• Thread starter Tom
  • 12 comments

Tom

Voice of Gran Turismo
Premium
United Kingdom
Kent
tombrookscomms
What cheap bucket racing seats are out there? I only have between £50-£75 to spend on one for my Racing Cockpit Project. I would prefer to buy new if it's possible.

Thanks in advance,

Tom

I know you said "NEW", but try an auto breaker, mate! I was able to get a real car seat that reclines, has lumbar support, and was designed to have a fanny sit in it for hours on end. Best of all it only cost me $10.

As far as I know you can't buy a new bucket seat for that little ammount of money.
I wanted to do that also but the cheapest one I could find was 170 euros, in the end customs set me back 115 euros so I had to buy an used one from the scrapyard (and that one I paid 80 euros).
Good luck searching but my advice would be to find a nice, preserved used seat and forget about buckets, way too uncomfortable (I ended up with Clio's seat).

Have you thought of a kart seat, they are under fifty pounds and you can also get padding for them check out Demon Tweeks.👍

Have you thought of a kart seat, they are under fifty pounds and you can also get padding for them chevk out Demon Tweeks.👍

I think they would be a bit small for the rig I have planned, plus being nearly 6ft is also another factor to consider.

I use a kirkey full bucket kart seat. Salvaged it from am experimental class based on sprint cars.

The seat will be returning to the kart soon, as I have decided to scrap my cockpit plans and use that instead.
20111106112328190.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Caz
I use a kirkey full bucket kart seat. Salvaged it from am experimental class based on sprint cars.

The seat will be returning to the kart soon, as I have decided to scrap my cockpit plans and use that instead.
20111106112328190.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I really like that seat frame you got there. Do you have anymore pics of it??👍

Go to a wreckers, I found my seat there, its a Recaro from an Evo 3, cost me fifty bucks, with rails and adjustable seat back angle.

There are a couple in the setup and mancave thread.

Just a couple 2*4 then wrapped on faux gator skin.

Check out eBay. I picked up a brand new faux suede bucket seat that I mounted on my Playseat for $90 (US). It is 100 times better than the bucket seat that came with the Playseat.

Back