BMW M3 GT (E36)
BEH_7256.jpg

BMW M3 CSL (E46)
BEH_7063.jpg

BMW M3 GTS (E92)
BEH_7165.jpg

BMW M4 GTS (F80)
0p90215443_highres_0.jpg

I'm going with the most obvious choice, the M3 E30 Sport Evolution. It was the car that made the M3 a sought-after nameplate, with great looks, motorsport success, and high performance. The original M3 is the most iconic M3, and out of all the options, I'd take the E30 on a lap 'round the Ring first.

Gonna go with the underdog, the E36. I couldn't really explain why, but I prefer it over the rest of them. That M4 is hideous though, yuck those wheels.

Gotta go with the CSL. The E46 remains the most beautiful generation of the 3er to me and the CSL's straight six noise is something else entirely.

The CSL does make the best noise, but I had to give it to the E30, naturally. For a car like the M3, lightest and purest is best. The E36 drifted astray and BMW totally lost the plot by the E92.

E46 CSL easily. It's less tacky than the E92 and M4 GTS, and a lot less overrated than the E30. Plus it showed the peak of what the M Division was capable of.

E36 gets my vote, I've just always like the way they look and it seems to be the most affordable one.

Love the E92. At my old school there was one that I parked next to for almost 2 years and never met the owner til the last semester of school when we both were getting into our cars.

He was such a nice guy. It was his daily and he never had a problem with it. I loved the leather seats and the interior.

I pretty much fell in love with this body style when I saw his car. They don't look good in pictures at all to me but in person it's such a sexy car.

image.jpeg

Tough decision between the E30 and E36 for me. The E30 is a classic and looks great. But there's something about the look of the E36 generation of Bimmers that I adore. I have a feeling most people are going to go with the E30, so I'll give the E36 some love.

Out of all of them, I think the CSL still remains the smoothest to look at. It's a pretty good drive too even if it's been hit recently by a ricer crowd.

F80 because e30 is slow and overrated, e46 csl smg gearbox sucks (better stock m3 and manual), e92 v8 is not bad and e36 just not my cup of tea.

Usually I'd see this and immediately go "ermagherd E46 because NFS MW Razor hurrdurr" and if this was a couple years ago, I'd still choose it.
But after a while I kinda grew out of that car and into the newer model of the E92, it's just a beautiful car, and it's noise is amazing.
I know most people'd choose the E30 for it being the car that made M3s famous, but personally I like the E92 better

Out of all of them, I think the CSL still remains the smoothest to look at. It's a pretty good drive too even if it's been hit recently by a ricer crowd.
Last time I checked, ricers don't usually modify CSL M3's, or any M3's for that matter. A ricer will rob ably buy a cheap 325i and slap an M badge on it.

Latest Posts

Back