Chevrolet Corvette (C3) L88 SCCA #12 Tony DeLorenzo 1969

Sick_Cylinder
In 1969 Tony DeLorenzo won the United States SCCA championship in his L88 Corvette - this is the winningest Corvette in history with 22 consecutive victories!

Corvette L88.jpg
OwensCorningCorvette_01_1500.jpg
Corvette L88 1.jpg
Corvette L88 2.jpg

I agree with Sick Cylinder - I think we need a base model race car and then a range of liveries which can be purchased such as Greenwood, Tony DeLorenzo etc - it could even be more credits for the most famous livery.

Definitely would like to have the Gulf Oil livery available for the Ford GT40.

In that first picture was it racing against prototypes?

Yes - the first picture is from the world sports car championship which was open to Group 6 Prototype Sports Cars, Group 4 Sports Cars and Group 3 Grand Touring cars. Tony won the SCCA championship in 1969 not the world sports car championship.

Yes - the first picture is from the world sports car championship which was open to Group 6 Prototype Sports Cars, Group 4 Sports Cars and Group 3 Grand Touring cars. Tony won the SCCA championship in 1969 not the world sports car championship.

Wow I knew the L88's were fast but I didn't know they were fast enough to compete with prototypes.

Wow I knew the L88's were fast but I didn't know they were fast enough to compete with prototypes.

They didn't compete against prototypes - they competed with prototypes. Endurance racing contains multiple classes - one of the big challenges for drivers is to pass cars from lower classes and also for drivers to allow others to pass without losing a position in their category.

In 1969 The World Championship for makes (Prototypes) was won by Porsche with Ford second and Lola third.

The International Cup for GT Cars was won by Porsche with Chevrolet second and Ferrari third.

Back