Cars became slower? (Sardegna track)

• Thread starter Dess81
  • 17 comments
Russian Federation
Russian Federation
I spent a lot of time on Sardegna Road Track grinding. And I wrote my race time. For example my time was 25:55,893(+14,936) on 787B '91.
I return to grind on Sardegna. And I made about 20 times. And I noticed that my time now 26:25-26:30.
Car physics changed so hard or I became slower for 30 seconds? I tried 5 cars and my time sucks now...
The only difference that used manual transmission and the wheel, and I use auto transmission and gamepad. But I can't explain 30 seconds difference.

Last edited:
I thought I was crazy for being nearly a second slower a lap on average in the 787b on Sardegna, the car doesn't seem to carry as much speed through the corners as before the update.

I don't think they are "slower" in terms of physics but it seems like the cars eat more gas now so you gotta go with a leaner fuel map. As a result, it makes you slower. Did a couple of races and noticed that I had to go much leaner on fuel than pre patch.

I don't have before and after data, but the brake feels with less grip for my Z4. I have to race a few laps to get used to the updated feeling.

I don't have before and after data, but the brake feels with less grip for my Z4. I have to race a few laps to get used to the updated feeling.
Yeah, the only thing I noticed is the brakes are effective as they used to be ( too effective since the brake "fix" on the previous update), more "normal" now.
As for lean fuel maps, IDK, I usually go FM1.
It's only a 20 sec loss, which is clearly compensated on pace on 15 laps with FM1.
But at Le Mans was able to run a 8 laps 30 minute race for the first time with the same Mazda at 700pp, so hardly slower after the update.
Also the original post says the "only difference" is using gamepad and automatics instead of wheel and manuals... It's a huge difference, specially on long runs and with the Mazda, on automatics it will stretch the gears too much, you should shift much sooner as the power band is in the mid range, anything over 8000rpm you are loosing time compared with higher gear

Last edited:
I have that feeling since the previous update while using the 787B to grind on Sardegna (the only thing I do, or did, in this game). 15 laps each time so it's pretty easy to remember how it was before and how it is now. The brake is less effective and I didn't change anything in my configuration. It's always the same brand new controller with good triggers.

I tried the 787B in the new group 1 races, and found it to have very little front-end grip. Maybe that's why your times are worse.
But I didn't try it before the update, so I have no comparison.

I don't think they are "slower" in terms of physics but it seems like the cars eat more gas now so you gotta go with a leaner fuel map. As a result, it makes you slower. Did a couple of races and noticed that I had to go much leaner on fuel than pre patch.
I always ran fm6 the whole race so nothing is worse there, if anything it's faster in a straight line since I can optimize the gearing without effecting pp. I'll be running it a few more times to see if I can get back into the 1:37 range average again.

I continued grinding and almost return my time. 15:57.
It seems like i Just lost my skills during grinding for days.)
I hope that i Will but all cars for next 45days and Will play only races for fun

It seems to me the RED area appears more often when driving my Z4 GT3 at Sardegna. Maybe the effect of ABS is more intense after version 1.15 upgrade.

i16HBxihYqSTHO.jpeg

Don’t feel much difference. Try with many different cars. All still win comfortably.
Clk LM. Tomahawk S. McLaren f1. Skyline gt500. Sauberc9, and all the other legendary gr1 cars.

Although I have to ride my bike, I didn't have any problems there with my GT500 ´16 Nissan Gr2 at the weekend, on the contrary. Every now and then I had the feeling that I had too little grip on the front axle, but that was because I had slowed down much too much because of the pad (or because the brakes are now working a little harder, that could also be the case.. .) and if the down pressure is missing from the speed, it doesn't really go better/faster around the corners than a Gr3 car.

Hey, Guys!
What's about fuel economy ballance? Is it changed or I can't drive?
I used CLK Mercedes Gr2 and my record is 15:55.332 with 1 pit-stop. And I tried the same strategy and my time was +37 seconds. I have a feel like the car is super-slow on 5 fuel economy. My best time lap is +5sec when I use fuel economy 5.
That's why 2 pit-stop strategy is +30-35 sec faster then 1 pit-stop.

But I used ALWAYS 1 pit-stop strategy on all tracks where it possible before, and it was easy win. Is it something changed?

Back