Car Spotting Scavenger Hunt Redux. Round Nine on now!!!!!!

United States
Houston, TX
astrosdude91
We did something like this way back in the day, like 2007. Thought with Spring springing upon us, now would be a great time to possibly bring it back. So we'll try this and if everyone has fun, we'll keep it up.

Some basic rules:
-Only spots in the wild. That means no dealerships, car shows, car meets, car related events, museums, etc.
-If you submit a spot, make sure it is exactly what it scavenger hunt asks for. EXACTLY.
-One point will be given for each scavenger item spotted, and one point for each bonus car. You can only submit one scavenger item each, but you can submit up to three bonus cars.
-If you win a round, you will be able to choose the list for the next round. If that's you, be creative when picking categories. Have some fun with it.
-The scavenger item can be anything that would describe the car. IE most expensive Toyota, most bumper stickers, oldest Chevrolet, tallest vehicle, etc. Only the bonus car can be a specific make and model.
-Include extra details for each scavenger item if you need to. IE will be judged by, measured by, has to be, etc.
-You can't use your own vehicle, or a family member's vehicle as an entry, unless specifically stated. C'mon, that's too easy. Where's the fun in that?
-Have fun!

I'll start round one. Winner chooses round two if we decide to do round two.

Here we go:

1. Most expensive Ford (no Lincoln or Mercury, only cars with the blue oval). Will be judged by factory MSRP.

2. Any Italian Vehicle. Cars, trucks, bikes, they all count.

3. Your favorite German vehicle.

4. Oldest Mercedes.

5. A car that was featured in the anime series Initial D. If you aren't aware of the show, here's a pretty comprehensive list.

Bonus car. Golf R32 and R.

open_420x280.jpg

2008_volkswagen_r32-pic-60624.jpeg

wheels-VW-Golf-R-euro-blog480.jpg

Hopefully the categories will be good for everyone everywhere. Well give this until next Friday.

Let yourself be known if you want to participate.👍

Last edited:
Leaderboard

1. Joey D -11

2. astrosdude91 -9

3. poolhaas -5

4. the_stig_1, disinfected -3

5. InvincibleM5, Anna+Reece, oskierox, Cowboys965 -2

Last edited:
Heh. If only I'd taken a picture of the silly goose in the FC that spun out in front of me yesterday.

Yeah I'm in, going Golf R hunting tomorrow.

I'll see if I've got my camera with me I might get some things up.
R32 Golf lives 5 min away from me :dopey:

Alright, I'll bite. At least there will be more competition without Doug around, although it won't be as interesting :indiff:

Cool, some participants. I imagine if we keep this up, the number of participants will increase, hopefully anyways.

To anyone else who wants to play, feel free to jump in.

Jai
I assume we have to try to get a car from every category?

Sure, I'll participate.

You can get a car from every category. But it isn't necessary. Sometimes you won't be able to spot everything from the list.

I've got the Ford one...by a Milestone. Shelby GT500s everywhere around here. On top of that I see Boss 302s all the time. The old one. Worth $180,000.

Slashfan
Yeah restored lol. Mint they are worth what I said lol.

You'll have to provide proof the one you see is all original instead of being restored.

Keep in mind the Fords will be judged by factory MSRP, and not current values.

Though in the interest of fairness. We may factor in inflation. But that Boss still may not be worth as much as you were hoping, even with inflation. I'm on my iPhone right now, so I can't be bothered to do the math or look up any figures.

And yeah, we'll just go to next Friday, the 13th.

Last edited:
I didn't know we were going already! Better get on it.

Question as far as the Initial D part goes...assume we can use the American counterparts to the JDM-only cars?

astrosdude91
Keep in mind the Fords will be judged by factory MSRP, and not current values.

Though in the interest of fairness. We may factor in inflation. But that Boss still may not be worth as much as you were hoping, even with inflation. I'm on my iPhone right now, so I can't be bothered to do the math or look up any figures.

And yeah, we'll just go to next Friday, the 13th.

If its MSRP I think I'm good for the win :lol:

Was expecting to go out today and find a Fiat to fit my Italian car quota...and I was surprised by what I found instead. :P

Just need one more and the bonus car.

Back