Chevrolet Impala (8th Gen) SS 2003

United States
Florida
GranTurismo0517
RandomCarGuy17
I remember sort of liking this Impala in the "LA Rush" video game. Sure, it doesn't have RWD or a V8 like the previous Impala SS, but I still think it would be a nice car to try in a Game/Sim like GT.

CHEVROLETImpalaIndySS-1883_1.jpg

173576.1-lg.jpg

Specs:
Drivetrain - Front Engine, FWD
Engine - Supercharged 3.8L V6
Transmission - 4-Speed AT
Power - 240 hp @5,200 rpm
Torque - 280 ft-lbs @3,600 rpm

Link(s):
http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2003/11/29/173576.html

Last edited:
I own the 2005 3.4L base model. I can't believe PD didn't include many four-door sedans like the Altima or Impala.

...........Yeah, well I won't lose sleep over it if it never makes into the game. A front driver? 4 speed? And would you just look at those adorably puny wheels....;)
Not every car I want in GT has to be a track monster. Gran Turismo is about more than just sports cars, just saying.

I like it for some strange reason. Never seen one with mods. Are there little mod options or...?
It's a trim level, it's just meant to be a bit more sporty than a normal Impala.

So, why vote for a car you don't like?

........Hence, "yeah, why not..." I may not care for it, but there are people who do, and that's a good enough reason as any...wouldn't you say?

(Unless I find the car really, really revolting/unexceptional/boring/questionable...)

If GT7 simulates mechanical failures we can all enjoy the wonders of 90s/00s Supercharged 3800 W-Body ownership as transmission after transmission pops from the stock torque numbers being literally the same as the maximum transmission rating. Then we can take joy that at least we don't own the later Impala SS, where fundamentally the same transmission was hooked up to an engine with 45 more pound feet.

Last edited:
If GT7 simulates mechanical failures we can all enjoy the wonders of 90s/00s Supercharged 3800 ownership as transmission after transmission pops from the stock torque numbers being literally the same as the maximum transmission rating. Then we can take joy that at least we don't own the later Impala SS, where fundamentally the same transmission was hooked up to an engine with 45 more pound feet.
If GT got realistic to that point, I probably wouldn't play it anymore to be honest. :lol:

If GT7 simulates mechanical failures we can all enjoy the wonders of 90s/00s Supercharged 3800 ownership as transmission after transmission pops from the stock torque numbers being literally the same as the maximum transmission rating. Then we can take joy that at least we don't own the later Impala SS, where fundamentally the same transmission was hooked up to an engine with 45 more pound feet.

My 3.4L Impala has problems with the transmission, but I'm thinking it's the solenoid and not the power.

Back