Car of the Week | Week 74: A Slippery Start (Toyota Aqua S '11)

What a banger tune!

7c6.jpg

The Subaru BRZ/Toyota GR86 twins are cars that aren't even worth reviewing in the real world. It's not that they're bad, per se; it's just that, as the last members of the critically endangered species of "affordable rear drive sports cars", they don't really have much competition. If a prospective sports car shopper has a tighter budget and/or wants the open top, they'd be funnelled into the Mazda Roadster. If they need more space and/or a more focused track toy out of the box, only the Boxer twins provide those. Yeah, real life can very often be a bit of a downer sometimes.

Gran%20Turismo%C2%AE%207_20240728172550.png

When immortalised into the digital realm of Gran Turismo 7 however, the Toyobaru twins face much, much stiffer competition than a softly sprung Roadster. The twins' performance windows put them square in what I consider to be the "Performance Sweet Spot" of sports cars: around 230HP, and around 1.1 to 1.3 tonnes in mass. It's in this window where I feel that power, speed, mass balance, suspension, differential, and tyres all form the perfect, harmonious balance with each other with nothing dominating the experience, allowing the whole package to be cohesive and really come alive. Some of the industry's most legendary sports cars fall into this bracket, such as the 901 Carrera RS 2.7, E30 M3 SE, AP1 S2000, and of course, my absolute darling RX-8 Spirit R. Given this wealth of options in a racing game, can the Boxer–engined newcomers punch out a niche for themselves in this esteemed company?

THE%20PICASSO%20EDIT.png

As the most modern cars in the group, the ZD8 BRZ and ZN8 GR86 twins definitely look and feel their spring chicken age; they are the only ones that make usable torque in the mid range, despite the fact that they are Naturally Aspirated like everything else in the group. The "DN8 Twins", as I'll refer to them from now, have achieved this mid–range shove from their Boxer engines having been bored out from 86 millimetres to 94mm (3.386in to 3.701in), but before the fanboys go crying foul that the Eight—Six doesn't have an 86 engine anymore, the stroke is still unchanged at 86mm. Despite the increased bore, rev limit for this new FA24 engine remains unchanged from the previous FA20 engine at a healthy, ample 8,000rpm, with the only difference this time round being the increased power output of 231HP (172kW), and that one doesn't have to play "Blackjack: Engine Revs Edition" to find it. With this hike in mid–range torque, the torque "waves" of the FA24 are so well balanced against the gear ratios that the DN8 Twins are among the very few cars that can shift at a wide rpm range without losing any speed; anywhere from 7,4 to 7,8 is good, the former of which is when the game will shift for the driver if left in automatic shifting. The real benefit of this mid–range torque is of course, coming out of tight corners; as manual gearboxes take an eternity and a half to shift in this game, and this game heavily rewards short shifting to control power oversteer out of corners, making luggable engines a godsend.

Gran%20Turismo%C2%AE%207_20240730082207.png

Black Rock Shooter Elishka BRZ by shenlin2001
#brs #blackrockshooter #elishka

But it's not just in the torquey engine backed up by the cars' speakers where the DN8 Twins feel modern; they also have a stupefying amount of chassis rigidity—possible only with today's technology—that makes them feel incredibly responsive and direct, which is of course upholstered by similarly stiff suspension setups. If the enlarged engine wasn't enough to pull the DN8 Twins away from the Mazda Roadsters, the no–nonsense springs ensure that a serious track day enthusiast would never cross shop the focused coupé twins with the lackadaisical convertibles. The suspension setup on the top grades of the DN8 Twins represented in this game are set up for track duty out of the box, permitting very little pitch and roll to make sure that all four tyres are always within their drivers' reach and control. These springs are so stiff in fact, they can sometimes boarder on unforgiving, even on a paved racetrack; hitting rumble strips at weird angles, even some seemingly innocuous ones like the inside of Lesmo 2, is liable to disconcertingly hop the DN8s and rob the driver of crucial milliseconds of control, which can quickly result in a spin if the driver is not prepared for it.

Gran%20Turismo%C2%AE%207_20240730082241.png

But when the oldskool approach is best, the DN8 twins can feel like they have rolled right off a time machine. There are good old fashioned buttons and knobs for air con and audio, for starters, and any company sensible and caring enough to still give us that in 2024, I will trust with childlike faith. There are no weird gimmicks, overprotective nannies, or overbearing understeer hard–baked into the suspension and tyre setups to dampen a spirited drive, and in the context of 2024, that is such a breath of fresh air to a man desperately in need of CPR. Uplifting spirits further is their quoted mass: 1,270kg (2,800lbs) apiece, which, while representing a 40kg (88lbs) increase over the preceding ZN6 when comparing top trims of the Toyotas, is still an impossibly light number by today's stringent and demanding standards, and I would even go as far as to argue that the mass increase is well worth it for the extra performance on offer, because the difference in mass is only something I might barely notice hopping between ZN6 and ZN8 back–to–back. That is to say that, judged on their own merits, the heavier DN8 Twins stand on their own four wheels as a compelling drive. The front ends of the DN8 Twins are so sharp and crisp that steering them both felt like trying to redirect origami cars rather than brutish metal chunks, and it's a sensation long thought extinct in the industry. This of course is due in no small part to the Boxer Engines, which boast a low centre of gravity, but the bonnet, front fenders, and even the roof being made of lightweight aluminium also deserve special mention for contributing to that sensation. And very unlike modern cars that try to protect its driver with crippling understeer, the DN8 Twins are not afraid to play, helpfully peeking out the rear end just a tiny bit on hard trail braking to get the car rotated into a tight corner. Equipped as–standard on all grades with a Torsen Limited Slip Differential, the torquey engine is of course capable of breaking grip on the 215mm section tyres to put on a smokescreen.

...oftentimes without the driver intending to.

Gran%20Turismo%C2%AE%207_20240731131218.png

Said Torsen LSD on both the twins are an evil blight upon their performance and driving feel, locking up much too early on power and actively crippling the twins. The grip and lightness of the car is there, and I know the cars can put down more power much earlier out of a corner if not for the LSD prematurely locking up and sending the rear ends sideways. It feels to me as if the diff has been set up from the factory for the car to go drifting, and I personally hate the way it makes the cars drive. The stiff diff make the twins awfully twitchy on corner exits, with tight hairpins like Andretti Hairpin most clearly highlighting the problem, and they cost the twins so much pace that I legitimately set a faster lap time in an RX-8 around Laguna Seca despite the 4–door sedan being some 70 kilos (154lbs) heavier with only 1 more HP over the DN8 Twins. The diff quickly and strongly locking up also makes tracks that heavily necessitate corner cutting, such as the newly–added Eiger Nordwand, extremely precarious to navigate, as one rear tyre losing grip and spinning up quickly brings the other along, surrendering all grip on both sides and making the car extremely skittish, often resulting in frantic wheel shuffling until the driver can gather back together the car. Then again, this is hardly the first time I've complained about the diff being too tight in cars, so it could just be that I personally prefer extremely loose differentials. I just personally find the tight diff in the DN8 Twins especially disappointing because I genuinely think they could be in the conversation for the best driving cars ever made, and the diff has single–handedly ruined the DN8 Twins for me.

Gran%20Turismo%C2%AE%207_20240730082152.png

The ZD8 BRZ has notably softer springs on the rear than the ZN8 GR86, which does go some ways in assuaging the problem, and that's the only difference I can find between the twins both on the spec sheet and out on the track. I feel as if the LSD on the twins, much like their stiff suspension and under stressed chassis, were set up to handle a fair bit more power and grip than the cars have bone stock, aimed at saving a builder on a budget from shelling out for an aftermarket differential. If it were me, though? I'd shell out for an aftermarket differential and leave the rest of the car as–is. And that perhaps is the area that the twins feel the most modern: they're sold as capable, perfectly serviceable bases, but just like most modern video games, they can feel a bit wanting and perhaps even lacking in personality until updates, DLC, and fan–made mods fix a few annoyances and really bring out their latent flavours. The older cars in that comparison group, the 901 Carrera RS 2.7, E30 M3 SE, AP1 S2000, and SE3P RX-8, are all sold as cohesive products that had to make sense as they left the factory, each brimming with their unique personalities and kinks that will need ironing out if their owners are to try to tune them. That is to say, if you're someone who likes to customise and tune cars, the Toyobaru Twins are a much more accessible and accepting base, but if you're someone who just wants to hop into a car, not have to think about much and just enjoy the drive, I think any of the other aforementioned cars will give much more smiles per mile than the DN8 twins.

Gran%20Turismo%C2%AE%207_20240730082235.png

Me personally, I like my stuff to work right out of the box without having to mess and tinker with thousands of values—that's why I play Gran Turismo over other sims, after all! And it's for this reason that the 901 Carrera RS 2.7 and the SE3P RX-8 still reign supreme as the best driving road cars in the game to me. That being said, I also recognise that I'm in a very lucky position to be able to nitpick the ZD8 and ZN8, and I'm still incredibly grateful for their continued existence in today's market, because they carry on the dying light of the relatively affordable rear drive sports cars with stick shifts that serve as proof that other car companies have absolutely no excuse to be unable to give us cars that feel old in all the right places, and new where new makes sense.

Last edited:
Only SPD tried last week's special challenge, where he found the Clio to be more than capable of smashing bona–fide rally racing machines around Sardegna: Windmills. Well done, and thank you for your participation!

So... this week's car was supposed to be last week's car, but better late than never, right? I suspect that sentiment also fits the car, because this week, we're featuring the recently returned Ferrari 430 Scuderia '07, chosen by @Pickle_Rick74 !

Gran Turismo® 7_20240803003932.png

Ferrari's flagship midships have always set the standard in the supercar world, but the beefed up, stripped out version of the F430, named the 430 Scuderia, looked to set the standard to follow on a racetrack as well. The beloved 4.3L NA V8 has been pumped up to produce yet more power in excess of 500HP, and weighing in at a quoted 1,350kg (2,976lbs), why, it might just... drive you up a wall and invalidate your lap time :sly:

No worries about that in our weekly lobbies if you fancy joining us in racing bone stock 430 Scuds, though! Just light Mechanical Damage :)

Weekly Lobbies

Our weekly lobbies are ongoing as usual, and anyone (not a dick) is welcome to join us in racing bone stock 430 Scuderias under BoP conditions!

Click on the hyperlinks to convert the times to your time zone, and feel free to add the hosts as friends on PSN to make searching for the lobbies easier!

The Americas Lobby

The Asia/Oceania also kinda European Lobby​

BoP/Settings Disabled: On (Temporarily reverts cars to stock; WIDE BODIED AND ENGINE SWAPPED CARS ARE NOT ELIGIBLE!)
Tracks: Randomly selected by lobby participants (~5 mins practice, ~10 mins sprint)
PP Limit: 628PP
Car: No Limit
Tyres: Sports Hard

~Single–Player Challenge!~

Seeing as Update 1.49 is so heavily laden with nostalgia for the PS3 era, let's lean into that with this week's ~Single–Player Challenge!~

This week, we're recreating one of the events in Gran Turismo 5's "Grand Tour" series. Grab a bone stock 430 Scud and set up the following Custom Race:

Track: Monza (With Chicane)
Laps: 2
No. of Cars/Starting Pos.: 16/16
Difficulty: Hard/Professional
Penalties: Track Cut (Weak), Car Collision (Weak)

Opponents: Select from Garage

(All bone stock cars where possible)

1. Enzo Ferrari '02
  2. 458 Italia '09
  3. 458 Italia '09
  4. 458 Italia '09
  5. Enzo Ferrari '02
  6. 430 Scuderia '07
  7. 458 Italia '09
  8. 512BB '76
  9. F40 '92
  10. 458 Italia '09
  11. 458 Italia '09
  12. 458 Italia '09
  13. F430 '06
  14. F40 '92
  15. 512BB '76
  16. 430 Scuderia '07 (You!)

If you don't have the Invite/UCD/LCD exclusive cars, you can swap the cars for the following:

Enzo Ferrari '02 (648.22PP) → F12berlinetta '12 (638.45PP)
512BB '76 (527.07PP) → F430 '06 (599.36PP)
F40 '92 (607.92PP) → F430 '06 (599.36PP)

The goal is to win it, of course, but bonus points for driving a white 430 Scud in an otherwise entirely red field! Good luck! You might need it :)

Of course, we always welcome opinions, tunes, liveries, photos, videos, or stories about the cars here on the thread!

Managed a 07.13.293 on the Nords with it. YT review: "Waited a long time for this one to return from GT5! Yes it's still as awesome as ever, but the new physics just don't let me push rear wheel drive cars to their fullest."
Verdict: almost a sleeper?
P.s. video review coming on the 08th of September.

Last edited:
As this thread has been a bit dead lately, let me liven it up with a short review because I don't have time to write an essay.

Let's go back to the end of the Ferrari 355's production run. Why? Because the car was supposedly the "last" old-school Ferrari before a new generation that promised to be easier to operate and more reliable than ever. The front-engined V12 GT re-emerged as the wonderful 550 Maranello, a car that has become a classic, and the mid-engined V8 sports car that accompanied it a few years later was named the 360 Modena. I suppose the two names were emblematic of the brand's new direction under Luca Di Montezemolo, and it proved to be a success with more cars rolling out of the factory than ever before. It wasn't long before the 360 was replaced with the 430. They used the same basic chassis but the design was tweaked slightly, and a host of other things were added or refined to distinguish it from the previous model. In 2007, the Scuderia version was released as a follow up to the 360 CS. Track performance was the focus and if I recall correctly, it showed up the Enzo at Fiorano so it definitely delivered on that front. In GT7, it's one of the best handling cars in the game, even if @XSquareStickIt doesn't think so. The car gives me a huge amount of feedback through the controller, so I always know what it's doing. The car doesn't poo itself when on the hard limit because that's where it belongs. Perhaps it's a bit too hardcore for some, as you must give the car your full attention, but when you do it's like dancing with a woman who knows how the move. Stupid allegory I know but after you spend a bit of time with her, you will have an absolute blast. I can tell you that for a fact, but she'll immediately let you know if you've pushed things too much. Fortunately, she's rather civil about it and will just tell you politely instead of getting mad like some of the other Italian women you've dealt with. You have to be doing something pretty stupid to upset her. You know your limits and you know hers, so you can go wild knowing that she'll be able to keep up on the dancefloor - I mean the tarmac because this is a car I'm talking about after all. The 430 Scuderia has seduced me and I can't get it out of my head. Now, how about the 458 Speciale Kaz? When will she be coming to dance with me? HMMMM??? I hear that she's pretty hot too. Anyway, that's my little review of the 430 Scuderia for you.

Did you have fun recreating GT5's Grand Tour race in GT7 last week? Anyone had any luck winning?

But we're not done with nostalgia yet! This week's brand of nostalgia leans more into yet another manufacturer who's cut their teeth at Le Mans: Porsche. Chosen by our endurance racing fanatic and strangely prophetic @Racer283 , this week's car is the Porsche 917 Living Legend!

(The same car is also featured in an Online Time Trial right now!)

Gran Turismo® 7_20240809010221.png

Racer283​

The car I want for the coming week is the Porsche 917 Living Legend. Let see if it lives up to it namesake legendary 917.

The original Porsche 917 is a Le Mans prototype that needs no introduction, especially to fans of the Stuttgart–based brand. It won Porsche their very first overall win at Le Mans in 1970, and is largely seen as the car that put the company on the map. While Porsche has remained a prominent presence in the 24 Hours of Le Mans to this day, with entries including the 919 Hybrid included in this game, the 917 Living Legend harkens back to a much simpler time, generating all of its 976HP (728kW) via a turbocharged Flat 8 engine, unassisted by hybrids. But does that mean that the Living Legend has an old school lust for death and destruction...?

Weekly Lobbies

Our weekly lobbies are ongoing as usual, and anyone (not a dick) is welcome to join us in racing bone stock 917 Living Legends under BoP conditions!

Click on the hyperlinks to convert the times to your time zone, and feel free to add the hosts as friends on PSN to make searching for the lobbies easier!

The Americas Lobby

BoP/Settings Disabled: On (Temporarily reverts cars to stock; WIDE BODIED AND ENGINE SWAPPED CARS ARE NOT ELIGIBLE!)
Tracks: Randomly selected by lobby participants (~5 mins practice, ~10 mins sprint)
PP Limit: 812PP
Tyres: Racing Hard

Back in the day, companies had to make road–legal versions of their racecars—and sell those road–legal versions to paying customers—in order to run said racecars at Le Mans. Porsche famously struggled to build 25 917s to satisfy homologation requirements to enter their 5L 917s into Le Mans in 1969. 55 years later, we'll see just how well the 917 Living Legend works as a scrappy road car.

Interested parties can try to convert their 917 LLs into road cars with the following rules, with the aim of winning any WTC600 event in the game.

• Power: Max. 861HP (642kW)
  • Mass: Min. 1,320kg (2,910lbs)
  • Tyres: Max. Sports Soft (slicks and rain tyres not allowed)

Bonus points if your car has licence plate decals, realistic or fictional! Remember to save a replay of your run, and don't be shy to show off your car here on the thread!

Of course, we always welcome opinions, tunes, liveries, photos, videos, or stories about the cars here on the thread!

Last edited:
In my mind, Ferrari cars in Gran Turismo games are simply beyond compare. Don't get me wrong, however; that's not meant to be a compliment. You see, almost every Ferrari in the series has hugely optimistic, completely unrealistic stats in–game, with egregious examples being a few hundred kilos lighter digitally than tangibly. Combine this with the fact that Ferrari in the real world have been known to set up their cars specifically for comparison tests, how they try to control the media (bad language warning for the linked article) and in some extreme cases even choose who can and cannot buy their cars, and you hopefully see how little value there is in reviewing, or consuming a review of any Ferrari, real or digital. It's not even worth the effort of typing out that most of the Ferraris I've sampled in Gran Turismo drive like their specs in Gran Turismo: utter horse ****.

The recently returning Ferrari 430 Scuderia '07 however, is a little bit different from its stable mates.

Gran%20Turismo%C2%AE%207_20240811100918.png

#27 PACIFIC NAC イカ娘 ferrari '12 by hiyaatsu_dai (Edited)
#supergt #pacific #ikamusume

Take its quoted power and mass of 502HP (374kW) and 1,350kg (2,976lbs) for what you will, but the 430 Scud is the first road–going Ferrari I've driven in this game that actually feels as light to drive as it is claimed to be, with a featherweight front end that actually responds to trial braking and can hence find apexes without resorting to the in–car navigation system. Power? Oh, you bet: this thing can get squirrely taking corner exits in 5th gear. It makes one hell of a sound, too, and thanks to its "F1 Superfast 2" gearbox that can shift in a claimed 0.06 seconds, that symphony of shrieks never has to take a pause as the stallion wails past 8,500rpm and 310km/h (193mph). 997 GT3? Sah–LOOOOW. LFA, Viper, GT-R? Soft and unwieldy. Gallardo? Understeer city. Simply put, contemporary peers to the 430 Scuderia are excruciatingly rare in this game, and even if we disregard the "contemporary" part of it, not much else can come close to touching the track focused Scuderia in terms of driving sensation.

Gran%20Turismo%C2%AE%207_20240811100911.png

That said, the unrelenting speed of the thoroughbred 430 Scuderia is by no means easy to rein in under control. If judged just by the human ear, the F1 Superfast 2 gearbox does indeed shift seamlessly, but ask the 285mm Sports Hard tyres shoeing the 19–inch wheels at the back though, and I think you'll get a very different opinion: both downshifts and upshifts at any rpm range can—and most likely will—greatly upset the rear end of the car if done with steering lock applied, breaking the stubby rear end of the 430 sideways with no warning whatsoever. It's not just the idiosyncratic gearbox that will knock the rear end loose, either; the engine also wants in on the fun. The 4,308cc naturally aspirated V8 nestled aft the cockpit of the 430 Scuderia has some sudden bumps in its power curves, presumably due to cam profile changes. A cautious driver short shifting the Scud to manage power oversteer—or simply to avoid having to shift mid corner with that gimmicky gearbox—might spin the car all the same as the engine's personality explosively switches on an unsuspecting driver. As if having peak power at 8,500rpm—just 140rpm below the rev limit*—isn't punishment enough for short–shifting on its own!

*the 430 Scuderia in GT7 revs to 8,700rpm.

Gran%20Turismo%C2%AE%207_20240812090232.png

Both the engine and the gearbox already make for a wildly unpredictable ride that can see the Scuderia breaking sideways at a urine–extracting 180km/h (112mph) in 5th, but I haven't even mentioned the cherry beside this sideways cake: the E–differential. Counter–steering to fix a slide just makes the E–diff think the driver is trying to turn the car, and so it can over–correct just as quickly as the car broke away in the first place. All in all, this is just a package that is COMPLETELY. UNDRIVABLE. in the wet. Touching a puddle at speed is just an instant death sentence without trial, even with copious overdoses of driver aids. The 430 Scuderia has ABS, of course, and Ferrari claims that it is equipped with "Stability and Traction Control with new traction control logic F1-Trac integrated with thenelectronic differential"... whatever that means. If I had to guess, it must be Ferrarese for, "the aids barely do anything, get rekt n00b trollololololol you now owe us 380k for the car", because last I checked, F1 cars don't have Traction Control nor ABS.

Gran%20Turismo%C2%AE%207_20240811100857.png

The spec sheets may claim that the 430 Scuderia is a lighter, more powerful, and therefore faster version of the regular F430, but in practice, I find the 430 Scuderia to be a needlessly ruined version of the F430. The base F430 already has most of what I like in the 430 Scuderia—the noise, the styling, the seamless shifts, most of the speed, and easy accessibility in Brand Central—but with none of the electro–psychotic episodes of the Scuderia. The only thing I like in the Scuderia that the regular F430 doesn't have is the stripped out interior upholstered mostly with bare carbon fibre, which suits a racing livery much better than the brown interior of the F430 I'm not so keen on. The 430 Scuderia would've been a fast, enjoyable track car chock full of infamous Italian quirk if it stood alone, but the F430 that has been in the game since launch has ruined the recently–added Scuderia for me, possibly even before the latter was just a text string in the game's data. All Ferrari had to do was to strip out the car, give it go–fast stripes, and maybe give it more power to justify the price hike, but they had to go fix something that was decidedly not broken and broke the whole car in the process, and I just don't understand why.

Gran%20Turismo%C2%AE%207_20240812091225.png

Honestly, the 430 Scuderia feels set up by and for one person and one person only: Michael Schumacher, who is lavishly credited for helping develop the car. Unless the driver has a high level of precision and/or a similar driving style to Michael Schumacher, the 430 Scuderia seems to violently reject any and all attempt to get to know and tame the car, and I don't know if you've noticed, but I'm not Michael Schumacher. I don't have his skills. If even his own son is struggling to live up to the standards he set, I don't fancy my chances of ever coming to an understanding with the 430 Scuderia. It is, in my mind, set up for one person and one person only.

And that makes the 430 Scuderia a car that is truly beyond compare.

The 430 Scuderia loses its front fender yellow Ferrari logo when a wide body is applied to it.

full

Liveries shared on a wide body may have replacement decals on the front fenders. Take note if you're applying a wide body livery to a narrow body so as not to end up with double Ferrari logos on the side like I ended up doing on both our weekly lobbies.

full

Managed a 06.00.209 on the Nords with it. YT review: "Poah, this thing is frankly quite amazing! VERY fast, excellent through the corners as well, but still pretty challenging to push I think. Still INFINITELY easier to drive, than the 917 '70. ;) I was SO close to breaking through the 6 minute barrier, but just had to give up after dozens of tries and several hours. My hands were cramping up already. :("

1000m and Tsukuba battle:

Verdict: somewhat a sleeper I guess

Last edited:
SPD Writes Gran Turismo 7's Car Of The Week: Week 69 - Ferrari 430 Scuderia

full

Ahh, nothing like good old Sainsbury 'Taste The Difference' cheese. As strange, dairy based analogies go, this week's the way to find out how correct that is.

Week 69, and we chose not to nominate the Mustang BOSS 429: probably the most iconic car in the entirety of that year. It's like SOMEONE not recognizing the significance of 63 on Lamborghini on the whole (year it was founded) during Week 63's Lamborghini Miura.

So let's begin with this sudden resurgence of my nice beautiful posts of delicate words. I chose to take a break, and I'll come back when a Signature Car/Racecar gets nominated. This isn't one of those.. it's a car that would've been Signature if not for the LaFerrari. But I've been planning this kind of chapter for a long while now, since it's presence in the leaked car list. And it appears it's coming sooner than I think it would. Least I'll have this done and sorted.

To the car now: anyone who's anyone that knows about Ferrari's V8 flagships is that the Ferrari F430 would take that name by 2004. 3 years later, like with the 360 Modena, they upped it with a more pumped up variant. Presented on the Frankfut Motor show in 2007 with the help of Germany's favorite F1 legend Michael Schumacher, it was named the 430 Scuderia: essentially translated to 430 Team. Sounds silly, but it's all a nod to the company's long lasting racing team. While it'll take a magnifying glass to point out the difference with the crowd, I'm sure anyone who's driven one and the former can.. well.. taste the difference.

I'm not going to count how many times I'm going to say taste the difference, but oh boy, she be coming.

Gaining a minor horsepower boost thanks to refined power delivery from the same engine, and losing 230 pounds from the same body, what helped set the car apart from its vanilla seld was the exterior upgrades and the Scuderia Ferrari developed engineering. The list goes on from added air intake vents, bigger treads and brakes, optimized spoiler work, and even cleaned out the interior's luxuries so you get its 4.3 DOHC V8 at full force whether you are outside or inside.

What's a souped up Ferrari without F1 based upgrades. We got us.. F1 sourced sequential manual transmission to have F1 styled superfast shifts, F1 derived traction control and ASM, F1 derived differential.. the list probably goes on. But what this all culminates to would be when they tried out the car around the Fiorano test course, where it would lap a well respected 1 minute 25 seconds: a whole tenth behind the much more powerful Enzo Ferrari.

Now comes mandatory story writing, and we got some changes on how that's working around.

While this week's not a Signature car, it's one of the tertiary cars of a certain.. angry Brit who can't seem to take a break at being fast with Ferraris. It's actually one of the most important cars of my writing when I first wrote in 2012. Umm.. even as I might like to plug, I suggest you don't go there.

This week's theme song:
Hail To The King
Avenged Sevenfold
Hail To The King

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Episode: The Ballad of Fear and Fury

A secluded boxing gym
Cambridge, UK
Late Night

On the outside: an idyllic night within the historic university town.

full

But on the inside remain two men in the bricked up, worn out gym.

One always angry Clark begins battering away a large, well used punching bag, and the other's the handsome robber slash risk taker known as Murph, sitting on a chair as he leans on its back post ahead of him.

They however aren't here for sport, as the former begins to chatter, not gasping for air as a show of his stamina.

Clark: "What says you, Murph.. bloke like you's got to lose a few calories the way I LIKE it.."

Murph: "Bloke like me's more of a flight over fight kind of fella, ay."

Clark: "Whatever makes you happy. Don't come f[BLEEP]ing crying if your heart's out of shape.."

A chuckle precedes Murph following up that tease.

Murph: "That a dare?"

Clark: "Some friendly advice. My brother's always having me look out for his favorite little filcher these days."

Murph: "Don't you worry, guv. I'm fine like the need for bacon's in the next summer barbie, ay?"

Tossing a towel, Clark's neck caught it, knowing it's payback for earlier.

Lowering his arms, he turns back, and wipes his red shade of hair with said towel.

Clark: "You ever have a need to.. punch out your worries?"

Murph: "N-not like I've a proper want to, bruvver. Rage isn't me strong suit."

Disappointed, Clark murmured.

Clark: "Bah. Figures."

Leaning by the wall besides the thief, he requests..

Clark: "Let's hear it then. What's the word out on me."

Murph: "Ay, trust me you're not going to like it."

He spoke with hesitation, he thought, thus he implies..

Clark: "There's possibly a lot more other things I won't like more than what you've found, Murph."

Eventually, the thief relented, as he gabbed with a hint of regret.

Murph: "Alright, your funeral, bruvver. Take a gander.."

Handing a tablet, Clark reads aloud an on-screen report..

Clark: "Ever since the dawn of their alliance, it's now said that the reputation of The Big 3 begins to.. excuse me, stale? Stale?! Humm.."

Murph: "Honestly, I don't got a clue what that means."

He didn't take long to figure out, eventually clarifying calmly..

Clark: "Stale.. should I hazard a guess, it means we haven't been doing much smack talk ever since we confirmed our alliance. They get bored, thus the word: stale."

Murph: "So how you thinking this can be.. umm.. un-stale'd?"

Without hesitation, he hands back the tablet and declared..

Clark: "I suppose a high stakes race can do. But not with some nobody."

He turns his whole sweaty body towards Murph, who wasn't ready for this instant action.

Clark: "I think I'll use you, Murph. Give me a few choices."

Murph: "Umm.. Frenchies!"

Exclaimed Murph in shock, but Clark then responded.

Clark: "Their fastest street racer is under me."

Murph: "Right! Right. I'll give another shot. There's this here lot from Germany. Autobahn runners."

Clark wondered why the answers are coming in quick, but didn't heed it as he explained..

Clark: "I'd agree, but there's been s[BLEEP]t talk among them.. I hear they're onto foreign street racing crews after an incident involving.. was it, Albanians? You probably don't know the reputation of The Messiah there too.."

Murph: "Humph, all this is just going to make it a long night.."

15 minutes later.jpg

The night carried onwards..

full

A certain Demon intrudes the grounds, and the driver: a young gangster, welks out and enters the implied to be closed down gym.

Clark: "What the bloody.. you saying there ARE a group of street racers in Africa?"

Murph: "Honest though, they don't got the pace. Could take a quick nap while tussling with their best, honest to Mary on that."

Wandering in to a bit of a heated discussion, Gary makes himself stand out with a quick greet.

Gary D: "Wassup, crew!"

Clark: "Gary. You ARE around, it seems. Your boyfriend's here."

Murph: "Oi oi."

A greet between men fills the air with good thoughts, as Gary replies happily..

Gary D: "Yo, MurPHEE! Slap me some of that skin! Not bacon, yo!"

Murph: "Still remembered me old trick! Ahh, what the heck."

Now off his chair, they clash their hands together, holding tight.

After releasing, Gary turns to his superior, inquiring..

Gary D: "Said, I'm needed. right?"

Clark: "Indeed, however small that might be. You hear tales that The Big 3's getting.. stale?"

Gary D: "Stale? Uhh.. context, CK."

Clark: "C[BLEEP]ts are bored of us being top dogs, Gary. I'm thinking an exciting high stakes race, and I covered the board.. for all groups within a great range of our landmass."

He sees the man crosser than usual, but while he's not quite gifted in intelligence, he still has an idea..

Gary D: "Soo.. you don't touch America?"

Clark: "Not yet. That place's a whole other ball park to f[BLEEP] around. If only I had a list.. list.."

The delusions are starting to falter, as Murph begins to panic, muttering away..

Murph: "You know what.. you're on to something, Gary. But.."

Gary D: "F[BLEEP] me, man! Honestly, I'm on to you, Murph, dog. CK, your answer is right there!"

Shouted Gary in distress and disapproval.

The angered Clark, now a hint ashamed of this realization, then murmured gruffly..

Clark: "Hmph.. of course.."

Murph: "Hold your horses, mate. I'm on the wanted lists for the time being and don't think a little bit of exposure's going to be the ticket to all me problems!"

Not wanting to put up with this, Gary exposed this all with his usual gusto.

Gary D: "Ugh, it's The List, yo!"

Murph: "The List? Those lot?"

He's still in this delusion, Gary thought, and at an instant took out his bespoke pair of gold trimmed CZ Shadow 2 pistols and took aim.

The presence of these firearms turned his head around, as Murph reluctantly offed away..

Murph: "Uhh, I mean.. yes! Infamous bunch.. one that Murph's definitely not a part of.. I mean.. he is, but for the time, let's put them aside."

The threats don't stop there, as Clark began to rant..

Clark: "It was SO obvious.. Murph.. you must've a reason to let me off that rail!"

Defeated, he then wheezed..

Murph: "Alright, fine. Not another bloody word, ay. I'll ring up the boss and tell him you want some blood."

Now one moment of this night's festivities going his way, Clark smiled briefly as he declares..

Clark: "Blood.. Blood's good. Actually, don't tell him.."

Murph: "What's on your mind?"

Asked Murph now that he's off the hook from an angry pugilist and his trigger happy minion.

Now the excitement kicking in, Clark then revealed an..

Clark: "Idea. I want this to be me and him. The official rematch."

Murph: "Oooohh.. Harkening back to that cross country race in Japan, eh?"

Clark: "Suppose it's time I get some f[BLEEP]ing heat out with Ross. But.. I don't want The Big 3 to take a hint."

Unsure with that, the thief asked back..

Murph: "So you saying... what's he saying, mate?"

Gary D: "Let him cook, dog."

Objected Gary, knowing his boss well.

Clark continued, his soul seeping out with anticipation..

Clark: "I'm going to make this a private affair. Get this out only to certain outlets so nobody else can get in my way. Maybe get an itch I have on me scratched for.. what might be more than 10 years ago."

Infected with this, Gary adds..

Gary D: "Aww yeah, this scheme reeks! When we starting?"

Clark: "Tomorrow, I'll have to make plans. But for one thing for sure: I need a mediator that's not us, or anyone in The Big 3, or The List, but also well attuned.."

Murph: "Why's that, though?"

Instantly he answered back.

Clark: "There's reasons for these. But for the time being you don't need to know why, but perhaps the who."

He then walked towards the men, arms crossed and explained..

Clark: "You know who I mean when I say it's this little asswipe from Ginza that won't mind lending a hand on this.."

Central Tokyo, Japan
Midday

A heavy set of clouds come over to let loose their world drowning abilities, only to fail in the sense of amount.

However, a pair of V8 sports cars come crashing onto the soaked roads, not giving a hoot on the limits given.

full

For the time being, we head towards a side of Chuo district still untouched from the rain.

full

As drips start making their way down, it prompted those around to start taking cover, or in the case of this little racer: to hurry up and get home.

Candy: "Hmm.. oh! They're coming over today, isn't it?"

As she starts to walk faster from her commonly visited bathhouse, Candy then feels a gust of wind from behind, noticing her good friend slash proclaimed sister Rin circling around her on her rollerblades.

Candy: "You're not hiding your energy, big sis."

Rin: "I haven't been in an onsen for YEARS now. Well heated bodies in the cool wind can do me more than just an.. all out sensation of unrelenting joy!"

Candy: "Surprised you haven't got it handled where you live?"

Rin: "Trust me: in America, public baths are a myth."

Unable to argue against, Candy then thought of the other person in the vicinity..

Candy: "Alright, alright.. On the one hand. Andd.. on the other hand.."

She looked back, to see Cierra, stumbled out of the blue as she grabs her beret at a whim.

Knowing she's has to say something, she then said with nerves on her voice..

Cierra: "W-when we go to Fujiwara's.. it's the private room for me at all t-times!"

Not familiar with The Messiah's favorite, Rin wonders as she skates around her..

Rin: "Why's that? Gotta be more than a reason.. I could squeeze it out of you, because.. policewoman criminal relations be darned.."

Cierra: "Ulp-"

Rin's showing her teasing face, Candy thought.

She followed up with some assurance..

Candy: "Don't ruin her mellow, big sis. For all I know, she could be hiding something on her body. Don't tell me.. you have a tramp stamp!"

Rin: "Oooh. Bet you get quite a few looks about you, teehee."

As if she was slammed by the Legend Killer's signature finisher, she had a want to object, but her heart however..

Cierra: "W-w.."

..couldn't.

However, that comes to change as the walk continues back to Candy's place..

Rin: "You know they call it a slag tag in the UK?"

Candy: "Oooh, how silly: it rhymes too! Got any more regional variants? Maybe they rhyme too?"

Rin: "Umm.. for here.. well, if it's not so literal, perhaps.. you probably know what it's called around here.."

Candy: "Maybe Cierra knows.. heehee.."

Unable to hold back, Cierra then..

"HEYY!"

Shouted beyond anyone's usual volume, blasting the other two ahead without warning.

As Candy got herself up, she notices her big sis not feeling so well about this..

Rin: "UWAAAAHHHH! WHY WHY WHYY?!"

Pouting on the floor, Cierra then found the hard way about Miss Nishimura's pride on not falling on her butt while skating.

Cierra: "Eh?! I-I-didn't mean t-too!"

Candy, up and post wiping dust off her body, reassures..

Candy: "Umm.. volume, Cierra. If Lulu were here, you'd be done for."

Cierra: "I-I.. S-sorry.."

Candy: "Actually, we're sorry.. we really didn't know you have one of those. Things can get out of hand fast with chatty battys like us."

Cierra: "Candy.. chatty? Oh how y-you've changed.."

later 2.jpg

To be honest, it wasn't much later..

[clears throat]

The girls then reach the adjacent street home..

Candy: "And lookie: we're home at last."

Rin: "That quick? AWW! You're soo lucky you live so close to a lot of amenities."

Candy: "I don't care if it's luck, or a good conscience."

And as they approach the driveway, a pair of soaked sports cars then turned down their engines.

full

Candy: "You know what, Cierra.. your Prophecy's got a good knack for timing."

Cierra: "Why, emm.. I'll take that, ehe.. umm.. but shame Bon's not around."

Candy: "You don't have to tell me a third time, Cierra."

Replied Candy, with her tone gradually unable to hide her disdain of this man's absence.

Not all's bad in the air, as Gary walks in, closes the distance and waves.

Gary D: "Girls!"

Cierra: "Garyy!"

He smiled his usual smile, but had an agenda, as he shared his intents..

Gary D: "Looking fine, y'all. But excuse me for.."

Moving to the side, Clark, now cloaked in his usual designer fluff, comes over and..

Clark: "G'day."

They know she's the one he wants, thus she steps ahead and replies, casually.

Candy: "Here in one piece, Max? I was starting to worry about you."

Clark: "Don't fool me with that crap. But now.."

He then turns to the lady on the blades..

Clark: "Alright, little bird. Where is he?"

Rin: "Not even stopping for a quick greeting, Max? Well.. I suppose he's off doing men things with his own. Don't worry: drinking is out of the question."

Should we have a quick look, drinking truly has to be the worst decision anyone speeding on the expressways about to meet a wet fate.

full

But back to the crew, Clark responds..

Clark: "My plan would rely on that."

Just after he's done though, a bright white flash rumbles down from the clouds above.

Candy: "Ooohh. Sounds like a nasty storm coming over. I'm sure you're all smart enough to head inside."

Before the rain starts to worsen, the current roster begins to scurry towards the unlocked front door.

Candy, being the last one in, thinks to close the door, if not one of the cars taking her attention out of nowhere..

Candy: "Is that a 360? No, it's the newer one.. But something is truly different about it.."

Gary D: "That'd be a CK classic, for sure, girl."

She's known Clark for a long while now, but the choice of word has her wonder..

Candy: "Classic? Frustrating.. surely there's a lot I don't know of that man."

As the home's lights turn on, they all gather in the living area..

..with the exception of a pair now in the kitchen, preparing..

Candy: "4, 5, 6.. okay, Candy. What'd be the chances the dark one's probably bringing more than himself?"

Counting the amount of cups and the size of her coffee pot ready to come out, the other person spoke up..

Rin: "You know, why are you sweating yourself over here getting coffee out to a few good friends?"

Candy: "Your lack of hospitality offends me, big sis..."

She's concerned, Candy thought, but Rin isn't one to take a hit straight off the bat.

Rin: "Okay, fine! But... isn't Ginnie still around?"

Candy: "Today's her off day. You can ask Gary for more details; I bet he'll REALLY entertain you for what might be tonight's entertainment."

Rin: "If not.. man on woman action.. I bet she's working again."

It was going to be a brief thought, but considering recent events, Rin revealed..

Rin: "Just so you know, Quinn's around for the Japan Open."

Candy: "Ohh, let's see how much worse is my bedside manner if Ginnie decides it's time to lose her life over some petty squabble."

Argued Candy with the grim realization that another pointless Trinitia battle might be on the schedule.

Despite these, she didn't deter from the short-term schedule, ordering..

Candy: "While you're here, think you can warm up Max-san for me. You seem to have a knack for that to a guy like him."

Rin: "Said 'guy' cares about me in some form, little sis. Remember?"

Candy: "Oh of course. And as the dark one says: so does Gary. But in a more.. let's say.."

She knew innuendo's coming on the menu, of which Rin then decided it's time to exit, as she tattled away..

Rin: "Ohh, you. Keep it down before he remembers.. well I'm off.. need a hand?"

Candy: "Sure."

As she watches her good friend waltz out with things on hand, she senses gratefulness within..

Candy: "Well, thank kami she's around."

later.jpg

As the coffee is served, the short statured playa took a sip much before he stirred.

The hot ooze enters, but his tongue wasn't ready for the heat.

Reacting with a squirm, he chats on..

Gary D: "KWAAAHAAA! Aww YEAH! You know, girl.. I don't know how you does this. Makes me feel all tingly coming to your crib just to have coffee.."

Candy: "It's a meticulous effort. One I took a week or two getting Minori-chan accustomed."

Gary D: "Eh? You mean.. you don't just put powder in?"

Candy: "Grind the beans, sift the beans, put the right water pressure.. it's all too much to describe, honestly."

Chiming in, Clark acknowledged this effort, only having a sniff of his own cup.

Clark: "Garnering a reputation for your troubles is never not worth it, I guarantee you. You get the geezer Alan in the conversation and he won't shut up about how trite this all is.. until the first sip, that is."

Rin however had an idea to look outside, where the rain begins to really unfurl.

Rin: "The weather seems to be getting even worse.."

Candy: "Worried about.."

Rin: "Hmm.."

Candy: "That's legit worried, right?"

Clark: "What's on your mind? Actually.. I have a clue what it might be.."

Mastering her turn of the face, she at an instant turned to worry straight to disapproval..

Rin: "He's taken the Mustang.."

Clark: "The BOSS, wasn't it? Pulled some f[BLEEP]ing strings so I can have him personally take it."

Rin: "That death trap is exactly why I'm not holding back on the worrying look!"

The one person out of the loop about this loving wife then requested..

Cierra: "Context?"

Clark: "She's an avid hater of old school."

Candy: "Peculiar. That's a sort or hatred I'm not sure about."

Cierra: "M-me too.."

It's his time to shine, he thought, as Gary then stood and declared to her with optimism..

Gary D: "Girl, relax! I've seen Jake take that thing full blast on the white stuff, yo. He's the kind of guy that might.. make miracles out of those kind of cars."

Clark: "Oh s[BLEEP] a brick! You have that talent too, Gary."

Disputed Clark as he then takes a sip.

Gary's confident self started to withdraw as he rebutted..

Gary D: "I mean, sure, but I ain't got the stones to go taking my Demon all out on the snow, you feel me?"

Candy: "Snow? Hah, well, me and you. I'm afraid to take anything on the snow, even if it is my rally homologated Yaris."

Caffienated, Cierra then muttered..

Cierra: "..amateurs.."

Gary D: "Double R?"

She took the moment to make an intimidating head turn, shouting without control once again..

"I SAID AMATEURS!!"

Lucky, nothing was sent flying this time, but she instantly held back, covering her mouth.

Cierra: "Eep!"

Not letting her embarrass herself like that, Clark stood by her tone..

Clark: "Well, I hope you have anything to talk back with, you midgets."

Candy: "No, sir."

Gary D: "I'm good, homie."

Back on his seat, he then explained..

Clark: "Amateur however is, to a degree, correct. Frankly, Cierra's been running on all kinds of terrain with her assortment of Mopar powered machinery."

Rin: "She is surely a special one, huh? You really put your heart in getting her up to such a standard!"

Clark: "I wish that be true, but she's been holding on spanners and steering wheels all her life. Unlike my role with you, or The Cinderella, my touch with her is even more delicate."

The mystery of her close friend prompted the little racer to ask..

Candy: "Cierra, you've yet to tell us your backstory."

Cierra: "T-that's a t-trap, right? You mean my 'back' story?"

Clark: "Umm.."

Rin: "Teehee.. lady's got a slag tag."

Back to her defense, Clark objected..

Clark: "You gits.. not one word, Cierra; we're done talking about f[BLEEP]ing s[BLEEP] that. Our business, if you please?"

After a brief chuckle, Candy went to business, disclosing some news..

Candy: "You're going to like this: with a bit of shove, I managed to get the whole of Suzuka for your agreed race date."

She sat smugly with her coffee, as everyone looked at her with awe..

Rin: "Woww.."

Gary D: "For sure?? Damn.."

Clark: "Well, color me impressed. Those punks are usually so stiff about leasing out land for a moment's worth. What's your secret?"

She knew it was coming, thus replied..

Candy: "I used Bon's Sunday Cup as a way in, just that I didn't send any invites, nor any tickets being open to the public."

Gary D: "Yo, hold up... dog, ain't that illegal?"

Candy: "It's that, or I ask Rudeboy to plant a few bombs somewhere sensitive. Either way, I got a venue~"

It might sound silly, but Gary however contested that thinking..

Gary D: "Not a fan of using explosives to pursue an agenda, dog."

Clark: "Likewise. I'm not going to raise another bomb threat like I did in London."

Rin: "You're not the sort that'll.. raise bomb threats out of the blue!"

Clark: "Heavens, no. Just me clashing with a certain fellow from the Assassin's Guild. Sorensen."

Before things get out of hand, Candy then declared..

Candy: "Well, it's Suzuka in 2 days. Now, we await the dark one's BOSS."

She however then got up and walked towards the window, taking a peek at a certain Ferrari again..

Candy: "You said it was a classic, Gary.. Honestly, I-I've never seen that Ferrari before."

Clark: "I pity you.. the first you've ever seen a 430 Scuderia?"

Candy: "Up close like this, of course."

Enthused by her curiosity, he then explained..

Clark: "You know.. before I set up The Prophecy proper.. I worked with a crew of ruthless criminals. This was the end result of it all.. a fresh 430 Scuderia, off the books."

Candy: "Illicit. How scary. If I had to guess.. I'm sure you'd bring your LaFerrari if winning is the objective."

Clark: "It's more than just winning. I wanted to look back. A throwback of sorts. The Scuderia reminds me of a mantra of winning at any cost. Thus.. how I know how to handle bombs."

Somebody in the room however started to squirm a little..

Rin: "Umm, I.. don't like it when he starts talking about The Harbingers."

Candy: "Harbingers?"

Clark: "Understandable. Those f[BLEEP]ers want her. Shinzo's pride and joy under their experimentation and exploitation.."

She however had enough..

Rin: "AAHHH!! GET ME OUT OF HERE!"

..and quickly bolted out..

Candy: "Soft is my big sis.. hmm.. there has to be a reason.."

Clark: "Oh, well.. no points for figuring out I was forced into it. Nash, Alan and I wanted out, and after they dissolved.."

Clark looked at Gary, who then added with some fine timing..

Gary D: "We can attribute that to the great J-man."

Clark: "Indeed. Thanks to Jake, you can say us being in SimGear is a way we remember that chapter for better, and hope-f[BLEEP]ing-fully never for worse."

Cierra: "I-I wonder where he might be?"

To answer that, the man of focus closes in, despite the worsening deluge delayed the inevitable.

full

As they waited, the storms then start to frequent..

full

And then.. lights turn off!

Cierra: "W-what's happening?!"

Gary D: "We under attack?"

Candy: "Thunder struck close.. lucky for us, this place has backup power, up in.."

Knowing her neighborhood's perks, Candy counted down her fingers, ending with..

Candy: "See? No need for panic.."

..the power turning back on shortly after she counted to nil.

Candy: "Now, I better find out where Rin-san went to.."

Although she was prepared for the power loss, she wasn't prepared for what came after...

Candy: "(B-big sis shrieked?!) Now what?!"

She dashed out, leaving those present within the Prophecy behind.

Out to her front door, she sees her friend, afraid and on the floor, shadowing under a silhouette of an ominous being..

Candy: "W-what the hell?!"

Rin: "I-INTRUDERR! LITTLE SIS, HELP MEE!!"

She's got thoughts on who this is, but came to her mentally scarred friend's defense first, standing in between her and this 'intruder'.

Candy: "W-whoever you are.. you're not going to hurt me, or my big sis!"

This ominous man approached, and took off his hood, showing his face, followed by his minions following him inside.

Jake Ross: "Good. Told you she's hardened in some way, Lee."

Ramlie: "Boss guy, I didn't doubt you at all.."

The revelation wasn't a surprise to the hostess..

Candy: "The dark one. Umm.. okay, well, you scared us. Her especially, but.."

Jake Ross: "I assure you it ain't intentional."

..but to her friend..

Rin: "JAKE, HOW DARE YOU!"

..she leaped straight at him, attacking him with a flurry of childish blows.

He knows it was coming, but the situation wasn't quite in his favor, as he exclaimed with worry..

Jake Ross: "Hey! Easy! It's a wet coat, missy!"

As they scoot in, Candy moves towards the door, looking outside to her crowded driveway..

full

Then looked back as she notices Rin's assault going all over the home..

Candy: "Now I'm worried they might break a thing or two.. maybe I can ask for compensation if they hurt Jet Jaguar.."

Between here and the living area stood two other men, with one introducing..

Murph: "Allo allo, sweet one."

Candy: "Murph, and Oji-san.. my favorite Tokyo based social workers. You're with him, or.."

Murph: "Sure, I'm with him alright. Lee here just tagging along since we're up at your place."

Ramile: "Alamak, sis. Not being suspect, ah! Gives me excuse to come over."

Candy: "Oh, at least you're honest about it. I see shoes off, at least."

Considering the timing, Murph then iterated..

Murph: "Righty-O. We're not late, just that weather's not exactly doing us any favors or what. See the Prophecy lot's already here."

Candy: "Got here like.. 20 minutes ago?"

Murph: "Sure, sure.. bet you don't see them about here in Japan often, ay? What's got the boss man's lovely all mucked up?"

Candy: "He told me.. something about his past. Harbingers?"

Hearing that word, he chimed in..

Murph: "That's a familiar name. Can't believe he'd bring that up."

Candy: "You, umm.. is the word right: 'nostalgic' about it?"

Murph: "Ay, you can say that. Before it was Murph of The List, it was Murph of The Harbingers."

Candy: "All I hear is that they're bad men. What changed your mind?"

Murph: "Something about burying me alive in the desert but giving me another chance or something. Don't like mention of it, honest."

It was his time to speak, he thought, as he added on..

Ramile: "Eh? I know this one! That's a Fred story. You ask him about that!"

Candy: "I think you better get comfortable first if you want to pursue that line of talk.."

a few minutes later.jpg

While the main group went for a cordial talk over the living space..

The hostess has the pair on the top of this food chain settled in the dining area for a more serious discussion.

Hearing of what's already known, Jacob remarked calmly..

Jake Ross: "Suzuka, huh?"

Clark: "2 days, Ross. Enough time to.. f[BLEEP] around and find out."

Candy: "Yap yap yap. I'm not taking any crap, and just take the train first thing tomorrow."

Jake Ross: "Going to make sure there ain't any riff raff?"

Candy: "Well of course! I have to be one step ahead, y'know?"

Despite the reference to a certain pompous ass, Candy shared Rin's current dilemma about car choice, asking..

Candy: "I'm not sure about.. your car.."

Jake Ross: "The BOSS?"

Clark: "She and Rin, they don't seem too eager to talk about.."

Jacob continued, though not without looking back at a certain event from Week 2..

Jake Ross: "Well, while Jess personally hates me driving my old Ford army, her case involves a machete ~this~ close to her throat."

She knew what this was, but she didn't prepare herself for it, as she cried out in agony..

Candy: "Oh my GOSH!"

A rare moment of Jacob bantering on with an eager, teasing smile then came..

Jake Ross: "The little lady was like coated in tears begging me not to chop her up.."

Candy: "Stop it."

Jake Ross: "Got worked up a bit, so I got me plans to find the nearest bunch of loons that'll eat her good."

Candy: "Stop it.

Jake Ross: "And Jess just recorded it all on her phone and used it as some kind of good luck charm that helps tell her she don't get it hard.."

After a traumatic experience with machetes, prospective cannibals and now: blackmailing from someone REAL close, her composure then materialized to dust, as she exclaimed.

Candy: "OH MY GOODNESS! BIG SIS, WHYY?! HOW DARE YOU!!"

It was humorous for the men to see her buttons pushed, but Jacob respectfully then stood down, as he makes a taste of his caff..

Jake Ross: "Right, right. I suppose I stop. Don't got too much interest in coffee, but Emile is right: it's to kill for."

Wondering, Clark then queried..

Clark: "Rumor says you're opening a shop for this?"

Candy: "RRRrr.. I mean.. uhh, yes! Yes, but.. well that's all in the air. Nothing solid."

She's back to her usual, regular blood pressured self, as the little racer wondered of the situation..

Candy: "You know.. Max.. for you two to have some kind of beef in the past then coming in like good friends is.. quite bizarre."

Clark: "Not quite as bizarre as your mate Rudeboy explaining to me the kind of character you initially were before meeting our sort."

Candy: "I guess bizarre means there's a bomb on hand, I bet."

The time's right, he thought, as Jacob wanted to add..

Jake Ross: "We never were enemies. Just two experts in our craft, meaning to clash in it's eventuality. If you know the whole web around my past, I say I owe him. For your 'big sis'."

Candy: "Remind me of how surprised I was when told that he taught her."

Clark: "If you want a second opinion, ring up your fellow Race of Champions.. that arse with the wavy hairdo and explosions off them."

Candy: "You're talking about Sonny Meng, aren't you? I.. heard about him with you.. but when was that??"

Deciding not to include THAT egotistical clown for this week's writeup, Candy then had to ask..

Candy: "You're going to tell me The Guts is next, huh?"

Jake Ross: "In his case, it's safer to make crap up."

Spoke Jacob as he hears about a certain race suit donned phone kleptomaniac List member.

Clark carried on the conversation..

Clark: "Speaking of which.. I'm surprised, someone as streetwise as you, would never hear of our clash all those years ago."

Candy: "I remember a period what people call The Outlaw's Nightmare.. where he'd destroy anyone with a shiny classic Mustang.."

The moment she's thought about a time where a heavily modified Mustang BOSS terrorized the streets of Japan, she then realized..

Candy: "It explains SO MUCH why I can't even touch it."

Jake Ross: "That it became The Outlaw's choice of car then is none of your concern. But I'm having Lee take off its limiter for our big bout."

Clark: "Why f[BLEEP]ing even?"

Jake Ross: "It's so I can daily drive it. Been on it so long, I never took it off."

Composure then became a suggestion as Candy broke down..

Candy: "IT. HAD. A. LIMITER?!!"

And melted to the floor, feeling incredibly faint.

Akin to Spider-Man sensing danger, Rin dashed in and saw it happen, sliding down and howled at a fallen wolf..

Rin: "Candy!! What's wrong?! CANDY!! CANDYYYY!!"

The men weren't worried, however, going on at the situation.

Clark: "My brother is right: you can even do these kind of things without touching.."

Jake Ross: "The things I say end up ruining her psyche.. I hope that don't work on you."

2 days later.jpg

Yes, before we get out of the way: I am still looking for the song on YouTube, but don't worry: just a minor inconvenience.

Suzuka Circuit
Suzuka, Mie Prefecture
Early Morning

It's a perfect morning, if you're the kind of person who likes cool cloudy, with a whiff of chills on the side.

full

Wandering by her lonesome on the pit area, our short statured heroine looks about, declaring then..

Candy: "Track off-limits, garages clear, and personnel restricted.. Everything is in place!"

She then thought to head back to her car, of which she then ran into a certain angry prophet halfway there..

Clark: "Morning."

Candy: "Ohaiyou, Max. Nice and early?"

He always seemed pissed, but for today, that's not in his modus operandi, as he cordially responded..

Clark: "Oh, quite. Like my brother, I too am quite adaptable to managing my personal body clock."

Candy: "Weird. I thought you'd be taking lessons from Rudeboy on that."

Clark: "We would be, but from what I've heard, he's been a good client for my brother's medical side. Perhaps sleeping pills might be off his prescription list."

Candy: "I think he mentioned that once."

He then turned around, gazing about this legendary venue..

Clark: "Hmph.. oh how I loathe circuit tracks.. Suzuka's no exception. But I will have to make exceptions to prove my exceptional skills today."

Candy: "So.. the plan is you two race for 20 laps?"

Obviously the one who made up these rules, he spoke back with a hint of disbelief.

Clark: "Anything else I don't know of?"

Candy: "Weather might be a problem."

Clark: "Not an issue. Unless a monsoon comes, we won't worry about that."

Candy: "We just at the tail end of the wet season, just so you know."

Realizing, Clark then decided to go back on Sim Gear's big nasty race on Week 62..

Clark: "I hear you entertained the geezer and got us a race of some hilariously quick cars."

Candy: "Money talks."

Clark: "And so is a million views in 3 weeks. All that ruckus with nearly 200 miles an hour, and I'm bloody shocked there wasn't an incident."

He sighed with that safety hazard gladly done, but potentially returning in the future.

Putting that away, he then declared..

Clark: "Come. Let's hop onto something more manageable."

The two then walked towards the only lone garage that's open..

full

..carrying the cars they'd drive for the day.

She's seen it back at her home a couple days back, but she can't stop with the questioning..

Candy: "For one of the top street racers in the UK, there really isn't much you've done to the Scuderia, huh?"

Clark: "Good eye. All I've done is a massive pump up the engine with a whole lot of aftermarket s[BLEEP], and messed with the software a little. There was a rear wing, but it messed up the aerodynamics. Don't get me started on how that also f[BLEEP]ed the fuel economy. Sound familiar?"

Candy: "Not quite. Unless.. THE BEAST?"

Clark: "Hmph.. you're spot on the money. Perhaps you recall THE BEAST has the same modus operandi, no?"

Candy: "If you were Sonny Meng now, maybe.. umm.. you can show me what it's capable of?"

Those were her words when she's face off with THE BEAST at its home turf under Sonny Meng's private penthouse garage.

Clark however has a more intelligent response headed ger way..

Clark: "No, I have a better idea than that sad excuse of charisma. Here."

Candy sees a red pair of keys reached out to her, grabbing it and inspecting..

Candy: "Wow.."

Clark: "Not so fast.. I want something in return."

His hand then turned over, intending to receive in return..

Candy: "Oh, I know what this is.."

She reached for what's inside her handbag: a wireless key with the GR logo embedded on it..

It didn't take long for the F1 venue to take in another F1 based performance machine around..

full

However, these two have their phones at the ready for some quick communication, as the man spoke..

Clark: "Still feel like you're missing out?"

Candy: "Missing out? Oh no. This car is crazy, but.. what makes you think I am?"

full

Clark: "We never had a proper street race together. Perhaps I can measure your car for that.."

Candy: "Go on, then.. I trust you. Though, I know my multitudes of runs with Minori-chan or Cierra, I know what to expect."

He senses she's as serious as he is, thus leading to this brief motivational speech..

Clark: "If that's the case.. push my car for me as I do yours. Show me your gumption. No f[BLEEP]ing holding back."

Candy: "Oh very much yes, sir!"

Being named after Ferrari's racing teams and chock full of F1 racing tech, the 430 Scuderia is the kind of car that makes you want to live out your inner F1 fantasies. However, being surrounded in a race bred supercar doesn't automatically turn you to the F1 master you hoped to be. Though I do wonder what does Schumacher have in mind for the kind of monster we're to handle this time around. Because not everyone's on board this smooth flight.. if I can even call it that.

full

There's quite an address to go through before you think this is just a case of tasting a difference. It's in many ways different from the normal F430, but a lot of how the car feels and drives, due to adaptation of the rubbish cheese model, is similar. You get this naturally aspirated Ferrari built V8 which churns out at the 500 horsepower mark. Thing is, with such a minor difference, you will get this twitchy, violent taste of a Ferrari that Jeremy Clarkson calls: a proper one. One that's seething mad and not wanting to give you any legroom should you muck about and find yourself heading to the hazard zone.

Of course let's first address the engine. The Ferrari F136 engine is actually an engine used quite extensively within the game's roster of various Italian cars. You get this, the base model F430, the succeeding Italia and its GT3 race variant we covered in Week 57. Outside of Ferrari, it's also in the Maserati GranTurismo, and the Alfa Romeo 8C. Within the likes of the non-Ferrari cars, this engine serves the cars nicely, giving a responsive, balanced ride, especially with the Maserati. The Alfa's a little more unhinged, but not as unhinged with the F430s. I'll describe these further when they get nominated (and wink wink the GranTurismo is a Signature Car, so I GOTTA write it when that comes about), but should I rank these for difficulty, accessibility and general satisfaction.. aside the Italia GT3 and Group 4 cars, the Maserati is the most pleasureable, followed with the Italia, then the Alfa not far behind. Yessir, on dead last, then we come to the 430s: both less than ideal cars when taking into perspective having an engine for a smooth casual driver's.. umm, drive.

full

But to put apart the rubbish peasant delicacy, and the Sainsbury Taste The Difference branding, it's not about how you drive the car. It's how you treat them. The main difference I find between the F430 and the 430 Scuderia is how the handling is managed. The F430 has a nasty understeery situation on long turns, big chunky gears and quite a bit of weight shift stuck in for a mostly unpleasant ride if you're not ready for it. On the most part, this all is addressed on the Scuderia, with luxuries sans air conditioning all but gone. One quick ride in and you can conclude it's a twitchy, sensitive, no nonsense handling car, and as a handling car: it's done as you'd expect. Manage the car fine on Tsukuba, and you can make do one minute lap times with little issue. In fact, while the Italia is a nicer car to drive, the Scuderia is no contest the more pronounced handling car, as we saw with the race on Wednesday's Tokyo Expressway East, and Saturday's Suzuka Circuit. A 12C there crumpled the car on the big straights, while on a more balanced track is the other way round. Pick your poison for the right target, indeed.

It begs to ask has what's been added an upgrade? In some form, yes. The car has solid brakes that work wonders if not for the physics change. Its gearbox: perhaps the quickest single clutch setup on a road legal car, gives the car a reason to reverse inherit its sbinalla genes should you engage it mid turn. Not to mention due to how its set up: you can't short shift without applying a bit of power. I feel this isn't quite the car you want to be short shifting unless you really got it straight. On that note, it's not advised for throttle braking since properly managed throttle's enough to have a corner taken the right way. You're never going to lose it if you play your cards right.

full

Speaking of throttle: I need to address the powerband. With all other F136 V8 powered road cars, the band is simple and smooth. If you're in a 430, you're in for a treat. Sort of.. I'm not using Bukit Timah as a reference again.. sort of like peanut butter. In the 430, it's chunky, while otherwise it's smooth. I'm a smooth guy myself, but when you look at the powerband of the 430 it makes you go 'HOW THE HELL IS THE SEX THIS WILD??' It's got ridges for days. While all the F136 V8s have the same pattern, the 430s have such a strange, perhaps artificial application of the engine that doubly explains why it's got issue with the throttle, and on why you feel glad when you enter the Italia as your new favorite Ferrari shaped safe word. It's not as hard as the Miura, which I (shouldn't have said about) got plans for after the Carrera GT comes and goes. It's not been done yet, but I called it a second nominee due to differing circumstances of the game's physics, but how that comes.. well, I doubt it'll ever materialize.

And perhaps tuner's will be shorter than this. Quick thought in my head points to.. a simple band aid fix, honestly.

Time carries on, and opinions then begin to develop, as Clark shared..

full

Clark: "Bloody hell.. I say your car is quite competent."

Candy: "Competent? Tell that to your brother. It can match his stuff of legend."

Clark: "My take on that is that.. it comes down to skill issue. Don't you agree?"

Candy: "HAHAHA! Ohh my.. no arguments against, sir."

full

Veer Mahaan is coming to RAW..
I mean: the Porsche Carrera GT is coming to Hallow's Eve 2024..

Past noon, the weather didn't seem to get any better, but rather: the opposite happened.

A light drizzle then followed, but didn't stop the leaders of infamous street crews facing each other off on the start line.

full

An intense air began to envelop the zone, as the rest of the roster for today watched on the sidelines of this moment.

What's unusual though is that these men, usually under a disguise or mask, stand face to face with their true identities out instead.

Jacob spoke up to challenge the moment's disturbance, not letting the rain take the spotlight..

Jake Ross: "I hear you made clear this be more than just sport."

Clark: "No s[BLEEP] it is. You do your f[BLEEP]ing best, and I do mine."

Jake Ross: "Oh yes.. We'll get along.. just don't scratch the paint."

Clark: "The Prophecy under me considers dirty a sin."

And they had to address the elephant in the room..

Clark: "No masks on?"

Jake Ross: "Helmet's good enough. Might I mention.. there comes a time I stop relying on being The Outlaw to enthuse my need for speed."

Clark: "What chucklehead told you that?"

Jake Ross: "Would you believe it all started with.. Murph?"

Clark: "Hmph.. One day.. we'll have to start believing what he says as useful, you know?"

Jake Ross: "You doubt him?"

However, mother nature wasn't going to let them have their way, as the rain..

Hail To The King
Avenged Sevenfold
Hail To The King

full

..started to worsen.

The winds came over strong as well, getting the crew of the sidelines to react..

Murph: "Ahh bollocks, cloud's done us a sprinkle. Let's head over.."

Gary D: "Shoot. You counting on this, girl?"

Candy: "Even if I learned from J.J., that's way out of my control."

Rin: "Why so negative?! They're the best of the best.. no way they're going to let mother nature stop them!"

Ramlie: "Alaa, she's right. Stop worrying, you people. This is going to be interesting, yes?"

Cierra: "Look! Mr. Messiah's a-a-all fired up!"

They all then came down, finding shelter as they readied the track cameras.

The two men, now challenged by this worsening weather, had a show of their resolve..

Clark: "You're welcome to back off if you would.."

Jake Ross: "As[BLEEP].. You DARE doubt me?"

Clark: "Hmmhmm.. this'll be fun. Fire up the engines, Ross. Let's get this show going."

They dashed to their cars, and brought them to life..

And with the signal, the lights then began counting up the red..

Leading to the green these men were waiting for..

full

Do you want to build a snowman?

No?

Well, you can say having an inner Frozen sucks, but gladly it's these random references, or my inner Sundowner or Armstrong's going to kick in. It's random, don't worry.. never was into any Disney theatrical CG films in recent days, or any in this category for that matter. Except maybe that second Puss in Boots movie. I.. umm.. might find a way to say 'Spanish Splinter' on these writeups someday.

full

So it's a simple band aid fix, eh? If you've been here, you know me and simple end up being stories gone haywire on the pacing and the content. But anyways: the 430 Scuderia.. which.. umm, as I mentioned earlier, oddly means group or team or stable, is simple enough for you to try experiment what you like.

To begin.. I say the GT Auto parts coming on would be fantastic. Wide kit, spoiler, the whole shebang. Especially on the rear, really. The main problem with the car is grip on power, and a rear with 3 to 4 hundred units of downforce is going to be the king of keeping your team in shape. Which also means a daring oversteer tune will work more feasibly.

Also think you're having trouble connecting with the car's power on the turn, or if you do want to short shift without hassle? If permitted the PP budget, slap on a racing clutch. The car is snappy on the clutch, but if you can better control this, that small PP raise is going to go a long way.

full

When it comes to handling car, the suspension only needs minor tweaks. My suggestion is pretty much nearly all the suggestions on the cars every week: harder, faster, stronger. You don't need to change too much of it at all, so going wild might not make you a trip to the moon, but I'll just nag that going too far off the paved road isn't where you'd want to be.

Still not liking the twitchy throttle. If not playing with the LSD values (mine's at 5 10 20), having longer lower gears.. then it's time to use Plan C: put in the HP boosting parts, then detune. This is the band aid fix i hyped you all for nothing.. but you have to trust me: to a degree, this method hasn't failed me for these kinds of machines! I applied to the Demon that made it work on 600 PP, and on this car, it'll do your sweaty speedrunning face a favor. In fact, I've even made a proper plateau by purely using the power restrictor, which might be this car's grand secret to a better ride.

full

I'll keep it short so that I won't talk you to death. But perhaps with all this talk, you can get in the car, and when you're in with that brittle snowman you just built.. there's something I gotta say before you break it down to see if it can still stand..

Like I said, son: time for your final interview.

Oh goodness, the inner Armstrong is real.

full

Clark: "Being on the inside won't save you, c[BLEEP]t!"

full

Jake Ross: "Bold.. but alas.."

full

Jake Ross: "A fool's gamble!"

full

Clark: "Come now.. one LAST PUSH!"

full

Jake Ross: "It's over.. that was.. a challenge."

Clark: "Bloody hell.. did I? Or did I not?"

full

Clark: "How you hanging up, Ross?"

Jake Ross: "That was tough. Nothing I can't handle."

Clark: "Yeah? Screw that noise. We nearly f[BLEEP]ing died so many times.."

Jake Ross: "Let's get back before that happens again."

As the day began to get gone, Candy, standing by in her garage with a tablet on hand, checks the data.

full

With an impressed face, she mumbles..

Candy: "Wow.. these results.."

She then took her eyes off hearing a pair of rollerblades come in the room.

The owner then sped around and screeched to a halt, querying..

Rin: "What's the trouble, little sis?"

Candy: "Umm.. you're really rollerblading on wet conditions?"

Rin: "Once you get used to it, it's not THAT hard."

Candy: "Even with that confidence, I'm losing faith on getting rollerblade lessons.."

Rin: "But you're okay with getting power armor lessons from ot-to.."

Remembering that, she thought to..

Rin: "W-what's with that grin.."

Candy: "You're calling it the power armor. It's official."

Rin: "The Outlaw's high tech battle suit is not power armor!!"

Candy: "Yap yap yap, you're not changing my mind, big sis. Get over it."

She had to give up, but Rin shifted straight to business, asking..

Rin: "Guhh.. okay, so what's the trouble?"

Candy: "I think we wait for the two to come over first. As the official mediator of this race.. well, I can't wait to see smiles on their faces."

Candy left her big sis behind, left to wonder of those words..

Rin: "Both men? Hmm..."

a few moments later.jpg

The men would meet, then with intensity approach each other for another face to face..

Clark: "Solid performance."

Jake Ross: "Solid? I call bu[BLEEP]t. Like you said.. we ran that one for our lives. Just 'solid' is an utter insult."

Clark: "Didn't like that one, eh? Alive in one piece is a victory on it's own."

Jake Ross: "Ain't that a bitch?"

She's not able to stop them, but spoke loud enough to get in the way as she announces..

Candy: "Settle down, you two.. now.. the results.. by 4 hundredths of a second, Clark takes it."

His pride took a hit, but Jacob had to, with reluctance..

Jake Ross: "Oh well done."

Clark: "It's an eye for an eye now, Ross."

Jake Ross: "You take that to heart, and I think we're going to have a problem."

However, there's something gratifying about this moment, as Clark then explained..

Clark: "I applaud you taking your loss gracefully. If you were stuck up the arse Giles, or god forbid that loony Peggy.. it'll be a nightmare for their PR."

Jake Ross: "More proof that I'm better than them."

That might be the case, but Rin, poking at Candy's little shoulders, wondered..

Rin: "Little sis, you did say 'both men', right?"

With that in mind, Candy then had to interject..

Candy: "Yes, I'm not quite done yet. That Mustang BOSS is something.. carries the best lap."

Jake Ross: "Of?"

Candy: "2 minutes 31 seconds.. for road legal and under wet weather. You guys ran similarly all the way. I mean.. limiter or not, that's just unheard of!"

Having some leverage to talk some trash, Jacob strikes..

Jake Ross: "I'd think he'd have a better grasp in the wet, but it seems that's not the case."

Clark: "Don't be such a daft one, Ross! Stop f[BLEEP]ing stereotyping."

Jake Ross: "Or what?"

They're not going to stop without her in the way, she thought, and thus she had to call out another fact..

Candy: "Anyways.. Max.. I shared this whole happening to socials, as you asked. The rematch. The unreal pace."

Clark: "What's the consensus?"

Candy: "I see good things, but for now it's too early to tell. But.. if I may add: perhaps your rivalry can.. stay off the streets and head to more able ground?"

It's not what's expected, but even as the score remains tied, Clark and Jacob had a similar thought..

..to take this rivalry up to the next level: with other more capable racers in their way alongside.

They nodded, then shook hands with a crab's grip, as he spoke sternly..

Jake Ross: "It's over. Until The List comes to take your crown, let's end this."

Clark: "Agreed. Let's make good use of our up and coming careers."

Candy: "Heard you two are quite the popular picks for the upcoming season."

Clark: "Think we can rough up Paul to help up his game?"

Jake Ross: "Oh, that clown is NOT going like it."

Clark continues, but not before turning to the two women in the room..

Clark: "And then there's you two. And Moto-san."

Rin: "Exciting! Group 3 is packed! Let's hope we don't get shuffled up too much and get some races together."

Clark: "One more thing, Ross.."

And now back to Jacob, who wonders of this sudden gratification..

Clark: "Thank you. For getting her out."

He knows it's not Lucia, or Sophia, but the socially inept Cierra he's talking about from what happened on Week 64 (not out).

Not the type to respond about his heroism honestly, he waffled..

Jake Ross: "You must mean your favorite protege? It's what I do.."

The women, however, watched on, as Rin reassured her little sis..

Rin: "There you go, little sis: HERO."

Candy: "OH NO. Machete just millimeters away says hell no."

Not pleased, she took out her phone from her pocket, and slid across the screen in various ways quickly.

Eventually, on full volume, it plays the video from the moment Candy Lam meets Jacob Ross for the first time back from Week 2.

Candy.. did not take the news well.

Candy: "Are you?! HEYY! GURR!"

Rin: "[mimicking] Eyaahh! PLEASE! HEHEHEHAHA!"

That tease was enough for Candy to try reach for the phone, but Rin made use of her greater height for once, getting it out of reach.

Rin: "Ah AHHH! Now it's YOUR TURN! You can't catch me!"

She then leaves, on her rollerblades, at full pace.

The moment then builds a mountain of challenges start piling up against this little race, but she's too enraged to let this all go..

Candy: "Oh come on! UNFAIR! These short legs aren't for running! BIG SIS! STOP THAT WOMAN! HEYY!!"

She exits too, leaving the men..

Clark: "I'm not afraid of what sick game you play, Ross, but her aptitude for this kind of antic shudders me."

Jake Ross: "Nah, that ain't me. Just can't do that. I wager.. my interpol friend Bern had a role in this nonsense."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As a car, the Scuderia truly is a blend of the quick, different and deadly in a familiar package. Here's your answer for perhaps a road going Ferrari that's got handling in its belt along with charm and.. whatever you need in a Ferrari that aims to please the daredevil in you.

Taking into account what the F8 Tributo is to the 458 Italia, and this is a similar case to the F430, is the Scuderia a Beater?

Oh hell no. Unlike that horrendous piece of trash, this car's whole functionality works. Although.. the initially dismal experience of pushing this car hard, despite all these improvements have gave me the impression of a rather high Neutral. If it felt like one of the modern 911 GT3 RS models, perhaps that'd be different. Tuning obviously can save it, but so can a well disciplined driver who's all about chewing gum, and taking their time to adapt, learn and overcome the machine's mechanical challenges. And gum's out of the equation for this week. I'm calling the regular 430 an early Beater, but I'll reserve that to the time if we go in further detail on that car in particular. Captain Slow has a point: if you can either can choose cheese or 'taste the difference' cheese, then why go for the rubbish basic cheese? There truly is a difference.

Another thought I had is that.. it's sort of like the Demon that it's really overrated, but.. well, the Demon's case is worse still, and fellow supercar that came out in the same update: the Gallardo, is MUCH WORSE. Don't ask me how I know: it's better you try it for yourself, and go back to the Scuderia feeling better about it. Because it takes a steady hand to get it fired up the way you want it. Not a car for everyone, but there's a couple of you out there that might find it excellent.

I mean, I do. I've a thing for high powered midship cars like the Miura in Week 63 but aww, much too bad the Carrera GT has to exist to cater my own desires in this slot for the 22 years I had exposure to it since NFS Hot Pursuit 2. And recently: a certain supercharged LS9 enters the equation in greater detail.

Ahh, throwback episode. Back when I started writing what was going to be the Mythic Verses, it was edgy and emotionless... sort of a lot with what you see with the focal individuals of today's episode. This week's designated theme song was Clark's original leitmotif before I settle with Unbound (The Last Ride).

It might be Week 69, but I am going to, and thus, put the most iconic car of 1969 in the form of the Ford Mustang BOSS 429 in, no problem. Like a certain Ryder would often say: You can't stop me.

There are cuts this week. Supposedly there's a warmup race involving the whole present cast before the duel.

Umm, my creativity muscles are not really working as intended. I dunno: I feel I'm waffling way too much this time around.

Although, since Week 64's events (essentially something something race, something something freeing of girls, Rudeboy bombs Florida and Candy rides some power armor), being generally plot free rules. I won't be missing out context from past episodes from here on out as it will be written on the week to precede when I last wrote instead of having a number to mark the occassion. Maybe next year I'll go straight into the Tales of Cinderella proper, though there's a lot I've accidentally spilled here on that that'll ruin the intended experience.. past SPD stabbing future SPD's back like he's always intended to do so.

I guess the only rule is Candy must be around, and HOW DARE YOU must appear in some form, like always. And the week's mandatory song. There's always a mandatory song, but while the theme is personal driving songs, that whole mantra's already gone.

As the main character, Candy Lam is bound to appear in every segment, be it either as the lead role, or as a small mention.

The infamous Sweet Toothed Lone Wolf of Asia, or known worldwide as Le Glace Pacer. While her social presence is significantly poor, her presence on the track hasn't been short of perfection, now under the pressures of being a monetary source of higher powers, as well as her role being the most prime form of woman racers.. But don't let her hear that.

Theme Song: Def Leppard - Bad Actress
Racing Duel Music: Def Leppard - Nine Lives
Nationality: Hong Kongese
Current occupation: Professional racecar driver
Distinct features: Long, clean, straight ashen hair tied to a ponytail via traditional red braids. A stiff, stoic Asian beauty that starts to show sign of wrinkling, covered by heavy layers of makeup. Thin, rounded diamond face, with various beauty signs of it being worked on unnaturally, especially her unblemished small snub nose, heavily lipsticked mouth and thin brown Asian eyes. Short body with small proportions.
Choice of clothing: Typical modern glossy sleveless Hong Kong dress, but 90% she will have her favorite on, that's in blood red with a white bauhinia pattern on, with matching sandals. Most of her clothes and themes come in red or white.
Cars: Toyota GR Yaris 1st Edition RZ "High Performance", MINI Cooper S, Honda NSX Type R '02, Mazda Demio XD Touring

Even though she's a proud Hong Kongese, Candy is actually born in high society Tokyo, and more exposed to living in a usual Japanese lifestyle. An only child, it was easy to find herself spoiled rotten from a young age, getting what she wants and not caring how it got there, thanks to wealth she inherits strongly. Her father notably was an executive in Toyota's racing division.

A target in her younger ages, Candy's early life was full of trouble from others that are against her being a Hong Kong native in Japan. She never made any friends as a result, and this loner habit of hers remained even after changing schools, going so far to even give her a new alias. While her parents have a strong standing in the society she lived in, she remained in their shadow, because she couldn't find comfort out of it.

Upon reaching her adult days, Candy's first 'milestone' would come when an incident in a high class event caused her to run, leading to a manic police car chase spanning several weeks before she was arrested. The victim of these events would have deep ties with various Yakuza families. While her parents retreated to Hong Kong, Candy stayed in Japanese prison, learning that if nothing needs to come her way, she needs to learn something she initially dreaded to do: manipulate the human mind, a state of thought she was once a victim of.

After her sentence, she regained her freedom, and it didn't take long that was noticed by the city's largest street racing community. Still with her inherited wealth, she started off strong in the streets. Years then pass, in which she eventually proves herself as a top competitor for racing in many top endurance races worldwide.

While her fans are out there in many parts around for being a woman dominating a man's sport, she's not exactly a great social interactor, and is a nobody outside the racing community. With many questions still left unanswered, maybe there are more ulterior motives with the unsanctioned blue MINI project..

Tech savvy geek with a forte in extreme sports. While her chaotic nature always gets her into situations unwanted, her overall innocent and kind upbringing gets her to be responsible of being the only one capable of lighting up the complete darkness in her husband's inner struggles for a final identity.

Theme Song: Muse - Guiding Light
Racing Duel Music: Eurythmics - Would I Lie To You?
Nationality: Japanese
Current occupation: Interpol special operative
Distinct features: Medium, layered bob burgundy hair. Athletic, slightly wide diamond face. Brown hooded eyes, thin almond nose and a small mouth. A natural beauty with a small layer of makeup that exists only to hide her eyebags. Thin profile with an average height, and above average proportions.
Choice of clothing: Always wears a bespoke pair of sporty earphones. Never with a distinct fashion style due to her clinging as a master of disguise, even though she's more of a master of imitation. Most of a time she's with a sporty crop top, denim skirt with tight sporty arm socks, leggings and sports shoes.
Cars: Lexus LFA, Lexus RC F, Daihatsu Copen

Rin started off life in Tochigi. Not even years in, she has been diagnosed with a minor mental defect which hampered her thought processes. While it didn't get in the way of her everyday living, it prompted her parents to remain her a single child. It did get her to do the occasional odd and unusual behaviour. Aspiring to be the family's model child, she didn't let her setbacks bring her down. A top grading student with impressive feats in athleticism, and to remain incredibly pretty; you can say all these good things about her, it's supposedly impossible.

With her mother, love was unconditional, but her father seems held back. Further on in her teen life, she would find out aside his day job that he's a well known, on and off street racer. The relationship would sour further, but that changed in the aftermath of when she decided it's time to see if she can do better. Acing her driver's test was one thing, but immediately sneaking out and winning a Clubman Cup event in Motegi was the next.

Rin would head to the UK instead of local institutes for higher education, but it was a guise as her father wanted to protect her from local troubles stirred by his actions. Away from home, this would be a pivotal era for her development. An old friend became her starting point in racing. She would meet certain individuals, including her husband to be. But also came a criminal group that wanted to exploit her near perfect genetics, with these events causing mental damage, and giving way to her chaotic shifts in mood.

She would make her escape in marriage, prompting her to stay in California. The paranoia didn't stop there. On the first chance she could, she started working as a police officer, even deciding to adopt identities and learn imitation. But her fears did arrive. They staged an accident, and before she got taken away, she escaped, leaving everything behind for a long 7 years. This time was used for her to anonymously hone her racing to a whole new high, protected by Interpol.

And gladly, that time is over. But a lot has changed. Most importantly: her father has died. Initially succeeding him by joining FIA GT racing, she failed to inquire an investigation on how he left a legacy behind in the form of Candy..

They said if there was a God in the worldwide street racing scene, Jacob Ross' moniker as The Outlaw was the very thing He and anyone else in said scene would be unequivocally afraid of.

Theme Song: Metallica - Disposable Heroes (Remastered)
Racing Duel Music: Gary Numan - I Am Dust
Nationality: American
Current occupation: Rookie racer, in guise of his top street racer moniker
Distinct features: Balding marked, medium swept up brown hair. Roughened up with a few cut scars, but smooth, thin chiseled, and somewhat attractive diamond face. Aggressive, azure down turned eyes, thick grecian nose and serious, semi-thick lips. Tall build, with a fit build carrying developed muscles. Those muscles would artificially expand further when he becomes The Outlaw.
Choice of clothing: Black is the name of the game, usually with a custom tailored suit vest under a dark long wool jacket. Never seen without a black bespoke pinch front cowboy hat, with an engraving: 'Oderint dum metuant'. As The Outlaw, he would add on a thick special bulletproof attire, and a breathing apparatus that steams out an unusual drug should he need it.
Cars: Ford GT '06, Ford Mustang Boss 429, Ford Mustang Gr. 3 Road Car (as The Outlaw)

As the firstborn of a rich Californian racing legend, racing was definitely in his blood and Jacob had that opportunity for succeeding his father, joyous and determined this is the future for him.

But in his youth, something happened to his young psyche, and to say it changed him would seriously put it mildly.

The details remain sketchy, and it remained a sensitive topic within his family even to today. It drove a wedge between him and his parents far enough that he wouldn't be the same after his teens. These events harbors the influence of him becoming a fearless, serious somber man with said fear as a weapon of his own.

Now that the weight of succession is beared to someone else, Jacob carved his own destiny. Mixing his passions of the past with his more darkened methods, he toughed through the many grueling years to become the self proclaimed, undisputed fastest street racer of the US, through being a founding member of The List, aliased as The Outlaw: a drug enhanced, nigh unbeatable driver with a penchant for deceit, destruction, disrespect and fire, usually all combined. It's said that there are unspeakable tales of terror that happens to those who oppose The Outlaw: the identity he protects dearly, so much that over time, he's developed a vengeance to those that threaten this visage and those close to him.

Eventually, he married someone: a youthful Japanese girl who would be the greatest ray of sunshine he could ever get. But even that was a marriage that wouldn't last, as both became a target from greater powers. After a long 7 years, that threat now extinguished, he resumed the bumpy, happy life, hoping to outrun the past he knew wouldn't catch up. These days, Jacob has recently registered as a rookie FIA racer, with initial plans in his head saying to take it slow. All seems dandy, until certain events including the rise of his wife's old enemies resurface, enveloping him in the darkness where he then believes is the only place he belongs.

And if his fans and followers are familiar with his talents that developed his legacy, know that his history with a clenching darkness has caught up to him. It's unsure whether his known heroic side has fallen, merged, or even co-exists with his persevering dark side.

One of the founding members of the infamous, vastly exclusive American street crew with an international cast known mainly as The List. This gruff in general, semi Irishman is never seen slow thanks to his all-around sense, reliance, and secret sixth sense on insa-not so insane stunts.

Theme Song: Ash - Arcadia, Dropkick Murphys - The Last Letter Home
Racing Duel Music: Dropkick Murphys - The Battle Rages On
Nationality: Half British, half Irish
Current occupation: Car thief
Distinct features: Buzz shaved blonde hair. Chubby, rounded diamond face, surrounded by reddish tinted pale skin. Narrow droopy green eyes, freckles under the eyes, short pointed nose, and wide dried mouth. Notably carries a badass baritone. Average build and height.
Choice of clothing: Casual looks incline towards his love of British sports. Frequently with a sports shirt, slim slacks and sneakers. You're either going to see him in colors of Aston Villa FC, colors of the English white and red, or just red all over.
Cars: Many due to his ever growing collection, but he's often seen with either McLaren 12C or Radical SR3

A high value serviceman of petty American crime. UK born Murph was born in a smaller town: Milton-Keynes and grew up raised, then raising a church after his parents disowned him. The way he sees it, it's just another way to break free of the chains that bind him. The crazy driving of his started there, where he usually finds himself in a pinch upon doing some robbery work. In relation to the illegal duties he carries out, his overall goal is to ensure the clergy and the children they keep will never go hungry or sad. After years of this activity, Murph moved on while keeping his donations steady from the shadows. While he's never been caught entirely, getaway seems to be his forte, and that fact slowly cements itself over time.

However, his notable rise to fame would come in his penchant for using risk for massive rewards. He would find himself using lightweight sports cars in contact heavy street races, using every trick he learned in his mental book. This in turn would help him gain international infamy on the streets. With intent of clearing his heat, he lays low in America, meeting a giant and his superior in form of The Outlaw. This chance meet, also with being ahead of the pack in general racing got him a spot in The List as one of its founders, even though ulterior motives arose revealing he's to stop this uprising altogether. That suspect allegiance changed as soon as he knew the pain of a machete's deep cut to the gut, but this change of heart got him to become the official right hand man of the big boss.

Now, with his newly christened nickname as "Murph", he revels as everyone who's anyone in the worldwide street racing scene calls him insane, but he's not dumb, and so far nothing's going to stop him. Murph usually finds himself doing his racing and general thief work in the States, but he often makes his way back to the UK to catch up on the local news, check on his old stomping grounds, keep track of his car smuggling connections with his growing car collection in Surrey, or test his mettle in the growing street scenes that's been clamoring a chance at a truly insane racing machine.

The one odd case of a wannabe gangster turned up to eleven. A hard headed, figuratively and literally, young man whose ties to the international crime syndicate brings him all over the world, with the UK now his latest stop.

Theme Song: Rob Zombie - Never Gonna Stop (The Red Red Kroovy)
Racing Duel Music: Rob Zombie - Never Gonna Stop (The Black Cat Crossing mix)
Current occupation: Gang leader
Distinct features: Messy medium side fringed brown hair shaped like a bob. Attractive heart shaped face akin to a young popstar. Wrinkled green protruded eyes and small upturned nose. Black birthmark surrounds the left eye in a round circular shape. Caucasian skin. Short and semi-thin.
Choice of clothing: Street themed clothing, leaned more towards comfort, and often hued in his gang's signature purple. Never without his purple cap with his name on it. Various golden jewelleries are observed, but usually isn't there when the moment isn't right.
Cars: Shelby Cobra, Dodge Viper SRT10 (ZBII), Dodge Challenger SRT Demon

While Gary might seem like a pampered child, his 'boys in the hood' Californian ghetto life has been full of challenge. His ambitious actions in the past got him to be betrayed by the closest of family and friends. He was also denied moments of glory and fame, and narrowly escaped death row for a crime he didn't do. But it never meant his exploits remain unnoticed. Deemed useful by a Japan based Chinese investor, Gary got out of prison and started working for him as his top branded muscle... even though that's not the best way to describe the short and skinny gangster. His swift speed would instead be his physical stand out trait.

With his debts done for said investor, Gary-D finds himself in the UK, forcefully exiled after stints involving a large crime family in his home turf of Los Angeles. Just before that, Gary has taken his time to get himself involved in high level street racing, thanks to a certain dark one. His quick reflexes and street smarts means that the sight of his Viper, Cobra or Challenger would be respected. While in the UK, he would make his actions straight with the Kirkham Foundation as their errand boy of sorts, while also helping out new friends and planning his big return to the States. Eventually, he found himself racing in the top street racing leagues as one of the Prophecy's Chosen.

Although he lacks in general smarts, manners and perhaps luck, Gary-D has the reputation as a battle hardened fighter, an even more hardened pervert, and an abnormally great host for leadership. Despite his exile, he's incredibly popular to those exposed to his talents. He's eagerly awaited by many friends and his old gang to make his return to the States.

An intelligent man who's anger led to better things than just mental help. This figure would be the self recognized leader of the most exclusive and feared street racers within Europe: The Prophecy.

Theme Song: Avenged Sevenfold - Unbound (The Wild Ride)
Racing Duel Music: Slayer - Raining Blood
Nationality: Welsh
Current occupation: If not a fanatically themed cult leader, a car show host
Distinct features: Short red hair over a short, rounded diamond face. Sharp green eyes, with a hint of red in the whites, as if fury's always present. Tearful eyes, thin nose and small mouth. Average build and height with bright skin, but with a more noticeable muscle built upper body.
Choice of clothing: Top of the line branded clothes and accessories, but nothing out of the quintessential British fashion, including a newsboy cap, long multi layered skin covered articles of fancy fashion, and climbing boots.
Cars: LaFerrari, Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary, Ferrari F430 Scuderia, Volkswagen Sambabus Typ 2

Real name: Maximus Davies. Clark Kayne is merely an alias for this Cardiff born orphan. After his abusive family's demise by his hand personally, he was raised in Manchester, and thus met an important figurehead for his life onward: the sole successor of the Kirkham Foundation, who would end up being a legendary 90's era racing youth, and his beloved brother for life.

Nowadays, he's mainly known as the only, then one of the three hosts in slowly uprising car show Sim Gear. But his real portfolio would be as the sole individual that leads The Prophecy: a London based street crew that houses strict teachings and top end performance car culture, once the sole governing entity that dominates all of the UK's street racing.

While a bit of a pugilist, has a bit of a temper and enjoys violence on a minor scale, Clark possesses a great IQ level, and strategizes often for the next move. Aside writing gospels for his exclusive club, Clark finds himself credited for writing scripts and scenarios for Sim Gear, as well as carrying it initially as the sole figurehead while the studio was still getting started.

Also with a leaning towards illegally obtained Ferraris, Clark has the talent to handle whatever car he can reach forth, infamous for running the V12 Hybrid trinity LaFerrari on the roads without incident. Despite this, his racing talents shine only away from the track, due to a past incident he won't let go from that cost him his reputation and potential partner for life.

Just like a being that fell from the sky, Cierra brings herself as The Prophecy's unwanted deus ex machina that can do anything.. if her extremely timid self won't hold it back.

Theme Song: Journey - Wheel in The Sky
Racing Duel Music: Pendulum - Witchcraft (Pegboard Nerds remix)
Current occupation: Racing mechanic
Distinct features: Medium, straight brown hair. Sharp and short triangular face with a just as sharp chin. Narrow green eyes around a thin but pointy nose above a slightly thick, but narrow mouth. Small patches of oil can be seen under her brown eyes. While adult, still retains a teenage look in most of her facial features. Average height, skinny body with regular caucasian skin.
Choice of clothing: Always with her signature blue beret. Her clothes vary, but usually consists of a cropped jacket over a tight undershirt, tight skinny jeans, and leather slippers. Can also be seen wearing a mechanic's getup.
Cars: Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat, Dodge Coronet Super Bee

Hailing from San Francisco, Cierra's personal history has been unremarkably blank, until she picked up a spanner from a local chop shop that raised her as one of their own. The shop allowed her to get exposure to her passions as a car mechanic, also earning said staff as a family to lean towards. Slowly but surely, she would earn a reputation modifying cars to be street race ready in a short period of time. Over time, she gains an understanding on what to do if a car needs to drift, grip, drag, or just even lay low on the pavement with lamps all around.

While her social skills remain an all time low due to her timid soul, her ever growing skills in developing and maintaining top levels of performance at a young age manages her to receive scholarships for special tutoring from various manufacturers around the world. From experimental American machines, European supercars, to the domestic powerhouse in Toyota, there's very little in the car she doesn't understand.

Cierra also received the lovely perk of testing out cars from the chop shop just as soon as she reached her sweet sixteens. This skill would work out well for police evasion and warrant issues she piled up. It's unknown how she manages her way in and out of San Francisco with a warrant for her constantly present in the California area alone, but sightings of her in Toyoda would be the last anyone's heard of her in the public.

Her latest caper has her ousted from her home turf, and somehow end up in London, where she becomes another of the Chosen: The Messiah's chosen racers for him to mentor.

One of The List originals, Ramlie is known mainly as Tokyo's Fastest Taxi Driver, breaking speed limits he usually has a hand in establishing. While he can't hide his age, he's an optimistic man who desires speed through and through, never stopping his honing of said crafts he's found himself excelling at.

Theme Song: Ozzy Osbourne - Love To Hate
Racing Duel Music: Digitalism - Circles (Eric Prydz)
Nationality: Malaysian
Current occupation: Taxi Driver
Distinct features: Naturally bald head surrounded by a slight darkened skin tone. Stubby round face, almond brown eyes, wide nose and mouth with large, shiny protruded teeth. Slightly short, but with average build.
Choice of clothing: A mish mash of whatever he finds, but usually it's a buttoned shirt with great color representation, denim shorts, slippers and cheap dark tone sunglasses.
Cars: Pontiac Firebird Trans Am, Mazda Atenza Gr. 3 Road Car

Born the second of four paddy farmer's children in a small rural community within Kedah, Ramlie never amounted to anything in life other than making sure by the end of the day, his family gets their well earned compensation. While the labour work wouldn't stop, his aspirations came to fruiton upon his family getting themselves into an industrial scale, bringing in the use of machinery to help with the farm work: garnering an interest in these machines, from what, to eventually how.

He never stopped learning to become an engineer so he too can invent and produce these marvelous creations. However, this enthusiasm would wane for a moment as soon as he's dropped out of high school. While the farmer's life would satisfy his family and friends, he aspired for more, still thinking positively that he's bound to make that impact in life somewhere. With the gizmos and gadgets mindset still strong, he headed out to make a living driving taxis.

Years pass, and Ramlie's small taxi company finds itself in good steady condition to run without issue. On the side, however, he dabbled into being a mechanic for cars, eventually putting aside one of his cabs to become an experiment street racer with a grassroots engine swap, taking more time to finally succeed. Taking it around the area and the expressways proved to garner him attention in the night racing scene. From then, the famed Uncle was born, riding sedans with unimaginable power into victory.

Finding himself in America after the local authorities drove him out of the country, Ramlie became one of the originals of the List, along the 4 members. Being the original mechanic and handyman of the team helped them out for their long age of dominance until it's time to put the heat aside and settle down. These days, Ramlie can either be working on his self tuned taxi job in Tokyo, or handling few small paddy farms in Japan as its stakeholder. He's eager to do so, but never sure when he can return to Malaysia, wanting to see how life moves on without him.

Last edited:
My time with the 917 LL was grinding everywhere I could in those first weeks of game debut. I was thankful to have bought the 25th Anniversary Digital Edition back then. The final WTC Championship awarded me most of my credits before I took advantage of the Audi Rally grind.

Anyway, handing the GR.3 AI their virtual backsides was a treat. Silly speed at Deep Forest and Nurburgring kept the smile on my face.
Once Psvr2 debuted, the car really became a living legend.

Switching set ups to do the Le Mans grind became a snap. The view out made sense and the new car's design compared to its 917K inspiration got my approval. Interior design also met my approval with all the driver info available for display with HUD off.

It's one of the non-VGT cars I like in the game that stands on its own, like a Pagani Zonda R and McLaren P1 GTR - I'll add the Valkyrie to this short list. This coming from a car enthusiast that really doesn't care for the extreme side of ultra performance cars.

I'm calling it a sleeper, among that ultra high performance class, due to its comparable understated looks.

LTTP: For anyone who cares, here's a video review add-on to the DTM Audi:

What is there to say? In a straight line the Audi is actually a tad quicker (and only thx to its DRS), but around a (tighter) track it doesn't really stand a chance against the more modern Super GTs, as they are true grip monsters.

full

Hallo, so another Porsche before the inevitable!

As you may guess, this post means no big writeup from me this week. Not even a small overlook on the car.

Alongside this week's challenge which I will detail, there are a few more things to address.

If I was writing, here is this week's theme song:
Auf Wiederseh'n
KMFDM
Hau Ruck

An impression so far on the car

full

In a whole roster of potential Group X cars in GT7, the Living Legend sits as probably one of my most driven, alongside the Escudo, Zonda R and the original 917 Kurzheck. It's mainly because of this car's great performance within the Le Mans WTC700, being the farmable events I like to frequent most. So I'm not a stranger to the car.

I'd like to say it can fit in Group 2, but oh look: is that really 976 horsepower going to the rear wheels? Won't that mean it's trying desperately to be a drift car? It would be, but if you take it for a spin, you'd see it's never going to fit. It's got grip. 976 horsepower, grip.. on Racing Hards? Just unheard of! There are similarly designed Group 1 cars with more trouble with softer compounds! It's race bred, but if not the 918 Spyder based suspension, you really feel there's a road car inside. It even has a hint of understeer mid corner. Also: deary me, have I found the best short shifter in the entire game?!

There's more I'd write, but to say I really like this thing is to also declare how in touch I am with my inner child.

May I suggest you don't go to Yamagiwa however, because.. you see..

Welcome to yet another episode of SPD taking yet another fruitless weekly challenge too seriously.
Week 70 Edition

full

For this week, we're to win any WTC600 event. Sounds simple.

Given the circumstances of the car we're given however, the real challenge I say is getting the car to work in 600PP. Thanks to the latest physics update, detuned 917 Living Legends got a substantial PP boost. The one I use for WTC700 for instance got about 14 PP up. Not sure if that's the case for any slower ones, but it needs to be mentioned.

Honestly, in any other WTC600 event, it might falter, so I went with the easiest one: the Tokyo Expressway East race that defines the GT7 player's source of Stonks. A 12 lap medley with other street machines you swear are driving with around 20 PP more than usual.

No need for detail, I mean while it's a challenge, of course I won. Else, it wouldn't even be here.

I'm amazing.. I mean.. in this case. It's not a big win, but it's still a win. Here's the proof you need..

full

And the tune I've made use of..

full

Overall, the car struggles to turn in thanks to the poor compound, and the wet road hampering performance. It gets better later on, and the car will reach the finish without a need to stop, or even monitoring the fuel levels. To be safe: if anyone wants to try my method, be sure to save fuel on 2 laps just in case different driving styles come to play.

Also I need to address the lack of a license plate.. you'll be seeing that should I even come on Saturday, as for this week I'm confirmed not coming on the Tuesday. I've put on a Kentucky license plate (where I deduced is where GTPlanet comes from, and honestly that can be wrong), and placed it funny on the hood like the road going 917.

Quick dump on cars I didn't give a score after Week 62

Lamborghini Miura P400 Bertone Prototype
— it wants to kill you in reality and in game, but you are going to definitely earn that huge sense of ecstasy when you do get it to work, I promise! Sleeper.

Alfa Romeo 4C Gr.3 — Happy 2nd anniversary of Week 34 with the very definition of a car that you can never get angry at. It's lacking pace and general understeer is easily the definite proof a perfect Group 3 car can never truly exist. Top Sleeper.

Porsche 911 GT3 (996) — The lofty start of Porsche being no pushover entering the modern era with a no nonsense track racer for the street. This week further cements my understanding on why it's running rampant online, and why the great overlord has his own one. Sleeper.

Genesis G70 GR4 — A car with no character doesn't mean it's going to be slow. A king of consistency, and a true on track lightning bruiser. Neutral.

Toyota GR86 RZ/Subaru BRZ S — The entry level sports car isn't showy or overly complicated, but does the job, and understands what drivers want out of it, be it a racing car, or a rear happy drifter. Neutral.

Renault Sport Clio V6
— Take the Renault R5 through a time machine, and done. Surprised everyone with its grip and handling, making it another stand out overperforming anomaly within its performance range. Sleeper.

Porsche 917 Living Legend Review:

"Why won't you turn you stupid bastard thing"

BONUS REVIEW: McLaren P1 GTR

V.1.50 might have fixed the Kazunori Space Program glitch, but the P1 GTR still skitters and hops as though it were preparing for takeoff nonetheless, and yes, I am driving om default suspension setup with the default Racing Hard tyres. It's differential is several times worse than that of the 430 Scud's. It's a completely undrivable mess.

BONUS BONUS REVIEW: Porsche VGT

don't even.

They may look like any other automaker playing it safe today, but French carmaker Renault has been known in years past to be perhaps the most utterly insane and daring car maker in the industry's history, seemingly just for the sake of it. In the 80s, they were the first to put an engine in the passenger bay of a hatchback and sold it to paying customers, just so they could race that Frankenstein design in rallies, only to follow that up in the 90s by putting a screaming F1 engine into a minivan. No, not an F1–derived engine; an actual, honest–to–FIA F1 engine. One would think then, that not a lot can scare balls–to–the–wall Renault into reconsidering its lunacy going into the new millennium, but ironically, all it took was a seemingly innocuous repeat of the Renault 5 Turbo formula to scare Renault—and other car makes—into never selling another rear midship hatchback to paying customers ever again. One could say then, that the Clio V6 single–handedly scared Renault into snapping back to its senses.

Gran%20Turismo%C2%AE%207_20240818211545.png

"Really? What's so scary about a 229HP hatchback?", you might be thinking at this point. Given its unhinged family tree, a Clio developed with Tom Walkinshaw Racing of Le Mans fame with an NA V6 in the back seems almost predictable, but the car itself was anything but when driven at speed. The initial run of the Clio V6 produced from 2000–2003, dubbed the "Phase 1", quickly earned itself a deadly reputation in real life for being an extremely difficult, if not outright impossible car to handle, with the car wont to spin itself out for reasons as clear and numerous as there are for anyone to spend 240,000 FRF (31,297 USD in 2000, 51,101 USD in 2024) to buy a 2–seater Clio V6 over the 4–seater FF Clio 172 it was barely quicker than to 100km/h. It's only years after the cars' production run ended did we get a clear answer as to why the Phase 1 drove the way it did; evo has a deeply fascinating interview with Steve Marvin, former director of Renault Sport, over the rushed and troubled development of the original Clio V6, where the passionate man goes in–depth into the hows and whys of the Clio V6's tendencies, necessitating the drastic—and arguably overkill—remedies of the Phase 2 Clio V6.

Gran%20Turismo%C2%AE%207_20240817233554.png

We Gran Turismo 7 players, for better or worse, have only the ill–reputed Phase 1 to accompany us in our campaigns. Thankfully however, the Phase 1's widowmaker tendencies just never seemed to translate across the digital divide into the PS4 era of Gran Turismo; I drove the Phase 1 back in GTS COTW Week 188, when I raced it against the 2015 and 2016 Clio R.S. 220 EDC Trophy, where I found that the older car was not only slightly faster than its newfangled siblings, but I also noted that "All three (cars) corner incredibly flat with very little drama", emphasis on the last three words. When RX8 later drove it in GT7 COTW Week 46, he (presumably) liked it so much that he just told me on the spot to automatically make the Phase 1 his next pick. And now, fresh off yet another physics update, the Phase 1 still feels incredibly solid, neutral, and chuckable in v1.49/v1.50 of Gran Turismo 7.

Gran%20Turismo%C2%AE%207_20240817233614.png

Like any hot hatch worth its petrol, the Phase 1 immediately gives its driver that emblematic sense of fitting snug in the palm of one's hand, as though all four tyres are within easy reach from the cockpit of the car as it rotates and dances through a corner with unassailable neutrality, with understeer gradually and tacitly being peppered in as the car approaches its limit. Even torrential downpour does little to faze the Phase 1, and classic RMR traps of Bathurst and Suzuka barely register as threats. Sure, it does feel rather heavy within said hand for its size and class, but it also has about twice the displacement a sane person might expect from a hot hatch, and just like the handling of the car, the power curves of this Laguna–derived 2.9L V6 are even and gradual, encouraging drivers to take it near the rev limiter with each shift while being more than capable of punching from below if the need arises. The only residues of the car's murderous reputation in real life found here in Gran Turismo 7 is at high–speed, where the rear can feel a bit floaty, and it dislikes sharp, sudden steering inputs regardless of where the speedo is pointing. Driven with the respect and smoothness any RMR sports car is due however, the digital Phase 1 presents itself as an incredibly well–balanced, communicative sports car that is difficult to fault!

Gran%20Turismo%C2%AE%207_20240817233607.png

Of course, serious structural changes and hardware are needed to transform an FF grocery–getter into a midship motorsports machine. Despite still looking very much like a regular Clio to the untrained eye, the Clio V6 measures 171mm wider and 66mm lower than a regular Clio, with increased track width and wheelbase to accommodate the rear seats' permanent mechanical passenger and the power it brings to the rear axles, which can reach a healthy 229HP (171kW) when the tach sits square at 60. Handling this power are Michelin Pilot Sport tyres, 205/50ZR17 up front and 235/45ZR17 rear, Comfort Soft by GT7's standards. A six–speed manual gearbox is the only option offered on this track focused wolf in sheep's clothing, though it does come with amenities like air con, power steering, leather–wrapped steering wheel, and an ample 61–litre petrol tank to make living with this exotic pet a little easier. The entire flared package balloons the Phase 1's mass to a frankly astounding 1,335kg (2,943lbs)—stupendously heavy for a hot hatch by contemporary standards.

Gran%20Turismo%C2%AE%207_20240817233635.png

All told, the RMR Phase 1 does the 0–100km/h dash in a claimed 6.4 seconds, which wasn't exactly slow. With this newfound power and rear drive, the Phase 1 can not only duke it out with much more modern hot hatches of today, but also lets it fit right into a conversation among some of the industry's most well known sports cars like the RX-8 and 86 twins despite its heavy mass figure. Cars in this performance bracket are my favourite to drive, because I feel that they have just the right balance of power, handling, and lightness to let the whole package shine without anything dominating the experience, with some of the industry's most renowned sports cars like the 901 Carrera RS 2.7, M3 SE, and S2000 falling within this bracket. None of the aforementioned cars however, are rear mid–engine, rear drive, and so the Clio V6 fills an aching void together with the MR2 Turbo and Elise, the former of which just isn't as quick as the Clio, and latter of which is sorely missing in the game.

Gran%20Turismo%C2%AE%207_20240817233628.png

In short, the Clio V6 fills a niche within a niche in GT7, and it takes some proper lunacy, or just laser–focused passion, to fill a gap so specific. It's just a shame that the Phase 1 in real life was so ill–received that it seemingly scared Renault into growing up, never to try anything this experimental and outlandish ever again, because the virtual car in Gran Turismo shows the world just how brilliant the Phase 1 could've been if the idea had been given the time and resources to properly blossom.

Congratulations to both SPD and Vic, who managed to turn their 917 LL into a road car, transforming it into a money–maker at Tokyo East WTC600! I just wonder if they did anything to its horrible understeer while they were at it...

Money, looks, power, and athleticism. One could have it all, but no matter how much one has, it just never seems to be enough, does it?

After all, with the way humans are hard–wired, you could even say... The World Is Not Enough.

Roll out the red carpets and don your best looking clothes, ladies and gentlemen, because this week, we're featuring a movie star car, the BMW Z8 '01, chosen by the brother of @ScottPuss20 , @scourgehedge !

Gran Turismo® 7_20240817220807.png

Produced for just five short years from 1999–2003, the BMW Z8 is a tribute to perhaps the Bavarian company's most iconic car in its illustrious history: the 507. Like the 507, the Z8 is a luxury roadster with no expenses spared in its construction, featuring an all–aluminium chassis and body, with lavish leather unsparingly adorning the interior. With an M5–derived V8 and a perfect 50/50 weight distribution, it has handling chops as well. But yet, in spite of all this, the Z8 languishes as one of the most forgotten BMWs, both in real life and in Gran Turismo. This week, we attempt to find out if that is deserved or not...

Weekly Lobbies

Our weekly lobbies are ongoing as usual, and anyone (not a dick) is welcome to join us in racing bone stock Z8s under BoP conditions!

The Americas Lobby

PP Limit: 549PP

So, Bond's gone and gotten himself a German car, eh? We'll see if that was a prudent choice or not.

A hero who's lived long enough to become a villain, the TVR Tuscan Speed 6, has set a lap time of 1:22.7 around Goodwood Motor Circuit. Can you take up the mantle of Bond and vanquish the evildoer's time in a stock Z8?

Last edited:
Congratulations to both SPD and Vic, who managed to turn their 917 LL into a road car, transforming it into a money–maker at Tokyo East WTC600! I just wonder if they did anything to its horrible understeer while they were at it...

Money, looks, power, and athleticism. One could have it all, but no matter how much one has, it just never seems to be enough, does it?

After all, with the way humans are hard–wired, you could even say... The World Is Not Enough.

Roll out the red carpets and don your best looking clothes, ladies and gentlemen, because this week, we're featuring a movie star car, the BMW Z8 '01, chosen by the brother of @ScottPuss20 , "Aiko_Mac"!

View attachment 1382173

Produced for just five short years from 1999–2003, the BMW Z8 is a tribute to perhaps the Bavarian company's most iconic car in its illustrious history: the 507. Like the 507, the Z8 is a luxury roadster with no expenses spared in its construction, featuring an all–aluminium chassis and body, with lavish leather unsparingly adorning the interior. With an M5–derived V8 and a perfect 50/50 weight distribution, it has handling chops as well. But yet, in spite of all this, the Z8 languishes as one of the most forgotten BMWs, both in real life and in Gran Turismo. This week, we attempt to find out if that is deserved or not...

Weekly Lobbies

Our weekly lobbies are ongoing as usual, and anyone (not a dick) is welcome to join us in racing bone stock Z8s under BoP conditions!

The Americas Lobby

PP Limit: 549PP

So, Bond's gone and gotten himself a German car, eh? We'll see if that was a prudent choice or not.

A hero who's lived long enough to become a villain, the TVR Tuscan Speed 6, has set a lap time of 1:22.7 around Goodwood Motor Circuit. Can you take up the mantle of Bond and vanquish the evildoer's time in a stock Z8?

@scourgehedge

1724080790378.png

Well I don't know how I lost 0.02 PP (If I gotta hazard a guess, it must be the wheels), but here's a time to start us off.

Not quite feeling enthusiastic about the ride; wager there's already a few of you that'll truly have a personal grudge with the stock handling.

Maybe I'll do a time with the TVR: having a 33 PP advantage warrants investigation (it's also a Signature Car, so I gotta see what's what).

Cute little EDIT:

No, not writing this week. Though.. let's go copy pasting a bit..

If I was writing, here is this week's theme song:
Empty
Garbage
Strange Little Birds

Last edited:
The results for last week's Single–Player Challenge, the James Bond TT, are in!

Molmaz1:24.546
SPD1.22.345
Vic1:22.003

Hey, with the sacrilege of James Bond switching from British cars to German cars, at least Bond himself has to be played by a Brit, right? :)

This week, we're feasting on toufu and driving Corollas, except we're all out of toufu.

Chosen by @Vic Reign93 , we're featuring the Toyota GR Corolla MORIZO Edition '22 this week!

Gran Turismo® 7_20240826070655.png

Vic Reign93​

Gave this one some thought, went back through the list and noticed we may have overlooked this particular pick.

It is the 2022 Toyota GR Corolla MORIZO Edition.

With 300hp on tap from its 1.6 Turbo 3 Cylinder,this Corolla isn't a regular old sensible one like you may see everyday, this one's a track focused homage to the then president of Toyota's racing alias, MORIZO.
While the highly–praised GR Yaris was never sold in America, the GR Corolla looked purpose–built to let our American friends sample the fury of a modern Toyota hot hatch. The turbocharged 3–cylinder engine may have come right out of the GR Yaris and plomped right into a larger, heavier body of the GR Corolla, but said engine has been tuned to produce more power at 299HP, while retaining the Yaris' rally–bred GR-FOUR All–Wheel–Drive system. The particular example included in the game is the MORIZO Edition, shedding its rear seats while bringing with it even more hardcore track upgrades like a close ratio transmission and even more power. But is all that enough for the Corolla to "turn heads", as Morizo himself wishes?

Weekly Lobbies

Our weekly lobbies are ongoing as usual, and anyone (not a dick) is welcome to join us in racing bone stock GR Corollas under BoP conditions!

The Americas Lobby

PP Limit: 525PP

The theme of this week's Single–Player Challenge is "three". Three cylinders, three exhaust tips, and time attacks on three tracks on three separate regions of the world: Laguna Seca, Eiger Nordwand, and Tsukuba. As usual with COTW, the time trials are to be done with bone stock cars.

The catch?

GR Corollas in real life have been known to catch on fire, and Toyota has been known to reject the owners' warranty claims, citing the fact that the cars have been brought above 85mph, which constitutes as "abuse". So for all three time trials, you are not to exceed 85mph on all tracks. Set your in–game units to mph before attempting if you haven't already! Save the replays of your best times; I might ask for them to be shared.

With three being the theme of this week's challenge, let's just hope your GR Corolla won't be the third that burns down, eh? ;) Maybe avoid the body colour literally named, "Smoke"?

Of course, we always welcome opinions, tunes, liveries, photos, videos, or stories about the car here on the thread!

While the highly–praised GR Yaris was never sold in America, the GR Corolla looked purpose–built to let our American friends sample the fury of a modern Toyota hot hatch. The turbocharged 3–cylinder engine may have come right out of the GR Yaris and plomped right into a larger, heavier body of the GR Corolla, but said engine has been tuned to produce more power at 299HP, while retaining the Yaris' rally–bred GR-FOUR All–Wheel–Drive system. The particular example included in the game is the MORIZO Edition, shedding its rear seats while bringing with it even more hardcore track upgrades like a close ratio transmission and even more power. But is all that enough for the Corolla to "turn heads", as Morizo himself wishes?
Yes. Yes it is.

Last edited:
Back