Car of the Week | Week 74: A Slippery Start (Toyota Aqua S '11)

Nice choice. YT review: "The new Corolla/Yaris whatever :D As already seen in the Tsukuba comparison, it is a lot better to drive, than the 2020 Yaris (and somewhat quicker), which helps it on the Nordschleife as well of course. It has two big disadvantages though (in general, not compared to the Yaris): 1. Low top end, and 2. the braking behaviours from higher speeds. GOSH does it get nervous under braking, and if you do not catch it in time, it will start sliding like crazy and loose LOTS of time in the process. Apart from that, it's a really good car I think.

Managed a 07.44.971 on the Nords with it:

1000 meters and Tsukuba battles:

Last edited:
The name's Z8. BMW Z8.

Gran%20Turismo%C2%AE%207_20240826100337.png

BMW Z8 Alpina by ram-toxot
(no tags)

Unfortunately, unlike the famous movie character that drove it, the Z8 actually needs an introduction to most, as it's a very obscure car by BMW standards. With just 5,703 produced and each costing upwards of 135,304 USD when new (about 248,155 USD in 2024), not many were in the privileged position of getting to know the elusive car, and so I thought it'd be a good idea to familiarise ourselves with the Z8 by quickly dropping some names and comparisons: It's meant to be a tribute to the BMW 507, perhaps the company's most influential car yet. It's got a near perfect weight balance thanks to its transaxle layout, just like a Porsche 924. With a 4.9L NA V8 from its stable mate, the M5, it can go from 0–100km/h in a claimed 4.7 seconds, which lets it keep up with modern cars like the C7 Stingray. It's styled by Henrik Fisker, whose last name you may recognise, only to be sawn into two halves by a helicopter in the James Bond movie, "The World Is Not Enough". Oh, and some guy by the name of XSquareStickIt drove one in GT Sport back in 2021 and said he didn't like it very much.

Gran%20Turismo%C2%AE%207_20240826070610.png

But perhaps the most relevant name drop comparison is this: the Z8 drives like a beefed up, loaded out Mazda Roadster: it's much too soft to be a hardcore sports car, requiring its handler to keep the heavy, obscure gadget in check, lest they attract unwanted attention (i.e. ridicule) to themselves. Yet at the same time, the Z8 possesses incredible balance and poise, thanks to a nearly perfect 51:49 weight balance front to rear, and the Z8 is proportionate, cooperative, and—dare I even say—agile, before its springs reach the end of their travel, at which point the car quickly lets go. While capable, the Z8 very much wants to be treated like a Fairlady; it doesn't respond well at all to brute force, instead asking of its driver to be a cognisant gentleman and to be smooth, gentle, and attentive to the car, because it's certainly not shy about wanting a show of heroic saving from its driver every now and then.

Gran%20Turismo%C2%AE%207_20240826112520.png

And so, just like driving an old, rear–engined car like the Alpine A110, the driver has to be ultra aware of where the weight is on the Z8 when driving it hard, knowing when to use the full capabilities of each component of the car, and when to show gentlemanly restraint. The brakes on the Z8 are ABSURDLY strong, but fully depressing the middle pedal at speed unsettles the rear end greatly, and even mild trial braking will see the transaxle car swing out its laden rear end all too easily. The NA V8 not only barks out a soundtrack that would rival American muscle, and it has solid torque from as low as 3,000rpm, but just like the brakes, the full power of the engine has to be sparingly used, because the rear springs will run out of travel soon before the engine can deliver all its power on the default suspension and Sports Hard tyres, easily resulting in a fishtail. 2nd gear is just about redundant after a standing start with how much shove this M5–derived powerplant has, and so its driver will have to know when to use which gear out of which corner for the best performance. In other words, any driver looking to win the Z8 over has to remain calm and calculated at all times; after all, the last thing a spy can do even in the most dire of situations is to panic, and the Z8 is here to remind any prospective spy of that.

Gran%20Turismo%C2%AE%207_20240826070602.png

Treat it right however, and the driver is rewarded with an open–top luxury experience that has enough poise and firepower to stay within a second of a contemporary track toy in the 996 GT3 around Grand Valley Highway, and even make the Porsche's standard steel brakes feel like they've come right out of a luggage cart's while it's at it. In that respect, it stands alone as its own unique thing incomparable to anything else in my mind.

Gran%20Turismo%C2%AE%207_20240826070633.png

...buuuut
, I'd also be remiss if I didn't mention that, ever since our barn burner race at Brands Hatch, there's a car that I haven't been able to stop thinking about, and every time I lay eyes on it, I just melt into a puddle on the inside and giggle. It's also FR with an NA V8 going through a 6–speed manual, with on–track performance nigh inseparable from the Z8. It's not an open top car, but it has a see–through roof and a pair of headlights among the sexiest mankind has dared conjure, and v1.50 of Gran Turismo 7 has arguably given it much more of a glow–up in driving experience than the Z8.

Gran%20Turismo%C2%AE%207_20240826112527.png

I'm sorry, Bond, but I'm going over to the dark side.

The Z8's horizontal interior piece is supposed to be body colour. However, in GT Sport and GT7, it's stuck as silver regardless of the car's base colour, with no way of changing the look of it in the livery editor; it can't be painted, nor can decals be applied to it.

Gran%20Turismo%C2%AE%207_20240827040551.png

The odd thing is, they got it right in GT6! The dash is body colour!

Real life car in blue for comparison:

The BMW Z8. It's quite a conflicted car for me. On one hand, the Z8 is certainly the most graceful and classically beautiful BMWs ever made, which is handy considering it's designer went on to do a few Aston Martins later. On the other, the Z8 is a bit of a parts bin halo car. The engine, the most un-Motorsport of BMW's engines, was essentially a M62B48 with a bit more stroke and Individual throttle bodies. That coupled with the 6-speed manual brings a certain muscle car feel that its exterior does not portray. I have been lucky enough to have some driving time in a few of them and the Z8 feels very much like a very expensive open air E39 M5. There are a few Z8s out there that have the Dinan Race-prepped S62s in them, so imagine what 600 hp NA would feel like! In my testing in GT7, I took the Z8, the Alfa 8C Competizione, and a contemporary 996 GT3 to Road Atlanta to compare. I chose the Alfa 8C because it is of the same ethos as the Z8 with around the same power. The Z8 was the slowest of the bunch, being over a second behind the 8C. The Z8 doesnt feel very rigid when pushed, very much a boulevard cruiser. The GT3 was 3 seconds faster at Road Atlanta, showing what your $100k could have gotten you in 2001. Its no wonder then that Alpina took the Z8 and put the 4.4 V8 and a ZF 5 speed auto in it when they took over. The Z8 is still a Grail car for me, just give me one with the Dinan S62. After all that, its not really a sleeper in my eyes. It disappoints on track, but right at home cruising the Saturday night main street.

It's NEUTRAL.

Just did.

And I’m appalled!!*

View attachment 1384391
I don't know what you looked up, but I meant don't Google a current BMW. Get your filthy mind out of the gutter!
The BMW Z8. It's quite a conflicted car for me. On one hand, the Z8 is certainly the most graceful and classically beautiful BMWs ever made, which is handy considering it's designer went on to do a few Aston Martins later. On the other, the Z8 is a bit of a parts bin halo car. The engine, the most un-Motorsport of BMW's engines, was essentially a M62B48 with a bit more stroke and Individual throttle bodies. That coupled with the 6-speed manual brings a certain muscle car feel that its exterior does not portray. I have been lucky enough to have some driving time in a few of them and the Z8 feels very much like a very expensive open air E39 M5. There are a few Z8s out there that have the Dinan Race-prepped S62s in them, so imagine what 600 hp NA would feel like! In my testing in GT7, I took the Z8, the Alfa 8C Competizione, and a contemporary 996 GT3 to Road Atlanta to compare. I chose the Alfa 8C because it is of the same ethos as the Z8 with around the same power. The Z8 was the slowest of the bunch, being over a second behind the 8C. The Z8 doesnt feel very rigid when pushed, very much a boulevard cruiser. The GT3 was 3 seconds faster at Road Atlanta, showing what your $100k could have gotten you in 2001. Its no wonder then that Alpina took the Z8 and put the 4.4 V8 and a ZF 5 speed auto in it when they took over. The Z8 is still a Grail car for me, just give me one with the Dinan S62. After all that, its not really a sleeper in my eyes. It disappoints on track, but right at home cruising the Saturday night main street.

It's NEUTRAL.
Welcome back!

I was half expecting Vic's pick to be the RUF RGT, surprised he picked the GR Corolla instead.

And our weekly lobby is up! Do join us if you've an hour or two to spare from now!

1724907258777.png

Because I hear SOMEONE wanted it: here it be, buried for almost a year, but here it is, undusted. Just gotta get the whole thing narrated. Will have to do without the usual analysis (because if not the drastic physics change, it's fair to admit past SPD didn't even bother to do 'em)

Should this even work out, it means I will want to write out Week 36. One more thing..

Week 27's designated theme song.
Hero Takes A Fall
The Bangles
All Over The Place

And Week 72's designated theme song.
Gimme Five
Mozart Mob
Delta Music Industry Presents: EUROBEAT MASTERS Vol.21

psst I also gave the Yaris a Eurobeat song I've readied for a while now.. This song, in fact.

If I'm not writing, I should maybe just share the song that appears in my mind on the car. There's a playlist in my phone I update every week on this.

View attachment 1384912

Because I hear SOMEONE wanted it: here it be, buried for almost a year, but here it is, undusted. Just gotta get the whole thing narrated. Will have to do without the usual analysis (because if not the drastic physics change, it's fair to admit past SPD didn't even bother to do 'em)

Should this even work out, it means I will want to write out Week 36. One more thing..

Week 27's designated theme song.
Hero Takes A Fall
The Bangles
All Over The Place

And Week 72's designated theme song.
Gimme Five
Mozart Mob
Delta Music Industry Presents: EUROBEAT MASTERS Vol.21

psst I also gave the Yaris a Eurobeat song I've readied for a while now.. This song, in fact.

If I'm not writing, I should maybe just share the song that appears in my mind on the car. There's a playlist in my phone I update every week on this.
There's a notepad with dark mode out there?!?!?!

Also...

The GR Corolla has the spotlight this week. More specifically, the Morizo Edition. To start this review, I want to present the history of Rally Homologation specials in the United States. It’s pretty short, we only ever got the Mazda 323 GTX, detuned and rebadged ST165 and ST185 Celicas, and the Galant VR4. It’s really not much, no Integrales or Ford RSs ever and no Evos or STis until 2004. As a rally fan at the turn of the millennium, it was Gran Turismo that quenched my enthusiasm for these cars.

Now with some backstory out of the way, let’s look at the GR Corolla in the context of its competition. The hot hatch segment has exploded in recent years. I took 2 of its closest rivals in the US market to Road Atlanta to find a difference between them. I took the Focus RS and the newest FL5 Civic Type R to Braselton, Georgia. Rules are simple, Sport Hard tires, 4 timed laps for the fastest, and a few laps to play. I mean, hot hatches should be fun as well right!

First up was the Focus RS. The most powerful car here, up 25 on the Civic and up 50 on the Corolla. It’s also the heaviest, at 300lbs more than the other two. The Focus is by far the most playful, it rotates at turn-in a bit too much for me. Power pulls it back in nicely…if you can hold the slide. It ended up being the slowest, giving 8 tenths to the Civic and another 2 tenths to the Corolla. The power down the back straight just wasn’t enough to overcome the car’s nervousness in the twisting Sector 1. It also was the only car that required a lift through T12. Definitely the most fun of the three.

Next, I jumped in the Civic Type R. It’s missing the AWD of the other two, but that means it’s also the lightest of the trio. It’s only 30lbs lighter than the Corolla, but it’s probably closer to 80lbs if the Corolla had the rear seats. The sweet spot for the Civic is hot lapping a track. I will put it simply, the Civic isn’t fun. It doesn’t like to be thrown around. It chases lap times, that’s it! The power overloads the tires out of slower corners.

Now for the car of the week, the GR Corolla Morizo! Before I get in to the car, Toyota is building the most enthusiast-focused new cars at the moment and I’m all for it. On to the car, 300hp out of 3 cylinders is crazy in a new car…with a warranty! I was never really enthused about it, because the USA wasn’t going to get the GR Yaris. The Yaris we get is a rebadged Mazda 2. So, from day one I felt like we weren’t getting the good one. I am absolutely proven wrong. The it may be the least powerful of the three, but it doesn’t waste any of those 300 horsepower. Shorter gears, AWD, and within 35 pounds of the Civic gives you a sense of ease in putting down a lap time. It ended up being faster than the track focused Civic by .2 and almost a complete second quicker than the Focus. You get a hint of oversteer at turn-in, but not enough that you lose confidence getting to the apex. I love a neutral car that you can roll through corners, get on the power early, and the GR Corolla does that.

To summarize this week’s car, the GR Corolla was already my favorite car for the Japanese AWD races and I have a tuned one for that. That one did go around Road Atlanta as well. 55 extra horsepower, 700lbs less weight, and Sport Soft tires gave me over 8 seconds improvement over the stock GR Corolla. I did have a thought about seeing if the Corolla could embarrass any of holy trinity of JDM hero cars, but thought it would be too much. Overall, it’s one of the best cars in its segment and to be honest, the game. I’m calling Sleeper status on the GR Corolla!

IMG_5584.jpeg

P.S.: The three separate exhaust outlets look stupid! I understand the center one is the wastegate outlet, but still, just terrible. :yuck:

Last edited:
Only Vic attempted last week's "Warranty Friendly TT", and to be honest, I can't blame anyone else for not trying. I got pissed after 5 mins of trying it myself :lol:

It's Week 73 here at COTW, and our resident storywriter very in touch with his inner child, @SomePlayaDude , has chosen a car that is highly emblematic of the 70s.

His pick? The Nissan Skyline Hard Top 2000GT-R (KPGC10) '70.

Gran Turismo® 7_20240826070702.png

SomePlayaDude​

So.. here I was, browsing some random website on motorsports events for some inspiration, and.. I should recreate what happened with a meme.

logan misses the ford lotus cortina too.jpg

It's not this exact picture, but it's the same car: A Ford Lotus Cortina.

A car I know won't ever come to GT considering the situation of the Lotus license there. I'm sitting here, thinking how I want this itch scratched with you guys. There's also some tears from inside of me, but let's not go there considering my full on show for my feminine side recently. I nominated this car on Forza Horizon 5's COTW. And I'm quite sure I'll never feel that sensation of being behind one with the pedantic care and measure taken by the Polyphony gang ever.

So now you all have a picture made up on what kind of car I want, and that's going to be a car whose predecessor took the hues of this Lotus tuned compact saloon superstar as one of its few rivals. It's not from Europe: but from Japan.

Wash your trunks, fit your gloves, and clean up your mouthguard, because we're going boxing:
Let's roll in the Hakosuka, or more formally known in-game as the Nissan Skyline Hard Top 2000GT-R (KPGC10) '70

Believe it or not, the legend of Godzilla started with this rather unassuming looking rear drive, naturally aspirated, square tailight car! Still, there's no denying that modern motorsports folklore started with this car: Nissan engineers took an ordinary, stylish sedan, lopped off its rear doors, shortened the wheelbase, and put in several sophisticated parts novel for its time to create an all–conquering machine, such as independent rear suspension and a twin cam, 4 valves per cylinder setup for its straight six engine. It would then go on to decimate all of its rivals on an unparalleled show of dominance in domestic touring car races, reportedly amassing over 50 wins, 49 of which consecutive!

Without a Savanna/RX-3 to spoil its party, just how much can the "Hakosuka" impress players in GT7? Join us in our weekly lobbies to race stock C10s to find out!

Weekly Lobbies

Our weekly lobbies are ongoing as usual, and anyone (not a dick) is welcome to join us in racing bone stock C10 Skylines under BoP conditions!

Click on the hyperlinks to convert the times to your time zone, and feel free to add the hosts as friends on PSN to make searching for the lobbies easier!

The Americas Lobby

The Asia/Oceania also kinda European Lobby​

BoP/Settings Disabled: On (Temporarily reverts cars to stock; WIDE BODIED AND ENGINE SWAPPED CARS ARE NOT ELIGIBLE!)
Tracks: Randomly selected by lobby participants (~5 mins practice, ~10 mins sprint)
PP Limit: 412PP
Car: No Limit
Tyres: Comfort Medium

~Single–Player Challenge!~

Just how well can the first GT-R keep up with its much younger and smarter siblings? This week's Single–Player–Challenge tasks interested parties to find out.

SomePlayaDude​

From the early days of GT7's release, I've been complaining on how the Hakosuka's been unable to compete in the Nissan GT-R Cup. That changed in update 1.44.

It's no secret that it's not hard with your own Godzilla. Perhaps to make it sort of a challenge, how about getting one of these events done with your own boxy boi, but keep it street legal with Sports Softs as your best compound. Don't think it's THAT hard, but my experience tuning this car has been rather fishy, so I like to see what'll come of it.

There's an additional rule for this challenge: an engine swapped Hakosuka is not allowed.

Of course, we always welcome opinions, tunes, liveries, photos, videos, or stories about the car here on the thread!

Last edited:
Sorry, I forgot the car has an engine swap with the LZ20B from the Super Silhouette. That's not allowed for the challenge this week so we can save that for when it gets that swapped re-nomination.

Sorry, I forgot the car has an engine swap with the LZ20B from the Super Silhouette. That's not allowed for the challenge this week so we can save that for when it gets that swapped re-nomination.
Yeeeeeah after that flustercuck week with the Jimny, I don't think I want to dedicate another week to a swapped car. :indiff:

I'll amend the challenge description to disallow the swap.

The utterly bonkers GR Yaris wowed us at COTW so much that we elected it our Car of the Year in 2020, but sadly, our American friends in the real world never got to sample one of the hottest homologation hatches ever sold. Almost as if to remedy this, the GR Corolla powerslid into stateside dealerships in autumn 2022, bringing with it the same rally–bred turbocharged 3–cylinder engine and GR-FOUR All–Wheel–Drive system as is found in the Yaris. So confident are Toyota in the GR Corolla that a select few of those will even bear the racing alias of its company chairman, Toyoda Akio: "MORIZO". But can a larger 5–door hatch really be a satisfactory substitute for the pocket rocket GR Yaris, even in the land where everything is bigger?

Gran%20Turismo%C2%AE%207_20240902125204.png

ROOKIE GR Corolla H2 concept '23 by U-SKE01

#stai #supertaikyu #rookie

Going by looks, I'd say that the GR Corolla is even better than the GR Yaris; the 12th gen Corolla is one of the best looking hatchbacks ever made in my opinion, and the GR Corolla has faithfully retained the lines and proportions of its base model, unlike the GR Yaris. Under its vented bonnet, the 1.6L turbo 3–cylinder gains a sizeable power bump, stiffer suspension, and wider tyres all four corners to help offset the increased mass of the GR Corolla, with the super–hardcore MORIZO Editions churning out 31HP more and packing rubber 20mm wider at each corner when compared to the top–of–the–line GR Yaris—299HP (223kW) and 245mm respectively. The result of all that is a shockingly heavy track toy (1,445kg, 3,186lbs) that is slightly faster than the GR Yaris most of the time, while behaving almost identically to its beloved brother in the twisty bits. The smaller Yaris will have a slight leg–up in tighter corners, while the more powerful Corolla edges away on long straights, meaning that, on the right tracks, the two can be dead even. Considering just how much the GR Yaris impressed us at COTW with its agile yet surefooted handling, it's really saying something that Toyota have managed to retain so much of what made the GR Yaris so lovely to drive in a larger, much heavier body.

Gran%20Turismo%C2%AE%207_20240902123428.png

Even though its name and body shell nowadays are more associated with Super Taikyu and hydrogen fuel, the GR Corolla is very much still a rally car at heart when powered by old fashioned, unleaded gasoline in road–going guise. Its G16E engine may be capable of revving to 7,200rpm, but that's more for hanging onto a lower gear as the driver power slides the car out of a bend on loose surfaces, and serves no real purpose beyond engine braking on paved tarmac. The MORIZO's happy place is between 3,250rpm and 4,600rpm, where it makes and maintains its peak torque of 400.0N⋅m (295.0lbf⋅ft), allowing it to spin up all four of its wheels from a wide rpm range in a moment's notice on loose surfaces, or simply to lug the car out of a corner in a higher gear to eliminate an upshift. I personally feel it best to shift this thing around 6,700rpm, which is about 3/4 of the rev bar on the game's HUD, or shortly after the gear indicator starts blinking orange in the car's instrumentation screen.

Gran%20Turismo%C2%AE%207_20240902123456.png

Having its roots buried deep into the dirt of rally stages, the Corolla does unfortunately have some classic understeer typical of rally machines. To counteract this, Toyota engineers have dialed in classic rally car rear rotation under braking in the GR Corolla, and it's a decision I'm struggling to come to grips with, literally and figuratively. On one hand, the rear end swinging out under hard trail braking can be lovely on a narrow, twisting track, such as Bathurst and Laguna Seca, but I'm no Toyota master driver, and I struggle to find any predictability and consistency with it. On a wider track, or for corners with deeper apexes, such as T1 of Road Atlanta and Deep Forest, that tail happiness becomes a dangerous liability that has to be actively avoided and managed. It's a little infuriating and puzzling, because while the GR Yaris had hints of this tail happiness, the car with the shorter wheelbase didn't suffer from this chronic oversteer problem nearly as much as the Corolla. Methinks this extra tail happiness under braking is a conscious setup decision by Toyota to counter the Corolla's larger size and mass to get it to rotate like the Yaris does more naturally, but I personally think they overdid it a bit. I drove the Corolla with ABS Default—the safest setting the game offers players—and I still found the Corolla a bit too quick and eager to snap, and I really do wish they would at least increase the ABS strength on the rear a bit in Track Mode so it doesn't brake the rear tyres that much. After all, Toyota GR models are specially fitted with a traditional handbrake lever to facilitate this style of driving, and the GR-FOUR All–Wheel–Drive system would even automatically decouple the rear wheels from the gearbox when the handbrake is engaged, so I really don't get why the foot brake has to make the car so twitchy.

Gran%20Turismo%C2%AE%207_20240902123503.png

As for alternatives, there may be cars that can offer or exceed the Corolla's stiff, no–nonsense handling, rally–ready setup, brutish power, charming looks, suggestions of practicality, and relatively reasonable price, but none really bring all those together in one package like the Corolla. The FL5 Civic Type R is the most obvious rival, being a modern sports car on sale today with similar performance on a dry, paved track, but it immediately falls apart the moment grip diminishes due to rain, loose surfaces, or simply on a tight, low speed track like Tsukuba, where the FF Civic doesn't have enough time to use its 26HP advantage to claw back the ground lost on corner exits to the AWD Corolla. The Honda also feels completely dead to drive and unpredictable at speed to my hands. The much more powerful AWD Focus RS actually has rear seats, but lacks the track focus and crispness in the corners that the Corolla offers, and would struggle to even remain a blur in the Corolla's rear view mirror on a tighter track. The 2014 WRX STi is so very pleasant to drive, but it might get another form of STI to its name after the Corolla gets done raw dogging it on a lap time board. An R32 GT-R would happily hang with the Corolla, as will any of its JDM sports car contemporaries, but they're all expensive as hell in GT7, and not all of them drive well. Really, the only thing that seems to be able to closely compare to the GR Corolla is the GR Yaris. Me personally? I'd take the Yaris any day for its lightness, its relative lack of tail happiness, its slightly lower PP when stock, and much cheaper price, even if my gaze stubbornly refuses to convey that.

Gran%20Turismo%C2%AE%207_20240902125947.png

In short, the GR Corolla is a jack of all trades that does everything at a high level, and is nigh–impossible to argue against as a package, especially when you consider that in real life, it supposedly even comes with a warranty.

The maxed Skyline sounds like a stock R35 and I don't like it. I would like to know which freaking part makes the engine sounds like it has 2000 less revs than it does so that I'll never install it in anything ever again.

Last edited:
Really enjoyed the OG Skyline yesterday. Despite having 4 of them in my garage, I’d be lying if I put a mile on any of them. This car has inspired me to finish the reconfiguration of my ergonomics, and hook my H-Pattern back up again.

Not to mention, through the lens of VR, the interior textures were absolutely out of this world.

I haven’t said it in a while; but it’s extremely evident which VR interior models were a direct copy/paste from GTS —> GT7….. and which cars were built from the ground up
Utilizing the potential of the PS5 platform and PSVR2 from the start

SPD: cheats on this week's excursion into Goodwood and makes 1:36 laps while others do 1:37s

SPD who doesn't cheat:
1725725545383.png

There are like a buncha different lessons I've learned here:

1) drugs don't use winners
2) Cheating SPD is holding back the eventual slaughterfest Honest SPD was going to lay out
3) I should start suggesting Goodwood again
4)

GIF NFS Carbon Samson Major Skill Issue.gif

psst the cheat was that I slapped on Comfort Soft tires on the rear, meaning more grip, but honestly it didn't mean anything to a guy like me [teeth glares]

Last edited:
SPD: cheats on this week's excursion into Goodwood and makes 1:36 laps while others do 1:37s

SPD who doesn't cheat:
View attachment 1387247

There are like a buncha different lessons I've learned here:

1) drugs don't use winners
2) Cheating SPD is holding back the eventual slaughterfest Honest SPD was going to lay out
3) I should start suggesting Goodwood again
4)

View attachment 1387251
psst the cheat was that I slapped on Comfort Soft tires on the rear, meaning more grip, but honestly it didn't mean anything to a guy like me [teeth glares]

Congratulations on that breathtaking win, SPD!

(Obvious warning for bad language video is obvious)

I don't drive old cars that often, and thus not only do I not have context on what the standard is like for sports cars in the late 60s/early 70s, I also struggled a lot more than usual with the Hakosuka in our lobbies, so I don't feel qualified to speak on how good or bad it is.

full

But I've always had a bit of a soft spot for the Hakosuka ever since I owned one in Need For Speed: World, and thought it to be really cute and classy at the same time. I personally can't see one without its TOTALLY ADORBS rear wing, and any Hakosuka without it simply isn't a Hakosuka to me, akin to a Viper without stripes. It's also one of the very few cars in GT7 I've wide bodied, simply because of how "appropriate" it looks, for the lack of a better term. I wish more cars in GT7 had quality aftermarket parts like the Hakosuka, instead of ugly, uninspired, tacked–on, off–the–shelf–bits! That said, I'm disproportionately annoyed by how its front licence plate and chrome bumpers are both classified under the same "Other" section in the livery editor, which makes it an extraordinary pain to put plate decals cleanly on the plate without it bleeding over onto the bumper behind it. This is the most I could do with minimal projection settings, and even then there's still a sizable splotch of white on the bumper behind the plate and urrrrgh I'm gonna have a breakdown.

full

(Guess whose car is in the reflection?)

To drive, the Hakosuka demands almost an affectionate level of care from its driver. The car is so sensitive and delicate to drive that, at a time trial with near–instantaneous deltas, I could gain or lose entire tenths of a second coming out of the same corner twice, despite both runs feeling reasonably good, and it was baffling. It's not as taut nor stiff as a modern car, so there's just a slight bit more delay in the car responding to inputs than what I'm accustomed to, and so everything has to be done a bit slower so as not to upset the car; feed in steering lock slower, roll onto the brake pedals gentler, release the brakes more before turning in for trial braking, be cognisant of how much the car is leaning so as not to waste forward propulsion to spinning up the inner rear wheel, and get on the throttle pedal earlier as well, as this NA engine is gutless when not above 6k rpm, so oftentimes you can mash the loud pedal fully coming out of a corner, even with an open differential.

full

As for alternatives, even the "standard" S30 Fairlady is demonstrably quicker than the Hakosuka, and a Toyota 2000GT would wallop it at speed despite both having similar specs (but entirely dissimilar prices!), but god damnit, none of them are the Hakosuka. There, that's my very scientific and helpful analysis.

Also, since SPD is going to make Hakosuka at Goodwood a thing and I'm no good at tuning...

har har spd.png

LTTP review of the ferocious F430 Scuderia (or rather Scideria am I right haha), finally now as I have released all to the car related videos, and maybe a little as an antidote to next weeks car (which I chose erhm erhm):

On the Nords, I managed a 07.13.293 with it (with a few code brown moments).

YT review: "Waited a long time for this one to return from GT5! Yes it's still as awesome as ever, but the new physics just don't let me push rear wheel drive cars to their fullest. I just hate it."

1000m drag races and Tsukuba battles against its direct rivals:

Verdict: slippery sleeper

Last edited:
SPD Writes Gran Turismo 7's Car Of The Week: Week 73 - Nissan Skyline Hard Top 2000GT-R (KPGC10)

full

It's another one of those cars SPD gave a name to. This week, returning from one of the many undisclosed weeks since Week 4: it's the return of Boxzilla under the boxy limelight.

You might be thinking: "This isn't the Ford GT in any shape or form".

In that case, I'd be dumb to say you're wrong.

I'm not one to prod in someone's thoughts like I've been accused of having the past couple weeks, but eventually, as a fellow car nut: in your head, you might be thinking.. how did Nissan's flagship performance beast come to form? And how did we get legendary street monsters from this company to begin with. The KPGC10 was the car that began that trend.

Back in the 60s, Nissan would buy out Prince Motor Company: a gradually growing engineering firm that would also house Japan's most advanced racing technology at the time. To perhaps commemorate this, Nissan sets its sights on Prince's current lead luxury car: the Skyline, and wanted to take it up a notch. Developing a newly re-engineered powerplant meant for their prototype racing R380, the triple carburetored, 2 liter Inline-6 S20 made its way into the boxy 4 door C10, albeit a toned down version, of course.

The result of this combination would be touring car racing wins for the Hakosuka. Though, said name wasn't used by Nissan themselves. The name itself is kind of like a Pokemon: 2 words mixed to a portmanteau. 'Hako' meaning box, and 'Suka' (not referencing a certain Russian swear word) taken from 'Sky' of the car's designated name Skyline. So, on the racing: in the 3 years it came out, the car went to win. There are cars with win streaks, and the boxy boy would make a staggering 50 of them on its 3 active years. This would cement the names of many Japanese racing legends. My favorite of the lot would be Best Motoring old dude Gan-San himself.

With a limited run of 1200 models, the legendary Skyline is revered, just as it is also scarce. But it did lead to Nissan having a nice colorful starting point for their passion in taking the eventual leap into supercar killing territory. There's no Godzilla reference yet, me buckos, because that is reserved for when someone nominates the R32.

Personal note: 3 of the many road going Nissan GT-Rs in the game are designated Signature Cars. 2 of them haven't been introduced proper, and the third will come with an Ace Ventura theme song. Aside from me, this all still be a guessing game for y'all who these characters are.

It's time to start out the story. Now, since Week 4, you saw the Hakosuka and would eventually meet this car's owner in Week.. I think it was Week 8 with the Civic TC in Isamu Adachi. It's frequent appearances would mean yes: I do love this car. It's perhaps one of my top 3 Nissan road cars, and it should be glad it's in the cars I want to write about.

Was I waiting for this moment? Well, I did lose the chance to nominate the Miura, and the time for the Mustang BOSS has passed. Though.. Shin the dog gets a pass on today's scenario, if you're into that. I'm kind of more disappointed that nobody recognized it, especially on how many times I did use this car whenever Adachi ends up appearing.

This week's theme song:
Caught In The Game
Survivor
Caught In The Game

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Episode: An Atmospheric Contest of Classics

Deep Forest Raceway
Graubünden, Switzerland
Late Afternoon

full

As the day's action comes to a close, the gathering crowds begin to dissipate.

full

Within the confides of the pit lane, three cars remain, poised strong on by various aspects being packed aside, hinting towards a victory celebration that's happened earlier.

Eventually, as the only person in that area, exhausted but elated Lucia Weiss pops open her helmet and unzips her cumbersome racing outfit, letting loose her body to meld with the cool Swiss air.

After letting her sleeves go, and letting the race suit cover her lower body, she walks back to her garage.

Arriving, the team begins to reconvene, but as she was about to ask a nearby technician..

Lucia: "Alright.. now does anyone.. aahh, there you are, Frau Sophia."

Former Augur agent, now Lucia's team captain Sophia walks in, with a never ending smile on her face as she greets with passion..

Sophia: "Lucia! Mamma mia! congratulazioni for finishing in such a spectactular position! I must ask.. how are you feeling?"

Lucia: "I'm.. great! Grazie bene."

Realizing a hint of Italian came out of her, Lucia began to fret..

Lucia: "Ohh, my excitement has pent up in such a way.."

Sophia: "It seems Bernardo's left a bit of him in you."

Lucia: "Not like the mann wouldn't.. and however much more of him you don't wish to convers about."

All Sophia could do is smile as she giggled..

Sophia: "Ohohoh, we're not here to discuss that, though. I'll have the team up and back in Nurburg by nightfall."

Lucia: "Oh, you do that, danke.. und.."

Sophia: "What?"

Lucia: "Oh, it's nothing. It's about time I get a feel good moment in, is all. By myself I mean."

Adhering to that, Sophia prepares to walk out, and as she does, she then notices another person coming over.

Sophia: "Ohh, of course.."

Lucia might use the time to unwind, though it gets momentarily interrupted by her manager's sudden call..

Sophia: "Straighten up, vecchia! We have guests incoming."

Lucia: "Who might that be?"

She readjusted her glasses, and then shortly after shared..

Sophia: "The first of being our small statured darling Candy Lam.."

The little lady then arrived, but Sophia was first in line, as she greeted..

Candy: "Sophia! Hey! You seem busy.."

Sophia: "Ohh, mamma mia, I afraid I am. Perhaps we can arrange another time if you wish to.."

Candy: "I think I'm good. But thanks as always."

Sophia: "No.. thank YOU.."

She leaves, feeling uneasy but gratified from the little lady.

Candy though goes back on track to her good friend, approaching her..

Candy: "Lulu.."

Lucia: "Well, looks to me SOMEBODY's lost their wager."

Candy: "I, umm.. well.. I'm flooding in credits, Lulu!"

Lucia: "Considering your spending habits, Frau.. you know I'm just pulling your leg."

The banter would continue, but Lucia feels no nonsense going ahead, gabbing onwards..

Lucia: "Not sure why I'm so fired up seeing YOU of all people.. I know you're here to tell me something, ja?"

Her intimidating, fist clenched self got Candy to however stutter in fear for a moment..

Candy: "Umm, ahh, emm good job on a third place finish!"

It's hard to get someone hardened like Candy to recoil backwards feeling afraid..

..unless your name is Lucia who has a streak of anger so great there's nobody that can stop her when that gets out, usually.

She thought this all to be a good moment, so she let her fury slide for the moment, responding jovially..

Lucia: "Well, I appreciate hearing from you. Too bad about Cierra not being able to keep up, though."

Candy: "I hear it's more technical than just plain skill."

Lucia: "I'll see if Sophia has anything to say about that. Seen her around, or.."

Candy: "Cierra? Umm, no. I didn't keep track this time."

Lucia: "Ahh. So.. where's your boyfriend?"

Taken off balance with that, Candy started to reply, hinting away her bashfulness towards the man mentioned.

Candy: "B-Bon! I mean.. Boniface.. umm.. he's.. well, fair enough to say he's busy with the press on his first Group 3 victory. Humm.."

Lucia: "I say he's preferring that treatment over you."

Those words turned her mood around, as Candy angrily responded.

Candy: "Ohh shove off!"

Lucia: "Ja, your objection is proof of your admission!"

Candy: "Did your time in Augur turn you to a wise ass?!"

Lucia: "Ohh, nein nein. It's like you fail to see I'm in a good mood. You know, as the runner up, wouldn't you be happier?"

Having an idea on how to answer, Candy responds calmly.

Candy: "I, umm.. in the course of today's race, I realized what Alan said is true."

Lucia: "Of?"

Candy: "How every following victory begins to find itself hollow after every round.. or something like that."

Lucia: "It is no reason for you to be sad! Let's celebrate before certain individuals come to ruin the moment. Like.."

Strangely, as if to eat their words, a song they dread to listen in to starts to play.

Candy: "Speak of the devil."

Lucia: "Ja, like THAT schweinhund."

The ladies turn one way to an expected arrival point, and Candy suggests what's already been done..

Candy: "Crack those knuckles, Lulu."

Lucia: "Did I teach you that? Because if I didn't, you read my mind, Frau Candy."

As Lucia slowly walks forwards, a shadowy figure reveals themselves.

While they see what to expect, Candy's sense of smell however..

Candy: "(This hint of tobacco! Sonny Meng doesn't smoke!) W-Wait! Lulu!"

Her warning was heeded by deafened rage ears.

Towards the figure Lucia lunges a quick fist forwards, but she knew to stop just before Genos would feel the sense of death through one punch.

Said Genos however comes in the form of Nirvana, showing her usual unphased look as the wind blows back her brunette locks.

Watching this scene unfold, Candy muttered in awe.

Candy: "Just when we can't find anyone who can stand up to Lulu.."

Nirvana, leaning aside, responds to this accomplishment, smugly.

Nirvana: "Fufufu.. The pompous ass is correct. He concludes, with such gusto, you and your Deutsch friend are here, little fool."

As Lucia backs off, the conversation in the garage continues..

Candy: "That's not hard to figure, it's that.. Bohemian Like You doesn't come with you in the grand scheme of having an entrance theme."

Nirvana: "Let that be you as grand witness that I, Nirvana, has taken the imitation of that boorish clown to the next level."

Drowned in acclaim, Candy and Lucia comment..

Candy: "I know this arch enemy game is serious business, but I never thought imitation is one angle to attack it.."

Lucia: "Isn't it 'imitation is the sincerest form of flattery'? I think what's being done is just wrong, Frau.."

However, she exits her moment of splendour and replies.

Nirvana: "Nirvana hears you perfectly fine, lest you know."

Lucia: "There is a hint of that dastardly schweinhund in her that's unmistakable, lest you know."

Nirvana: "Clever words. However, Nirvana's faults are not to be what's on focus as of now. Fufufu.."

Baffled by her already baffling vocabulary, Lucia takes that to a whole new level as she puts those in thought..

Lucia: "Umm.."

However, the little racer has this all figured, realizing..

Candy: "It's not my first, okay. You're the distraction?"

Nirvana: "Correct."

As that all played out, the garage finds itself filled up with more than just the pit crew, as other racers come in to announce themselves..

Boniface: "Ahhh, ma cherie. I'm disappointed. How brutish of them to not think to look behind, don't you agree, mademoiselle?"

Cierra: "Ughhh.. L-Lulu! It wasn't m-my idea! HONEST!!"

Sonny: "I'll take the hit, sis. Y'know, like any self proclaimed badass should, heh [teeth glares]."

As they come in, Lucia has the words for the occasion..

Lucia: "I'm going to test you, Sonny.. how was your plan for the day going?"

Sonny: "Not good, baby. One Step Ahead requires me to win races, not choke at the presence of that she-witch, lor. All in all, you deserve it, Luce."

The man besides him nods as he continues..

Boniface: "Despite that barbaric outcry, I think so too."

Lucia: "I.. honestly still can't take this result in full face. I'm sorry.."

Seeing this, Cierra steps in and uncharacteristically blurts out..

Cierra: "T-this lack of self confidence is what's concerning when we were in Augur.. or in our special time together in Toyota, even!"

Boniface: "More notes for our private soiree, madame Weiss."

Candy though was stuck in thought, realizing..

Candy: "Silly. That Bohemian Like You emanating from yourself is.."

Nirvana: "All a farce."

Nirvana then walks by, with her usual antagonism in place towards a certain flustered fellow..

Sonny: "Well, that's come and gone. NOW.. I'm going to be a little angry now while I blame HER for everything that's cost me.."

Nirvana: "Our clashing has costed us.. quite superbly, as Nirvana plots."

Sonny: "Bul[BLEEP]! I can smell it from a mile away, you bitch of bitches. She's purposely saying that to piss me off, lor!"

Nirvana: "HAH! Ohh, you poor thing. Why don't you cry me a river?"

She's winning, he thinks, so he has to resort to what's coming up..

Sonny: "I'll show you tears of joy.. FEAST ON THIS!!"

..by opening up his jacket and revealing a new sight of Sonny Meng's muscular upper body, evident it's been buffed up with discipline and effort.

The fact that its shining unnaturally however got him various responses of his peers..

Cierra: "nnnn-NYAAAHH! I-is something happening?!"

Boniface: "Shield your eyes, I will protect you!"

Lucia: "Gaahh.. Mein Gott, this is some antic.. or.."

Candy, strangely not phased in the slightest, looks towards Boniface, mouthed quietly in awe..

Candy: "Ooohh.. that's so chivalrous.."

Back towards THAT guy, he then begins to make his moves akin to Terry Crews in a bathing products commercial.

Sonny: "Haaah! Huuuh.. Flex these babies good!"

Candy, coming up close, observes..

Candy: "Is it just me, or is steroids back in the menu?"

Nirvana: "Nirvana wishes that be true, but we just had a contest. That clown would be found cheating if he was drugged."

Candy: "And.. this man loves his integrity, am I right?"

Sonny: "See, someone gets the memo! Now you watch me FLEX IT!!"

Unable to feel angry about this situation, Lucia comments in a stange mix of awe and oddity.

Lucia: "Just when my moment of celebration can't get any.. stranger."

The target Nirvana however..

Nirvana: "Fufufu.."

..begins to laugh, unimpressed and unphased as a song begins to play in the back..

At a blink or you miss moment, Nirvana grunts..

Nirvana: "NNGGGRRRRR!!"

..flexing her body, up until it's able to rip off her blouse and revealing a similarly built upper body, taking the surprise of everyone in the room.

Candy: "What?! WHAAAT?!"

Cierra: "J-JUST WHO THE HELL IS SH-SHEEE?!!"

Lucia: "A-a..."

Boniface: "Mon Dieu! That is.. is.. INCONCEIVABLE!"

Sonny too was in this sense of distraught, but he can't express it with reasons stuck behind his ego as he continues.

Nirvana then declares, as she grips her hands together..

Nirvana: "You.. think Nirvana won't be able to compare to your petty efforts?"

Back to her calm self, Lucia then questioned the little racer..

Lucia: "Candy, it's that.. when you said cigar burns was the worst.."

Candy: "No, no. In comparison.. goodness, it is CREEPY, that's what this is!"

And then to the rest..

Lucia: "Hmm.. und are you okay, Cierra?"

Cierra: "Uhhh.. uhh.. I-I.."

Boniface: "It is scary to what lengths she would do to even.. however brutish.."

Too freaked out to leave, the whole scene then turned to..

Lucia: "Eh?"

..those two shaking hands with a slap..

The animosity still carries on, as they start to bicker..

Nirvana: "How's that, you creep?"

Sonny: "Come lah, that was bad f[BLEEP]ing ass. Too bad you're the hag of hags."

Nirvana: "Huhuhu.."

The crowd still remained at watch, but Cierra then noticed..

Cierra: "Oh wow. Did the l-lights dim red, or is this.."

Candy: "It's.. blushing? Oh. Oh yes. It seems they hate each other is.. a statement more and more difficult to phrase as time goes on."

A small ski resort by Kleine Scheidegg
Bernese Alps, Switzerland

Late Night

full

A restaurant begins to close for the night, but closing time is still an hour away.

It didn't stop from Boniface taking his darling out for a nice private dinner on the resort eatery.

As the snow begins to pile, the heat remains inside, as they sit, satisfied on the table, looking at each other over used cutlery and plates.

They chatter on, keeping to themselves..

Boniface: "Ahh, ma cherie. Everything tonight remains in order to the end. I'm glad."

Candy: "I've never had such a good time.. up the mountain roads in your Giulia, to getting refined slabs of beef. My, well.. you've outdone yourself."

Boniface: "I wish to say that's all true. Perfection is always a step ahead, and much as I plan to attain it, there will always be something.. or someone in the way, oui?"

Candy: "You saying you winning your first major race in Group 3 isn't perfect?"

Boniface: "Good as it may be, but non. I strive to get closer, even knowing I cannot reach there alone. That's why I took no second thoughts to hop on with Mythic."

Candy: "There's a name I haven't heard in quite some time.. keep me posted if Nash wants me on or still as his special little guest, hmm?"

Boniface: "In due time, I promise you, ma cherie."

Their moment of peace however came to a stop as they overhear sounds of men enjoying themselves just outside their private room.

Wanting to keep the moment, Candy quoted quietly.

Candy: "Annoying. I mean.. it sure is late, but.."

Boniface: "Ohh, so as I am drinking their wine, they don't mind keeping me here."

Candy: "So, umm.. if we go any further, can I admit.. I don't think I'd like drinking in my future in any shape or form.. not that I want anything against, just.."

Boniface: "Ohh, non, non. I'll respect your passions, so that you'll respect mine in return."

Candy: "Agreed."

Boniface: "Fantastique. I've been hearing about yourself more on.. how you're a woman of class."

Candy: "Class is defined differently, but.."

Boniface: "It's not to be concerned of. Please don't tense yourself, ma cherie."

The noises that disturb them soon continue to louden itself..

Candy: "Noise is annoying us again.. wait, Bon.. isn't the place.."

Boniface: "Popular? Oui, it is. It's also near closing."

In unison, the couple then looked around the corner from their private table, and saw a table..

Candy: "All around there are familiar faces."

Boniface: "Worn-out places bring worn-out faces.."

Consisting of a regiment from Jacob Ross's motley crew of street racers, Boniface then strangely feels weight on him, then hears..

Lucia: "The game is up, don't you think so, bro?"

Williem: "Ja, ja. Und I hope they have no clue.."

Candy: "Lulu?! What the heck?!"

Boniface: "Qu'est ce que ce? Umm.. are you all standing on me?!"

Upon realization, the whole pile up then crashed, with Candy glad to not be part of it as she sighs in relief.

As they get themselves up..

Boniface: "Well, I'm not surprised you are even here, Williem. What brutish thought do you have to be about here?"

Williem: "Ja, well.. it's good to see you, my bitter foe."

The choice of words then gave Candy a request..

Candy: "'Bitter foe'? Context please?"

Boniface: "I took his crown from him. Not like he could even keep it."

Williem: "Junge frau.. it's true, but it doesn't mean I'm not fighting back every chance I can."

Candy: "Fight? You? But, darling, I thought Paul was your.."

Boniface: "That barbarian's more personal. For him, this would come into the Supercar Festival's territory of rivalry. Don't worry, we never lean into any kind of hostilities. I'm a man of my word. But as you see.. Williem is also a part of The List."

The dashing cool character then explains.

Williem: "Well, I see you notice a notable sect of The List is here."

Lucia: "Candy, before you even mutter: we're together, as brother and sister. No funny s[BLEEP]."

Williem: "And well.. if you don't trust HER.."

Hinting Lucia's rage into the conversation gave Candy worry enough to admit..

Candy: "No! No distrust. Not like you two are into that anyways. But.. The List can't be here for no reason.. right?"

Straightening his clothes, Boniface then admits.

Boniface: "I probably have to tell her."

Candy: "Ohh, Bon?! How could you?!"

Boniface: "Let me explain.. Mainly because it's not involving yourself. The List and The Big 3 are clashing tomorrow."

Williem: "Ja, and officially too. It's part of Eiger Nordwand's grand re-opening ceremony, as well us getting involved to your Historic Sports Car Masters series."

Candy: "I think.. that's tomorrow. So, you're part of the opening ceremony? Or is it ceremonies?"

Lucia: "Me and Williem. My big podium finish is going to make this better, a little bit, that is."

With this gathering of more information, Candy then wondered.

Candy: "It does explain Cierra not around. So.. It's a seven on seven?"

Williem: "Umm, six on six. I'm not racing."

Candy: "Why's that? You get to get some revenge on Bonny boy here."

Williem: "Much as I'd love that, I've no historic cars. Und the devil in the prada says there's no exception. 30 years or older."

Candy: "Devil in the prada.. Samantha."

Boniface: "Ohh, you know this one? My suggestion: as spoken by Wu-Tang Clan, protect your neck."

While a moment came for Candy to remember all the times she's been choked by Miss Walsh's log legs, she then wanted to forget as she looked back out..

Candy: "Let's zoom in.."

She can't hear exactly, but from afar they can hear a semi-serious discussion playing out..

Ramlie: "You call this spicy? Haiyaa, such a shame."

Murph: "What bollocks you saying, big Uncle?! I'm flaming up, ay."

Lena: "Oh ho ho. Khorosho! You Asians are something else.."

Sonny: "See, look at these pussies and their little baby chillies.. [chicken gawking]"

And those watching then commented..

Candy: "In a scale of one to ten, how much of a grand time is all this?"

Boniface: "Excluding Nirvana.. four to.. maybe eight. Murph seems to be a four."

Lucia then added, with her own observation..

Lucia: "Don't forget that one.. dog man Isamu and his bandana."

Candy: "Objection, Lulu: they call that a hachimaki. But you're on to something. There is something up with Adachi-san."

Boniface: "Cherie, I hope it's a non-issue. We want him on full power for our race tomorrow."

Candy then looked towards the usually hot headed Adachi feeling glum over the crowd he surrounds himself with.

It's out of his character, noting to herself..

Candy: "Adachi.. what's gotten into you? Curious is the wolf.."

Eiger Nordwand
Grindelwald Village, Bernese Alps, Switzerland
Sunrise

full

Leaving from her resort the earliest moment she could climb up the fabled mountain circuit, Candy arrives to no fanfare, with people just opening shop around.

full

Also meaning parking in the area is cleared, Candy settles the charge and begins to look around the recently refurbished road..

Candy: "All these hills and these barriers? My big sis would question if this place even in the okay for FIA regulation! Or rather.. why would it even be a question?!"

Using some binoculars she gazes about the whole track, not noticing the presence of a car until it blared its classic car horn loudly.

full

Momentarily shocked, she looked, noticing..

Candy: "There's a familiar Hakosuka.."

As she goes down to the track roads, she sees the driver, alone, roll down the car windows..

Candy: "Adachi-san.. ohaiyou.."

Isamu: "Ohaiyou.. Candy-kun. There's no one else I know that dresses red and white like you do. Looks to me you've some business snooping as always."

Candy: "I was in the neighborhood, but I ran into Williem.. told me to come over for the track's grand re-opening later this afternoon."

She then frowned, as she hits him with a realization..

Candy: "He also told me about your problems, Adachi-san."

Isamu: "That much he can't not blabber about? I'll be square with you, Candy-kun. But not like this. Hop in."

later 4.jpg

Now with a passenger in tow, Adachi takes his car around the yet to be opened track.

full

Inside a tuned Hakosuka, Candy's opinion shows with a glee on her face as she lays comfortable on the custom sports seating..

Candy: "How nice.. this is the first time I came in your Hakosuka, Adachi-san.. All these custom gauges and carbon fibre bits.. I don't think the whine of a turbo is normal here!"

Isamu: "The better I chase down my foes in Gunma with, my dear. Forgive me if you feel strange.. although I'm sure you're not allergic to Shin-chan. He's not here though, I figure you know why?"

Candy: "Family emotional support. It's been mentioned once; you don't have to say it again."

Isamu: "Your memory works out.. still, I'm due his presence in the future, though. But you can see through me."

Candy: "You, not being your cheeky hot headed self, is a big red flag."

He's not fully in comfort with this confrontation, but at least humble enough to reveal, as he then unfurls..

Isamu: "Well, let's take it out: It's about my role within The List. My safety net from the Assassin's Guild."

Candy: "Ooohh.. I've never seen it that way."

Isamu: "What you see as a great opportunity is what I call a means to survive, Candy-kun. That much I can handle by myself. The trouble that compounds my.. lesser personage is that.. well, it came to me that Angelos is in grave danger."

Candy: "He is? Well.. umm.. how is he? I mean.. sorry, grave danger. I meant to ask well.. how'd you do it?"

Isamu: "We've been sending each other encrypted messages. Detail this further, and it might challenge your intelligence."

full

Not content with those words, Candy started to sulk.

Candy: "Oh bite me."

Isamu: "Well, you're not.. umm, sisterly. Who on the roster could that be.. but you know what: I don't care who you are. It's strange to say.. I feel better talking about it."

Candy: "Maybe instead of me, you can directly talk to some of your fellow List people. Let me suggest.. I know he's an ass, but Sonny Meng's a good listener."

He chuckled for a moment, but understood she means no harm.. or so he thought.

The one armed bandit then argued back..

Isamu: "You seem to have that idea that he's the one man that got me into this whole gathering."

Candy: "Honestly, it was a shot at the dark. I've been thinking about your robot arm, Adachi-san. Does he even.."

Isamu: "From people we've been exposed to.. nobody else but you and Angelos has this knowledge. I don't think it's relevant."

Candy: "Keep the idea of them finding out in mind; somebody's bound to notice."

Taking that into suggestion, he announces an opinion as he keeps driving.

Isamu: "Very well. I'd thank you properly for your advice, but as your superior in age.. I don't think you deserve that."

full

Candy: "As[BLEEP]e! How dare you!"

It's the Adachi we now know and love, but as a result, his short statured passenger gets her blood heated up.

Isamu: "Hahahah! Easy there, fido. You like to jump to conclusions, huh? What a run of the mill bitch! HAHAHAHAA!"

Candy: "[Stick to the mission, we almost got him feeling better..] I.. umm.. won't hurt you! I just want your moping crybaby self back already."

Isamu: "Oh good God. Forgive me, but there's just no way I'm going to take that with a full face! You deceitful little rat!"

Putting the flow of his speech to his side, Candy turned to desperate measures, as she reports..

Candy: "Ohh.. ughh.. wait till I tell Lulu!"

Isamu: "Go on, tell on her! Like that's going to do anything!"

She kept her silence: a hint that she surrendered, as he wanted.

At this position, it allowed him to abuse his comfortable zone, announcing..

Isamu: "Heh heh.. what'd I say? No hard feelings, I hope? By the way, you don't deserve a thank you as is.. because how about you have a run in my car for a change?"

Candy: "Now that's a reward. Gimme gimme.."

However, in his snide mind, a taunt was coming..

Isamu: "But since you lashed out on me, that's going to be a no. Shin-chan would agree with me.."

Candy: "HEY!"

The last nerve snapped, Candy lunged ahead, and..

full

Stuck in a rather tangled position behind his racing seat belts, Isamu finds himself stuck, and at the mercy of the little lady.

Isamu: "WEKK!! Alright, alright! You win! (Where'd she learn a dual hand lock like that from the side seat?!!)"

Candy: "A pleasure."

Gladly announced Candy as she wipess her palms.

The sun's light beckons the mountain regions as Candy takes a few pictures of the area.

full

Observing her many photos on her smartphone, she comments..

Candy: "Oh, they said right: if not the road, then this vista of a track is staggeringly beautiful.. now if I can bring Daphne here, we can make a killing!"

Walking back to the car, she readies herself for a drive as the owner fills up the gas.

full

Waiting in the car, Isamu then enters from the passenger side, and settles in, as Candy then joyfully speaks up..

Candy: "Okay, Adachi-san. I'm ready. Time to see what it's made of."

Isamu: "Don't hurt him, Candy-kun. The wolf bites. Or rather.. if you're willing to call it.. that name."

Candy: "What? Wait.."

He struggles to take it out as he then proclaims a name..

Isamu: "Ugh.. Boxzilla."

Candy: "Annoying. That's what that pompous ass Sonny calls your car."

Isamu: "We both know the main insult comes to the fact the Hakosuka's not a Godzilla, so he's obviously trying to play me for a fool or something. But I give him credit. Yeahh.. even if it is minimal."

Turning the wheel about and adjusting the chair later, Candy sees the sights of one monster tuned Hakosuka ready to strike.

That idea then came by her, as she queried..

Candy: "Oh, well.. this car's not fooling anyone if you want a sleeper. Did J.J touch this car?"

Isamu: "No. It was too late for him. The forces within are more.. divine. There's a mystical gathering of shrines in Gunma that gave this car its blessings of high octane speed."

Candy: "If that's a fancy way to say you ran it through various tuning firms, I'm not buying it."

Isamu: "No, seriously! It is born on the mountain, smited by the Gods of the mountain.. no relevance to Peigi-kun."

Changing gear, the car now lets off, as Candy turns straight for the empty track..

full

The car stops once again, as the driver has more to ask..

Candy: "You claim your car is the stuff of legends, yet I've never seen you claim any sort of victory with it."

Isamu: "Ahh, but this is right where I want your doubting self to be at, Candy-kun. Take behind the wheel at a racer's stride. You'll see why I speak so highly."

Candy: "More than your Alphard?"

Isamu: "Why of course! The difference is day and night on that one. But I've had.. umm.. Boxzilla.. for a much longer phase."

Cheekily, she replied..

Candy: "Aww, see? He's warming up to it."

Isamu: "Wow, you can be insufferable as I am.. perhaps we can combine our forces! They won't know what hit them! "

Candy: "Uhmm.. I'll pass.. even two of us can't take on one Lulu's wrath."

Isamu: "Hah! A fair statement. I think we're done here. I wanna see you rock this house!"

Candy: "With pleasure!"

And afterwards, she takes off, feeling the classic hues of a Skyline to the limit.

full

Caught In The Game
Survivor
Caught In The Game

Say hello to the car that would eventually evolve into Godzilla. I'd say it's humble beginnings, but details and the drive on the whole puts humble to a whole new level.

full

You know if there's something to begin, I came in this car with a mindset similar to driving that of a Ford Lotus Cortina: it's a light peppy sedan with no power, but still a lot to show for. Initially, I find myself quite misled with eventual findings that the Hakosuka is a monster on its own. Now, if only if it's more commonplace for it to show up on Goodwood proper like said Cortina..

There's a lot that's not the same, and the first would be the handling. The Hakosuka, however it got this psychic foretelling of its eventual legacy of slaying supercars, feels properly weighted to take around a bend. Makes sense since the early days of this car is made for luxury, probably to say if a grand tourer but downscaled. Yet, said downscale collects in the form of the pace, the sluggish effect of taking a turn, and also the loss of rear grip. Must be the height, you ask, but putting power with your wheel turned real hard is going to let your rear loose. But how, you ask? Well, it makes sense if we take the obvious tall car, and put in the not so obvious soft springs, the race car sourced powerplant and the thin 70s era rubber. It's giving you the hint: it's trying to go past the limits that's sourced by a profile akin to a kindergardner drawn slab of i-ma-gi-na-tion.

You think oversteer's the problem? Well, if you put your foot down funny, or forget to change gears, the surprise buttse-I mean understeer is bound to pop up. This I will attribute to the car's 55-45 weight ratio. I think in some way, that high power oversteer's a blessing, yes? With this, you can also deduce the want to engine brake and throttle bounce your way around a corner when you can. The latter however can bite you if you don't do it right, so get some practice down with it beforehand.

full

Now with this one two punch combo, you're also wondering about what can you do with this oversteer. Not much, to be honest. A drift's out of the question, because unless you know what you're doing, it's not really able to stay. And should you read the mind of some.. guy who can beat you by inserting the PS1 controller to the adjacent controller port, there's a lot more you have to do to get this thing properly sideways to score points. It does mean that you're most likely not going to intentionally get this car to lose control, which is good. I mean, this is a challenging machine; one in the region I safely say isn't for beginners, but what can you expect from a performant car of this era?

Perhaps we should get out of handling. Now, the car carries a manual 5-speed that needs little introduction. There isn't any caution required quirks or unwanted behavior that came from dangerous driver cars. You know, like the Miura. Similarly, they share a good strength these older cars have in regards to PP: the building of power is not only marginally more satisfying, it's wild enough to give you that anticipation to shift up. Speaking of which, while the powerband shows a drop of power if you let it rev all the way, using the in game shift lights is fine when used normally. There's also that incident on Goodwood where I ran softer rear tires for a very tiny PP advantage, but it ended up getting lap times marginally ahead of the pack. That or I'm THAT good in Goodwood, and man that's just wishful thinking.

Another nice little observation is the braking. It's old smooth drum brakes, yes, but it's enough to be used to stop the car at the driver's request, and at this power level: it's really good. I should preface and say they're a monstrous set of some incredible stopping power. Now let me read your mind.. yes, there's a big but here though..

full

The Hakosuka is actually an excellent, friendly little classic car that wants to be free.. but unless you know what you're up to, you should adhere to what its meant to be. Honest. So all in all, it's like a.. a mantis! It's small, but packs a punch towards those in its weight class. The joy of putting this around against its contemporaries is something you really should feel. It'll make you feel like you are going to be a boss.

Anyone bored? Count how many times I made a reference to Psycho Mantis in this whole analysis. I know it's not perfect, but I really am going to keep writing this way unless you wanna say something about it, after all. I am making dividends in how you all are making fun of my psychic powers.

Thats so SPD? Yup, that's me!

Lap after lap, the sense of time is lost upon these two.

full

The one armed bandit then realized, after a quick survey outside, that he's to announce..

Isamu: "Hah! I've enjoyed your company, Candy-kun. If I didn't love my Hakosuka so much, I might have a potential buyer.."

Candy: "No, don't even THINK about it. Though.. you don't need a robot arm handling a classic Skyline to make me smile, oh.. this Boxzilla, you.. I wonder if there's anyone watching this show?"

Isamu: "Why don't you see?"

And a quick look later..

full

Candy: "Crowds are starting to gather.."

Isamu: "And perhaps is the roster for today's welcoming party. Shame you're not apart of it."

Candy: "No big deal, Adachi-san."

Isamu: "Well.. The List begins its invasion to the European street scene today. I wonder if we can be so fortunate? Ohh, I have a feeling I might have SOME use of you yet again.."

Candy: "And you better explain that to me before I bring this to a screeching halt, Adachi-san."

Isamu: "Well, it's nothing special. Keep it up, Candy-kun. I'm glad to see my car in your hands making music in these mountains."

If the mission is to get his spirits back to normal, Candy thought: the mission is completed, and how? It's not mentioned however if she wants it to be storied.. or called boss.

full

Relaxing under one of the racer's tents, Candy, sitting comfortably on a couch, then announces..

Candy: "Okay, Sam.. let her rip!"

From behind, the secretary from hell readies for a roundhouse kick, glaring creepily through her glasses' shine..

A quick twirl follows, and her leg squeezes and latches onto her target's neck..

Samantha: "How is THIS?!"

She shouts, but as Candy readies to panic.. she reassures briefly, putting aside her panic with this manuever.

Candy: "Waaahh! That.. is nice!"

Not holding on too hard, Samantha then receives a 20 euro bill from her target as she flexes her leg with care.

Samantha: "Cheers. Killer legs don't just mean they're made to kill, eh? Perhaps I need to make note of this.."

Candy: "Ahhh.. well, you ever had that.. happen?"

The tent however wasn't left alone, as the rest of The Big 3 make their entrance.

The redhead up front then announced with a coy tone..

The Cinderella: "Check it, Bonny Boy! Your GF's getting choked!"

Unimpressed, the man replies..

Boniface: "I see what game you're playing, Madame. Don't even think about it."

Cierra: "H-hihi.. get wrecked."

The Cinderella: "Bollocks."

The other two men left make their presence..

J.J: "Oh, how bizarre! Milord, do you ever get this kind of service?? Or.."

Lysander V: "From her log legs, oh heavens no. It's the first I've put my eyes on such actions."

Candy, done with her new idea of not weaponizing Samantha's dangerous legs, greets them as she gets off her chair.

Candy: "J.J.. and.. well, I didn't expect you to be around, Your Grace."

Lysander V: "When Sam told me we're having a classic car showdown on Eiger's grand re-opening ceremony, it'd be hard for me to refuse!"

Samantha: "Oh, Sander. Giles was going to be here too, you know. We appreciate you coming over last second in his stead."

Lysander V: "Poppycock! It's no worry at all, Sam. Might I wonder.. how much she paying you for this massage work?"

Samantha: "Round 20 quid for 10 minutes. Might bump it up to someone of your caliber, milord."

Lysander V: "Bet you our princess will want her money back."

The lone amnesiac however has more than enough sense she's being talked about, as she rapidly asserts..

The Cinderella: "Oi! That's an insult, ain't it?"

Cierra: "Haha.."

Boniface: "Maybe you should give it a go, princess. Find out yourself?"

The Cinderella: "Oh bloody fantastic, call yourselves the cavalry, that's not what you lot's about."

The little racer takes her time peeking out, then turns to ask..

Candy: "So, I think I have an idea what kind of classic car's on the track from you guys. Except.. J.J?"

J.J: "Ohh hammer! That'll be the EG, Frau Candy. It's gotten me quite a reputation in Sunday Cup thanks to Hokkaido. Now it's due a test in handling with the old school bunch.. POSE!"

Trying to get an idea on what she thinks, Boniface follows up.

Boniface: "I'm afraid the R5 isn't here in such short notice for you, ma cherie."

Candy: "Don't be sorry, darling. I can always call up Leo if I need a classic car bought, don't feel too bad about it."

And to follow that up, the princess speaks..

The Cinderella: "I rather you get on it soon, sweet stuff. You want another run against the Z432, I bet!"

Candy: "Ohh, so tempting, aren't you, princess? We'll see how the future holds for that."

And to follow that up again, the British lord then wonders..

Lysander V: "Perchance I must ask, dame Candy: might I wonder the kind of vehicle you might seek out in this regard?"

Candy: "Umm.. honestly, I can't say."

And before J.J could follow up, Candy announces, hastily..

Candy: "Before you give me suggestions, just don't, okay? I'll do what I want with my credits."

Though, she then wonders as they begin to get about under the tent..

Candy: "So, I only see the lackeys today.. where are the big wigs?"

One by one, she gets her answer..

Cierra: "Sim Gear's still r-recording their newest special... I think?"

Samantha: "Giles has a rather important meeting in regards to funding expansions.. one I shall not detail."

J.J: "The Princess is expected, but I can guess she got lost and perhaps is racing up another mountain."

..though that last one did catch quite a bunch of them off guard.

Lysander V: "Dear God."

Cierra: "S-silly Peggy!"

J.J: "I know her that well. Guess it's the mountain without the God herself. Or was it himself?"

Candy: "Ever raced on Eiger, J.J?"

J.J: "There was a time, but well, the roads were closed just as I was getting to bringing the Princess over. It remained that way for quite some time, actually!"

Candy: "So.. it's a mountain you haven't blazed through?"

J.J: "Not yet, kehehe. "

While there's no bad blood at all with Cierra's return clearing all doubt, Samantha wanted Candy gone from the scene, and has the words for it at least as she approached.

Samantha: "So, now that we're here and ready, go and be a dear. Head to the List and tell them we've chosen our guy."

Candy: "Gee, I wonder who?"

Samantha: "Straight to the point, eh? By my calculations and analyses.. I let Jovan take the lead for us. Don't dilly dally now, get to it!"

J.J: "Time for a throwback of sorts, Frau. I hope you're prepared, darling."

Candy: "Okay, okay-HEY!"

Cierra, in a rush, pushes Candy out, then exclaims..

Cierra:
"BYE CANDY!"

..followed by a quick covering of her mouth..

Cierra: "Ulp!"

As she stumbles out to the cold air, she can't be angry to her good socially awkward friend, as she turns back..

Candy: "Volume! Umm.. goodbye to you too, Cierra."

meanwhile.png

Knowing that The List also set up camp in one of the racer's tents, Candy wandered through to find another bunch of classic cars.

full

Candy: "To The List now.. in comes a roster of colorful nationalities and more importantly.. cars."

A quick review of what's around has her silently comment to herself..

Candy: "Nirvana's Countach, Lena's Batmobile.. and what's this? An Alpine A110? French plates, but.. it's got a hint of Mexico on it, for some reason. I wonder who's is it?"

full

Unable to get a clue, she then notices a man inside taking a nap..

Candy: "There's a sleeping bear inside, and I see.. Barrington?"

Seeing he's deep in sleep, and a snore so loud it pierces past the car's lightweight shell, she decides to look about for someone else, only that..

Candy: "Humm.. no robotic sounds, no presence of ice, no taxi car stench, no tobacco, and no random theme song.."

Without a lead, she takes a wild guess..

Candy: "Maybe I can summon The Guts.. nah, Sim Gear recording. Probably busy. Hmm..."

Knowing his serious aura, Candy has to double think about her next move, as she takes her smartphone out..

Candy: "This is his number.."

And just before she could even type a whole message in, a shadow from behind raises..

Murph: "Afraid the boss be out of town, darling."

Startled, she turned, only to see the man inside awakened, and feeling fresh.

With a quick stretch, he cracks his bones, only for Candy to start the conversation..

Candy: "Oh, Murph.. I knew I should've disturbed you. The dark one won't like it if I use his contact.."

Murph: "No worries, love. Assume you be here to tell us.. them Big 3 folk's ready to tussle?"

Candy: "You all still playing by the rules?"

Murph: "Home advantage, we give it to them. The boss might be a ruthless justiciar and all, but it don't mean he's going to cheat or anything. It be against his blood, ay."

Candy: "Yeah, considering he's real popular with.. I guess half of the Big 3's upper echelon.."

Murph: "Ay, ay.."

Murph however had another thought..

Murph: "You know Sam.. I mean Mister Adachi.. he's been looking up for you."

Candy: "Well, you can tell him I'm not really in a patient mood if he is."

Murph: "Right, right. Told me your input's got him inspired in some form. Least around here's got some race shops open. Euro hillclimb teams and all."

Candy: "Peculiar."

The crezy man, with his hand to his chin, then declares..

Murph: "Tell you what.. gang's right inside having a nibble. Go right on in and say hi."

As Candy liked the idea of food, she didn't quite like the idea that the wind is sharing Bohemian Like You on the side for some undisclosed reason.

Candy: "Just the thing I don't want to do.. but ohh he's the designated leader, isn't he?"

Without any reason against, Murph then nods, putting Candy into a deeper sour mood.

Candy: "Great.. I'll see you at the race."

As Candy leaves the cars and into a more better arranged tent, she sees a pair of The List having breakfast.

The ice queen Lena is one of them, as she announces.

Lena: "She is here."

Sonny: "Okay, okay.. three, two, one.."

Candy was none the wiser, and attacked without hesitation.

Candy: "Okay, you newly muscular wise ass. The shorter I'm here, the better. The Big 3 is ready and they're nominating J.J. to start us off. Now you better say the words.."

Sonny: "Of course, sis. It's Adachi. He's in much better spirits thanks to your intervention earlier today. And he's eager to show us Boxzilla's stuff."

Candy: "Thank goodness for great communication."

Lena: "Not so fast, little konfekta."

Candy: "Didn't I just sa-"

The finishing of her sentence however was interrupted by a small plate carrying some delectable desserts awaiting her.

Candy: "M-macarons?!"

And the two that set her up then followed their script..

Lena: "[playful tone] Ukh ty, she has spotted the food."

Sonny: "[playful tone] Umm, yeah! Bad ass! But it's a shame she's in such a hurry, lor."

There were two Candys battling it out for control of the situation, but the one that said to accept the food won by a landslide.

She, with a hint of hesitation, then announced.

Candy: "You know what, maybe just one little bite."

Sonny: "Little bite? That's insulting. I bought them just for the occassion someone with a sweet tooth needs some sugar to get our contest started.."

Candy: "This is a plot to get all the fat to my thighs and explode, isn't it?!"

Now past sweet snacktime, Candy heads out to a meeting spot by the trainyard.

She then notices she's in the right place..

full

And the two men of Mythic in this whole contest wave hello, as she then probed further..

Candy: "So, you want a coin toss to decide who's on the front, and you do it.."

Boniface: "With a one lap time attack. Think of it as qualifying. To us, it's a show of who has the better car. Or rather.. if you're a barbarian, yes I would also agree it's more fun that way."

Sonny: "And you put chance out of this, lor."

Candy: "My more pressing concern is.. why me?"

Sonny: "Adachi told me you got a knack for the track on the whole. You're like.. 2 seconds ahead of him, even if it is your first run here. Babe, you're gifted lah. Might as well use it."

Disbelief followed Candy's words as she claimed..

Candy: "I can't be.. 2 seconds ahead of a Gunma legend!"

Sonny: "That's inconceivable, says Candy baby, but you did catch him out of a slump, so whatever pep talk you gave him might change that."

Candy: "Well, now I know he owes me. Somewhat. But speaking of owe.. you know I don't work for free.."

Sonny: "If the macarons aren't enough, how's a whole box of them? Bon, let her rip!"

Boniface: "Oh, I know someone who can handle shipping.. in well sealed containers.."

A whole supply of those French based macarons however was the perfect bargaining chip for her, as she surrendered to her whims once again..

Candy: "No. Stop. Enough. I'll do it! So.. which car first.."

Boniface: "She forgets.. Home advantage, ma cherie."

eleven minutes later.jpg

Settled in the EG like back in Week 61, Candy however has Eiger in her head, and not the darling circuit all the way in Hokkaido.

full

However, after leaving the pit lane, a new sound spools in from its front..

Candy: "Now that's a big turbo! What other extra knick knacks did our bizarre friend put in, little EG?"

Freedom To Win
Mayumi Chiwaki (feat. LUKA)
Gran Turismo: The Real Driving Simulator - Rock Arrange

And the hot lap begins!

full

Swiftly gripping through sector 1..

full

Flying past the vista placed in sector 2..

full

Weaving without issue in sector 3..

full

And across the line!

full

Awaiting aside are two individuals, one with a stopwatch handy.

Samantha: "How's the time, Frenchman?"

Boniface: "1:06.5"

Writing more notes on her paperback, Samantha further adds towards their representative..

Samantha: "Golly, I wasn't sure what to expect, but J.J delivers. Think we've sealed the advantage?"

Boniface: "I'm not so sure about that, madame."

Checking a social media entry in the pit lane slash cave, a fan records Candy hopping straight out of the EG, and not wasting time in getting into the Hakosuka.

After a few revs of the Prince engine, it drives away instantly.

Samantha: "Blimey, she sure is someone else. If I have to cross reference my notes on her, I say she's on a sugar rush.."

Boniface: "Someone else? Non non non. I'll tell you that grey haired little Asian is my girlfriend, madame. It'll take more than just macarons that'll get her like that."

And as they look out to the track once again...

full

Boniface, now alone, watches in excitement, though keeping his composure.

Boniface: "Honestly.. while a more brutish car, I say she seems more of a natural in that Skyline."

And sugar rushed Candy too has some words.

Candy: "Round 2, but no holding back.. One swan song for me handling Boxzilla, coming up!"

Green Monster
Masahiro Andoh
Gran Turismo: The Real Driving Simulator Soundtrack

Past the line, Boniface clocks in and begins the count..

full

I said no to taking this car away from its limits, right? But oh well, it's tuner's time. A car with this pace means you're definitely going to use this section to get you up to speed with the car's prospective rivals. I mean there's not much of whatever in this region that can attain 600 PP with Sports Hards. It might be just barely edging it, but it's a possibility without any swaps, which leads me to..

full

Now, this isn't the recent NFS entries, so you're definitely not getting a top tier racer when swapping engines. That said, here in GT Land, the option isn't 'no sir', because the game's sensible enough to say if you're swapping engines, you're swapping out fair play. If you do need a push into the wrong dimension, you can bring in the Skyline Super Silhouette's beating heart into the Hakosuka.. though I'm not confident coming out of that 5 minute in and out journey unscathed with wounds sourced from regret.

So what's Johnny on The Spot going to say about the Hakosuka? Well, it's a low powered car, right? So naturally, anyone who wants to bring this to lobbies has to kick it up a notch. This is like leaving the controller in the P1 port on the Mantis boss battle: you're going to die.

To preface, putting the PP up that's not tires is more incidents waiting to happen. Like treating Metal Gear Solid like an action shooter.

full

Actually, let's keep the theme. I hope you're well spoiled into one of my childhood games that is the original Metal Gear Solid.

Things like.. not using chaff grenades against the tank.
Not heeding Naomi's warning about using weapons in the nuclear warhead storage building.
Not wearing the gas mask on B2.
Not relying on your fists versus the ninja.
What I said about keeping controller on port 1 on the regular analysis.
Using easy to detect turbo mashing on the torture scene.
Trying to run through the Snowfield boss fight.
Not heeding Ocelot's bomb planted in your inventory.
Not shooting REX's raydome.

You know, the game was released in the late 90s, right? When games were just little distractions and not a serious form of media. Look what came breaking that mold, eh?

Let's get back to the point: the Hakosuka is one of the first cars I've ever tried to tune in Gran Turismo 7, and all the physics updates the game came through makes this work easier, and easier. I still suffer with the Miura on this despite all that, and while this isn't the Miura, the improvements of the physics don't help it that much that any old tune will work. This car's going to take more than just the general hardening of the springs like I usually say.

Stopping by GT Auto is the first step. Aesthetically, I hate widening the body of any car most of the time, and the Hakosuka lands in this exception. It's not the Rocket Bunny, but there's a charm I cannot seem to describe seeing this car's whole tire profile take a diet on opposite day. It's beautiful, even when it shouldn't be. However, it's not that what I'm here for. Insert Giancarlo Esposito meme with his wearing a tie here.

full

In fact, putting all kinds of aero is sort of mandatory to get this car up to speed with minimal risk whilst in PP ranges above 500. And unless you put on the customizable wing set, there's no way you can get this aesthetic wrong. While you're at it, rollcage and a widened custom wheelset can come in handy to battle the oversteer. With all this, you've a nice 70's box shaped canvas prepared to see how much you're willing to pump all your creativity into. I'm not gonna stop you doing your thing, but the rule with any tuned Hakosuka is to please be gentle with it.

With a bevy of options, you can bring your Hakosuka up to 400 horsepower carrying less than a ton. Now while it's appealing, it's important that you're getting here with pushing that old Prince engine the furthest it could, along with the what its future Godzilla successors all get: a turbo. The choice of turbo here actually appeals to me, because it does what it says it does: activates during a certain RPM range without much to disturb the general powerband. I'm a sucker for this car's low RPM, of course, but you go for what you're comfortable with. For low power purposes, none's a perfectly fine choice too. In fact, it's better if you don't need the power, or don't got the throttle discipline on check.

And now with the understeer. Since it's come in the form of the turning and during the turning, you want spring rate on the rear be higher than the front, as well as the damping ratios. But this all comes down to how much aero, and the presence of wide profile tires on the car. You can go wilder if your rear downforce is higher, of course. Though, since we might as well take on turning grip, consider your spring balance to be in the ranges of equal.

If you've put every irreversible engine upgrade on, you being able to control the Hakosuka then would be quite the myth. Thus we head to the differential. Now, you want everything restricted down to 5, and gradually work the acceleration up in increments of your own leisure until you found that sweet spot, like sticking tha-okay, SPD, no condom based metaphors. If you still have that GT Auto work on, you can keep the deceleration to a rather meager amount. Like around 20, at least. Else, around 30 might work for you, especially with the amount of hardening the rear springs is getting.

full

I don't have much else to say. A car like this is no stranger to having every little non-power addition on to keep up with modern sports cars. And if not, do note it doesn't have any major issues when stock. Don't be like me and predict that this is fine: just put on any extra on racing.

And it's lengthy, but simple. Simple, but also warrants mention of being careful, or you're going to get yourself packing to the morgue. Realistically in game, I mean.

However, unlike in the EG6, Candy finds a spot of inspiration in the Hakosuka, clarifying alone..

Candy: "You know what.. quicker or not, I'm inspired to a degree.."

full

As Boniface times the car's arrival, Nirvana walks in, with her usual stench of tobacco at the ready.

Nirvana: "We have a time?"

Boniface: "1:06.. point three."

She smiled her dark and shady grin as she bragged on..

Nirvana: "Fufufu. Tough luck to you. Nirvana will spread the news."

two hours later.jpg

full

With an FIA officiated race car testing the venue one more time, those participating in this revival of the Historic Sports Car Masters ready themselves for a showdown up high into the peaks of Switzerland.

Candy though, while already done her work, finds herself pressured sitting behind a small podium occupied by Eifel's cool cat Williem, speaking to a crowd of tourists and racing fans alike.

Candy: "Wave and smile, wave and smile.."

She nervously repeats, but an arriving Lucia knows this isn't going to be the script to the end, as she asks in concern..

Lucia: "What's wrong, Frau? Aren't you familiar with being in the spotlight?"

Candy: "I am.. just.. not comfortable with it. Any podium finish celebrations I come by, I do want it done as quick as possible!"

Usually it's Candy giving the advice, but Lucia, knowing she's crashing from that sugar rush earlier, knows it's her turn, starting off with..

Lucia: "Do you know it takes a few nights with Sonny Meng to help me clear that? Do you want to follow suit? Having a time with Sonny Meng, that schweinhund?"

It was bad advice, but strangely effective, as Candy stands to realize..

Candy: "Yikes! No way! No siree! How are you even.."

Lucia continues, but looking at another angle to help compound the idea..

Lucia: "Remember Sophia's old sweetheart Bernardo.. my husband? He is one of his best friends, after all. Und to say he's earned his fist shaped wounds all over his marvelous body is.. putting it rather lightly."

Candy: "I'm not going to cope like that!"

As the little racer began to open further, Williem came back as the tourist board began to speak to the crowd.

Williem: "Ahh, junge damen. I haven't made a speech like that in a while. Eiger Nordwand has been quite a sentimental location for myself.. if not the Nordschliefe, of course."

Lucia: "Will, should Mann Bernardo be here, I can't get any more pleased."

Williem: "True. I miss mein schwager: that clown of an in-law. Well, I left the last thing to do for you, fraulein."

Candy: "Ugh, I'm not giving a speech."

She hates being upfront too, he realized, but he wasn't surprised, as he piles up some words to share..

Williem: "I know. I know. Herr Ross has detailed your hatred of this to me to me. Let's get up und start the first entry of what Boniface declares as the Historic Sports Car Masters."

Candy: "That Bon. He should've, but.. actually I should've realized when he revived Sunday Cup.."

Lucia: "He's like that: always deciding on his own efforts alone. No worries, Candy. Though.. I hope you have something to allow yourself to come contend in this."

Remembering Lucia's AE86, and Cierra's Coronet in action later, Candy knew she had to come in, and an idea hatched on how she plans to go with it.

Candy: "That I do. A quick call to Lyle is my next agenda for that."

The lone man in the scene then saw her motivations shoot up again, realizing it's time..

Williem: "Alright, frauleins. Let's start us a race."

Lucia: "Right behind you, Candy. We back you up, ja?"

A more confident Candy though then asserted however..

Candy: "Thanks. But I have the words for this moment. Stay back."

She left her comfort zone and went straight to the podium.

And while she's not ready for a long talk, she however did have the words..

Candy: "As one of the special guests of honour.. it's my privlege to say.. LADIES AND GENTLEMEN: START YOUR ENGINES."

With that signal, the track staff began to ready themselves for a race of the old in the new age of Eiger Nordwand.

full

As the long 15 lap contest began, various cars in this unknowingly team race start to show their luster.

full

But the one car that shone the brightest was the Gunma legend. The man formerly known as Raiko, now known as the Oni, as he flies past them all with thanks to a pole position start..

full

And a face that knows he's wanted.. taken of course in more than one way.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the whole, there's no mistaking that my answer is a resound Sleeper. Not a Top one as, say.. if the Ford Lotus Cortina actually makes it to Gran Turismo.

To think the all mighty GT-R name would be birthed from putting a downsized race engine inside a luxurious compact sedan, and all Nissan did was make it work. And thank goodness they did.

It can't hide the fact that it's got the spirit of Nissan's RWD sedans that culminate into the Silvia, even though it didn't quite get a gist of that at all. If you thought the idea of Nissan taking over Prince Motorsports was a poor idea, with this car, I'll have to call your bul[BLEEP] on that.

A fun car that really brings out your inner psycho on how much fun you're having, and also makes it easy for you to read its mind.. something most other classic cars don't have the luxury to give.

Just like how you can count the references to Psycho Mantis, you can probably be able to count how many cuts I've made on this whole writeup. Let's see.. the whole 5 lap race is one, Peigi making an appearance, the debacle that happened in Deep Forest is another cut.

Now to the elephant in the room. You might be thinking.. SPD, you actually made a complete reference to THAT scene of the Full Metal Alchemist anime?

Umm, expect the unexpected truly is the whole complex thought behind that idea. I created the whole Quinlan Bradley AKA the human form of Rambo Lambo just for her to be involved in that kind of crap, but here we are.

The memo was loud and clear on the fact Eiger Nordwand was the focus of the episode. Y'know, Boxzilla has been around ever since I've played NFS Heat when it first came out, and eventually became one of my more recent named cars. Though, with the likes of Pinky, Night Moves and THE BEAST already nominated, the next ones I can think of are Nemesis, and The Car With No Name. That latter car is going to be my next nominee, so if you know what that is, it'll be the end of Future SPD in terms of how composed can he be.

Also, thanks to J.J.'s EG6 back for another round, FREEDOM TO WIN ROCK ARRANGE IS BACKK! Man, I love this song.

As the main character, Candy Lam is bound to appear in every segment, be it either as the lead role, or as a small mention.

The infamous Sweet Toothed Lone Wolf of Asia, or known worldwide as Le Glace Pacer. While her social presence is significantly poor, her presence on the track hasn't been short of perfection, now under the pressures of being a monetary source of higher powers, as well as her role being the most prime form of woman racers.. But don't let her hear that.

Theme Song: Def Leppard - Bad Actress
Racing Duel Music: Def Leppard - Nine Lives
Nationality: Hong Kongese
Current occupation: Professional racecar driver
Distinct features: Long, clean, straight ashen hair tied to a ponytail via traditional red braids. A stiff, stoic Asian beauty that starts to show sign of wrinkling, covered by heavy layers of makeup. Thin, rounded diamond face, with various beauty signs of it being worked on unnaturally, especially her unblemished small snub nose, heavily lipsticked mouth and thin brown Asian eyes. Short body with small proportions.
Choice of clothing: Typical modern glossy sleveless Hong Kong dress, but 90% she will have her favorite on, that's in blood red with a white bauhinia pattern on, with matching sandals. Most of her clothes and themes come in red or white.
Cars: Toyota GR Yaris 1st Edition RZ "High Performance", MINI Cooper S, Honda NSX Type R '02, Mazda Demio XD Touring

Even though she's a proud Hong Kongese, Candy is actually born in high society Tokyo, and more exposed to living in a usual Japanese lifestyle. An only child, it was easy to find herself spoiled rotten from a young age, getting what she wants and not caring how it got there, thanks to wealth she inherits strongly. Her father notably was an executive in Toyota's racing division.

A target in her younger ages, Candy's early life was full of trouble from others that are against her being a Hong Kong native in Japan. She never made any friends as a result, and this loner habit of hers remained even after changing schools, going so far to even give her a new alias. While her parents have a strong standing in the society she lived in, she remained in their shadow, because she couldn't find comfort out of it.

Upon reaching her adult days, Candy's first 'milestone' would come when an incident in a high class event caused her to run, leading to a manic police car chase spanning several weeks before she was arrested. The victim of these events would have deep ties with various Yakuza families. While her parents retreated to Hong Kong, Candy stayed in Japanese prison, learning that if nothing needs to come her way, she needs to learn something she initially dreaded to do: manipulate the human mind, a state of thought she was once a victim of.

After her sentence, she regained her freedom, and it didn't take long that was noticed by the city's largest street racing community. Still with her inherited wealth, she started off strong in the streets. Years then pass, in which she eventually proves herself as a top competitor for racing in many top endurance races worldwide.

While her fans are out there in many parts around for being a woman dominating a man's sport, she's not exactly a great social interactor, and is a nobody outside the racing community. With many questions still left unanswered, maybe there are more ulterior motives with the unsanctioned blue MINI project..

A charming, yet somewhat semi-careless Italian maiden of race team management. Eager to help other people's problems, Sophia is highly sought for any racing team, if a bit picky or exclusive. Was the only person on Earth that can represent a certain tamed racing animal as his ambassador, but now yearns to represent all she can.

Theme Song: Velvet Revolver - Sucker Train Blues
Nationality: Italian
Current occupation: Race team manager
Distinct features: Medium, bunned up combed black hair with a bright turquoise ribbon. Thin diamond face with narrow green eyes, a petite ridged nose and mouth. Never without her signature round large eyeglasses. Average height with thin build.
Choice of clothing: You'll never see her without her ornamental bangles, a formal blouse and matching skirt. Always with a blue to turquoise theme.
Cars: Alfa Romeo 4C Gr. 3 Road Car

Being the sole daughter among her 3 younger brothers of a Milanese entrepreneur, Sophia initially came out as a big sister to inherit the family's riches when the time comes. To ensure this isn't gone to waste, she was raised with extreme care, bred to be the successor of the family money and ensure it grows. As such, she's bound to overwork her soul into getting what is the best for her family's future.

Initially with struggle, Sophia eventually became the ace in her class, achieving various awards in many fields. But what she didn't like was the fact it brought jealousy into the mix from her peers and siblings. She took into her heart that she would rid of this negative thinking, and after exiting school started a small tutoring school. It might seem innocent, but the whole point of that is to develop Sophia's skills to understand other people. Not to mention money due to the high society clientele around that part of Italy.

Before going for her PHD, Sophia's family formed a partnership with a friend to finance an up coming European hillclimbing series all over the continent. It was then she met an old friend she once tutored, now an Interpol agent. But it also allowed Sophia to test her skills in managing a league this large. With a mix of right and wrong, and the latter slowly disappearing, Sophia decided not to pursue her doctorate and instead tutor others in this new passion of racing cars.

Years pass, and she's suddenly under the wing of British car show Sim Gear, representing their tamed racing animal. Sophia's race tutoring carries weight in many top race teams around the world, mainly Asian based Toyota, Mitsubishi and Hyundai. While that bridge has burned, her very much wanted talent still remains..

Bohemian Like You plays

Once part of the greatest street racing crew in the UK, Sonny's now a key player in The List's day to day finances. While these days, he's started a long running racing career, leading to a gigantic bounty of success. This egotistical, proven all around badass comes forward as the most divisive top racing figure in the USA.

Theme Song: Rush - Vapor Trail, The Dandy Warhols - Bohemian Like You
Racing Duel Music: A Silent Truth - Chariot (Daycore)
Nationality: Half Singaporean, half American
Current occupation: As he would state it: a mother[BLEEP]ing racing celebrity
Distinct features: Curled, black medium long hair, always semi-shiny. Handsome, diamond Asian like face and skin tone, with a long stubble combined with a Zappa. Narrow angled grey eyes that shine when he wants to, subtle upturned nose, and hair surrounded mouth. Overcompensating perfect teeth that glares when he wants to. Slightly taller, semi slim build, with mild developed muscle.. also that gleam when he wants to.
Choice of clothing: Usually in biker style clothing, including leather all around with an undershirt.
Cars: Dodge SRT Viper GTS, Chevrolet Camaro Z28, Ferrari 288 GTO, GT By Citroen Road Car

While he might have a Singaporean father, his work as a presidential bodyguard means Sonny's an all American citizen. Birthed in Washington, he moved to California when he was still very young. There, he would meet the eventual leader of The List, and befriend him, being his social contact that would relate with him as that man would darken. On the contrary, Sonny remained as optimistic as he always has been.

But his optimism didn't carry over to his education, where he was often the main culprit of racism as an issue there. It was then he would learn, then utilize his famous mantra of always being one step ahead. By using his birthday gift: a 69 Camaro, he would cause what he would dub as the best graduation day ever: getting just about every nemeses in his school driver license suspensions, while he gets away scot free. Due to this epic win, his egoist side would rise from then onwards, possibly never reaching a ceiling.

It wouldn't stop there. Applying to study in London found itself to be a costly move, and he would bring said Camaro over the Atlantic to begin street racing in those streets just to break even. And past that, UK's top street racing crew known as the Prophecy would take attention, and adopt him as the first ever mentored student, known as a Chosen. Even though Sonny did graduate with middling honours and is ready for adult life, he chose to spend his earnings to chase his hobbies, and to everyone's surprise: it would end up being his life's work, with his unshakeable ego and skill would put him in the podium spot of any racing field he touches.

In addition to his successful racing career, he took on the role as The List's main income source, internally codenamed "Chimera". In recent years, Sonny's momentum has been halted when his mother passed, and now has a mission to find the Mrs. Meng to succeed even further than just his wealth and fame. These days, while he might be the badass he claims, he's also bound to lure in all sorts of trouble, such as the bad luck he's known for among his divisive peers, alongside his, what he dubs: 'favorite hostile secret admirer' in Nirvana.

A definition of the mysterious benefactor to the American dark side, nobody truly knows who, where, what or how this Nirvana person came to be. Aside being one of California's biggest earners within its black market, the only thing people know about her is that you never want to be on her bad side..

Theme Song: Nirvana - All Apologies
Racing Duel Music: Peaches - Boys Wanna Be Her (Tommie Sunshine's Brooklyn Fire Retouch)
Nationality: Unknown, presumably American
Current occupation: Black market information broker
Distinct features: Medium long straight brunette hair, with the left side slightly longer on the front. Broad and tall diamond shaped face, with heavy eyeshadow and deep red lipstick. Wide and narrow green eyes, thick button nose and lip sticked mouth. Eyes always covered with a bespoke pair of sunglasses. Wears a pair of ruby gemmed earrings. Tall, slender figure.
Choice of clothing: Isn't one for a certain clothing style, but her daily go to includes a designer cropped jacket and blouse. Underneath usually is seen with dark, long skinny jeans, with tall leather boots underneath. Never without her prized golden necklace, carrying the iconic Nirvana grunge band smile.
Cars: Lamborghini Diablo GT, Honda Civic Type R (EK), Lamborghini Countach LP400

If there's a dark American secret or two worth knowing, there's a very good chance it either came from, or is already been privy by the mysterious, unusually beautiful chain smoker known as Nirvana. While she's not hiding any association with it, it's unclear why she took up the name of a once popular 90's grunge icon.

Despite being in the game for approximately a decade, Nirvana's role as an information broker has been volatile for involved parties. Regardless of the risk, it's a very fruitful business that allowed her to make up a luxurious, albeit mysterious way of living. Every day passes with her face on at least one association wanting her death, be it from minor greivances or major groups, with rumors saying even involving the darkest organizations within national governments. But by being directly connected to the Assassin's Guild means that threat is non-existant for her. It's strongly rumored she is the one completely external individual with the unstoppable, absolute Trinita L'Assassina on speed dial, as various wealthy crime bosses that had her targeted once had their groups dissolved in a week.

Anyone knows Nirvana is one mysterious figure that probably intentionally overdelivers her speech with speaking in third person, combined with odd lingual skills and backed with an odd accent. While it's obvious she's hiding everything about her, there's no hiding her services mainly being stationed in Los Angeles. There's also no hiding that she likes to drive an old Lamborghini Diablo, and it's seen frequently street racing at night. Her presence often causes the racing at night to be mostly calm, a sign of her connection with the local police.

A worker of secrets, Nirvana also knows how to keep them, and over the years, she begun to even use them for her own benefits. While not exactly the most expensive of secrets, using The Outlaw's identity allows her to blackmail her way into The List, now part of them as code name "Enigma". But running with the self proclaimed fastest crew isn't the goal. She uses it as soon as she found out racing celebrity Sonny Meng serving as the group's backbone, and also being directly related to its leader. To her, Sonny is the one person she deems her nemesis. Nobody but the just as similarly egotistical Nirvana only knows why this grudge came to be.

Known by anyone who's anyone in the Nurburgring racing community, Lucia is known by many as a shining example of a prodigous talent of both the garage and the track. Know even more, and one can find wearing these ridiculously large shoes is a tomboyish short fuse, always ready to blow sky high.

Theme Song: Robbie Williams - Different
Racing Duel Music: Garbage - Control
Nationality: German
Current occupation: Race car driver/team manager/racing mechanic
Distinct features: Blonde, straight shoulder length hair. Thin diamond face with small cheeks and sharp chin. Smooth shaped blue eyes with some thin make up under. Thin, average to tall body height with slender features.
Choice of clothing: Trendy and chic. Whatever she wears, it's always flexible, tight and revealing on her limbs. Common sightings include either a combo of t-shirt, puffy vest and shorts, or a mini dress, all with sandals. Reasoning is that she doesn't have to make drastic changes when needing to get in her mechanic or racer's getup.
Cars: BMW M4 Coupe, Nissan Fairlady Z (Z33), Toyota Corolla LEVIN 1600 Apex (AE86)

Eifel born Lucia was never into the car game as she started off living. With her only sibling: a carefree cool and sporty brother, she came into the family when races around the Nurburgring was already a family tradition. And her family's also carrying deep ties, with a race commentator father, mechanic mother, and her sole uncle living in the family, racing for Porsche. Her relatives were also mostly male, toughening her masculine side unintentionally.

Unlike her brother, Lucia never got into the sport at her teenage days. Being forced fed this ideology initially has her rebel, but eventually develop into her mean streak she still carries today. Having a terrible time growing up, she was bitter, and often quite shy, never showing her face for her family in the times the spotlight came. That all changed as soon when her brother, a fledgling Nurburgring Taxi driver, brought her to a few taxi runs and showed the joys of the car as it reaches the limits. This would be moment she started getting along with her family and their racing traditions, starting with said brother.

Heading to the UK to reinforce her new found interests, she's become involved in the developments of the legendary Group C driver known as The Bristol Harbinger. With his ties still strong in the racing world, Lucia's tutoring and lessons brought her to Toyota for a few years to be a part of their apprentices in racing teams. Diversity wasn't an issue, and she wasn't alone in the female foreigner department. She would then bond with an extremely timid and awkward beret wearing American tuning genius, and a Hong Kongese lady who would eventually become the famous GT racing woman known as Le Glace Pacer.

Before they parted, Lucia promised these two women, them and her now formed a friendship together as Toyota's Tenacious Ternion, that she's going to be as good as they are. Those words these days are harder to reinforce, with troubles keeping pace in the workshop and on the race track. But she's still very young in her career; she knew giving up would let this ternion down, as well as her family and friends who would honestly back her efforts.

An aristocratic, but overall simplistic French gentleman, carrying awards in literature as well as a well versed connoisseur of wine. But his biggest achievement is none of those, but of racing in the GT leagues, most notably being a dominating recurring champion of the Supercar Festival Leagues.

Theme Song: Yes - It Can Happen (Cinema Version)
Racing Duel Music: Yes - Love Will Find A Way
Nationality: French
Current occupation: Race car driver
Distinct features: Clean combed back black hair, with a large white stripe in the center. Baby blue eyes, almost always seem closed. Thin mustache, wide upturned nose and mouth with regular skin tone. Slightly thin build with average height.
Choice of clothing: Fine suits are his wardrobe's modus operandi. Comes in many forms, but his favorite combine a silver slim fit suit vest and matching pants. Expensive accessories from a Rolex watch, fountain pens in his pockets, golden pins of various fancy shapes, and a pinned handcrafted gold trimmed rose (doubles as a hidden knife).
Cars: KTM X-BOW R, Alpine A110 (2017), Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GT Veloce, Maserati MC20

Secretly referred to the as the family's little Bon Bon, Boniface is the last of 3 current generation of the infamous Richelieu of Sainte-Croix-du-Verdon: a family whose wealth surpasses many that of just about anyone in Europe thanks to their stake in developing nuclear products, particularly electrical power and energy developments worldwide. While the middle child handles this business without remorse, and the eldest sister being a very well known bounty hunter for the Assassin's Guild, Boniface himself gets his family name famous in sport, notably in race cars.

Unlike his Paris born sisters, Boniface was born when they've already retreated to Sainte-Croix. But from a young age, he was often sent to the capital to be raised by relatives, schooled in the most lofty of education institutions. As he grew up, he didn't get along with others of his age well, but rather preferred to be among other adults, eventually acting and getting along with them. While his maturity rised, his manners remained sloppy and smug, thus why he usually calls similarly aged persons barbarians, brutes, or whatever synonym he can figure out.

These connections would eventually lead to two of his life's greatest passions. Race car driving, and wine. After high school, he went on to quickly pursue them. Eventually, he would become a famed touring car racer, notably as the sport's purely clean racer with a near perfect clean race record. His interest in wine would lead them to his other life as a wine connoisseur, releasing weekly reviews to his online website. An open learner whose recently graduated with a Major in English Literature, Boniface's current focus is to help his family's financial issues, with its problems stemming from his sister's newly diagnosed complications in her heart.

Thanks to burying the hatchet with his long time Scottish rival, he's found yet another path to take in being the recurring champion of the Supercar Festival. But those skills are put to the test as he inadvertently made his way into the ranks of The Prophecy as their newest Chosen.

One of the founding members of the infamous, vastly exclusive American street crew with an international cast known mainly as The List. This gruff in general, semi Irishman is never seen slow thanks to his all-around sense, reliance, and secret sixth sense on insa-not so insane stunts.

Theme Song: Ash - Arcadia, Dropkick Murphys - The Last Letter Home
Racing Duel Music: Dropkick Murphys - The Battle Rages On
Nationality: Half British, half Irish
Current occupation: Car thief
Distinct features: Buzz shaved blonde hair. Chubby, rounded diamond face, surrounded by reddish tinted pale skin. Narrow droopy green eyes, freckles under the eyes, short pointed nose, and wide dried mouth. Notably carries a badass baritone. Average build and height.
Choice of clothing: Casual looks incline towards his love of British sports. Frequently with a sports shirt, slim slacks and sneakers. You're either going to see him in colors of Aston Villa FC, colors of the English white and red, or just red all over.
Cars: Many due to his ever growing collection, but he's often seen with either McLaren 12C or Radical SR3

A high value serviceman of petty American crime. UK born Murph was born in a smaller town: Milton-Keynes and grew up raised, then raising a church after his parents disowned him. The way he sees it, it's just another way to break free of the chains that bind him. The crazy driving of his started there, where he usually finds himself in a pinch upon doing some robbery work. In relation to the illegal duties he carries out, his overall goal is to ensure the clergy and the children they keep will never go hungry or sad. After years of this activity, Murph moved on while keeping his donations steady from the shadows. While he's never been caught entirely, getaway seems to be his forte, and that fact slowly cements itself over time.

However, his notable rise to fame would come in his penchant for using risk for massive rewards. He would find himself using lightweight sports cars in contact heavy street races, using every trick he learned in his mental book. This in turn would help him gain international infamy on the streets. With intent of clearing his heat, he lays low in America, meeting a giant and his superior in form of The Outlaw. This chance meet, also with being ahead of the pack in general racing got him a spot in The List as one of its founders, even though ulterior motives arose revealing he's to stop this uprising altogether. That suspect allegiance changed as soon as he knew the pain of a machete's deep cut to the gut, but this change of heart got him to become the official right hand man of the big boss.

Now, with his newly christened nickname as "Murph", he revels as everyone who's anyone in the worldwide street racing scene calls him insane, but he's not dumb, and so far nothing's going to stop him. Murph usually finds himself doing his racing and general thief work in the States, but he often makes his way back to the UK to catch up on the local news, check on his old stomping grounds, keep track of his car smuggling connections with his growing car collection in Surrey, or test his mettle in the growing street scenes that's been clamoring a chance at a truly insane racing machine.

Hailed as one of the fastest street racers in the treacherous mountains of Japan, Isamu brings a curse he so willingly carries to prove he is more than your usual unbeatable hothead behind the wheel.

Theme Song: Linkin Park - Lost in The Echo
Racing Duel Music: Linkin Park - Blackout
Nationality: Japanese
Current occupation: Track racing personality
Distinct features: Black, short/medium spiky hair, with a hachimaki underneath. Notably handsome look, with red asian eyes (contacts?), a thin grecian nose and often dried up mouth. Thin rounded Asian face with some skin blemishes. Average height, but slightly thin build.
Choice of clothing: Wears a retro 80s style sunglasses at all times, due to issues in his vision. Isn't one for a particular fashion style, but his clothes are always white with red accents. Some parts of clothing might not be tied or secured properly.
Cars: Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo, Nissan SKYLINE 2000GT-R (KPGC110), Honda Sports Vision Gran Turismo, Toyota Alphard Executive Lounge

Up above the mountains of Gunma prefecture, there was a folk legend from the 80's. They said those who raced and survived down the dubbed 9 Valleys of Hell would be granted audience by the mysterious, but all inspiring Raiko: the fastest street racer in those parts of Japan. A challenge usually follows, and those who failed would be brought to shame in a level that usually has them retire from street racing, and those who succeed would take the mantle and become the all new Raiko.

Gunma native Isamu would be the forty ninth challenger for this mantle, and he would not only successfully take the role of Raiko, but also be assassinated the very night he was to celebrate this achievement. The legend of Raiko would sizzle away due to fears surrounding the curse of the 49: the number of death and agony, with Isamu's soul to burn in purgatory forever.. as it was to be written.

Years later, thanks to some efforts within certain criminal organizations, Isamu would come back, but something was off, especially with his new habit of wearing a strange pair of sunglasses at all times. Nobody would believe he was the same man, so Isamu decided the whole of Japan would find out he's the real deal: by being the fastest racing down the roads of Japan as The Oni. Behind the wheel of what's known as a cursed S2000, we find Isamu as a bit of a slacker, an enthusiast on speedcubing and a confident goof who likes to taunt others, making fire out of any situation. This latter aspect of character is stemmed mainly from his Kabuki theatre upbringing, with rumors of certain Yakuza families floating around this whole new reborn character.

Often referred as a sleek and slithering reptile with a talent for FWD racing. A geek who often follows unusual trends, but his smarts, observations and general know it all brings brings whatever affiliations to his to relevance, most recently the UK based racing crew known as the Mountain Blazers.

Theme Song: Europe - Seven Doors Hotel
Racing Duel Music: Kraftwerk - Radioaktivität (The Mix)
Nationality: Half British, half German
Current occupation: Weather analyst
Distinct features: Short black ponytail. Thin tall triangular face with tall forehead. Small 8 pronged star tattoo on his chin. Thin eyes with skinny cheeks and nose. Misshapen, but clean white teeth, and wears orange tinted contacts. Reddish pale skin. Average height on a skinny body shape.
Choice of clothing: Usually wears a turtleneck sweater under a pointy jacket, combined with skinny slacks and pointy slip-on shoes.
Cars: Honda Civic Type R FK2, Honda Civic Type R Limited Edition FK8, Honda Civic SiR-II EG6

A sickly thin man, born and raised in Nottingham. While grades are his forte and his work allowing him to live a good life, he's more known as this UK underworld genius who serves as the sanity check, as well as the brains behind the Mountain Blazers in nation operations. Before The Big 3 was formed, The Prophecy's dominance under The Messiah would remain untouched until Jovan and another bright individual from a rival crew would make moves that develop into the instrumental push of their respective groups to set in stone the Big 3 known today.

Careful and calculated, Jovan is a stylish man who often doesn't leave behind details unchecked. He's a perfectionist in many ways, but usually finds excuses to demerit his own achievements, and try to make even the smallest flaws work eventually. Jovan would be the kind of person who would like to intellectually argue with anyone, even with himself. Odd enough, nobody truly knows how Jovan got into said business to begin with, but it's these personality details that tell us why.

Outside of his work, he is usually never seen without this other Mountain Blaze in tow: a quiet, strict but caring sumo wrestler. He can be a bit of a weird thinking hipster, and habitually does odd postures of a bizarre origin: something said sumo wrestler often grunts negatively about.

She might look like your usual office worker, but behind this thick skinned devil is a self serving, unfaltering genius that put Crown Jewels to the top of the street racing food chain.

Theme Song: Nightwish - Devil & the Deep Dark Ocean
Racing Duel Music: Nightwish - The Poet and the Pendulum: Part 2 - Home
Nationality: British
Current occupation: Museum secretary
Distinct features: Bunned up long orange hair. Thin triangle shaped face with sensual deep blue eyes and thin aquiline nose. Wears large wide brim glasses with a holder, often shining sinisterly. Notable shine on lips due to her addiction to reapplying lipstick. Has a few beauty marks: one under her lip, another next to her left eye. Bright pale skin surrounds this tall, slender figure with thickened limbs, even moreso her lower half.
Choice of clothing: Usually with office wear on, such as a tailored suit jacket, a blazer with matching skirt, and heels with stockings. She cares immensely towards her presentation, and keeps these clean to the best of her ability.
Cars: Mercedes-AMG GT R, Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Coupe

Carrying double award degrees in administration, Samantha's life started off as a rustic farmhand off the lands in East Anglia. While handling potatoes, both figuratively and literally, she found herself to be the perfect duo of brawn and brains of the family, and thought well enough to pursue a higher education. A dark, pressure exhuming entrepreneur, and a bit of a self developed genius, but she assumes all this be only natural.

Her post educatIon life however hasn't been smooth. She's always a top performer in any work she finds herself into, so much so that she's never in the same job for more than a year. That's changed when she decides slowing down is the way to go, and finds herself as the top dog within the Crowden Automotive Museum, representing as an ambassador for Legend Cars, posed behind only Giles himself. Her work by day involve managing auctions and transfer of cars, with the aim of getting record profits for the museum flipping prices on expensive antiques.

However, finding out that the museum is a staging ground for Giles' desire of something more illicit, Samantha's honest views start to falter due to the amounts of money she's offered to maintain both day to day museum activities, and the logistics behind the Crown Jewels. Not to mention she's being taught how to drive, and develops a like for good racing every now and then. But all in all, she's a self reserved, dominating figure with a penchant for hard work and knowledge. But to say new age Samantha as suspicious is not unheard of.

A swanky, rude Russian beauty with gems and riches on the outside, while housing a survivor, liberator and freedom fighter on the inside. This original of the List, doubling her position as Ring Meister might show signs of her peaking, but always seems to prove otherwise.

Theme Song: Garbage - Special
Racing Duel Music: The Killers - Wonderful Wonderful
Nationality: Russian
Current occupation: Ring Meister
Distinct features: Aqua dyed medium emo styled bob. Thin triangular face. Narrow, heavily lashed blue eyes, tall thin nose and average sized lipsticked mouth. Shiny face makeup with a diamond pastel lipstick and eyeliner. Tall, slightly pale skinned, with smaller proportions.
Choice of clothing: High class is her overall uniform, usually with a shiny dress and various golden jewelleries. Her dresses are never restrictive in nature, combined with her special high heels that can convert itself to and back from sporty sandals for her unexpected racing needs.
Cars: Mercedes-AMG SLS AMG, BMW 3.0 CSL '73

Hailed from St Petersburg, Lena was the only female of 5 siblings under a wealthy Russian oligarch, whose stakes hold strong in various sports worldwide. A family with money not an issue, Lena was spoilt rotten, earning her smug and snobbish attitude. This was the age of her not growing, thinking this is life and how she's going to live it all the way to the end: gifts not ending and pampering to however she desires.

Her family's wealth would come into question when she's seen too much and found a connection through intercepting private mails. Having leading these notes all the way to a secret government experiment, Lena's faith in all she lived in broke as quick as she knew the truth, and she made a quick escape as her arrest was imminent should she remain. And after successfully finding herself in the middle of Germany with whatever she can scrounge up from her former home. Emotionally broken, THIS was the age of her growing.

Her first moves was to earn the trust of the Euro underground scene in Berlin, gaining her a new origin story, known as the fierce and violent Leona with the hair cast of diamond. While she had it hard, eventually the forte that grew was street racing. The BMW she took from her family estate was a homologation model that can do battle on the streets, earning her a reputation she nurtured.

This all leads to her move to the US, where Lena became a founding member of The List, being the only female of 5 members. A poetic reminder of her past, but these would be people she called brothers without hesitation. As time passes, The List would dissolve and Lena found her calling as a Ring Meister, hoping her past never would come to her as she lives fast. With that reason she's usually cold and uncaring to those she's hardly known.

Just like a being that fell from the sky, Cierra brings herself as The Prophecy's unwanted deus ex machina that can do anything.. if her extremely timid self won't hold it back.

Theme Song: Journey - Wheel in The Sky
Racing Duel Music: Pendulum - Witchcraft (Pegboard Nerds remix)
Nationality: American
Current occupation: Racing mechanic
Distinct features: Medium, straight brown hair. Sharp and short triangular face with a just as sharp chin. Narrow green eyes around a thin but pointy nose above a slightly thick, but narrow mouth. Small patches of oil can be seen under her brown eyes. While adult, still retains a teenage look in most of her facial features. Average height, skinny body with regular caucasian skin.
Choice of clothing: Always with her signature blue beret. Her clothes vary, but usually consists of a cropped jacket over a tight undershirt, tight skinny jeans, and leather slippers. Can also be seen wearing a mechanic's getup.
Cars: Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat, Dodge Coronet Super Bee

Hailing from San Francisco, Cierra's personal history has been unremarkably blank, until she picked up a spanner from a local chop shop that raised her as one of their own. The shop allowed her to get exposure to her passions as a car mechanic, also earning said staff as a family to lean towards. Slowly but surely, she would earn a reputation modifying cars to be street race ready in a short period of time. Over time, she gains an understanding on what to do if a car needs to drift, grip, drag, or just even lay low on the pavement with lamps all around.

While her social skills remain an all time low due to her timid soul, her ever growing skills in developing and maintaining top levels of performance at a young age manages her to receive scholarships for special tutoring from various manufacturers around the world. From experimental American machines, European supercars, to the domestic powerhouse in Toyota, there's very little in the car she doesn't understand.

Cierra also received the lovely perk of testing out cars from the chop shop just as soon as she reached her sweet sixteens. This skill would work out well for police evasion and warrant issues she piled up. It's unknown how she manages her way in and out of San Francisco with a warrant for her constantly present in the California area alone, but sightings of her in Toyoda would be the last anyone's heard of her in the public.

Her latest caper has her ousted from her home turf, and somehow end up in London, where she becomes another of the Chosen: The Messiah's chosen racers for him to mentor.

As the clock struck 12, her past became a mystery, and what's left of has been shrouded by her persistent pursuees. But as she becomes an integral member of the Big 3, she ventures on to find her hazed past, or perhaps start anew?

Theme Song: Eddie Vedder - Invincible
Racing Duel Music: not yet found
Nationality: Presumably British
Current occupation: Unknown
Distinct features: Medium, slightly curled burgundy red hair. Straight, angular brows. Diamond shaped face, with an attractive look consisting of a subtle aquiline nose, thin rounded eyes and small mouth. Thin application of makeup, with a notably strong appication of pale red lipstick. While pleasant to look at, her facial expressions are notably exaggerated. Average height and build over pale caucasian skin, but notably fit.
Choice of clothing: Always today's fashion. If she would wear anything usual, they would be locally sourced or given a much fancier look than usual. Normally with a blouse and long pants, wearing raised sandals.
Cars: Nissan Z Performance, Nissan Z 432

The Tales of Cinderella (planned Gran Turismo 7 based story) intends to help open her to the world as she dedicates herself to search for her past.. thus this segment is intentionally redacted.

One of The List originals, Ramlie is known mainly as Tokyo's Fastest Taxi Driver, breaking speed limits he usually has a hand in establishing. While he can't hide his age, he's an optimistic man who desires speed through and through, never stopping his honing of said crafts he's found himself excelling at.

Theme Song: Ozzy Osbourne - Love To Hate
Racing Duel Music: Digitalism - Circles (Eric Prydz)
Nationality: Malaysian
Current occupation: Taxi Driver
Distinct features: Naturally bald head surrounded by a slight darkened skin tone. Stubby round face, almond brown eyes, wide nose and mouth with large, shiny protruded teeth. Slightly short, but with average build.
Choice of clothing: A mish mash of whatever he finds, but usually it's a buttoned shirt with great color representation, denim shorts, slippers and cheap dark tone sunglasses.
Cars: Pontiac Firebird Trans Am, Mazda Atenza Gr. 3 Road Car

Born the second of four paddy farmer's children in a small rural community within Kedah, Ramlie never amounted to anything in life other than making sure by the end of the day, his family gets their well earned compensation. While the labour work wouldn't stop, his aspirations came to fruiton upon his family getting themselves into an industrial scale, bringing in the use of machinery to help with the farm work: garnering an interest in these machines, from what, to eventually how.

He never stopped learning to become an engineer so he too can invent and produce these marvelous creations. However, this enthusiasm would wane for a moment as soon as he's dropped out of high school. While the farmer's life would satisfy his family and friends, he aspired for more, still thinking positively that he's bound to make that impact in life somewhere. With the gizmos and gadgets mindset still strong, he headed out to make a living driving taxis.

Years pass, and Ramlie's small taxi company finds itself in good steady condition to run without issue. On the side, however, he dabbled into being a mechanic for cars, eventually putting aside one of his cabs to become an experiment street racer with a grassroots engine swap, taking more time to finally succeed. Taking it around the area and the expressways proved to garner him attention in the night racing scene. From then, the famed Uncle was born, riding sedans with unimaginable power into victory.

Finding himself in America after the local authorities drove him out of the country, Ramlie became one of the originals of the List, along the 4 members. Being the original mechanic and handyman of the team helped them out for their long age of dominance until it's time to put the heat aside and settle down. These days, Ramlie can either be working on his self tuned taxi job in Tokyo, or handling few small paddy farms in Japan as its stakeholder. He's eager to do so, but never sure when he can return to Malaysia, wanting to see how life moves on without him.

With a check for just about every sign in the stuck up royalty, Lysander the Fifth takes that cliche apart thanks to his affiliations with the UK underground in general, with his on track talents, connections to the classic car scene and renowned family name in British sport no short of being useful.

Theme Song: Royal Philharmonic Orchestra - Hooked on Tchaikovsky
Racing Duel Music: Tchaikovsky - Marche Slave
Nationality: British
Current occupation: Touring car racer
Distinct features: Fine part combed, mid-long bleached blonde hair. Thin, rounded face with a flair for the handsome. Thicker than usual eyebrows above well lashed blue eyes, thick wide nose and narrow but thick mouth. Medium length mustache, often twirled. Built, average weight with slightly tall height.
Choice of clothing: Usually finds himself wearing old renaissance fashion, but in public places: a suit is what he always wears. Always with his own personal walking cane.
Cars: TVR Tuscan Speed Six, Wicked Fabrications GT 51 Coupe, Autobianchi A112 Abarth

Kent born of the fifth in his royal home, Lysander always been born and raised a piece of British lordship akin to those back in the day, and it's no lie he was blessed from day 1. From being raised as a proper gentleman, Lysander found out the old British styled way of living wasn't for him. To be spoonfed all the way to adulthood was an objection he had to hold until he became an adult, giving him a dishonest but happy, wealthy upbringing. This all changes as soon as he found his fire upon seeing for himself another old British tradition: racing cars.

Taking this opportunity after reaching adulthood, Lysander was a fledgling force on the track. Aside his obvious royalty upbringing influencing his gentle tone and even more gentle mannerisms, Lysander would find himself a common visitor of the Goodwood Festival, be it either a man on the sidelines, or racing on the track with some of the oldest machines and racers around. He might still be young, but he shows his high contrast colors on the track, while in time the racers around have been praising his on track efforts, and being a general positive topic of mingle among the locals of Kent. While he's mainly gentlemanly and all around a man of respect and honesty, in his heart he usually isn't full of warm fuzzies, stemming from unproven rumors of his wealth influencing his racing results.

While busy by day as a promising touring car racer, Lysander finds himself under the tutelage of his racing icon: a former touring car racer now turned museum curator, and learns firsthand about his battles with the rivals that put his place in the racing world strong. Eventually, Lysander too would join in his inner circle, and would go to do on and off stints of street racing for his crew known as the Crown Jewels.

However, he also serves as one of the many, perhaps most well known fences for illicit vehicular trade in Britain, suggesting he's been doing more than just street racing in the UK underworld, as well as explaining his flair for classic cars.

A fan favorite cool cat with a renowned row of accolades for racing street legal machinery. Now expanding his horizons as a member of infamous racing club The List, Williem hopes to bring his long running expertise of the most infamous toll road out to the more savage wilderness that is street racing.

Theme Song: R.E.M. - Talk About The Passion
Racing Duel Music: R.E.M. - Orange Crush
Nationality: German
Current occupation: Street car racer
Distinct features: Mid-long, curled light accented blonde hair. Thick diamond shaped face with slender cheeks and a rough chin, giving a handsome flair. Narrow eyes, thin down pointed nose, and narrow mouth. Teeth show signs it's being worked on externally, and face is artificially clear of any blemishes. Average to tall height, with semi thin body frame.
Choice of clothing: Always wearing a casual motorsports getup, consisting of a turtleneck shirt under a sporty jacket, matching sports pants and shoes. 90% of the time it will be branded with Audi or the Nurburgring.
Cars: Audi R8 Coupe V10 Plus, Audi R8 4.2, Audi TTS (Type 8J)

Williem came into the world as one of the two children of a well known Nurburgring specialist family hailed from Eifel. Having exposed into the racing at an early age, Williem has his daily life mixed with both racing and education. While a struggle, this allowed Williem to take things calm, cool and methodically; a mantra he lives by to this day.

A fan of 80's rock, Williem takes greatly into their cool nature and also dabbled into music, adapting in and out from playing the bass, synth keyboard, to taking the wheel of a race worthy Porsche in the early 2000s. Giving his life into succeeding the family name in this sport, he too wants his other sibling: a rage inducing little prodigy into this field. But as he learned to consider the feelings of others, Williem would take her around with his side hustle as a Nurburgring taxi driver, realizing that this is his true calling, not racing.

Eventually befriending a hot headed Spanish superstar upon adulthood, Williem would make use of his talents to be a prime car tester around various locales, especially the Nurburgring. Once hosting their yearly street racing tournament, Williem aligned slowly, as he should, into the competitive side of driving. A fan favorite fixture of the Supercar Festival events, he's made a few well known rivals in his day he's yet to best, which are a lightweight specializing French aristocrat, and an overegotistical man known as the Asian-American Badass.

Now in a relationship with a Russian known as the Queen, Williem was then persuaded to join her sister's good friend: a dark cowboy, into the leagues of street racing, with high hopes as a sleeper newcomer to the cream of the crop of US based street crews.

Latest Posts

Back