Changing pots in DFP

• Thread starter wolfhound
  • 3 comments
Has anyone come across instructions on how to replace and calibrate the gas and brake pots in Logitech's DFP wheel? Does a specific brand of pot have to be used? Reason I ask is I just came across some very good ones from ECCI and thought I'd try them in the DFP. Also, my existing ones are starting to wear down and are getting a little freaky. Thanks for the help.

Did you miss the whole forum we have on Steering wheels?

Moving...

daan
Did you miss the whole forum we have on Steering wheels?

Moving...

I read a lot of your forum stuff on wheels a while back before I bought the Logitech. It was such good information I printed out a lot of it. But I never came across anything about pot replacement. And I didn't get anything later on a search. But that was a while ago, so thanks for the link. I'll try again.

I actually just posted about my own pot experience (the electronic kind, not the purple haze variety :D ) I nabbed a pot from a Logitech Wingman pedal set, plugged it in and it worked a-ok. Before I put the base back together I did notice that both the gas & brake were operating a little funky and a little out of calibration; I unplugged them and did the tape method to help secure them better. Once I plugged them back in they operated normally, so perhaps having the pots set where you want them, unplugging & plugging them back in sets the calibration?

Latest Posts

Back