was once a victim of.

After her sentence, she regained her freedom, and it didn't take long that was noticed by the city's largest street racing community. Still with her inherited wealth, she started off strong in the streets. Years then pass, in which she eventually proves herself as a top competitor for racing in many top endurance races worldwide.

While her fans are out there in many parts around for being a woman dominating a man's sport, she's not exactly a great social interactor, and is a nobody outside the racing community. With many questions still left unanswered, maybe there are more ulterior motives with the unsanctioned blue MINI project..

Representing a Asian flair within The Big 3, this homebrew London based musician often alternates her dual heritage sides of crazy and insane, shaken, stirred and then blended together in a cocktail nobody wants to have a taste of.

Theme Song: Helloween - Hocus Pocus
Racing Duel Music: TOKYO MACHINE - TURBO
Nationality: Half British, half Japanese
Current occupation: Radio DJ by day, Nightclub DJ by night
Distinct features: Paler than usual skin tone. Black short-medium bob, but with pink neon highlights. Round topped, but triangular bottomed face. Thin Asian brown eyes, stubby but subtle hooked nose and wide thin mouth. British styled freckles. Blade shaped tongue. Thin and short, but with larger proportions.
Choice of clothing: Never seen without designer wireless headphones on neck. Whatever she wears, it's often sporty and revealing, not to mention how much it emphasizes towards her chest. The most modest she can get on her upper body would be a skin tight singlet that's easy to loosen.
Cars: Nissan CONCEPT 2020 Vision GT, Nissan Silvia K's Dia Selection (S13)

Peigi's grown and still residing in her current birthplace of Hammersmith in central London. Being an only child of her British father and Japanese mother, Peigi's a wild youth who hates being alone, and to keep her company aside her family, she has two different national cultures to play with in her life. This, along with an early young age addiction to stimulating drugs and aphrodisiacs however made her unequally, as mentioned by various witnesses, hyper crazy.

Growing up in international communities, Peigi's known for being a control freak who's often found herself in trouble not for any kind of misdemeanor or rule breaking. It was her incessant, eccentric behavior that's often led her to either become the apex of trouble. She usually finds herself feigning innocence by acting funny or being quick on her thinking. She's only managed to graduate past high school, and the best skills she's acquired in her childhood include talking quick, being a show of enthusiasm, and garnering top grades in musics and drama class.

By day: she's a Radio DJ, but by night, it turns around to her taking to the turn tables at select clubs around London. Often when she's not in a gig, she's out racing in the streets, taking charge of The Mountain Blazers: the UK's top street racing crew of high octane import tuners, under alias as it's anonymous head honcho: The Yama-no-Kami, or The Mountain God. These roots of racing on the streets are unknown, but the skills she's developed stemmed from her days as a serious Junior racing series competitor. There are rumors that something else's been done artificially; being a top tier illegal street racer aged at 22 is bound to set some red flags.

Her psyche may be fragile, and considering what kind of person she is behind the mask, breaking it is a risk nobody is willing to take. Within her peers, family, crewmates and The Cinderella, there's an official list of what not to mention to Peigi, such as certain names in music, society and movies to name a few..

Once a troubled drunk whose success in touring cars was washed aside, Paul gained a new sense in life after dropping the bottle and working on his family. But a new inner Scottish bloodlust arises, and he's making troublesome dealings with it going uncontrolled as his spotlight shines being the current FIA figurehead.

Theme Song: U2 - Hawkmoon 269
Racing Duel Music: U2 - Where The Streets Have No Name, Alpine Stars - Jump Jet
Nationality: Scottish
Current occupation: Race car driver
Distinct features: Scruffy medium brown hair parted at the center. Wide, slightly tall brown eyes. Thin hooked nose with semi-thick, but narrow mouth. Non distinct marks of red all over face due to alcohol addiction in the past. Thin brown soul patch on the chin and a very discrete goatee. Oval triangular face. Thin, but with developing muscle on body, with average height over bright skin.
Choice of clothing: Always with a plaid design flatcap, but his favorite's a gray one with green accents. Attire varies, but the general look with him consists of a long sleeved polo shirt, thin jeans, and leather shoes.
Cars: Aston Martin One-77, Volkswagen Golf I GTI

Born the son of his professional golfer father, and his housewife mother, Paul was born a free spirit, the second of the family's Wembley born children. Notably in their childhood, Paul would represent the manly, more physical side of the new generation, while his older sister would pick up the books and become the brains of the family. That principle still remains today, where Paul would use his sister's advice to conquer any obstacle, and his sister would use him for her own goals.

Paul initially wanted to become a golfer like his dad, but as he grew up, the appeal of the sport didn't stick with him as he would eventually transition to racing karts in his teenage days. While various reasons came to mind such as the meeting of certain racing figures, and his interest in engineering grew, the real reason was, just like any growing man would do: impress a lady. The girl he fell in love with was into said go karting scene, and it so happens her father was The Bristol Harbinger: a famed Le Mans endurance racer from the mid 70s. Still, being close to his own father would mean his golfing skills are just as fine as his racing.

Becoming a family man at the height of his career would bring out the worst in him, as this era of Paul would end up being an overly aggressive competitor in touring cars. Worse, he went into drinking, and it would corrupt what's left of his good side, developing fits of rage and even moments where he would have a weakened spirit. But even if things got worse, the bottom of it all never seemed to develop. His family stayed, he's never gotten in big trouble, and even if he got his racing license suspended, he could still find ways to support his family. He believes in some form he's lucky, and that was exemplified when he became the lucky owner of an Aston One-77.

After a series of events involving a conspiracy, assassins, a nuclear heart, and his long time rival's heel face turn, Paul would start rooting out what was wrong with him, dropping the bottle and becoming what he calls a newer, better him. Having the most successful of comeback tours, Paul would become the face of the UK's GT racing scene, and become the standard of Group 3 racers on the whole. While this is a tall task, Paul now has a new catchphrase to keep an open mind, and so far it's not failed him yet.

An aristocratic, but overall simplistic French gentleman, carrying awards in literature as well as a well versed connoisseur of wine. But his biggest achievement is none of those, but of racing in the GT leagues, most notably being a dominating recurring champion of the Supercar Festival Leagues.

Theme Song: Yes - It Can Happen (Cinema Version)
Racing Duel Music: Yes - Love Will Find A Way
Nationality: French
Current occupation: Race car driver
Distinct features: Clean combed back black hair, with a large white stripe in the center. Baby blue eyes, almost always seem closed. Thin mustache, wide upturned nose and mouth with regular skin tone. Slightly thin build with average height.
Choice of clothing: Fine suits are his wardrobe's modus operandi. Comes in many forms, but his favorite combine a silver slim fit suit vest and matching pants. Expensive accessories from a Rolex watch, fountain pens in his pockets, golden pins of various fancy shapes, and a pinned handcrafted gold trimmed rose (doubles as a hidden knife).
Cars: KTM X-BOW R, Alpine A110 (2017), Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GT Veloce, Maserati MC20

Secretly referred to the as the family's little Bon Bon, Boniface is the last of 3 current generation of the infamous Richelieu of Sainte-Croix-du-Verdon: a family whose wealth surpasses many that of just about anyone in Europe thanks to their stake in developing nuclear products, particularly electrical power and energy developments worldwide. While the middle child handles this business without remorse, and the eldest sister being a very well known bounty hunter for the Assassin's Guild, Boniface himself gets his family name famous in sport, notably in race cars.

Unlike his Paris born sisters, Boniface was born when they've already retreated to Sainte-Croix. But from a young age, he was often sent to the capital to be raised by relatives, schooled in the most lofty of education institutions. As he grew up, he didn't get along with others of his age well, but rather preferred to be among other adults, eventually acting and getting along with them. While his maturity rised, his manners remained sloppy and smug, thus why he usually calls similarly aged persons barbarians, brutes, or whatever synonym he can figure out.

These connections would eventually lead to two of his life's greatest passions. Race car driving, and wine. After high school, he went on to quickly pursue them. Eventually, he would become a famed touring car racer, notably as the sport's purely clean racer with a near perfect clean race record. His interest in wine would lead them to his other life as a wine connoisseur, releasing weekly reviews to his online website. An open learner whose recently graduated with a Major in English Literature, Boniface's current focus is to help his family's financial issues, with its problems stemming from his sister's newly diagnosed complications in her heart.

Thanks to burying the hatchet with his long time Scottish rival, he's found yet another path to take in being the recurring champion of the Supercar Festival. But those skills are put to the test as he inadvertently made his way into the ranks of The Prophecy as their newest Chosen.

She might look like your usual office worker, but behind this thick skinned devil is a self serving, unfaltering genius that put Crown Jewels to the top of the street racing food chain.

Theme Song: Nightwish - Devil & the Deep Dark Ocean
Racing Duel Music: Nightwish - The Poet and the Pendulum: Part 2 - Home
Nationality: British
Current occupation: Museum secretary
Distinct features: Bunned up long orange hair. Thin triangle shaped face with sensual deep blue eyes and thin aquiline nose. Wears large wide brim glasses with a holder, often shining sinisterly. Notable shine on lips due to her addiction to reapplying lipstick. Has a few beauty marks: one under her lip, another next to her left eye. Bright pale skin surrounds this tall, slender figure with thickened limbs, even moreso her lower half.
Choice of clothing: Usually with office wear on, such as a tailored suit jacket, a blazer with matching skirt, and heels with stockings. She cares immensely towards her presentation, and keeps these clean to the best of her ability.
Cars: Mercedes-AMG GT R

Carrying double award degrees in administration, Samantha's life started off as a rustic farmhand off the lands in East Anglia. While handling potatoes, both figuratively and literally, she found herself to be the perfect duo of brawn and brains of the family, and thought well enough to pursue a higher education. A dark, pressure exhuming entrepreneur, and a bit of a self developed genius, but she assumes all this be only natural.

Her post educatIon life however hasn't been smooth. She's always a top performer in any work she finds herself into, so much so that she's never in the same job for more than a year. That's changed when she decides slowing down is the way to go, and finds herself as the top dog within the Crowden Automotive Museum, representing as an ambassador for Legend Cars, posed behind only Giles himself. Her work by day involve managing auctions and transfer of cars, with the aim of getting record profits for the museum flipping prices on expensive antiques.

However, finding out that the museum is a staging ground for Giles' desire of something more illicit, Samantha's honest views start to falter due to the amounts of money she's offered to maintain both day to day museum activities, and the logistics behind the Crown Jewels. Not to mention she's being taught how to drive, and develops a like for good racing every now and then. But all in all, she's a self reserved, dominating figure with a penchant for hard work and knowledge. But to say new age Samantha as suspicious is not unheard of.

An intelligent man who's anger led to better things than just mental help. This figure would be the self recognized leader of the most exclusive and feared street racers within Europe: The Prophecy.

Theme Song: Avenged Sevenfold - Unbound (The Wild Ride)
Racing Duel Music: Slayer - Raining Blood
Nationality: Welsh
Current occupation: If not a fanatically themed cult leader, a car show host
Distinct features: Short red hair over a short, rounded diamond face. Sharp green eyes, with a hint of red in the whites, as if fury's always present. Tearful eyes, thin nose and small mouth. Average build and height with bright skin, but with a more noticeable muscle built upper body.
Choice of clothing: Top of the line branded clothes and accessories, but nothing out of the quintessential British fashion, including a newsboy cap, long multi layered skin covered articles of fancy fashion, and climbing boots.
Cars: LaFerrari, Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary, Ferrari F430 Scuderia, Volkswagen Sambabus Typ 2

Real name: Maximus Davies. Clark Kayne is merely an alias for this Cardiff born orphan. After his abusive family's demise by his hand personally, he was raised in Manchester, and thus met an important figurehead for his life onward: the sole successor of the Kirkham Foundation, who would end up being a legendary 90's era racing youth, and his beloved brother for life.

Nowadays, he's mainly known as the only, then one of the three hosts in slowly uprising car show Sim Gear. But his real portfolio would be as the sole individual that leads The Prophecy: a London based street crew that houses strict teachings and top end performance car culture, once the sole governing entity that dominates all of the UK's street racing.

While a bit of a pugilist, has a bit of a temper and enjoys violence on a minor scale, Clark possesses a great IQ level, and strategizes often for the next move. Aside writing gospels for his exclusive club, Clark finds himself credited for writing scripts and scenarios for Sim Gear, as well as carrying it initially as the sole figurehead while the studio was still getting started.

Also with a leaning towards illegally obtained Ferraris, Clark has the talent to handle whatever car he can reach forth, infamous for running the V12 Hybrid trinity LaFerrari on the roads without incident. Despite this, his racing talents shine only away from the track, due to a past incident he won't let go from that cost him his reputation and potential partner for life.

While mostly a withdrawal and overly careful man of the track, he now rules as leader of the Crown Jewels: a London based street racing crew specializing in classy Euro flair, notably on old school and muscle. But it's mostly all about having a smashing old, illegally fast time on the road.

Theme Song: Pink Floyd - One of These Days (Soul Machine remix)
Racing Duel Music: Bloc Party - Prayer (Does It Offend You, Yeah? remix), The Prodigy - Spitfire
Nationality: British
Current occupation: Museum curator
Distinct features: Short, combed back burgundy hair. Round, thin face. Deep-set brown eyes, average tall nose, with a small fancy mustache, and visibly has a top of the line dental plan behind his clean small lips. Overall average build and height surrounded by a pale-ish dark skin.
Choice of clothing: Classy British, usually with an argyle vest and matching 3/4 length leggings and slip ons. A longcoat can cover this for colder weathers.
Cars: Aston Martin Vulcan, Aston Martin V8 Vantage, Aston Martin DB5

Having lived in London from his youth, Giles is no stranger to the gentlemen's community within. If a younger Giles was to be defined, it would be his love of many old British sports, such as polo, rugby and fox hunting. Racing would enter that equation by suggestion, and being incredibly competitive at driving old Japanese hatchbacks in Euro dominated touring cars would become a staple in his career highlights.

Done with the riff raff and the drama, Giles eventually found himself as a former touring car racer, who found the rewards behind it all wasn't worth keeping himself in. Instead of packing away in shame, he found himself reborn as soon as street racing became part of his life's equation, thanks to, once again, a suggestion by his old friend: The Messiah.

A mostly stiff but just as pleasant man whose lived the upper class British lifestyle through his family heritage. Now largely done with the track, Giles shares his interests in cars through the Crowden Automotive Museum: a small but flourishing attraction located by the outskirts of Oxford. Can come of as a bit of a pessimist due to his careful nature, but he often finds good reasons to do so.

While this is true by day, by night, Giles' successes in his years street racing causes him to win big, as he takes the mantle of The Spitfire: a member of London's The Big 3 that dominates the night races with his custom Aston Martin Vulcan. Its presence brings an orderly sign in the chaos of the high velocity night life.

A Mountain Blazer staple, internally known as The Ogre. The protector of these dangerous paths, whose proved time and time again that the mountain isn't to be climbed by unprepared adventurers.

Theme Song: Midnight Oil - Armistice Day
Racing Duel Music: Asia - Ride Easy
Nationality: Japanese
Current occupation: Bouncer
Distinct features: Medium, flat top shined black hair. Wide, square face reinforcing his chiseled Asian look. Eyes squinted enought to say they're seemingly non-existant, but works fine. Wide chiseled nose and large wide plain mouth. Tall, large figure with muscles, in an also chubby way.
Choice of clothing: Normally in a suit with jacket combo, with jacket arms folded inwards. In casual moods, or while racing, he wears comfortable traditional Japanese clothing.
Cars: Mitsubishi GTO

An Osaka native. A once aggressive, always brash former sumo wrestler whose moment of fame in ring was taken to a halt by his terminally ill dying daughter. After her passing, Daijiro made amends with his heartbroken family, and couldn't find solace in staying at his home turf. He travelled across the world to hopefully soothe these senses, eventually finding his zen by being a grunt heavy, but overall quiet passive man.

His journeys would take him all the way to the UK, where his fellow Japanese relations within would have him witness a young Hammersmith born hafu on stage as a nightclub DJ: who he mentally identifies as a splitting image of his own daughter. With a fire in him roaring, and a determination set, he finds out of her street racing game quickly and as years passs, then proves himself to be worthy of someone like The Mountain God's protector, be it her identity, her side hustle or her life.

Despite issues getting along initially, they both willingly mature to each other, and importantly to Daijiro: it's a total win as he gets a second chance to be a father figure.

He might be more of a dormant volcano, only communicating in grunts or small pronounciations, but anyone who knows Daijiro understands that he carries a gentle heart from his rough exterior, especially the sickly thin bizarre half German poseur who's usually at his side.

As the clock struck 12, her past became a mystery, and what's left of has been shrouded by her persistent pursuees. But as she becomes an integral member of the Big 3, she ventures on to find her hazed past, or perhaps start anew?

Theme Song: Eddie Vedder - Invincible
Racing Duel Music: not yet found
Nationality: Presumably British
Current occupation: Unknown
Distinct features: Medium, slightly curled burgundy red hair. Straight, angular brows. Diamond shaped face, with an attractive look consisting of a subtle aquiline nose, thin rounded eyes and small mouth. Thin application of makeup, with a notably strong appication of pale red lipstick. While pleasant to look at, her facial expressions are notably exaggerated. Average height and build over pale caucasian skin, but notably fit.
Choice of clothing: Always today's fashion. If she would wear anything usual, they would be locally sourced or given a much fancier look than usual. Normally with a blouse and long pants, wearing raised sandals.
Cars: Nissan Z Performance, Nissan Z 432

The Tales of Cinderella (planned Gran Turismo 7 based story) intends to help open her to the world as she dedicates herself to search for her past.. thus this segment is intentionally redacted.

Primarily known as a top running figure head for the nuclear energy industry, Mirielle's standing as a tough, merciless woman in this industry has earned her a feared moniker as the Nuclear Baroness.

Theme Song: Anthrax - Breathing Lightning
Current occupation: Industry director
Distinct features: Bleached blond, clean short ponytails, with thin application of makeup. Rounded triangular face with a much wider forehead. Always winced amber eyes. Small nose and mouth. Bleached lightly caucasian skin tone, with a slightly short height with average proportions.
Choice of clothing: As seen by the public, she's always seen with a formal suit combined with a body length dress. Has bowties all over the body, prominently her neck, left arm, hair and on her socks. Behind closed doors, Mirielle has a gothic sense of fashion, liking to dress with overblown frilly designs.
Cars: Usually has someone else drive her Porsche Taycan Turbo

A strong standing figure that's always hiding any sense of morality, Mirielle is the in-between 2nd of 3 current generation of the infamous Richelieu of Sainte-Croix-du-Verdon: a family whose wealth surpasses many that of just about anyone in Europe thanks to their stake in developing nuclear products, particularly electrical power and energy developments worldwide. While the lone son dabbles in top tier road car racing, and the eldest sister working with high respects from the Assassin's Guild, Mirielle gets herself in the family business as the VVIP that handles a majority stake of the West European nuclear energy business, with her methods and merciless acts giving her the nickname 'Nuclear Baroness'.

As she was born and raised in high society, Mirielle was never your usually normal spoiled rich girl. She had strange hobbies, odd interests and is generally seen as a sociopath even in her young days. When an incident that involves a few rich families cause a forceful shape in her personality to something twisted and cruel, the family retreated all the way south to Sainte-Croix-du-Verdon. She never recovered from this, but this eventually gotten her the footing she needed to be for the future: to be better than those she saw as part of the Parisian rich and wealthy.

It didn't quite stop anyone from seeing her passions: engineering. Initially going for space travel, Mirielle realized that it's all a huge gamble, dropping it as soon as she sees the state of the world. By the time women were to find interest in fashion or men, Mirielle's interests was to make sure her family's on the top of the food chain, and takes a huge gamble in taking stakes in the nuclear energy business as soon as her parents passed down their inheritance. However, this move made her a target, and led to her hiring certain members of the Assassin's Guild to protect her, adopting one known as the Killer of Killers to be her right hand lady.

While their successes came to be with her iron fist, it didn't come without any repercussions. Mirielle's heart started to decay due to the exposure to radiation on a periodical basis and needed replacing fairly frequently. Unable to cope with this financially over time, and seeing the struggles of her siblings, Mirielle had no choice and made a deal with the Kirkham Foundation. Now as one of the many shareholders, Mirielle's possibly decaying health gave her the push to change her ways, beginning with supporting her little brother's role as the newest member of the Mythic Initiative.

Ama's entire life has been behind a shadow, always being second place. But this lustful devil puts herself at a prominent position as a killer and a bounty hunter on the rise, thanks to opportunities arising that work well with her renewed, sexy business plans.

Theme Song: Pearl Jam - Why Go
Current occupation: Bounty hunter
Distinct features: Dyed dark green long straight hair, with heavy makeup. Rounded triangular facial features. Overall face gives off a masculine Nordic vibes, with green heavily lashed almond shaped eyes, thick nose and mouth. Tall, caucasian figure with a large voluptuous body with bare hint of muscles.
Choice of clothing: Depending on the moment, the outside clothing varies, from needing a thick jacket or not. There's always a tight body fitted combat suit with sharp heels under all of that.
Cars: Porsche 911 Carrera RS (964)

A lustful passionate emerald, Amadine is the first of 3 current generation of the infamous Richelieu of Sainte-Croix-du-Vernon: a family whose wealth surpasses many that of just about anyone in Europe thanks to their stake in developing nuclear products, particularly electrical power and energy developments worldwide. While the middle child handles this business without remorse, and the youngest son dabbles in top level racing, Ama finds herself in the business of bounty hunting, also within the shadows of her many nemeses.

If there's one thing anyone knows about this family, it's that money never is an issue for the Richelieu. Before the family retreated to the south east edge of the country, she was born and raised in the elite classes of France's rich within Paris city borders, Amadine soon found her calling in life thanks to many part in her physical prowess, dexterity and strength. Her affinity for green stems when she was playfully called She-Hulk by her peers as she grew more built and more savage like in her teenage days, even though she gained a more associative and an opportunistic way of thinking then. It wasn't an issue for her; rather it's her way of remembering what she likes of her past. Upon reaching adulthood, she would dabble into various medium catered for adults: a passion she shares with her little brother, though it got her to that personality she's always clinged toward today.

With her first kill from an individual that has been heavily abusing his wealth against her own family's, Ama learned said thrill firsthand, and became a self taught killer, assisted by her family and wealth. Working as a private hire BDSM by day, her unique flair slowly reveals, especially with the use of calling cards. While not exactly famous, Ama's also the only known survivor from a one on one battle against the most feared assassin in the world: one of the Trinita L'Assassina known as the Killer of Killers. She's serious about her work, but she's also known to toy around her victims, challengers.. perhaps anyone she's keen to meet with her own two eyes.

To the outside world, she is one of the strictest fashion models to grace the planet, credited to her hard knocks beginning to current. But behind that snooty, perhaps cruel face is a warm heart willing to progress further to the greater good.. of her own small group of friends and family.

Theme Song: Cher - One By One
Nationality: Scottish
Current occupation: Runway model
Distinct features: Long wavy orange hair, parted at the side. Wide, narrow brown eyes. Thin hooked nose. Regular sized close pointed lips. Always under heavy layers of makeup under her eyes, cheeks and mouth. Various beauty marks by the ends of her cheeks. Oval shaped diamond face. Tall body, with well developed features. Has a tattoo of a dragon on her left arm.
Choice of clothing: There is no way anyone in the public's seen her without her gigantic thistle blue hair clip, a shiny designer dress and tall pumps. In less formal situations, she takes from her little brother and can be found wearing designer tank top and jeans combo with sporty shoes.
Cars: Porsche 718 Cayman GT4

While Paul may be a Londoner from birth, Fiona started off life a couple years earlier when the family still resided in Aberdeen. However, unlike Paul who was a great force physically, Fiona was an instant case of the perfect but a notably snooty and arrogant little girl. Homeschooled by a select bunch by her parents, the result of this came in her teens, identifying herself an overachiever in anything she's done. Though, behind that is a secret: not many know the fact of Fiona's early days drowned into the rebellious child that would steal, take drugs, and possibly worse. However, while the clashing of various other multiracial groups grew an inner racist that still remained in her to this day, she remained bright, athletic and talented; surprising traits for her renown as a high school bully.

Upon hearing Paul's youth being hardened due to this lifestyle, a higher education bound Fiona would drop this all just before she would leave school, predicting her reputation will hurt him. Initially afraid this would oust her to her own parents, she would lie her way into the nearby prestigious institutes to keep Paul at bay until he's met The Bristol Harbinger. Worried one such threat can come to ruin her stride, she would swear, before leaving for Aberdeen, that she would protect her brother from these forces. And while that fear never came to today, it resulted in her unwavering support for her brother and by proxy: his family and closely related.

Using her gifts and gab, she finds herself eventually aiming for a doctorate in psychology. It sounded all too good, until Fiona however found her fate to be on the world of fashion, as she was noticed due to her similarities to other models then. She then entered this chance, and behind another visage, she acted with grace and took advantage of her beauty. Praise followed, now with her hoping to use this as a memory that helps forget her more savage delinquent past. While the news was shocking, her decision was better for everyone, now able to sustain and also make her own living. Outside the runway, she has appeared as competitors for dancing competitions, particularly for more traditional dances. What drove this desire however isn't clear yet.

After a series of events involving a conspiracy, assassins, a nuclear heart, and her brother's long time rival's heel face turn, Fiona would come in the face of the Assassin's Guild after barely surviving a vicious attack by the Hel Walker. While not part of them, she makes use of their services, while straying away from the killing, proof she's at least morally sound, and not unpredictable.

Shoutout to Obe for attempting a Daily Race with the DBR9 GT1! Lobby goers will know exactly just how big an ask it is to make the big Aston keep up with more modern machinery in Gr.3!

And speaking of Obe... he has a good segue to introducing this week's car...

An invitation-only car? Perish the thought!

This week's car is perhaps the most notorious car in the game, or perhaps even in real life.

Reserved by SPD since August of last year, it's finally time for the fearsome Porsche Carrera GT '04 to take centre stage at COTW!

Gran Turismo® 7_20241026184113.png

If you want an idea of how a Carrera GT drives, well... just know that Porsche has issued a recall on all 1,300 Carrera GTs ever made to fix a potential suspension issue, and were all fitted with new tyres, with the recall just wrapping up just this month. Just know that you can't send in your digital version of the car for those fixes, so watch your right foot with this one!

Weekly Lobbies

Our weekly lobbies are ongoing as usual, and anyone (not a dick) is welcome to join us in racing bone stock Carrera GTs under BoP conditions!

Click on the hyperlinks to convert the times to your time zone, and feel free to add the hosts as friends on PSN to make searching for the lobbies easier!

The Americas Lobby

The Asia/Oceania also kinda European Lobby​

BoP/Settings Disabled: On (Cars will temporarily be reverted to stock settings, WIDE BODIED AND/OR ENGINE SWAPPED CARS WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE!)
Tracks: Randomly selected by lobby participants (~5 mins practice, ~10 mins sprint)
PP Limit: 625PP
Car: No Limit
Tyres: Sports Hard

~Single–Player Challenge!~

Since we GT7 players and our digital Carrera GTs are left neglected with regards to the recall, this week's Single–Player Challenge tasks you to become Bob the Builder, and the question is, "can you fix it?"

You're to improve on the CGT's driving characteristics by only changing its suspension settings, wearing only Sports Medium tyres. Fastest total race time around Kyoto's Hypercar Parade wins!

Of course, we always welcome opinions, tunes, liveries, photos, videos, or stories about the car here on the thread!

Latest Posts

Back