Central support column rigs - any advice?

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 1 comments

seadog777

Premium
Malaysia
Iskandar
seadog777
I recently changed my wheel and pedals.
The old set had 2 pedals, the new one, 3.

The rig is the sort that has a central column to support the wheel.
That was fine with the 2 pedal set-up.

However, with the 3 pedal set it's a bit awkward. The brake pedal is right in front of the column if set up as it should be.
Worse, the diagonal bar that goes from the support to the wheel base overhangs, so you can't tuck your left foot in to get to the brake.

I've moved the pedals as far to the left (looking at it from the chair) as I can, moved the clutch pedal as far to the left as it will go and it sort of works, but I am best doing it bare-footed as shoes / flip-flops can catch on the clutch.

Here's a couple of pictures to show what I mean.

If anyone has any good ideas about how to improve it I'd love to hear from you! I've looked at swapping the brake and the clutch and it seems to be a major rebuild that could easily go wrong.
I wish I'd bought a rig with left and right supports, but I didn't, so there you go.... 🤣

IMG_4026.JPGIMG_4027.JPG

Last edited:
You could place the pedals off centre (had mine top left) and just use 2 bolts to secure it but you'll probably get a lot of twisting and flexing on your stand. You might need to knock up a wooden brace for behind the pedals to stiffen things up a bit. Got the TLCM's on my creaky playseat evo and making a pedal brace worked wonders for it.

Back