Chevrolet Corvette (C7) Daytona Prototype 2015

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 22 comments

RACECAR

Keeper of the Undocumented Changes Threads.
Premium
United States
Addison,Texas
GTP_RACECAR
980624_Chevrolet_Logo.png

121614_TUSCtest_BC_477830.jpg

After two successful seasons in the Rolex Sports Car Series and a very dominant run in the first season of The Tudor United Sports Car Championship, the Corvette DP returns sporting new bodywork based on the design cues of the C7 Stingray. While the car still is powered by the same 5.5 Liter V8, it will instead transmit its power through a 6-Speed Gearbox via Paddle shifters as opposed to the 5-Speed Sequential Manual that had been used for the last three seasons. The addition of this car would add not only a Daytona Prototype for the first time in GT, but one of the most dominant ones in the entire history of the class that it has managed to outlive.

Engine: GM 90º 5.5L V8
Horsepower: 500 hp
Transmission: 6-Speed Manual Paddle-shift
Weight: ----
Drivetrain: RWD

Note: I'm aware there's a similar thread but it fails to follow the rules for the suggestions thread whereas this one complies fully. Also, I've added the C7 tag to distinguish it from the other Corvette DP threads which feature the C6 based Corvette DP

Last edited:
I'll take mine with an Evangelion Racing livery please!

but the AXR livery or the Wayne Taylor Racing or a "stealth" livery wouldn't be bad either

The current generation of Le Mans prototypes are all pretty ugly (though the Nissan is by far the worst), so if GM made one, I'm sure it'd look similarly awful. :)

Fair point actually. I miss the visual glory days gone by of beautiful Le Mans cars...

This should be in the game. This DP is a great looking race car. I'll take mine in either the #31 AXR Whelen livery or the #90 VISITFLORIDA car if they do add the liveries. A base model would work just fine too.

On a side note, I still find it ironic that the DP cars (especially those with GM spec bodywork) went from being some of the ugliest race cars ever to arguably being some of the most attractive race cars out there. They have come a long way since they were created.

This should be in the game. This DP is a great looking race car. I'll take mine in either the #31 AXR Whelen livery or the #90 VISITFLORIDA car if they do add the liveries. A base model would work just fine too.

I wouldn't mind having the livery of the #5 Action Express car, which has been doing quite well in USC this season:

tusc-sebring-2015-5-action-express-racing-corvette-dp-joao-barbosa-christian-fittipaldi-se.jpg

On a side note, I still find it ironic that the DP cars (especially those with GM spec bodywork) went from being some of the ugliest race cars ever to arguably being some of the most attractive race cars out there. They have come a long way since they were created.
As an ALMS/Le Mans guy, I never paid much attention to the Daytona Prototypes or Grand-Am in general, but I caught a 24 Hours of Daytona years ago (over a decade ago) and, yeah, I remember thinking the prototypes looked terrible.

:odd:

Can you explain why you felt the need to post that here when there's a thread specifically for the series with that race here?

I think that this thread is for this car in general not specific team. And it's 2015.

You posted a link to recent race results in a car suggestion thread though. The pic I would've been fine with (maybe with saying that this is your favorite livery or something), but the race results I thought were unnecessary (Especially since given its as recent as today, that's Spoiler material).

Back